Favorite genre of music, movies, and books?

graay ghost

Taurus ASC, Cancer Sun, Capricorn moon.

I like science fiction (particularly cyberpunk and its precursors), and some fantasy (liked Temeraire series and am currently getting through Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrel. But I'm very picky.) Also mysteries, historical, and true crime.

For music I like electronic, ambient, folk, and alternative.

I have a hard time getting into movies. They seem to take too long.

I don't think what I like is immediately evident from my chart.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

For fiction I normally focus on real life scenarios, not on fantasy or the supernatural. Poetry is much the same. People's true hardships and raw emotions are what interest me most. The books I've written are about addiction, abuse, and loss. I also like words, the English language as a whole. Everything can be written in such a way that it is art and that is definitely my favorite thing to read and write.

Interesting. Is there somewhere I can read some of your work?

Abby83

What is your favorite genre: romance, comedy, action, horror, etc.? Do you believe this personal preference is in relation to your natal chart? Which aspects?

I love comedies and horror movies, but creative ones like Nightmare on Elm Street where u are lefty fascinated by the ideas. Kid's fantasy movies like Peter Pan and Neverending Story or ghost busters. Dance, pop, rnb. I hate action because I need a calming effect. I like things that uplift my soul so that means drama is out of the question. Some love stories are ok if they are uplifting and realistic.

I'm told this is because I have a strong Jupiter in my chart. My 5th house cusp is pisces (creative and imaginative and fantasy based) and it's ruler is sextiles my asc ruler in libra 12th house (again, big imagination with peaceful and happy themes). Harry potter and Frodo bore me to death because there is too much dialogue and it's too slow. I'm guessing the horror stories come under the 12th house and cos asc is scorpio.
I think the 12th house rules movies doesn't it? My 12th house ruler receives mars, Saturn, Jupiter and Uranus.

I've been thinking about writing children's books - 3rd ruler in 12th house conjunct me, pluto.

Last edited:

Abby83

I am a Scorpio Sun, Virgo Moon, Pisces Rising.

My favorite genre for books is horror, fantasy, erotic, and mystery. I love scary fiction, especially short stories. I also love fairy tales.
For movies I love horror, especially supernatural horror, mysteries, and also a lot of fantasy and family/children's movies.
I am all over the place on music. I really like cute music like 60s girl groups and shibuya kei, and a lot of 'goth' rock type stuff, and doowop, and country and bluegrass, and 80s electro, and these lady jazz singers... im not sure what that genre even is... some classical, and just a lot of this and that. I am really bad at answering 'what is your favorite music?' because I am just not really sure! I just like music? :tongue:

You just reminded me of 'The Creep Show' and 'Amazing Stories.' Those were the days :).

Abby83

What do you mean by "structure"?

Oddly enough, I have a Sagittarius Moon... and yet I am a deeply emotional person.

My Sagittarius Moon is the one placement that I do not relate to very well, but I suppose that's off topic. I would like to explore that deeper sometime.

Isn't your moon in your 1st house?

Abby83

Thanks but you're alright, I accidentally flicked onto "the exorcism of Emily rose for about 30 seconds years ago and had nightmares for months �� overactive imagination.. Dreams were never fun for me growing up. It's better if I don't give my imagination fuel �� can't even handle an episode of walking dead... ��

There were two films that gave me nightmares. One was Aracknaphobia (I couldn't go to the toilet for a long time :() and dot and the kangaroo cos when we went camping by the lake ppl said bunyips really existed and the one in that movie scared the **** out of me!!