Linux and astrology

sam

I've always been fascinated by GNU Linux and the huge amount of collaborators who contribute to it. I was researching its history and decided to pull up its natal chart.

achartmbwfileytcniou1120777276.gif

For the time, I used this post. The post, I think, is the beginning of Linux as it is the moment its creator is reaching out to others and beginning Linux as a community project. Also, it would be difficult in ascertaining the correct date and time at which it was actually started to be worked on.

First thing that strikes me is the oppositions to the Moon on the Virgo/Pisces axis. This indicates a central backbone of hard work (Virgo) with the largely "Piscean" (for lack of a better term) Linux community. The community works as a team, but for the most part they work alone, contributing to the project remotely. Here, we see Piscean Moon undertones in the nature of the "family"ness of the community and its userbase.

Using Placidus, we see Pluto in its own domicile in the eleventh. Since Linux is a group effort (11th house), this makes a huge amount of sense. Pluto indicates a large, often unseen, and devoted community which truly believes in what it does.

Sagittarius rises with Jupiter in Leo -- no surprise here. Mercury is in Leo as well, conjunct Jupiter. If you've ever taken a look at the IRC chats of the community, they're lighthearted, fun-loving people. This is again shown in the Leo stellium, but because the Sun is in Virgo, the Leonian energy is muted and focused more on the intellect and order, which is certainly needed in programming.

There is an abundance of earth and fire signs, most notably Capricorn. Being cardinal and earth, Capricorn starts things in the physical, tangible sense. Creating a complete, modern operating system is no easy task -- leave it to Cappy. :lol:

Saturn is in Aquarius in the second house trining Mars: wanting to give something tangible (Saturn, second house) to the public for free (Aquarius).

sam

Oh, and sorry if I put this in the wrong forum. I was having a hard time choosing between the natal board or the event board. :oops: