Rising Sign woes

melosine

Hey everyone, its my first time being here and I would like to say that I despise my rising sign very much. Is there any way I can change it or do something about it? I feel like Ive been cursed. Unfortunately, my rising sign is Pisces with a Taurus sun sign. This makes me very vulnerable and sensitive. I have all the negative traits that makes me a lazy pushover. All my life I wanted to be someone else especially in my childhood. I finally found the answer to why Ive been feeling this way when my brother stumbled upon an astrology site and looked up my rising sign and birth time. Everything mentioned on the site was pretty accurate , I wish it wasnt true. Nothing on the site says anything positive and makes the sign as though we are the minority and in our own world. yes it is true about me but I wish it really wasnt. why am i so unfortunate?

Kerrie

Is there any way I can change it or do something about it?
Well instead of looking at it pessimistically you can instead look at it optimistically, with all signs there is bad but most definately good too :wink:.

Just found this
Pisces rising people often possess an irresistible charm that comes on in a quiet way, with a soft aura about them.
from CafeAstrology. Now this doesnt seem bad does it?

I might add that your ascendant is not the whole picture that you have many other placements that you need to look at to get the bigger picture of who you are.

From Sun Pisces/Taurus Moon Me :happy:

Shokk

Well you can't really "change it" if your birth time is accurate, you could BS yourself and read the interpretation for some other Rising signs to make you feel better.
But in any case, don't let a somber astrology site define you.
At the end of the day, you know who you are, or, at least, you decide who you are.

If you agree with what it's saying, then good, if you think it mirrors your personality, but if for whatever reason you don't like what you see. Then think about it, do you want to stay this way or do you want to change yourself?

The way I look at it, nearly everything in your chart, anyone's chart, is a wonderful gift, one just needs to recognise it for what it is, or rather, what it can be. How we can use our natal gifts in a positive light.

For reference: have you just looked up your rising sign, sun sign and all that or have you actually drawn up your birth chart with a site like astro.com? If you haven't done the latter, I suggest you do, it can provide a wealth of information that is lost when you isolate things like rising sign and sun sign. The "bigger picture" that kerrie is talking about can be seen in your birth chart.

katydid

Hey everyone, its my first time being here and I would like to say that I despise my rising sign very much. Is there any way I can change it or do something about it? I feel like Ive been cursed. Unfortunately, my rising sign is Pisces with a Taurus sun sign. This makes me very vulnerable and sensitive. I have all the negative traits that makes me a lazy pushover. All my life I wanted to be someone else especially in my childhood. I finally found the answer to why Ive been feeling this way when my brother stumbled upon an astrology site and looked up my rising sign and birth time. Everything mentioned on the site was pretty accurate , I wish it wasnt true. Nothing on the site says anything positive and makes the sign as though we are the minority and in our own world. yes it is true about me but I wish it really wasnt. why am i so unfortunate?

There is nothing horrible about having Pisces rising. The problem seems to be with you being a Taurus Sun, and trying to merge that solid Earth energy with the Water of your Pisces rising . Personally, I think Taurus people could use some Pisces energy in their lives. Taurus on it's own can be pretty stubborn and stingy. Pisces can give you a more compassionate, loving nature and be a positive thing for you overall.
Right now, coming from your Taurean Point of View, you are seeing it as a weakness. But as you grow and mature, you will learn to adjust the 2 in a harmonious way, and the balance will make you a strong, compassionate, fortunate soul. :innocent::sideways::piscesimg::taurusimg:

Seymour

There's nothing bad with it. Every rising sign has its own bad thing and its own good one...for example, I think pisces is a really nice sign. I discovered that many of my closest friends have sun , moon or ASC in Pisces and I really get along well with them. Maybe you should try to appreciate yourself a bit more and then you'll see the qualities that your rising sign can give you. From my point of view, your asc is really a "gift" ... but of course, that's just my opinion

gd1973

Every sign has its positive aspects and its negative aspects. Heck, I'm a Virgo Sun/Virgo Moon which means I am intolerably critical, so [mod edit - removed distasteful language] I'm probably headed for an ulcer, and frequently miss the forest for the trees. But, it also means that I am good at problem-solving and analysis, I'm a fast learner, and I communicate well.

