Magic 8 ball technique

dr. farr

Since I have been mentioning the Magic 8 Ball method of astro-divination a number of times since my return to AW (February 2017) I thought I would refresh this thread for the information of our newer AW members.

betelgeusesirius

Thank you for sharing such simple and interesting method.
I checked with my known horary charts, and the success rate was below 40%, disregarding the charts with Cancer as the quesited house.
I will keep checking this method though.

lex6819

I found this thread after Dr. Farr replied to a career related horary question I had posted on the career horary board.

Since then, I've been reading the posts on this thread, and trying to apply Magic 8 ball to some of my older charts. The problem with the old charts is they predict things that still haven't happened yet, in most cases.

I ran a new chart this morning when I woke up thinking about a new question.

I will attach it to this message.

The question was "will I be with my soulmate next month" (short time frame so I can test the answer and post results here!)

Actually I think I was literally thinking "will I be in my Soulmate's arms next month" which is a bit more specific I guess.

I will take the 7th house as the signifying house for a relationship question (since it deals with soulmates). (Would you agree that is the correct house, even 'though I'm not asking about marriage?).

I'm still a beginner with astrology. So, looking at the chart itself I'm not 100% certain I know how to identify the cusp visually. Is it the first sign the house is overlapping, as you look at the chart moving counterclockwise from the first house?

If so, the 7th house cusp is in the sign of Virgo, which is ruled by Mercury, giving a "yes" answer to my question.

If It's one of the other overlapping signs then the answer would be:

If Libra: ruled by Venus = yes answer

If Scorpio: ruled by Mars = yes answer

So, even if I picked the wrong sign, it's a yes answer in any of those cases, but I would like to know if I chose the sign correctly, for future chart reading purposes...

Have I done this correctly? :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• SoulmateHoldNextMonth.gif
    SoulmateHoldNextMonth.gif
    53.1 KB · Views: 43

dr. farr

Here is an important point (re to the 8 Ball) for both previous posters (and others as well) to remember:

-the Magic 8 Ball technique as I have described it (and tested it) is BASED ON WHOLE SIGN HOUSES; I cannot say whether or it will work when using quadrant house systems like Placidus or Regiomontanus; my testing has been ONLY with using the 8 Ball in yes/no horary questions IN WHOLE SIGN HOUSE format EXCLUSIVELY.

So, for anyone looking over their old horary charts to check to see if the 8 Ball "worked" or not, THOSE CHARTS WOULD HAVE TO BE LOOKED AT AS IF THEY WERE IN WHOLE SIGN HOUSE FORMAT, then the 8 Ball judegment rules as applied to the sign on the WHOLE SIGN quesited house will yield either a yes, no or maybe answer, and then the actual outcomes can be tabulated to see what % of accuracy the 8 Ball method had in those charts.

Now, relative to the above post: the 7th house, ie the questited house, in WHOLE SIGN is under Virgo (NOT Libra, NOT Scorpio) so the planet would be Mercury and the 8 Ball answer to the question would be "YES"...(however, in the chart the SN posits the 1st whole sign house-the querent house-and by the general rules of horary which I follow, the chart reading is made unreliable by the presence of the SN in the first house; so I would consider the reading of this chart even by Magic 8 Ball to be unreliable and highly dubious, and I would suggest that the poster re-ask this same question at a later date)

Last edited:

Arena

Thanks for reminding me of this thread and the technique dr. farr.
I just posted a horary chart, and thought I'd put a link to it here.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103230

By the 8 ball method the quesited would be 2nd house and with whole sign houses it would be Mercury by sidereal method and Moon by tropical method.
So the answer to financial freedom is yes with sidereal and maybe with tropical.

dr. farr

Right-and the 8 Ball can be used with a sidereal basis (although I have not tested it with a sidereal basis, all my tests have been with tropical); just that the whole sign house model be used in erecting the houses of the chart.

Sun Scor Moon Aqu Asc Vir

In recent months I have cast several charts for two family members interested in buying a new van for work, twas during :mercury:RX at the time, and the house placement confused me a tad given I have a :virgoimg: Asc, so I went along with Skyscripts 3rd house suggestion ( I Love Lilly, personally) along with ALL expertise re `Horary` Astrology/ Divination which produces as reassuring a result as the 90% manifested outcomes I am experiencing using this technique ...:smile:

In relation to `buying a vehicle`this time around though, using third house, twas a 70% actual Yes/No, maybe ratio, with the YES eventually agreed upon acquiring a week of hassle prior to satisfaction in said investment ...

Dr Farr, 3RD, or not Beloved? I would value your expertise in this regard, as would we all :love:

In terms compiling the statistics (relative success/failure) on this technique, I am curious if anyone has compiled or tracked comparative stats on the others: Ankara, Modernist Lunar, Traditional, Modern?

dr. farr

I am not aware of any statistical studies done regarding regular (Traditional) horary. I have read that expert practitioners (of regular horary) should average a 90% accuracy level, and I have read that a famous practitioner, Deborah Houlding, allegedly has a 92% accuracy level; Frawley also allegedly has an average above 90% (however, relative to his sports predictive model, it has been demonstrated that results are 50/50, ie chance).

I started keeping track of the Magic 8 Ball divination because I believed, at the time, that it would soon prove to be no more accurate than chance (50/50); I thought that would show after about 20 or 30 questions, however, I was wrong in this assumption, and the divination method has continued (now with well over 200 question charts) with an 80+% accuracy rate.

My main approach to horary is with what I have called the Ankara horary method, which in historical fact is a horary application of the astrology practiced in the times of the Ottoman empire. I have used this approach since the mid-1970's up to the present time, as my primary approach to horary questions; I have not kept the same kind of statistical record for Ankara as I have done, here on AW, for the 8 Ball-however, I have kept fairly close track of my results over these decades for the Ankara method, and I will say that the Ankara method has a higher % accuracy rate than the Magic 8 Ball divination.

I hav e used Modern Lunar Horary only in several hundred questions; my impression is that its accuracy rate is somewhat below that of the Magic 8 Ball divination method.

Sun Scor Moon Aqu Asc Vir

I am not aware of any statistical studies done regarding regular (Traditional) horary. I have read that expert practitioners (of regular horary) should average a 90% accuracy level, and I have read that a famous practitioner, Deborah Houlding, allegedly has a 92% accuracy level; Frawley also allegedly has an average above 90% (however, relative to his sports predictive model, it has been demonstrated that results are 50/50, ie chance).

I started keeping track of the Magic 8 Ball divination because I believed, at the time, that it would soon prove to be no more accurate than chance (50/50); I thought that would show after about 20 or 30 questions, however, I was wrong in this assumption, and the divination method has continued (now with well over 200 question charts) with an 80+% accuracy rate.

My main approach to horary is with what I have called the Ankara horary method, which in historical fact is a horary application of the astrology practiced in the times of the Ottoman empire. I have used this approach since the mid-1970's up to the present time, as my primary approach to horary questions; I have not kept the same kind of statistical record for Ankara as I have done, here on AW, for the 8 Ball-however, I have kept fairly close track of my results over these decades for the Ankara method, and I will say that the Ankara method has a higher % accuracy rate than the Magic 8 Ball divination.

I hav e used Modern Lunar Horary only in several hundred questions; my impression is that its accuracy rate is somewhat below that of the Magic 8 Ball divination method.

I Love You Dr Farr, you are a great teacher beloved, as is Deb, along with all who tap into their intuition, now especially at this stage of Human Evolution in 2018 ... :innocent::innocent:

I have cast 50 plus `Magic 8 Ball` charts which have maintained a 90 % accuracy in my experience ...

The Universe `responds/mirrors` our `Energetic pattern`which many believe is the other way around, and cannot be so via the law-of-attraction every planetary/universal body has zero resistance to ....

Tis only `HUMANS` resisting the natural creator flow ... and why when doggedly glued to those patterns, the charts reflect such ...

Creation has never been divided against itself .. only individual beliefs thwart that innate eternal KNOWING ...

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Arena

Long time since I've been in here.
Decided to cast an 8 ball chart today asking if I will be able to make over 3500£ per month by forex trading within 3 months from now. I am already doing some trading, but have not done it on daily basis and have only been making about 1200£ on average per month since September.
This time I just use a tropical chart, forgot to adjust the housing system to wsh... but that is how I read it anyway. Libra in 2nd house/sign.

8 ball answers with a clear yes, showing Venus as the ruler of the 2nd house and even is placed in the 10th house which might indicate that I will decide to make myself a career of this. I am actually doing it to have freedom from having to work for others, want to be independent and do what I want with my time.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-05-03 16.45.18.jpg
    Screenshot 2018-05-03 16.45.18.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Chrysalis

Long time since I've been in here.
Decided to cast an 8 ball chart today asking if I will be able to make over 3500£ per month by forex trading within 3 months from now. I am already doing some trading, but have not done it on daily basis and have only been making about 1200£ on average per month since September.
This time I just use a tropical chart, forgot to adjust the housing system to wsh... but that is how I read it anyway. Libra in 2nd house/sign.

8 ball answers with a clear yes, showing Venus as the ruler of the 2nd house and even is placed in the 10th house which might indicate that I will decide to make myself a career of this. I am actually doing it to have freedom from having to work for others, want to be independent and do what I want with my time.

You'd want to use 11th ruler/moon for this question. Venus is money you have now, 11th is money you make from the 10th house affairs.

Arena

Well, the thing is that the money I make from trading is actually from trading the money I already have, in order to make more money. So I think it would be the second house. The trading is done from home so maybe that Moon in 4th house tells that tale. I do not work as a trader for other people, only trading my own money.

Arena

Thanks for reminding me of this thread and the technique dr. farr.
I just posted a horary chart, and thought I'd put a link to it here.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103230

By the 8 ball method the quesited would be 2nd house and with whole sign houses it would be Mercury by sidereal method and Moon by tropical method.
So the answer to financial freedom is yes with sidereal and maybe with tropical.

BTW, this one can now be answered/confirmed.
It has been a year now since this one was posted.
The results were actually a bit mixed. I sold a property around the time I posted the question, so I got a lot of cash out of that sale. I was looking to invest it in other properties, but did not have the luck I wanted in that area, so I started to use the money for forex trading to make more money. However, I am still learning to get better at it so that I will be able to make enough money so that nobody in my family has to rely on money from a job elsewhere. So in a way, I am financially free because I still have a LOT of money in my accounts, enough to provide for my family for a few years without having to work. Now I am using them to do forex trading, possibly I will use some of it to invest in property as well. However the trading has not yet reached the level I want to be at. I believe I can get there in a few more months. But the company I started has not yet made any profits at all.

dr. farr

Since I have always followed tropical in using the 8 Ball, with the Moon being the "answer" (in tropical) mixed results would have been indicated by the 8 Ball method, as seems to been the case as reported by the OP in the above post.