random thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, personally I think it was brave but foolish to ask questions about paedophiles because there could be victims reading this and they could find it very upsetting.

The reason paedophiles aren't given any rights or given the time of day is because of the VICTIMS. But understanding something is important, so it's good to ask questions, but you should always be wary of who is reading what you write...

As for AppLeo's *friends*, I think those who are older than him have a responsibility to GUIDE him and not stay silent when certain issues are brough up that shouldn't be...and are then dismissed as 'you win.'

Kitchy was right, there seems to be a lot of pandering going on...

Last edited:
Random thought of the day: As an Aries, with lots of Sag, I am meant to *love* Leo's but let me tell you, they are so far up themselves they behave in such a self-entitled, 'I am the centre of the universe' way, that it distracts from any good qualities that may exist. *especially the younger ones* I expect that to last right up until their 30s at this rate, it's a slower process for them I guess...it's such an ugly trait, it's hard to describe...too much ego and not enough self-awareness....it's disgusting sometimes.

Last edited:
Not so random thought of the day: given the nature of the subject you brought up AppLeo, it deserved far more awareness from you than 'you win' when somebody tried to explain to you why it was a difficult subject...if your only response to such a subject is about winning, it is an indicator to how you view the world and yourself - as if people and opinions are commodities and are not REAL to you...

Given that the people around you seem to have more self-awareness than yourself, I'm also surprised none of them would even get you to listen to them - they have the responsibility to as they are more aware.
But your response to a lot of things is dismissive and i don't think sensitive subjects should be handled that way.

Last edited:

david starling

I watch a lot of crime shows. Pedophilia is usually considered more heinous than murder, and they seldom show any pity for the men afflicted with such a terrible mental illness. They do occasionally portray men with that illness fighting the impulse and refusing to give into it. Remember, often, in real life, it's a trusted family friend, an apparently benevolent relative, like an uncle or grandfather, stepfather, father or brother, an older neighborhood youth, a priest, a daycare-center worker, etc. The crime shows usually focus on creepy, middle-aged stalkers who look the part. The victims of pedophilia are supposedly at risk of becoming one themselves, which is even more tragic. VERY upsetting topic, like rape and abortion. I suspect AppLeo would be an overprotective father who would watch his children like a hawk!

Last edited:
I watch a lot of crime shows. Pedophilia is usually considered more heinous than murder, and they seldom show any pity for the men afflicted with such a terrible mental illness. They do occasionally portray men with that illness fighting the impulse and refusing to give into it. Remember, often, in real life, it's a trusted family friend, an apparently benevolent relative, like an uncle or grandfather, stepfather, father or brother, an older neighborhood youth, a priest, a daycare-center worker, etc. The crime shows usually focus on creepy, middle-aged stalkers who look the part. The victims of pedophilia are supposedly at risk of becoming one themselves, which is even more tragic. VERY upsetting topic, like rape and abortion. I suspect AppLeo would be an overprotective father who would watch his children like a hawk!

Yes I've seen documentaries too where paedophiles are shown to be trying hard to fight the 'disease.' It's the only redeeming quality a paedophile could possibly have, is self-awareness.

No one is doubting AppLeo's ability to be a parent when his time comes, as he has a bright, inquisitive mind, but sensitivity may not be part of that, unless it's instilled as soon as possible. He has mentioned his dad shouting a lot, so I would say the dismissiveness has been passed on through learnt behaviour. But the circle has to end sometime :)

Last edited:

david starling

It really is a mental illness. And treating molestation as worse than murder only adds to the feelings of shame, and often guilt, of the victims.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I watch a lot of crime shows. Pedophilia is usually considered more heinous than murder,
and they seldom show any pity for the men afflicted with such a terrible mental illness.
They do occasionally portray men with that illness fighting the impulse and refusing to give into it.
Remember, often, in real life, it's a trusted family friend, an apparently benevolent relative, like an uncle or grandfather,
stepfather, father or brother, an older neighborhood youth, a priest, a daycare-center worker, etc.
The crime shows usually focus on creepy, middle-aged stalkers who look the part.
The victims of pedophilia are supposedly at risk of becoming one themselves, which is even more tragic.
VERY upsetting topic, like rape and abortion.
I suspect AppLeo would be an overprotective father who would watch his children like a hawk!
Certainly a sensitive topic :smile:

Pederasty or paederasty is a (usually erotic) homosexual relationship
between an adult male and a pubescent or adolescent male.
The word pederasty derives from Greek (paiderastia) "love of boys",
a compound derived from παῖς (pais) "child, boy" and ἐραστής (erastēs) "lover".
In French, however, "pédérastie" has been used as a synonym for homosexuality between adult males
(see Histoire du mot pédérastie).

