Tarot Talk Thread

Gemini888

But whats the card positions in the 7 card spread ? Whats each card supposed to be representing ?
I found it on the guide book I'm using. It calls that spread "magic seven". The first card is the past, the second is the present, the third is the near future, the fourth is "the answer" (not sure what it really means), the fifth is other people around the querant, the sixth is hope and fear, and the seventh is the outcome. Or at least that's what I got from the book and the internet.

And all of my cards were upright.

Chrysalis

Your just confusing yourself even more, especially with that kind of spread.

Keep it simple. Ask your question...pull 3 cards....see how they flow.

Chrysalis

Anyone on here ever read with other cards, i.e lenormand,kipper,playing cards?

I was feeling really anxious the other night, twas the night before i had to go and get some test results. I'd held myself back from pulling cards on the matter as i didn't want to make myself feel even worse. At this point i was in a very heightened anxious state and caved in and asked my lenormands "how will i feel about the test results tomorrow".

I got ..Coffin~stars~letter~ship~stork~sun

Lenormand are very literal, i read these as a hoped for (stars) negative result (coffin) and (letter) which enables me to move on (ship) and feel more positive (stork and sun).

And my cards were correct, this is exactly what happened...BUT did i listen to them and calm my anxious self down....NO. I was still doubting what they were saying, but they were very accurate.

Lykanized

I have a question for people who are into Tarot about the Angel deck
..Is every single card exuding a positive message? If so, what's the point of it? I got a reading from someone with an Angel deck and while the messages applied to me and the reader was psychic and empathic and could read even without cards, I don't like the idea of a deck that provides only positive messages
But perhaps I'm missing something. Typical tarot decks seem to leave room for messages that aren't quite so beautiful regarding things that may possibly need changing or themes that have hindered an individual's growth, chains that need to be torn
I do see that possibly the point is that this is the guidance we need in the moment. I know it's called the 'Angel' deck for a reason, yet I don't believe every angel is necessarily gonna be all love and light

My thing is I'm passionate about truth and sometimes the truth is dark, it doesn't feel so good, but it shows us our path of transformation

Gemini888

I have a question for people who are into Tarot about the Angel deck
..Is every single card exuding a positive message? If so, what's the point of it? I got a reading from someone with an Angel deck and while the messages applied to me and the reader was psychic and empathic and could read even without cards, I don't like the idea of a deck that provides only positive messages
But perhaps I'm missing something. Typical tarot decks seem to leave room for messages that aren't quite so beautiful regarding things that may possibly need changing or themes that have hindered an individual's growth, chains that need to be torn
I do see that possibly the point is that this is the guidance we need in the moment. I know it's called the 'Angel' deck for a reason, yet I don't believe every angel is necessarily gonna be all love and light

My thing is I'm passionate about truth and sometimes the truth is dark, it doesn't feel so good, but it shows us our path of transformation
I think you would want to have a look at something like the Thoth deck. Thoth has art that is pretty direct and in-your-face. There's a feeling that the deck doesn't attempt to hide anything.

But I do think every deck has a personality, even when they are all the same kind of decks. My Thoth seems to be pretty chatty and like to think out of the box. Maybe you can spend some time asking your deck about their personality. It may really appreciate that you are curious about it :joyful:

Lykanized

I think you would want to have a look at something like the Thoth deck. Thoth has art that is pretty direct and in-your-face. There's a feeling that the deck doesn't attempt to hide anything.

But I do think every deck has a personality, even when they are all the same kind of decks. My Thoth seems to be pretty chatty and like to think out of the box. Maybe you can spend some time asking your deck about their personality. It may really appreciate that you are curious about it :joyful:
Oh it's not my deck, someone just gave me a reading from one. I know she's a highly intuitive person and she really didn't even need a deck to read, but she was using one anyway. The messages were positive and uplifting and really very welcomed after the month I've been having. But it occurred to me that every card had a positive message in the deck. Some wouldn't apply to me whatsoever and these 3 happened to so I see that there was some true divination coming through

It just disconcerted me the fact they all hold positive messages

I feel as if in every moment we're where we need to be and we have the power to move toward our destiny, whatever it may be. But the fact is that we do go through so many obstacles and we're our own worst enemies. We're the only ones with the power to throw ourselves off the path, in truth, and sometimes we just let it happen. Not to say that letting it happen wouldn't come about unless there was immense stress, chaos, pain, suffering. But if we're in a place where we have to break the chains and we haven't started cutting them yet, might the message coming through to us from the other side of the veil be something rather dark if appropriate?

The Angel deck seems to be straight up positive tho
Now it is occurring to me that for every situation, every moment, there are so many different angles through which to look at what's happening. Is the glass half empty, or half full? It's both

I've throughout life been suspect of anything running through a stream of positivity and light and ONLY positivity and light. I suppose my bias is to see things running through threads of negativity and the dark light as being truer and more honest, deeper,cutting to the core

Maybe this is all just my bias.

The cards pulled for me were...
Archangel Michael
"I am with you, giving you the courage to make life changes that will help you work on your Divine life purpose."

Maya
"Schooling, study, and education help your life's purpose and personal growth at this time. The angels will guide you and help you with this process."

Isabella
"Yes, the timing is right for this new venture. A happy outcome follows your positive expectations."

All very lovely, almost too lovely. Makes me suspicious
But through my musings here I did discover that my bias was obscuring me from the possibility that these are simply alternative scopes through which to view life
Every single one of these messages could be stated more grimly

I actually do have a deck tho. It's in Gaelic and has very beautiful imagery. I chose it because I was very much drawn to the art as well as the Gaelic. I love Irish folklore. I love folklore in general, but there's something about Irish
I don't know Gaelic so if I ever do choose to really get myself into tarot, it's gonna be fun because I'll have to use my intuition even more than I would if they were in English

Gemini888

Oh ok, I get the picture. No I don't think you're biased. If it was me I would rather use that deck to read for "casual" querents, people who only want a reading for fun or aren't prepared to hear more unpleasant things from a deck. I won't use it for myself, unless I'm in a bad shape and only need reassurance.

And who is Archangel Michael, Maya, Isabella supposed to be in the standard RWS?

david starling

Oh it's not my deck, someone just gave me a reading from one. I know she's a highly intuitive person and she really didn't even need a deck to read, but she was using one anyway. The messages were positive and uplifting and really very welcomed after the month I've been having. But it occurred to me that every card had a positive message in the deck. Some wouldn't apply to me whatsoever and these 3 happened to so I see that there was some true divination coming through

It just disconcerted me the fact they all hold positive messages

I feel as if in every moment we're where we need to be and we have the power to move toward our destiny, whatever it may be. But the fact is that we do go through so many obstacles and we're our own worst enemies. We're the only ones with the power to throw ourselves off the path, in truth, and sometimes we just let it happen. Not to say that letting it happen wouldn't come about unless there was immense stress, chaos, pain, suffering. But if we're in a place where we have to break the chains and we haven't started cutting them yet, might the message coming through to us from the other side of the veil be something rather dark if appropriate?

The Angel deck seems to be straight up positive tho
Now it is occurring to me that for every situation, every moment, there are so many different angles through which to look at what's happening. Is the glass half empty, or half full? It's both

I've throughout life been suspect of anything running through a stream of positivity and light and ONLY positivity and light. I suppose my bias is to see things running through threads of negativity and the dark light as being truer and more honest, deeper,cutting to the core

Maybe this is all just my bias.

The cards pulled for me were...
Archangel Michael
"I am with you, giving you the courage to make life changes that will help you work on your Divine life purpose."

Maya
"Schooling, study, and education help your life's purpose and personal growth at this time. The angels will guide you and help you with this process."

Isabella
"Yes, the timing is right for this new venture. A happy outcome follows your positive expectations."

All very lovely, almost too lovely. Makes me suspicious
But through my musings here I did discover that my bias was obscuring me from the possibility that these are simply alternative scopes through which to view life
Every single one of these messages could be stated more grimly

I actually do have a deck tho. It's in Gaelic and has very beautiful imagery. I chose it because I was very much drawn to the art as well as the Gaelic. I love Irish folklore. I love folklore in general, but there's something about Irish
I don't know Gaelic so if I ever do choose to really get myself into tarot, it's gonna be fun because I'll have to use my intuition even more than I would if they were in English

Are there leprechauns and banshees? :biggrin: