My method: “Ankara” Horary

dr. farr

Older readers of this forum will recall my many horary posts in bygone years using an unusual and hardly known method which I called Ankara horary; Following is a brief elucidation of this method-I am not advocating it, I am just elucidating for the curious, just telling about what I use, about what works well for me…

1) the KEY testimony is the DIRECTION OF FLOW toward or away from each other of the querant and quested significators; if they flow toward each-other this = + testimony; if they flow away from each other this = - testimony; this also applies to the moon as co-significator
2) only the totality of testimonies determines the answer to the question
3) moon voc does not count for anything and is not a stricture vs judgement
4) Saturn in 1st or 7th is not a stricture vs judgement
5) too early or too late asc degree is not a stricture, although 0/1 deg or 29 deg on the asc makes the judgement unreliable
6)moon in via combusta= - testimony; mars or Saturn If quesited significator, in via combusta = + testimony; sun in via combusta If quesited signicicator = - testimony; any other planet in the fiery road do not count as either + or - testimony
7) condition-eg domicile, detriment, etc-re to querant significator is given little attention; however, condition of quesited significator is given great attention regarding + or - testimony.
8) moon is usually regarded as querant co-significator; however in certain cases it might be regarded as quesited co-significator
9) house affinities same as in traditional horary
10) I use whole sign house format; those I learned Ankara from used Alchabitius format
11) conjunction of quesited significator with north node = + testimony; conjunction with south node = - testimony
12) south node in ascending sign of 1st house ALWAYS = a no or negative answer to the question regardless of other testimonies; this is the one exception to the rule of the totality of testimonies
13)Ankara often uses single specific lots as quesited significator instead of house/lords; place of lot, dispositor of that lot and relation of querant significator to that lot and it’s dispositor, are what are studied in delineating an answer to the question
14) reception is given very little consideration in this method; terms are rarely if ever used; much attention is given to any fixed star conjunction of asc, lot, querant or quesited significator
15) aspects are of secondary importance to the key consideration of direction of flow of significators
-only applying aspects count
-last aspect of the moon is not considered
-if an aspect will not perfect it is not counted
-if an aspect will perfect, if trine, conjunct or sextile = + testimony; if square or opposition = - testimony

Such is the basic outline of the old Ottoman “Ankara” horary method I use.

Ouranos

Hello Dr Farr,
I have read your post and I am curious about some aspects of the Ankara method.

5) too early or too late asc degree is not a stricture, although 0/1 deg or 29 deg on the asc makes the judgement unreliable
Would you say because of missing information (Early) or no future to the question, circumstances about to change (Late) ?

8) moon is usually regarded as querant co-significator; however in certain cases it might be regarded as quesited co-significator
My approach is that the Moon rules everything and that includes the querent and quesited. I prefer to say that the Moon rules the question. Does that sound applicable to your method?

13)Ankara often uses single specific lots as quesited significator instead of house/lords; place of lot, dispositor of that lot and relation of querant significator to that lot and it’s dispositor, are what are studied in delineating an answer to the question
What Lots do you use or which one for specific questions?

-if an aspect will perfect, if trine, conjunct or sextile = + testimony; if square or opposition = - testimony
When you say that an aspect will perfect or not, do you mean by Whole Sign? Or does it mean by the time the Moon has changed sign?

Appreciate your input and enjoy reading your answers to Horary questions.
Ouranos

QuietSoul

Hi Dr Farr,
I am fairly new to Horary astrology, only start learning it presently because it has helped me massively with buying things like house or car in the past.
That is why I want to learn it and friend asked me a question regarding an investment. I asked him not to determine his investment on my answer but I am very keen on figuring it out. And this method seems very beginner friendly.
I have changed the chart according to your post.
The question is "will I (my friend, the quesistor) = Saturn in Domicile =+ be able to buy this coin/investment (house 5 ruler Mercury, for a price better than xxx by end of November. (his original question was actually "will xxx fall under xy price by end of November and I changed to question to easier answer it because the outcome will be the same.)
Because the aspect between both is separating that is a negative outcome as it does not count. So the answer is no.
Did I do that correctly according to the method?

Attachments

• astro_2at_kann_pch_vor_ende_novemver_xrp_fuer_unte_hw.54946.147306.png
    astro_2at_kann_pch_vor_ende_novemver_xrp_fuer_unte_hw.54946.147306.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 29

Antiks72

Older readers of this forum will recall my many horary posts in bygone years using an unusual and hardly known method which I called Ankara horary; Following is a brief elucidation of this method-I am not advocating it, I am just elucidating for the curious, just telling about what I use, about what works well for me…

1) the KEY testimony is the DIRECTION OF FLOW toward or away from each other of the querant and quested significators; if they flow toward each-other this = + testimony; if they flow away from each other this = - testimony; this also applies to the moon as co-significator
2) only the totality of testimonies determines the answer to the question
3) moon voc does not count for anything and is not a stricture vs judgement
4) Saturn in 1st or 7th is not a stricture vs judgement
6)moon in via combusta= - testimony; mars or Saturn If quesited significator, in via combusta = + testimony; sun in via combusta If quesited signicicator = - testimony; any other planet in the fiery road do not count as either + or - testimony
7) condition-eg domicile, detriment, etc-re to querant significator is given little attention; however, condition of quesited significator is given great attention regarding + or - testimony.
9) house affinities same as in traditional horary
10) I use whole sign house format; those I learned Ankara from used Alchabitius format
11) conjunction of quesited significator with north node = + testimony; conjunction with south node = - testimony
12) south node in ascending sign of 1st house ALWAYS = a no or negative answer to the question regardless of other testimonies; this is the one exception to the rule of the totality of testimonies
14) reception is given very little consideration in this method; terms are rarely if ever used; much attention is given to any fixed star conjunction of asc, lot, querant or quesited significator
15) aspects are of secondary importance to the key consideration of direction of flow of significators
-only applying aspects count
-last aspect of the moon is not considered

Such is the basic outline of the old Ottoman “Ankara” horary method I use.
What's your accuracy rate with this method? How many readings have you done?

Humanitarian

For @Ouranos:
Piercethevale provided the questions for the lots that are used in horaries, and the topics that these lots are for ARE:
AC + DC - Venus: Marriage
AC + MC - Ruler AC: Secrets
Moon + Saturn - Jupiter: Lords and Masters
Moon + DC - Ruler AC: Part of Find/Part of the Lost Object
Mercury + Saturn - Jupiter: Freedpeople + Servants (Al-Biruni horary)