Revenge, getting even, and master at destroying someone's life.

conspiracy theorist

Interesting you say that and Rome isn't exactly thriving, I mean Italy is not the UK, China, or America in terms of power.

Not sure where the origin between Rome and Mars is coming from though. Also, if we were to believe astrology, Rome has a Mars in Gemini, not exactly that domiciled.

In my mind, being among the top power brokers in the world isn't synonymous with thriving.

Since we're talking about mythology and deities and their connection to these societies, I figure mentioning the connection between the society with the most longevity and Mars wouldn't be too out of line.

Which chart for Rome are you using?

conspiracy theorist

The unexamined assumption that an essentially dignified planet equates to actual supremacy in the field that it represents in reality is something that I am also opposed to. But I have no vendetta against Mars/Ares, so I won't minimise it's role whether astrologically or mythologically.

Signs and aspects that connote more methodical, colder and calculative approach or those that are able to predict and to "submerge" themselves in the mind of the opponent are also invaluable traits in someone who wants to win a battle/war/ . C.E.O Carter has it that Neptunian aspects are actually good for military generals for the latter reasons.

Abby83

Except Sparta had its limits and was just stuck on war, it didn't last that long as a society and wasn't able to advance all that much, even losing battles eventually to Thebes and Macedonia.

Amen!!
I'm married to a Spartan family and all they want to do is fight. When there is peace they feel uncomfortable. They want to fight all the time. Indeed I witness this as unfavourable cos fighting gets no one nowhere. Especially for someone like me who's all about mother earth. There's such a hate towards femininity with the Spartans but those very same feminine qualities are essential for the psychological, emotional wellbeing of both men and women. In this Spartan family in particular there are illnesses such as mental illness, Parkinson's disease, spleen failure, MS, blood disorders and neurological disorders that all stem from lack of joy in life, the control and manipulation, and the constant fighting that goes on in this culture. The need to be number one is extreme with the Spartans but it doesn't do well socially at all. This is seen with my son. As much as ppl don't believe it gets passed on through genes, I have seen otherwise. But anyway, my whole point is yes, being Martian like that is detrimental to their ppl.

Abby83

Oh, you meant literally. Interesting.

They live here in Australia. I must say, having a peaceful Czechoslovakian background growing up with friendly Aussies, I've never ever experienced anything quite like this Spartan family. It really is sad they keep fighting when they don't need to.

ElenaJ

"I mean Italy is not the UK, China, or America in terms of power. "
So how many countries are?
Italy is doing much better than the news would have you believe.
About its founding, here is the connection with mars:
"Romulus and Remus are the mythological twin brothers who founded the city of Rome...Romulus and Remus were twin boys born to a princess named Rhea Silvia. Their father was the fierce Roman god of war, Mars."

Opal

Premium Member
I am embroiled in something right now......

I made a business deal with someone, I fulfilled my end of the bargain, totally and excellently.

They lied about their credentials. They lied about their abilities.

I wrote a letter of complaint, to the body/college that represents what he said he was.

I do not see this as a revenge thing. I see it as a justice thing. He will never misrepresent himself as what he is not again.

He probably sees me as destroying his life. I see it as he destroyed his own life.

I may or may not get money back from what is owed. The money is not the big issue.........misrepresentation, of a medical professional is......

Sun in Libra 4 apex of T-square to the opposition of Mars 3 Cancer and Moon 29 Sagittarius

Pluto within 4 degrees of my MC

The19thLaw

"I mean Italy is not the UK, China, or America in terms of power. "
So how many countries are?
Italy is doing much better than the news would have you believe.
About its founding, here is the connection with mars:
"Romulus and Remus are the mythological twin brothers who founded the city of Rome...Romulus and Remus were twin boys born to a princess named Rhea Silvia. Their father was the fierce Roman god of war, Mars."

Keyword, mythological.

The19thLaw

One man's "mythology" is another man's "religion". No question that the Romans at their most disciplined were exemplary soldiers.

As were many empires.

My point being, Mars in it rawness is brash but undisciplined unless aspected well by other planets. In conclusion, it is quite an overhyped planet and a person relying on just that part of their chart for war gets outwitted and defeated easily.

david starling

As were many empires.