Historically, pederasty has existed as a variety of customs and practices within different cultures.

The status of pederasty has changed over the course of history

at times considered an ideal and at other times a crime.
In the history of Europe, its most structured cultural manifestation was Athenian pederasty
and became most prominent in the 6th century BC.
Greek pederasty's various forms were the subject of philosophic debates
in which the purely carnal type was unfavorably compared with erotic friendships
and moderate forms, known as Sophrosyne https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty

The legal status of pederasty in most countries is determined
by whether or not the boy has reached the local age of consent
and as to whether such contact is considered abusive to the young person https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty

JUPITERASC

Emm.. Seriously?? Dangerous waters as paedophiles are trying to fight their case on this basis
but it's totally wrong for them to have sexual feelings for kids because kids NEVER have sexual feelings for adults..
It's like bestiality.. Just because some people like it doesn't make it ok..
Cultural differences especially over the centuries, are stark :smile:

Pederasty in ancient Greece was a socially acknowledged
erotic relationship between an adult male (the erastes)
and a younger male (the eromenos) usually in his teens.
It was characteristic of the Archaic and Classical periods.
The influence of pederasty on Greek culture of these periods was so pervasive
that it has been called "the principal cultural model for free relationships between citizens https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty_in_ancient_Greece

JUPITERASC

Here's another thought:

Does the Dalai Lama swear a lot

if he stubs his toe? o:

quote-afflictive-emotions-our-jealousy-anger-hatred-fear-can-be-put-to-an-end-when-you-realize-dalai-lama-55-59-02.jpg

07-12-2014-00-Dalai-Lama-Inspiring-Quotes.jpg

Cultural differences especially over the centuries, are stark :smile:

Pederasty in ancient Greece was a socially acknowledged
erotic relationship between an adult male (the erastes)
and a younger male (the eromenos) usually in his teens.
It was characteristic of the Archaic and Classical periods.
The influence of pederasty on Greek culture of these periods was so pervasive
that it has been called "the principal cultural model for free relationships between citizens https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty_in_ancient_Greece

Thankfully, we have moved on from ancient civilizations and it's acknowledged all over the world to be wrong. Moreover, given our education, if the subject is brought up, it needs to be delivered in a way that is sensitive, with the primary focus being on the impact it has (on the victims, and whoever is the viewing audience.)

It's easy to talk about history and post links to Wikipedia, but I think it's the way the subject was approached and then dismissed, that has caused the upset here.

JUPITERASC

A photo from April :smile:
shows now-Democratic Party presidential nominee Hillary Clinton being firmly held up
by a man on her right side to keep her from falling over as she addressed an overflow crowd
during a campaign stop in Los Angeles, while a man on her left side is seen urgently extending his arm
to aid in propping up Clinton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC3LPO-KiSA

Bambi95

Account Closed
Alabama probate judge Leon Archer
admitted to sending sexual texts and photos
to a woman whose wedding he presided over.
Archer made a name for himself when he refused to grant marriages to gay couples :smile:
due to his deeply held religious convictions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbrEbjvo6H8

So much for deeply held beliefs. xD

Reminds me of my father who tried to kill my elder sister for being gay - cause it goes against gods will. Yet he cheated on my mother 4 times while married.

Hypocrites~

Laineydreamer21

Thankfully, we have moved on from ancient civilizations and it's acknowledged all over the world to be wrong. Moreover, given our education, if the subject is brought up, it needs to be delivered in a way that is sensitive, with the primary focus being on the impact it has (on the victims, and whoever is the viewing audience.)

It's easy to talk about history and post links to Wikipedia, but I think it's the way the subject was approached and then dismissed, that has caused the upset here.

Thank you, just thank you, for saying something.

Laineydreamer21

Judging by what appleo said on this and even said he may not want kids, what makes you say he would be over protective, watching his kids like a hawk from predators, with his sympathetic and unrealistic viewpoint towards paedophiles?

AppLeo

So much for deeply held beliefs. xD

Reminds me of my father who tried to kill my elder sister for being gay - cause it goes against gods will. Yet he cheated on my mother 4 times while married.

Hypocrites~

LOL your dad makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.