Political Compass Test + Zodiac

AppLeo

I'm really interested to see where people are at politically and I think this is a great test to figure it out. Tells us your three main signs too. I wonder if signs will have an impact.

Here's the link to the test: https://www.politicalcompass.org

I'm an Authoritarian Right with Leo Sun, Cap Rising, and Virgo Moon.

Right authoritarian.png

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

I always thought my own sign (Aquarius) is more to the left in the political spectrum. I read a thread on Taurus is the most "liberal" sign of the zodiac. Now these two signs are actually on the "right", yet are Libertarian. Huh.

AppLeo

I always thought my own sign (Aquarius) is more to the left in the political spectrum. I read a thread on Taurus is the most "liberal" sign of the zodiac. Now these two signs are actually on the "right", yet are Libertarian. Huh.

Taurus seems more conservative to me. It's an earthy, practical sign and also rather selfish. The right side is more concerned with one's own money and possessions. Taurus could be right authoritarian or right libertarian. Plus, a thread on a forum is not fact and that person could be making stuff up.

And I've thought about putting Aquarius on the left, but ultimately Aquarius is definitely libertarian. Aquarius can be the right or left; it doesn't matter. Ayn Rand, who is a famous Aquarian author, is highly right libertarian. Which makes a lot of sense because Aquarians want everyone to express who they are in their own unique way without restrictions of authority. The left side wants people to express themselves for other people or in a unity, which doesn't make sense for Aquarius. Aquarius sees everyone and themselves as an individual. Aquarius is also rebellious and tells authority to ***** off, so of course Aquarius would be libertarian instead of authoritarian.

Last edited:

craft94

Taurus seems more conservative to me. It's an earthy, practical sign and also rather selfish. The right side is more concerned with one's own money and possessions. Taurus could be right authoritarian or right libertarian. Plus, a thread on a forum is not fact and that person could be making stuff up.

And I've thought about putting Aquarius on the left, but ultimately Aquarius is definitely libertarian. Aquarius can be the right or left; it doesn't matter. Ayn Rand, who is a famous Aquarian author, is highly right libertarian. Which makes a lot of sense because Aquarians want everyone to express who they are in their own unique way without restrictions of authority. The left side wants people to express themselves for other people or in a unity, which doesn't make sense for Aquarius. Aquarius sees everyone and themselves as an individual. Aquarius is also rebellious and tells authority to ***** off, so of course Aquarius would be libertarian instead of authoritarian.
Karl Marx and Vladmir Lenin were both Taurus's. Just sayin'

Ralph

Karl Marx and Vladmir Lenin were both Taurus's. Just sayin'

In Karl Marx's day, conditions for the average worker were such that almost anyone alive today would consider them intolerable, and he decided that radical change to 'the system' was required as a remedy. If he came back to life today and took this test, it's hard to guess where he would land. Because these things are time and culture relative.

FWIW, I scored libertarian left.

I have Taurus sun, Cancer asc., Virgo moon.

CapAquaPis

Air signs have to hold the most progressive and radical ideas about politics and society, so I have to say many Libras and Geminis like Aquarians are comparably Libertarian in cultural matters. I came to notice Libra moon women are libertine in sexual or romantic relationships, Gemini is the sign of homosexuality (in some natal charts of Gay men, this is indicated) and Aquarius people are more open to unorthodox ways of expressing love for one another. Unless a Gemini or Libra can have economic "authoritarian" ideas, or social "libertarian" ideas, I don't know where Aquarius is exactly in economic matters, but I'm an Aquarian and strongly social libertarian.

craft94

15936001_1837437819836274_158429932_n.jpg

I took the test, but I don't know how accurate it is. If I could answer the questions in my own words rather than "yes" or "no" it would be a lot different.

Attachments

• politicalcompasstest.jpg
    politicalcompasstest.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 18

demetraceres

I know I'm Libertarian Left without the test and I know App Leo is Authoritarian Right because of Bernie Sanders debate.

But astrologically it's not so simple. I'm Aries Sun and Aries Ascendant - that's logical, but I don't know how do strong Taurus and Cancer fit in. This signs both seem conservative to me.

Attachments

• chart (1).png
    chart (1).png
    17.2 KB · Views: 23

craft94

I know I'm Libertarian Left without the test and I know App Leo is Authoritarian Right because of Bernie Sanders debate.

But astrologically it's not so simple. I'm Aries Sun and Aries Ascendant - that's logical, but I don't know how do strong Taurus and Cancer fit in. This signs both seem conservative to me.
I don't think Taurus is necessarily "conservative" in the political sense. I think astrology influences political views in a more subtle way, along with your environment, and life experiences. Cancer is one of the most subjective, emotionally driven signs, so whatever they experience will affect their views to a large extent. Taurus will generally be stubborn about what they believe, but the beliefs could be anything. The belief could be anything but Taurus as a sign (not Sun) is very concerned with the environment
and material well being; so I would imagine a focus on class and economics, or environmentalism . Jill Stein of the Green Party (libertarian left according to the political compass) is a Taurus Sun.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

I believe the USA being formed under Cancer (July 4, 1776), we're pretty much a majority fiscal conservative, but equally social liberal country. The tendency for American voters to believe in things like "Gays should marry, but the poor need to get a job", they are typical of Cancers wanting to stay away from the extremes. The USA is more conservative or right-wing than Europe or Canada, then I'm sure as a developed country, we're more liberal or left-wing than third world nations, or we're a free society compared to Saudi Arabia or North Korea.