Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Medical Astrology

Medical Astrology Astrological diagnoses and other health issues are discussed here. Given that there are so many outer and inner influences on one's health (alimentation, sports, medication, past medical antecedents, state of mind, etc.), an astrological diagnosis is only one of many things to consider when determining your healthiness.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 11-23-2014, 06:42 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,997
Weight problems

Hi, Ive been experiencing weight problems since giving birth to my twins 1 yr ago - November 2013. My health gets in the way of me doing the exercises that would normally keep me slim. I do lots with my three kids. Lots of walking that is. Running around them. The weight is still pouring on by the minute. Recently my son jumped on me and now I have strained ribs. Not getting better. Now im not allowed to exercise and one week of not exercising ive put on 3kg, despite sticking to a diabetic controlled diet. Is there anything anyone can see in my chart that can give advice on how I should go about weight loss when I have three kids to look after as well as a reoccurring reinjuring body... Ive added transits also.

I can see I have T Neptune in pisces opposition natal mars. Uranus 6th house approaching opposition sun, and pluto approaching square to sun. I thought T Saturn transiting 1st house would be good for weight loss... Yet I seem to just grow and grow. Whenever I see tense aspects I look to the mid point. In the case of the Neptune opposition, I thought that doing Sagittarian activities would help - it's not. Swimming did work (neptunian) but im not allowewd to cos of my knee injury. So I thought lumphatic massage?? - neptunian and Piscean... what do you think.

Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2gw_01_abby83_36702_59862.jpg (79.7 KB, 28 views)


Last edited by Abby83; 11-23-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 11-23-2014, 06:50 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,325
Re: Weight problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post

Hi, Ive been experiencing weight problems since giving birth to my twins 1 yr ago - November 2013. My health gets in the way of me doing the exercises that would normally keep me slim. I do lots with my three kids. Lots of walking that is. Running around them. The weight is still pouring on by the minute. Recently my son jumped on me and now I have strained ribs. Not getting better. Now im not allowed to exercise and one week of not exercising ive put on 3kg, despite sticking to a diabetic controlled diet. Is there anything anyone can see in my chart that can give advice on how I should go about weight loss when I have three kids to look after as well as a reoccurring reinjuring body... Ive added transits also.

Cheers.
Consider the gentle art of Tai Chi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNWPk6tYoUM it is good exercise as well
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 11-23-2014, 09:03 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,276
Re: Weight problems

Moon-Jupiter in Sagittarius in the first house (your body) square Venus can indicate a tendency to gain weight. The moon rules your stomach; Venus, life's pleasures; Jupiter and Sagittarius, the principle of expansion.

Your ally here should be that Mars sextile Saturn. Mars rules athletic activities; and Saturn, self-discipline. Are you working with a physical therapist? S/he can recommend safe exercises for you to do at home.

Oh, and see if you can shift more of your diet to fresh salads and less on calorie-dense foods.

How wonderful to have three adorable children, Mama.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (10-21-2017)
  #4  
Unread 11-23-2014, 09:52 PM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,997
Re: Weight problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Moon-Jupiter in Sagittarius in the first house (your body) square Venus can indicate a tendency to gain weight. The moon rules your stomach; Venus, life's pleasures; Jupiter and Sagittarius, the principle of expansion.

Your ally here should be that Mars sextile Saturn. Mars rules athletic activities; and Saturn, self-discipline. Are you working with a physical therapist? S/he can recommend safe exercises for you to do at home.

Oh, and see if you can shift more of your diet to fresh salads and less on calorie-dense foods.

How wonderful to have three adorable children, Mama.
Yes!!!!! Thank you Waybread for reminding me that. The moon Jupiter and venus natally is true. I have been told many times that my mars sextile Saturn was a way out, as I am disciplined in the area of exercise, but atm (and I presume with transits), any, and I mean ANY form of exercise I try there seems to be an injury right around the corner to put me out. And I mean unexpected events even when being careful. Exercise is the only thing that controls my appetite so if I cant exercise, I get fat, simple as that!
Saturn will soon be transitting my first house Jupiter moon squaring my natal venus and mars. I presume that will be worse for weight gain?? In other words, I cant really see a way out here.

With moon Jupiter square venus, I struggle a lot with the family shoving food in my house and on the table. I see food, stomach expands, and I eat. if I don't I feel seriously deprived unless it's not there. I wish they didn't dump the food they don't want here, but my husband allows it.

And oh yes, I absolutely love these three kids!! Dream come true.

Last edited by Abby83; 11-23-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 11-23-2014, 10:18 PM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,997
Re: Weight problems

Oh and I blame pluto in Capricorn quite a bit. Capricorn being the sign of family for libras. Ever since pluto entered this area I have experienced the weight and diet probs. We have loads of family gatherings with smorgasboards of food (my weakness of course). My husbands family eat lots of high saturated fatty food and are naturally slim, and I feel uncomfortable having one plate of food or sald when we sit there doing nothing for 3 to 5 hours. They pressure me a lot to eat more and more and im sick of it. We just eat eat eat and I cant seem to get out of the events. Outside of this, I eat very well.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 11-24-2014, 12:45 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,276
Re: Weight problems

Abby, just as Jupiter tends to expand the areas of life it touches, Saturn tends to constrict them. So Saturn in the first can be positive for weight loss. Of course, it won't do it without attention to Saturnian self-discipline.

Again, I hope you are working with a physiotherapist. There should be some type of exercise that you can do with a knee (or other) injury.) Some upper-body exercises can be done while sitting; sit-ups (crunches) can be done from a lying-down position, &c.

One big correction, however, is that Capricorn has nothing to do with your 4th house simply because your sun is in Libra. This sounds like the pop magazine sun-sign astrology that automatically placed everyone's sun sign in the first house, but it is liable to be woefully inaccurate.... unless your Libra sun happens to be in the first house.

Your 4th house is ruled by Uranus (modern,) and Saturn (traditional,) with Aquarius on the 4th house cusp. Capricorn is on the cusp of your third house, which rules your siblings; but again-- Saturn tends to constrict what it touches.

I guess at some point you will have to figure out a way to politely but firmly let your relatives know when you've had enough to eat-- preferably before the holidays!
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (11-24-2014)
  #7  
Unread 11-24-2014, 02:17 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,997
Re: Weight problems

Haha... With this family every weekend is a feast! Will try to find ways to keep me occupied. I really do hope that the T Saturn conjunct Jupiter with the square to venus will help. I also hope that when T Jupiter conjuncts mars later next year that it also helps at least a bit.

As for seeing someone like a physio, I have, not much help and everytime I leave the house I need to arrange for someone to look after kids... so lots of organising, rescheduling and time management.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 11-24-2014, 07:31 PM
Frisiangal Frisiangal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dairyland
Posts: 1,962
Re: Weight problems

Hi Abby,
Have you always been diabetic, or did it develop when in your 20's?
I ask because approx. 7-8 years back, direct secondary progressed Venus caught up with sec. prog. Mars on 13/14 Virgo, where they squared natal Moon, enforcing and completing the natal squares in the Sagittarius stellium.
Natal Moon is semi-square Pluto, so the progressed conjunction also activated natal Pluto in Libra.
Mars and Pluto are rulers of the Ascendant. Mars also rules 6th house of physical disorders.
You can work out the house rulerships for yourself to discover if a very important event occured at the time that coincided with them and had consequences that changed the course of life's direction (progression).

There are a number of associative aspects that could point to a diabetic disorder. Following a controlled diet is o.k., but to keep weight in balance or down it is also necessary to have a good intestinal (Virgo and Scorpio) and renal(Libra) system that gets rid of all waste that builds up in the body. Do you have a good ' drainage and disposal system', or is there an inclination to hold on to fluid and matter; also equivalent to holding onto feelings and 'circumstances' best discarded. If the latter, there are pills and potions that can help in releasing the physical waste, yet it is up to you to release any psychological waste as well. To find a balance with yourself that will relieve the natal Sun semi-square Venus.

Why IS Venus always found in cases of diabetes? Venus =glucose = sweetness. If that is insufficient, lacking, or held in within one's life, a surrogate can be found to fill the needs of a Moon-Pluto aspect.

I can imagine that 3 kiddies may leave little time for the sensual physical pleasures and desires that Venus rules. Yet you might find that finding your sensual side (again) could work wonders for the figure.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frisiangal For This Useful Post:
waybread (11-24-2014)
  #9  
Unread 11-25-2014, 04:13 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,997
Re: Weight problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisiangal View Post
Hi Abby,
Have you always been diabetic, or did it develop when in your 20's?
I ask because approx. 7-8 years back, direct secondary progressed Venus caught up with sec. prog. Mars on 13/14 Virgo, where they squared natal Moon, enforcing and completing the natal squares in the Sagittarius stellium.
Natal Moon is semi-square Pluto, so the progressed conjunction also activated natal Pluto in Libra.
Mars and Pluto are rulers of the Ascendant. Mars also rules 6th house of physical disorders.
You can work out the house rulerships for yourself to discover if a very important event occured at the time that coincided with them and had consequences that changed the course of life's direction (progression).

There are a number of associative aspects that could point to a diabetic disorder. Following a controlled diet is o.k., but to keep weight in balance or down it is also necessary to have a good intestinal (Virgo and Scorpio) and renal(Libra) system that gets rid of all waste that builds up in the body. Do you have a good ' drainage and disposal system', or is there an inclination to hold on to fluid and matter; also equivalent to holding onto feelings and 'circumstances' best discarded. If the latter, there are pills and potions that can help in releasing the physical waste, yet it is up to you to release any psychological waste as well. To find a balance with yourself that will relieve the natal Sun semi-square Venus.

Why IS Venus always found in cases of diabetes? Venus =glucose = sweetness. If that is insufficient, lacking, or held in within one's life, a surrogate can be found to fill the needs of a Moon-Pluto aspect.

I can imagine that 3 kiddies may leave little time for the sensual physical pleasures and desires that Venus rules. Yet you might find that finding your sensual side (again) could work wonders for the figure.
Aww thanks for that lovely message. I almost got a tear from your understanding...

I got gestational diabetes in 2012 and have been monitoring myself ever since. Im much better with that... I do have problems with peer and family pressure with eating though - we always have an occasion to celebrate and unfortunately, at least the people im surrounded by (id say most of the population here) are overeaters and overweight. The skinny ones are the ones preparing the food and not eating it! Ha! Anyway.... But yeah the food troubles started when I met my husbands family 2008. My immediate family eat well and I never had problems before 2008 to this extreme. My form of 'elimination' has always been through exercise, so now that I have so many injuries I feel that area is restricted and im inflating. I was a personal trainer when I met my husband 2006. Very fit, ate well. Now, it's difficult to sit at a bbq for 5 hours and stare at food. Even if I do eat, we just sit. sit eat sit eat sit eat. My brother in law lives next door and dumps all of his chocolates and icecream at our house, sister in law lives on the other side and does the same. To avoid the food troubles, id prefer to be around ppl like me who like to be active and eat well, but im having a hard time finding them. Say even if I do go for a walk with a friend it always ends up with the others wanting an ice-cream, hot choc etc. and if I refuse I get labelled the health freak no one wants to be around.

So last time I checked progressed mars should be squaring natal Neptune. So any advice on when this will all be better? Because atm it looks as though im stuck with these family situations where I feel like im dying into the ground.

Oh and I have had fluid build up since then too... and getting worse with the in-laws stress. That's why I wanted to get lymphatic drainage. I do see these problems as issues with my in-laws. No freedom of movement to express or be myself. They are everything I am not (200 family members to be exact), with my mother in law cleverly finding ways to influence my husband so that they get their way and my needs are not important. The problems started since I met them and started with simple things such as the cooking of the mother in law. I stopped eating there and then other things popped up. Everything they do is an inconvenience to me despite the fact that I had a firm discussion with them before getting married where they promised me how things would be, and they now say they've forgotten the conversation existed! So lots of stress and expectations from husband and his family re traditions and zero considerations for my needs, feelings, health, desire, pretty much me in general and what I stand for.

In the meantime ive just decided to go for as many walks as possible with the kids.