And Pisces can't be all bad. Pisces is ruled by Jupiter, which is the planet of good luck and expansiveness. Plus Pisces adds a bit of spice to Taurus. Taurus, being a fixed sign, is known for reliability (or predictability). Pisces lends a little whimsy to the very practical Taurus. Pisces is what makes you fun.

And, I agree with the previous post. Check out your whole chart. You may not be able to change your chart, but you can choose to focus on the traits you like and want to expand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arian Maverick

My brother has this combination, and he is the most loving, gentle individual I know. Sure, he's a bit on the lazy side--which I attribute to other astrological factors in his chart--but he possesses irresistible charm. It's not the deliberate, manipulative type of charm, either; it's this childlike mischievousness that's visible in his demeanor and conveyed through his eyes.

So the problem is not your Rising Sign--it's your perception of the qualities of your Rising Sign in conjunction with the qualities of your Sun Sign. I believe many forum members can describe componants of their natal charts with which they were once dissatisfied, parts of themselves they could not accept for whatever reason. This is a common "side-effect," for lack of a better term, of serious astrological self-evaluation. I have found it helpful to ask myself why I regard certain traits as undesirable. Is this due to some message you have received from your parents or from society, either consciously or unconsciously? Perhaps you feel it is not acceptable for men to be passive, that they must be assertive "go-getters"? Or perhaps you fear you will not obtain success, however you define it, because you embody certain traits? Perhaps you fear others will not accept you for who you are?

Arian Maverick

Welcome to AW,

Have you read any of our 'welcome sticky' found at the top of each forum, they give hints, tip and forum guidlines

It be most helpful to ‘post’ their charts (rather than data), for others to comment on as we are all visual. For help on how to do this, go here http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Now to have Pisces rising is quite rare, cos it takes 30-40minutes in UK for Aquarius and Pisces rising, so how confident are you? I have heard that Pisces rising feels bit like a square peg in a round hole.:innocent:

All depends on how your Neptune (if using modern astrology) is aspected natally and lots lots more.

melosine

Every sign has its positive aspects and its negative aspects. Heck, I'm a Virgo Sun/Virgo Moon which means I am intolerably critical, so [mod edit - removed distasteful language] I'm probably headed for an ulcer, and frequently miss the forest for the trees. But, it also means that I am good at problem-solving and analysis, I'm a fast learner, and I communicate well.

And Pisces can't be all bad. Pisces is ruled by Jupiter, which is the planet of good luck and expansiveness. Plus Pisces adds a bit of spice to Taurus. Taurus, being a fixed sign, is known for reliability (or predictability). Pisces lends a little whimsy to the very practical Taurus. Pisces is what makes you fun.

And, I agree with the previous post. Check out your whole chart. You may not be able to change your chart, but you can choose to focus on the traits you like and want to expand.
I never thought of Pisces as being fun,I felt like it always gave me the introverted side of me. There is something holding me back when I want to do things or overcome things. For example, I feel nervous when I'm doing public speaking. I believe its the Pisces, especially with the indecisiveness. Other than being sentimental and nice for others, what else could be good about this sign.

Whats a progressed ascendant? I hope it changes.

I never thought of Pisces as being fun,I felt like it always gave me the introverted side of me. There is something holding me back when I want to do things or overcome things. For example, I feel nervous when I'm doing public speaking. I believe its the Pisces, especially with the indecisiveness. Other than being sentimental and nice for others, what else could be good about this sign.

MC is our professional image and how we want to be perceived in society, career/workwise, what we are/become known for which is different from Asc or sun sign

I have Saggi MC and can behave like extrovert sagg, teach, have interests in 9th house matters, religion, law, philosophy, always enjoy learning new things. But that's not the real me either, the real me is the 'sun sign' think of a glass milk bottle, the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck. The bottle being the Asc sign and most visible to other.

