6th vs the 10th as the house of jobs

IleneK

Premium Member
What is on my mind is the 6th vs the 10th house for jobs in general.

The more I read, it seems the 6th house refers to jobs where you work for someone else, sell your labor to them, versus the 10th, where you would perhaps have a business of your own, work for yourself, be beholding to no one else.

Do any members of the forum have an opinion about using the 6th vs the 10th to signify a job, working for someone else?

Thank you.

retinoid

10th and where the MC is (if using a house system where it is in different houses) what you career is (10th) and how one will get recognized/excel/etc. in this career setting (MC)...6th is more how you like to work. Or it can be used for menial jobs, but for me it is more on how someone works on the job.

BobZemco

What is on my mind is the 6th vs the 10th house for jobs in general.

The more I read, it seems the 6th house refers to jobs where you work for someone else, sell your labor to them, versus the 10th, where you would perhaps have a business of your own, work for yourself, be beholding to no one else.

Do any members of the forum have an opinion about using the 6th vs the 10th to signify a job, working for someone else?

I can't give you an opinion, I can only tell you what is written and why it is so.

The 10th is always your job, your career, your reputation, fame and standing in the community --- and the community here is your peers.

The 6th is primarily health and illness. The 6th makes no aspect to the 1st House/Sign....so it's hidden...right? Just like illnesses, which don't always manifest themselves immediately. Look at the 1st Triplicity Ruler for that.

The 6th is also people who work directly for you, or who are subordinate to you in some way, whether they be slaves or servants or not. In today's world, that would be your nanny, baby-sitter, any person who provides contract services to you like lawn care, pool cleaning, roofing, plumbing, remodeling and such. It includes employees subordinate to you. Look at the charts of military people, and how their 6th Sign Ruler relates to the Ascendant Ruler, MC Ruler, and 2nd Triplicity Ruler for the 6th. That has led modern astrologers to erroneously conclude that the 6th House represents the military...it does not (the 11th does).

The 8th House in your chart indicates among things the assets of other people, in particular your partner, your business partners and other professional associates and so on.

Isn't the 6th House the eight house from the 10th House?

Why, yes, it is.

Logically, then, you could conclude that the 6th House --- being the eighth house from the 10th House -- represents the assets of other people as it relates to your career, profession, reputation, standing, etc etc etc.

Do you have a publicist?

No? Don't feel bad, because I don't either, but there are many celebrities who have publicists....and agents.....and personal assistants, administrators....some people have chauffeurs, body-guards, personal trainers, etc etc etc.

All those things are indicated by the 6th House/Sign.

Note that 2nd, 6th and 10th trine.

Anyway, there's a lot of logic to traditional astrology that is easy to apply, just from knowing the primary meaning of each House --- because all other meanings are derived from houses within houses.

The reason I mention that is because when casting horary charts for employment, you can determine the state of the employer from the 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 11th and 12th Houses.

No point in going to work for a company that is in financial distress, being pummeled by competitors, slammed with lawsuits and besieged by the government.

IleneK

Premium Member
I can't give you an opinion, I can only tell you what is written and why it is so.

The 10th is always your job, your career, your reputation, fame and standing in the community --- and the community here is your peers.

The 6th is primarily health and illness. The 6th makes no aspect to the 1st House/Sign....so it's hidden...right? Just like illnesses, which don't always manifest themselves immediately. Look at the 1st Triplicity Ruler for that.

The 6th is also people who work directly for you, or who are subordinate to you in some way, whether they be slaves or servants or not. In today's world, that would be your nanny, baby-sitter, any person who provides contract services to you like lawn care, pool cleaning, roofing, plumbing, remodeling and such. It includes employees subordinate to you. Look at the charts of military people, and how their 6th Sign Ruler relates to the Ascendant Ruler, MC Ruler, and 2nd Triplicity Ruler for the 6th. That has led modern astrologers to erroneously conclude that the 6th House represents the military...it does not (the 11th does).

The 8th House in your chart indicates among things the assets of other people, in particular your partner, your business partners and other professional associates and so on.

Isn't the 6th House the eight house from the 10th House?

Why, yes, it is.

Logically, then, you could conclude that the 6th House --- being the eighth house from the 10th House -- represents the assets of other people as it relates to your career, profession, reputation, standing, etc etc etc.

Do you have a publicist?

No? Don't feel bad, because I don't either, but there are many celebrities who have publicists....and agents.....and personal assistants, administrators....some people have chauffeurs, body-guards, personal trainers, etc etc etc.

All those things are indicated by the 6th House/Sign.

Note that 2nd, 6th and 10th trine.

Anyway, there's a lot of logic to traditional astrology that is easy to apply, just from knowing the primary meaning of each House --- because all other meanings are derived from houses within houses.

The reason I mention that is because when casting horary charts for employment, you can determine the state of the employer from the 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 11th and 12th Houses.

No point in going to work for a company that is in financial distress, being pummeled by competitors, slammed with lawsuits and besieged by the government.

I appreciate your taking the time and thank you very much, Bob.

BobZemco

I appreciate your taking the time and thank you very much, Bob.

I was wrong, the 6th is not the eighth from the 10th, it's the ninth from the 10th, but the same principle...it would be your attitudes and philosophy toward career, work and such things. It would also indicate education related to your career/profession, and since the 3rd, 6th, 9th and 12th indicate travel, and in particular the 6th --- in connection with those things --- would indicate travel related to your work.

For example, Jupiter is the 2nd Triplicity Ruler of my Aries 6th, siting in Pisces 5th joined with Moon and both trine Cancer Venus in the 9th, and Venus rules the 12th --- long distance foreign travel for extend periods....I was military, and a troop leader (Aries Mars trine Lot of Work in Leo 10th).

The 5th House would be the eighth from the 10th.

I realize that has to do more with Natal than Horary, but there's a lot of overlap, and you can run synastry for businesses ---- I do ---to see if there is a good fit between the business and the employee -- or in my case the potential hire.

You can cast an horary chart for a job offer you receive, whether to accept it or not, and from that you can see if you'll be happy or totally miserable in your new job.

If you get stuck on some of the concepts in traditional astrology, like slaves and grave robbers and such, just read Marcus Aurelius...

Meditations Book 8

"This thing, what is it in itself, in its own constitution? What is its substance and material? And what its causal nature (or form)? And what is it doing in the world? And how long does it subsist?"

What is a slave? An employee.Grave robbers? They're out there, don't you remember Hurricane Katrina?

Welfare people living with grandma; grandma dies; her death is never reported so welfare people can keep collecting grandma's social security checks and living in grandma's house.....everything is peachy until Katrina blows through......house is gone, and there is no possible way to claim the land, or damages, without also revealing grandma's dead....and opening themselves up to dozens of counts of theft and fraud....both State and federal crimes...ooops.

You don't have to be out in a cemetery digging up graves in the middle of the night to steal from the dead.