Last edited by Abby83; 11-25-2014 at 04:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 11-25-2014, 05:01 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,997
Re: Weight problems

Im a bit confused.. so this difficult aspect to venus causes diabetes because of lack of physical sensual pleasure? But I thought a difficult venus aspect would be good for stopping overindulgence.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 11-26-2014, 06:37 PM
Virinchi's Avatar
Virinchi Virinchi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Out of this milky way
Posts: 1,522
Re: Weight problems

Your weight gain is temporary effect and it keeps coming back at you at regular intervals for another 8 years.
Frequent injuries and other health issues need to be taken care for another 3 years.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Virinchi For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (11-27-2014)
  #12  
Unread 11-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Frisiangal Frisiangal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dairyland
Posts: 1,962
Re: Weight problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
Im a bit confused.. so this difficult aspect to venus causes diabetes because of lack of physical sensual pleasure? But I thought a difficult venus aspect would be good for stopping overindulgence.
Hi again Abby,
The reply I was writing this morning got lost in the ether before completion. When such happens I always think 'probably for a reason', so I shall rephrase this time and be less astrologically technical.

Paraphrasing what one of my teachers once said in using another planet and condition as an example; Venus does not cause diabetes, but where there is diabetes you will find Venus.
Venus represents all that gives pleasure, including love and affection. It is especially important in your chart because of the Libra influence, which balances the glucose content. It is in Virgo, ruler of the digestive system but also the pancreas that controls the production of insulin that controls easy absorption of glucose.

You are quite right in saying that a harsh aspect to Venus can stop overindulgence, yet it depends upon how and whether each planet in the aspect is working as it should. As Waybread has already pointed out, Sagittarius-Jupiter have a reputation for expansion. On the other hand, Virgo is THE sign of meagreness and sufficiency only. Enough is enough and no more. So when Virgo is being a bit miserly through the planets in it, Sagittarius can 'add a bit more' to increase pleasure value. Similarly when Sagittarius is in danger of working towards over-indulgence of any kind, Virgo can attempt to curb it by cutting down the portions. That way the pleasure (Venus) and happiness (Jupiter) one undergoes in life can help each other out, especially where Moon's need for the 'food of love' is concerned.

Venus does not necessarily create a physical complaint unless there is a connection with the 1st and 6th houses, both associated with the physical body. The 9th house can bring up health patterns. In your chart, there is a heavy inherent emphasis on the 1st house planets with Venus that includes the ruler of 9th house, as well as a close conjunction between the ruler of the 6th house and Venus, also ruler Ascendant in youth.

Physical disorders do not arise overnight and can take days to years for the physical symptoms of the complaint to surface. Looking at aspects made by solar arc directions and secondary progressions (I don't have the possibility to check primary directions) can provide so much information as to WHY and WHEN a predisposition to a physical disorder can develop into one!

It can be hard if a predisposition towards a physical disorder is hereditary, of which diabetes is considered to be one. Venus as ruler 12th house (ancestral influence) makes aspects to the rulers of both the 4th house and 10th houses.....a sort of vicious circle that has yet to be broken.

With your knowledge of astrological symbolism and reasoning, you should be able to work out the reasons for your weight increase that may be other than hormonal issues following childbirth , or are other than purely cultural of nature. What you wrote seems to be a verification of the conflict shown in the chart. Still giving in too much to the Moon (others) through a Libra Sun in 12th that tends to forget any importance towards Self in lieu of others. Yet Libra, as the sign of equilibrium should not allow situations that are 90%-10% in the favour of others to take precedence against a 50-50 give and take balance through which it works best.

Finding some adrenalin (energy) to be firm and take action to counteract temporary weakness ( tr. Neptune opp. Mars), take back control into/of yourself (tr. Neptune trine Saturn), and stand up for your own beliefs ( square Sagittarius) could lead to positive change if you are prepared to open rather than close your eyes to what is occuring to, and around you. Transit Uranus in 6th trine natal Moon could then promise a change in physical discomfort as well.

Good luck.

Last edited by Frisiangal; 11-26-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frisiangal For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (11-27-2014)
  #13  
Unread 11-27-2014, 05:11 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,997
Re: Weight problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virinchi View Post
Your weight gain is temporary effect and it keeps coming back at you at regular intervals for another 8 years.
Frequent injuries and other health issues need to be taken care for another 3 years.
Thank you Virinchi for that. Can you please tell me if you found this with the Uranus and pluto transit??
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 11-27-2014, 05:48 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,997
Re: Weight problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisiangal View Post
Hi again Abby,
The reply I was writing this morning got lost in the ether before completion. When such happens I always think 'probably for a reason', so I shall rephrase this time and be less astrologically technical.

Paraphrasing what one of my teachers once said in using another planet and condition as an example; Venus does not cause diabetes, but where there is diabetes you will find Venus.
Venus represents all that gives pleasure, including love and affection. It is especially important in your chart because of the Libra influence, which balances the glucose content. It is in Virgo, ruler of the digestive system but also the pancreas that controls the production of insulin that controls easy absorption of glucose.

You are quite right in saying that a harsh aspect to Venus can stop overindulgence, yet it depends upon how and whether each planet in the aspect is working as it should. As Waybread has already pointed out, Sagittarius-Jupiter have a reputation for expansion. On the other hand, Virgo is THE sign of meagreness and sufficiency only. Enough is enough and no more. So when Virgo is being a bit miserly through the planets in it, Sagittarius can 'add a bit more' to increase pleasure value. Similarly when Sagittarius is in danger of working towards over-indulgence of any kind, Virgo can attempt to curb it by cutting down the portions. That way the pleasure (Venus) and happiness (Jupiter) one undergoes in life can help each other out, especially where Moon's need for the 'food of love' is concerned.

Venus does not necessarily create a physical complaint unless there is a connection with the 1st and 6th houses, both associated with the physical body. The 9th house can bring up health patterns. In your chart, there is a heavy inherent emphasis on the 1st house planets with Venus that includes the ruler of 9th house, as well as a close conjunction between the ruler of the 6th house and Venus, also ruler Ascendant in youth.

Physical disorders do not arise overnight and can take days to years for the physical symptoms of the complaint to surface. Looking at aspects made by solar arc directions and secondary progressions (I don't have the possibility to check primary directions) can provide so much information as to WHY and WHEN a predisposition to a physical disorder can develop into one!

It can be hard if a predisposition towards a physical disorder is hereditary, of which diabetes is considered to be one. Venus as ruler 12th house (ancestral influence) makes aspects to the rulers of both the 4th house and 10th houses.....a sort of vicious circle that has yet to be broken.

With your knowledge of astrological symbolism and reasoning, you should be able to work out the reasons for your weight increase that may be other than hormonal issues following childbirth , or are other than purely cultural of nature. What you wrote seems to be a verification of the conflict shown in the chart. Still giving in too much to the Moon (others) through a Libra Sun in 12th that tends to forget any importance towards Self in lieu of others. Yet Libra, as the sign of equilibrium should not allow situations that are 90%-10% in the favour of others to take precedence against a 50-50 give and take balance through which it works best.

Finding some adrenalin (energy) to be firm and take action to counteract temporary weakness ( tr. Neptune opp. Mars), take back control into/of yourself (tr. Neptune trine Saturn), and stand up for your own beliefs ( square Sagittarius) could lead to positive change if you are prepared to open rather than close your eyes to what is occuring to, and around you. Transit Uranus in 6th trine natal Moon could then promise a change in physical discomfort as well.

Good luck.
This is a very accurate description of me. The info is correct. I like your details regarding venus and glucose. It is true I am giving in to the weakness of my moon and sun and not taking on the strength of my venus and mars. Although I have given up many times because whenever I stand up for myself I am outnumbered by people who disagree with me and change the course of direction based on unanimous decision, always against my will, and my husband will overrule decisions. So I do have my disciplined beliefs which they all make fun of, simply because theyre different, but ill work harder to still stay true to myself regardless of being the odd one out. Im trying. It's hard when everyday someone says something is wrong with you because 'apparently' you don't eat much. Im starting to accept our differences... And yes I am opening my eyes to the fact that other people were lying re food and their diets and their opinions of me etc.
So I need to bring in more libra balance? Maybe ive got too many goals going on and I should drop one?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 11-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Frisiangal Frisiangal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dairyland
Posts: 1,962
Re: Weight problems

Quote:
i'll work harder to still stay true to myself regardless of being the odd one out. Im trying. It's hard when everyday someone says something is wrong with you because 'apparently' you don't eat much. Im starting to accept our differences...

One last comment that, by the strangest coincidence, was what I was writing yesterday when the text etherised! Yet, as you have now brought it up yourself............

I study and work with two calculated points in the chart that go by the names of MEAN and TRUE Black Moon Lilith. They are not physical objects but represent a calculated point between Earth and the Moon's Apogee.
They could be likened to feelings that are the furthest (apogee) from physical manifestative expression (Earth).

MEAN BML is given as in astro. com charts and would seem to appear most significant from birth to puberty, after which it can go into hiding. Later in life TRUE BML takes over. 's position represents a natural inherent trait that can have difficulty finding outer expression because it does not adhere or conform to the action, substance, thought, or feeling, according to sign and house position, of what are considered the governing civilised societal norms. Most people do what is expected of them (Moon) to feel and be accepted, whereby their trait remains dormant inside as a self-denied nagging feeling of cravings, yearnings and longings to feel admitted and 'to belong' as a part of one's true 'being'.
IF does express itself, it's often in 'disconnecting' from that through which it feels most uncomfortable.

MEAN BML in your chart is on 23*; Aquarius being THE sign that is most comfortable in emotionally detaching itself from the effect that feelings can have upon a person. Aquarius works through the power of independent thought, so it is quite natural for a to feel differently about things that, through the eyes of others, appear to be wrong and odd. It can be hard denying a natural part of Self seeking expression in order to feel accepted. One can then feel ENchained by those 4th house customs from which one feels the need to be liberated.
Allowing a maximum orb of 6 degrees for BML contacts, there is not only a trine aspect between both Sun and Pluto to MEAN BML. MEAN BML is also exact their midpoint! It also sextiles Neptune! Power enough to encourage change.

Quote:
Im starting to accept our differences...
To your advantage?
Since March this year MEAN BML has been transiting Leo. You may have felt a strong sense of either losing or finding your own identity. There may even have been moments that you looked upon yourself (square Ascendant) and didn't like or even felt a sense of disgust towards what you saw. There's very much a sense of 'existing in my own right' when BML is in Leo.

End December, around the festive season, transiting BML will make the conjunction with natal Venus. The natal configurations will be opened in a number of ways. You may find that what you considered impossible in and about yourself becomes possible, in more ways than one.
Keep those eyes opened.

All the best to you.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 11-28-2014, 05:02 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,997
Re: Weight problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisiangal View Post
One last comment that, by the strangest coincidence, was what I was writing yesterday when the text etherised! Yet, as you have now brought it up yourself............

I study and work with two calculated points in the chart that go by the names of MEAN and TRUE Black Moon Lilith. They are not physical objects but represent a calculated point between Earth and the Moon's Apogee.
They could be likened to feelings that are the furthest (apogee) from physical manifestative expression (Earth).

MEAN BML is given as in astro. com charts and would seem to appear most significant from birth to puberty, after which it can go into hiding. Later in life TRUE BML takes over. 's position represents a natural inherent trait that can have difficulty finding outer expression because it does not adhere or conform to the action, substance, thought, or feeling, according to sign and house position, of what are considered the governing civilised societal norms. Most people do what is expected of them (Moon) to feel and be accepted, whereby their trait remains dormant inside as a self-denied nagging feeling of cravings, yearnings and longings to feel admitted and 'to belong' as a part of one's true 'being'.
IF does express itself, it's often in 'disconnecting' from that through which it feels most uncomfortable.

MEAN BML in your chart is on 23*; Aquarius being THE sign that is most comfortable in emotionally detaching itself from the effect that feelings can have upon a person. Aquarius works through the power of independent thought, so it is quite natural for a to feel differently about things that, through the eyes of others, appear to be wrong and odd. It can be hard denying a natural part of Self seeking expression in order to feel accepted. One can then feel ENchained by those 4th house customs from which one feels the need to be liberated.
Allowing a maximum orb of 6 degrees for BML contacts, there is not only a trine aspect between both Sun and Pluto to MEAN BML. MEAN BML is also exact their midpoint! It also sextiles Neptune! Power enough to encourage change.



To your advantage?
Since March this year MEAN BML has been transiting Leo. You may have felt a strong sense of either losing or finding your own identity. There may even have been moments that you looked upon yourself (square Ascendant) and didn't like or even felt a sense of disgust towards what you saw. There's very much a sense of 'existing in my own right' when BML is in Leo.

End December, around the festive season, transiting BML will make the conjunction with natal Venus. The natal configurations will be opened in a number of ways. You may find that what you considered impossible in and about yourself becomes possible, in more ways than one.
Keep those eyes opened.

All the best to you.

You're so sweet.

Wow. Lately I've been feeling so hopeless thinking there's no way out, but you have so much faith in me it makes me so happy. In fact everyone who has replied, thank you very much. I seem to be good at helping others but when it comes to my life and my chart, I seem to have foggy glasses, always asking others for their opinions so I can make mine.... silly thing really.

Ok..... so ill just let you know im currently working on my north node Gemini, which exactly trines my sun, so im working on my communication skills and have been told before that I need to learn how to detach from my emotions... but I don't know how.
Atm im studying psychology, wanting to work with families, I thought that would help. What do you think. I know you said that Lilith in aquarius can detach but I have not learnt how to do this yet. Do you know where I can learn?

Oh and im definitely looking forward to December

Last edited by Abby83; 11-28-2014 at 05:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 11-28-2014, 11:10 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,997
Re: Weight problems

I will add that the food pressure problem is with friends and work colleagues also, not just family. But I put that more to my venus in 11th house.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 11-29-2014, 10:24 AM
Frisiangal Frisiangal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dairyland
Posts: 1,962
Re: Weight problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
Ok..... so ill just let you know im currently working on my north node Gemini, which exactly trines my sun so im working on my communication skills and have been told before that I need to learn how to detach from my emotions... but I don't know how.
Atm im studying psychology, wanting to work with families, I thought that would help. What do you think.
That may be so, yet it also sextiles the Moon conjunct S.N.! It could be so automatic and easy to follow others' opinions and views of life () than developing one's own.

Maybe the reason that a Sun in Libra is able to mentally relate to all sides of a situation before making any personal decision that befits its Self.
Listening to others views doesn't necessarily mean it has to take them, or vice versa. The right to have and express one's own opinion is what individuality means.

It's a personal view....that you can take or leave.... that, astrologically, it's after the 1st Saturn return that an individual can realise the energy to develop the ability to stand on its own two feet. Transiting Saturn through the 12th house can coincide with a period of introspection and/or fear of change, yet one way and another old patterns can die a natural death because they are no longer valid in the unfolding future. Transit Saturn has crossed the Ascendant. It doesn't necessarily have to still carry any old garbage with it. Scorpio especially has the power to rot and eliminate, yet, at the same time, transform into the manure and compost through past experience that allows for growth in the future. When Saturn enters and works through Sagittarius, an individual can be faced with the 'lasting' effect of others upon it, or it can establish its own personal views and perspectives to live by, yet still respecting those of others.
For Libra it's all a matter of choice.

Quote:
I know you said that Lilith in aquarius can detach but I have not learnt how to do this yet. Do you know where I can learn?
I don't believe that it's possible to rationally learn what the Liliths mean in a chart, but rather to inwardly experience their effects that bring about the inner change. There will hopefully come a time when inwardly feels that those emotional chains that ties it to a particular view of Self will 'miraculously' break to open it to a 'I don't care what others say' etc., attitude that enables the person to independently choose its own individual path.
Its eventual detachment could be an asset in 'reading' the minds of others through alternate channels of thought.

Quote:
you have so much faith in me
It's finding and developing the faith in yourself that is the most important.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 11-30-2014, 11:13 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,997
Re: Weight problems

Well thank you for all of your insight. There have definitely been more responses than I expected. More answers of a genuinely high standard level. Frisiangel your words are music to my ears. I've learnt a lot and have a lot to think about for myself. A real mind opener. Am feeling more confident already. Thank you very much. .
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 12-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
Well thank you for all of your insight. There have definitely been more responses than I expected. More answers of a genuinely high standard level. Frisiangel your words are music to my ears. I've learnt a lot and have a lot to think about for myself. A real mind opener. Am feeling more confident already. Thank you very much. .
Excersize and small meals.. minimized processed foods and sauces. Eat simply... i just started doing this results seen in 1 week.
dinner example: chickpeas 3 tbs, squash, walnuts, spinach and a small pecie of tofu or meat. About You can sautee one thinkwith half a tbs of olive oil and garlic salt, chilli flakes.. and a fruit.. lots of water... plus work outs..how i used to eat when i was thin..