Plus the Asc sign is the chemistry, lust and attraction factor when boy meets girl, it's what gets a relationship going. BUT have you never heard (even from your school days) that after a few weeks or months, that mask and persona has to drop and you have to get to know the person underneath and that's totally different to the image we 'project' outwards.

Your natal chart is like a photograph as unique as your fingerprint, BUT the 10planets in the sky have not stayed where they were in your natal chart, they have all moved. Predictive astrology is mostly maths where those 10planets are now and the mathematical aspects they make to your natal charts ie: 180'=opposition, 90'=square, 60'=sextile and 120'=trine.

So your personality, grows, develops, changes, matures as we get older, this is reflected by your sun sign changing from it's natal position to the next sign along, so does your Asc and MC sign change. In fact from sun to mars espec are important, as the outer planets really don't move much, using a 'day for a year' secondary progressions.

To read more and study them try here
http://cafeastrology.com/secondaryprogressions.html

katydid

Pisces is not really 'introverted' , just sensitive perhaps. But they are very interested and receptive to others, so they are not purely introverted. :kissing:

And yes, Pisces can feel indecisive at times, but that is partly because they are SO very perceptive and open to all of the messages flooding forth from the surrounding environment, that they may feel overwhelmed . But it is because of their intelligence and perceptiveness, not any lack of the above. You will get better at sorting out the reams data as you mature and grow, and you will be more decisive.

Pisces rising are very attractive to others, as they wear their hearts on their sleeves, and can make instant connections to others. :smile::whistling:
They can also be very intuitive and imaginative, and can really be an asset to your Taurus Sun, which may tend to overlook these abilities. It may take you awhile, but I assure you that you will someday appreciate the universal value of your Piscean ascendant. Especially when it comes to having to apologize to the love of your life over your Taurean stubborness, and your Pisces side will have your back. :wink:

kaminari

I really understand where you're coming from.. I was confused from about age 19 & sought answers in Astrology.. I'm a Scorpio w/ Aquarius rising.. My Aquarius Asc progressed into Pisces around age 19..

My Asc is now at 29 degrees Pisces, & it's changing signs this December.. I've felt vulnerable, confused, & kind of a pushover for the 19 years it's been in Pisces, but now I'm getting more confident & action-oriented..

Some of the great gifts of Pisces.. spiritual, compassionate, artistic.. I was none of these things before my Pisces progression.. Now I'm all of these things..

Some of the greatest people I've met were Pisces.. their weakness was their strength & I admire that quality..

I hope you can find some "jewels" on your journey as well..

melosine

I believe this is my chart.(I think) If it is wrong, please let me know if it is wrong, because I have no clue about this chart stuff. I just know my sun and rising sign.:happy:
Sorry for responding so late, I was soo busy.

-melosine

Attachments

• charttt!!.gif
    charttt!!.gif
    28.1 KB · Views: 40

katydid

I believe this is my chart.(I think) If it is wrong, please let me know if it is wrong, because I have no clue about this chart stuff. I just know my sun and rising sign.:happy:
Sorry for responding so late, I was soo busy.

-melosine

Oh OH...this chart does not show Pisces rising, it shows Capricorn rising. Are you sure this is right? Did you double check your time. :sideways:

melosine

i dont know why it says Capricorn when other sites tell me Pisces. Im certain that I was born at 1:00 am. Im a taurus and I was born at that time.

katydid

i dont know why it says Capricorn when other sites tell me Pisces. Im certain that I was born at 1:00 am. Im a taurus and I was born at that time.

I don't think you could have pisces rising and be born at 1 am. If you have pisces on the ascendent, then your taurus sun would be much closer to the ascendant, which is the sign on the horizon at sunrise. You need to be born close to sunrise to have your sun sign be so close to your rising sign. Pisces to Taurus would put your sun somewhere around the second house, which cannot happen when you are born in NY at 100 am. :sideways:

this chart looks correct.

Hey---Didnt you HATE pisces rising. Now you can celebrate. :happy:

melosine

Im confused. When I look at the rising sign chart, it says Pisces, but when I look at the overall chart, its telling me Capricorn. Also, why was the Pisces description right on point and seems more accurate than the Capricorn rising. This is weird.