Short lived encounters

Abby83

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering, why is it that whenever I meet ppl I really like I find the encounter is short lived. Like whenever I meet someone I think yeah, finally someone I can click with them on so many levels and can see myself comfortable with them, and then they always end up leaving soon after. The longest duration of friendship being a year, and then they usually disappear on their journey in life, mostly moving to another state or country, and then I get very sad about it. I'm guessing this is shown in my chart. I love foreigners, so naturally they are the types of ppl on the move. I love ppl who are cultured and understanding.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_03_abby83.42875.39253.jpg
    astro_2gw_03_abby83.42875.39253.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 32

Witchyone

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering, why is it that whenever I meet ppl I really like I find the encounter is short lived. Like whenever I meet someone I think yeah, finally someone I can click with them on so many levels and can see myself comfortable with them, and then they always end up leaving soon after. The longest duration of friendship being a year, and then they usually disappear on their journey in life, mostly moving to another state or country, and then I get very sad about it. I'm guessing this is shown in my chart. I love foreigners, so naturally they are the types of ppl on the move. I love ppl who are cultured and understanding.

Hi, Abby.

You know that I'm new to this, but I'll give it a shot. We talk a lot about Venus having to do with love, beauty, values, etc., but it also governs friendship. I note that your Venus has a lot of contradicting aspects, including some squares.

You obviously have good Venus energies pulling people toward you, but you're not concerned about that, so I'll remark on the negative energies that are perhaps moving them away.

You have Venus square Jupiter, which could indicate good intentions in accommodating other people's opinions, but then annoyance if they actually ask you to do so. :lol: Venus square Uranus can give you a bit of a push/pull quality in relationships. I wonder if people may be reading that energy as you getting tired of them, and so they leave before getting rejected... You also have a tight Venus/Chiron square. Chiron is in the 7th house, which we mostly think of as dealing with romantic relationships, but is really about all close relationships. It's interesting too that it is in Gemini, which deals with communication and versatility, letting go, as well.

Abby83

Hi, Abby.

You know that I'm new to this, but I'll give it a shot. We talk a lot about Venus having to do with love, beauty, values, etc., but it also governs friendship. I note that your Venus has a lot of contradicting aspects, including some squares.

You obviously have good Venus energies pulling people toward you, but you're not concerned about that, so I'll remark on the negative energies that are perhaps moving them away.

You have Venus square Jupiter, which could indicate good intentions in accommodating other people's opinions, but then annoyance if they actually ask you to do so. :lol: Venus square Uranus can give you a bit of a push/pull quality in relationships. I wonder if people may be reading that energy as you getting tired of them, and so they leave before getting rejected... You also have a tight Venus/Chiron square. Chiron is in the 7th house, which we mostly think of as dealing with romantic relationships, but is really about all close relationships. It's interesting too that it is in Gemini, which deals with communication and versatility, letting go, as well.

Reading what you wrote about my natal venus woke me up quite a bit. You reminded me about when I did astrology therapy and hypnosis a few yrs ago where we focused on each planet. Venus was the most hurt and severely harmed planet. During the hypnosis you figure out what it is that you need to improve the quality of what each planet represents in your chart. When we focused on mercury, I found that to improve friendships I had to sit back and wait for ppl to come to me. Apparently lots of ppl want to take and take from me and I need to be patient and discriminate between who I will take on board and who I wont. Mercury is in my 11th house (friends) and it receives Jupiter in sag in a sextile. I think this is the aspect that describes attracting foreign friends.

So where does this fit in to what you were saying about venus in virgo? You were talking about the venus square jupter and that reminded me of my mars square Jupiter too. It's also in my 11th house and I would say that my aggressiveness and independence and initiation with relationships is what scares them off. With friendships, I reckon if I let go of that mars and venus in virgo and focused more on that receptive libra, I will attract more. Im sure this is all triggered by the current transiting Jupiter in libra sextile venus in sag :).

Witchyone

I intentionally left off talking about Venus in Virgo. :wink: That placement is still puzzling to me. Once I have a _feel_ for a placement, I'm able to start thinking about it, but I don't have a feel for this one yet.

How does it feel to you?

Abby83

I intentionally left off talking about Venus in Virgo. :wink: That placement is still puzzling to me. Once I have a _feel_ for a placement, I'm able to start thinking about it, but I don't have a feel for this one yet.

How does it feel to you?

Did u mean to say venus or mars?

Yeah when I did the astro therapy venus was the worst out of all the planets. My venus is 12th and 7th ruler and has all those squares and in detriment.

My venus is very scared and doesn't express itself easily and locks itself up in a dungeon. It's been imprisoned from past hurts and experiences which I have worked on to improve. Not only is it about relationships, but it's intereting how beauty routines are affected too. Like when venus was effective (teenage years), that's when I was heavily influenced by ppl who told me make up was disgusting and inappropriate and that wearing dresses was yuck and too girly. I always got a negative comment towards anything that made me appear feminine or attractive. Transiting pluto was in sag squaring my venus at that time too. During that time, it just seemed almost everyone was opposed to beauty and my gentleness and nurturing.

I think that mercury being in mutual reception to venus is my saviour :).

Last edited:

Abby83

Witchyone - I've been thinking about this statement ever since you wrote it and I cant help but notice how true it has been.

"You have Venus square Jupiter, which could indicate good intentions in accommodating other people's opinions, but then annoyance if they actually ask you to do so. :lol: Venus square Uranus can give you a bit of a push/pull quality in relationships. I wonder if people may be reading that energy as you getting tired of them, and so they leave before getting rejected."

I reached out to the neighbours quite a bit because of my curiosity and desire to learn about their culture. Now I cant get rid of them! So yes I agree that I do reach out to ppl only to get annoyed quickly that they want something from me, even though I made myself available. But I have to admit everyone should know to give others space.