Last edited by Love2Know; 12-01-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Love2Know For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (12-02-2014)
  #21  
Unread 12-02-2014, 02:31 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,997
Re: Weight problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
Excersize and small meals.. minimized processed foods and sauces. Eat simply... i just started doing this results seen in 1 week.
dinner example: chickpeas 3 tbs, squash, walnuts, spinach and a small pecie of tofu or meat. About You can sautee one thinkwith half a tbs of olive oil and garlic salt, chilli flakes.. and a fruit.. lots of water... plus work outs..how i used to eat when i was thin..
Thanks for that love2know. Am happy to be coming across others who are in the same boat. It's motivating.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 12-02-2014, 02:39 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,997
Re: Weight problems

You know what's funny. For some bizarre reason ive been comparing myself to my husbands family who eat a high saturated fat diet and are bony... some anorexic. So I started and continued to test myself by eating their foods and thinking that my body would adapt --- It didn't! So now that ive come to that conclusion that over 7 years of eating a high fat diet with them, my health is getting worse, and I am definitely not adapting. So ive decided to stick to my own low calorie diet no matter what others say because I now know that my body cant change despite what I thought. I am very surprised though that my husbands' family can eat these foods and not put on weight. They are definitely a rare breed for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 12-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
You know what's funny. For some bizarre reason ive been comparing myself to my husbands family who eat a high saturated fat diet and are bony... some anorexic. So I started and continued to test myself by eating their foods and thinking that my body would adapt --- It didn't! So now that ive come to that conclusion that over 7 years of eating a high fat diet with them, my health is getting worse, and I am definitely not adapting. So ive decided to stick to my own low calorie diet no matter what others say because I now know that my body cant change despite what I thought. I am very surprised though that my husbands' family can eat these foods and not put on weight. They are definitely a rare breed for sure.
My husband is the same way lol! Buttheads... anyways its what works for you without killing yourself. Consistency matters... also I read that do not reward ylurself with food, such as thinking you can have that chocolate cake because you were good all week, instead go get a mani/ pedi or massage. There are some books I was about to rder it is suppose to help change your perspective on food mentally; "it starts with food, skinny ***** diet..." I know a model looking girl swears by that but really you can do it by watching your food eat simple and movin and groovin. Many of us out there. Quote "everyday i struggle between wanting to look good naked and treat yourself" #thestruggleisreal
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 12-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Zarathu Zarathu is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,501
Re: Weight problems

You can look at the astrology of weight gain and learn a lot of insight on how hard it is for certain people.

But the bottom line in my experience is that everyone who gains weight doesn't keep a calorie diary. Everyone that I have ever run into has simply no idea how many calories they consume a day.

The strategy for losing weight is simple. You simply have to consume less calories than you expend in everyday living.

Online, there are multiple descriptions of the appropriate number of calories you have to consume per day to lose weight for particular ages and body types. You have to stay on these guidelines EVERY DAY. If your magic number is 1400, then you must make sure that you don't exceed 1500, nor fall below 1300 per day. Exercise will help, but in the long run its simply the calories.

Low Carb diets will make it easier to make the numbers since they tend to reduce appetite.

You also need to drink enough fluid. The fluid cannot be anything that has caffiene in it. Water or herbal teas are recommended, and everyone should consume at least 48 ounces of it per day.

Consume the water, make your calorie number, and walk for 15 - 30 minutes everyday. Unless you have some weird medical condition, you will lose weight.

Again.... 95% of people who complain about weight gain simply have no idea the exact number of calories that they are consuming each and every day. You must keep a written tally every time you eat anything, so at the end of the day, between your last meal and bed time, you can add more if you are too far down.

Last edited by Zarathu; 12-03-2014 at 04:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 12-03-2014, 04:19 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,997
Re: Weight problems

[QUOTE= anyways its what works for you without killing yourself [/QUOTE]

Bahaha, that's so funny. I think I would probably die from EATING before I could ever become anorexic lol. Thanks for the post. Very true.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
problems, weight

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.