Astrologers Who Are Getting Paid

piscesmoon262

Hello- I might have already brought this up before but I don't remember a very strong response so.... are you getting paid to do Astrology? At parties, in private, or with online reports?

I've been hesitant to try and make money off something I love- I've had a mildly successful time in charging for tarot readings over the passed few years. Through word of mouth I've gotten a circle of clients. They go well but there's a point where it feels PHYSICALLY draining. I'm worried I'll get tired like this of Astro. BUT I enjoy Astro more than I enjoy Tarot- it offers me more to make sense of for the client.

I'm thinking of scheduling an interview- a shop down the street gave me their owners card- they told me to call her when I'm ready to give her a reading.
Here's the shop>> Leapin Lizards
This was a year and a half ago! I've been too anxious to do it!

What I'm asking is do you, personally, make money from doing reports for others and what advice do you, from your own experience, have to offer to people who are thinking about charging clients for readings.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Doing astrology professionally is really very simple. Just be honest, be friendly, and if things aren't making sense ask questions until the picture starts to come together. Sometimes I think there's a big fear when it comes to different sorts of divination where if you have to ask the querent questions about their circumstances you must not be doing it right, but asking questions is a good way to get the client involved and to make sure you're being accurate about what you're saying.

piscesmoon262

When I think of doing charged readings, yes, I feel like there is quite an expectation from the client for the reader to be spot on. Regardless, I do ask any question that pops into my mind- I've had quite a few tarot readings and astro readings turn into something like a therapist session :tongue: Do you think there should be boundaries? I'm terrible with these...

Thank you for your response- it has me feeling much better about this :joyful:

piscesmoon262

Well I guess I find myself going down bunny trails with people who seem like they want to talk about their backgrounds and childhood.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
If it's relevant to what they came to see you about I don't see why not, just be up front about what you can do about it. You're not a psychologist, etc, etc. Sometimes people just like to talk about things and want someone to listen to them, and in that case I don't see anything wrong with it, but if they expect you to fix it somehow...that can get a bit more difficult without the background in certain fields.