My point being, Mars in it rawness is brash but undisciplined unless aspected well by other planets. In conclusion, it is quite an overhyped planet and a person relying on just that part of their chart for war gets outwitted and defeated easily.

Mars alone can tell about fighting style, but not strategic ability. Napoleon had a grand trine with Mars in Virgo, Urania:uranus: in Taurus, and Pluto in Capricorn. His downfall was a debilitated Neptune conjunct Mars, but he had great success prior to his "Waterloo".

The19thLaw

Mars alone can tell about fighting style, but not strategic ability. Napoleon had a grand trine with Mars in Virgo, Urania:uranus: in Taurus, and Pluto in Capricorn. His downfall was a debilitated Neptune conjunct Mars, but he had great success prior to his "Waterloo".

War is strategic ability, that is what wins it. Fighting styles might win battles but the rest win wars.

Ukpoohbear

War is strategic ability, that is what wins it. Fighting styles might win battles but the rest win wars.

19th, you’re disagreeing with yourself because you’ve previously said that Plutonians have good strategic ability but low fighting skill when you say they are cowards when confronted, so there is a difference between the two.

It’s like Sun Tzu versus a warrior. The warrior would run up to him screaming ‘fuk youuuu’ and Sun Tzu would have a strategic plan.

Personally, I think they are the antithesis of each other like if someone is being manipulative, the best way to tackle it is to be direct and if someone is being confrontational, the best way to tackle it is being strategic. Or I guess you can play fire with fire but usually I like to do the antithesis thing.

The19thLaw

19th, you’re disagreeing with yourself because you’ve previously said that Plutonians have good strategic ability but low fighting skill when you say they are cowards when confronted, so there is a difference between the two.

It’s like Sun Tzu versus a warrior. The warrior would run up to him screaming ‘fuk youuuu’ and Sun Tzu would have a strategic plan.

Personally, I think they are the antithesis of each other like if someone is being manipulative, the best way to tackle it is to be direct and if someone is being confrontational, the best way to tackle it is being strategic. Or I guess you can play fire with fire but usually I like to do the antithesis thing.

I'd take Sun Tzu most of the times.

conspiracy theorist

Miyamoto Musashi was a warrior, and an undefeated one at that. His approach was far from screaming "fuk youuu"

For a successful warrior, you're going to want to have tactical and strategic prowess.

The19thLaw

Miyamoto Musashi was a warrior, and an undefeated one at that. His approach was far from screaming "fuk youuu"

For a successful warrior, you're going to want to have tactical and strategic prowess.

Absolutely true. I believe that planets that make for a good warrior in a chart are Mercury, Saturn, Venus, Moon and to a lesser degree Mars. Pluto is a toss up.

Mars is most of Miyamoto's opponents, brashly rushing in only to lose the fight. Mercury is wit and intelligence, this could explain why a Virgo and Gemini will always beat a Scorpio or overrated Aries in a war.

Not just that, I think Libra is the best because of Saturn. Saturn is holding back and strategizing while Mars is going in blind.

Ukpoohbear

I'd take Sun Tzu most of the times.

You know what, I used to know this guy obsessed with Sun Tzu and he said MY strategy was to basically scream ‘fuk you.’ And guess what, I ended up winning. You see, you can have the best plan in the world but don’t underestimate the power of rage.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

One of Miyamotos approach was to understand the mechanisms of his enemy. The head of a major fighting school wanted him dead and sent in two of their best warriors, he turned up late both times but still beat them both. The head guy was by this time seriously peed off and requested to fight him himself and waited for him, couldn’t see him and assumed he had turned up late again. But Miyamoto has actually turned up early this time and when the head guy and his cronies lost concentration and began to get restless waiting, he came out form the shadows and killed them all.

Miyamoto talked about being in the ‘zone’ a lot, which is like being so present or centred that you don’t let your anger get to you, and I think it equates to seeing reality move slower. Now THAT is what you want to aspire to, being so centred you’re unstoppable and your strategy is second nature.

But for those of us who don’t know how to do that yet, well, rage does work.