Help regarding the sun-sign

ScorpioLibraCancer

Hey, I am a Libra (10th house). I was checking up on my elements and I just realized my only Air-element is my Libra sun.

Would you say that I kind of have weak air, or what (I do have my mercury and saturn in Air houses)

I also have a complete absense of fire(except for having my pluto in the first house)

greybeard

As usual, if you want to talk about a chart please post it along with your questions.

Astrologers work from the chart.

A Tenth House Sun is not without power. You have Air in your chart. With only one planet in Air and none in Fire, you have a very powerful preponderance of Feminine signs.

With No Fire, there is a negative preponderance of Fire.
You tend to insert yourself at the core of any given situation in order to gain control. The nature is actually rather timid, which may be hidden behind a cocksure mask.
You are called upon to develop a proper sense of self-responsibiity.
You attitude toward intimates and relationships is ambivalent, uncertain, insecure.

Signs are what count for assessing preponderance (of Elements and Qualities).
Houses and signs are not the same.
Assess preponderance by house separately.

A proper evaluation can be done only with "chart in hand". Post it.

In general, it doesn't matter too much if you only have one planet in an Element or Quality; the Element or Quality is present in your makeup. What is of particular interest is whether there is a strong imbalance...either many or none.

Here is what I use in assessing Preponderance (preponderance is very important):

Elements -- 4 or more in one Element (with no other Element of equal weight).
Qualities -- 5 or more in one Quality.
Houses by Cross (Angular, Suceedent, Cadent), 5 or more.
Houses by Triad -- 4 or more
Retrogradation -- 5 or more (I often consider 4 as sufficient). Also notice whether all the planets (Sun & Moon excluded) in any one mundane hemisphere are retrograde, as this provides special significance (East, West, Above the horizon, Below the horizon).
Aspect -- When one aspect type is represented by half-again as many instances as any other aspect.

My own chart contains 5 planets in Air, with 4 in Earth (one Fire, No Water). You could say that Earth along with Air is preponderant. But it is Air which carries much more weight: for one thing, Air contains both Lights -- apart from the simple numbers. There is a grand trine in Air, and an exceptionally powerful T-square in Fixed signs with the focal point in Earth. A T-square brings "a crisis" to a focus, is highly dynamic...so Earth is also prominent and powerful along with Air. But Earth is where we find the "crisis".

In this same chart there is a preponderance of suceedent houses and also of moksha houses (the 4th House triad). We can see through this example that by keeping signs and houses separate we can attain a higher delineative refinement.

There are also, in my chart, other preponderances (by retrogradation and by aspect type) that further condition the native.

We can, by examining preponderance in a chart, quite often compile a dossier on the native before ever examining any particular planet, aspect formation or other more-or-less specific factor in the chart. Preponderance, like chart pattern (and some other factors) is dominant in the chart (and in the person it represents) and the individual planets and their mode of operation are subservient to these fundamental determinants.

When a chart contains many preponderances (as my chart does) the native and his/her life is highly conditioned. In the frequent cases where no preponderance is present, the native is relatively "unconditioned" and the level of "freedom" is high.

Here is the dictionary definition of "condition":
con·di·tion [kuhn-dish-uhn]
noun
1. a particular mode of being of a person or thing; existing state; situation with respect to circumstances.
2. state of health: He was reported to be in critical condition.
3. fit or requisite state: to be out of condition; to be in no condition to run.
4. social position: in a lowly condition.
5. a restricting, limiting, or modifying circumstance: It can happen only under certain conditions.

In definition 1, the "situation with respect to circumstances" is most clearly shown when there is preponderance by house. Houses deal with "surrounding and immediate circumstances". I used "conditioned" and "unconditioned" above with definition 5 in mind. Where a preponderance occurs, the native is given a special gift (definition 1), but that gift brings with it restrictions and limitations.

[Absence]

Last edited:

ScorpioLibraCancer

Thanks for the explanation and answer. I totally forgot my chart, here it is:

m74Bki4.gif

serafin5

Thanks for the explanation and answer. I totally forgot my chart, here it is:

m74Bki4.gif

Boy oh boy you are almost all water Signs all the way! However, your chart is a bit difficult to read, it's a bit blurry. At www.astro.com you can have your natal chart done there as well and much clearer to read. This site is mostly used here by the way.:biggrin:

Thanks in advance.....
S5

greybeard

Agree with Serafin5...This chart does not contain needed info, is visually unclear.

Recommended source for charts is www.astro.com -- their charts are known to be reliable (accurate), while many other sites produce questionable ones. They also offer a wide variety of chart types (progressions, returns, etc).

Go to astro.com, Click on "Free Horoscopes" [upper left hand column], then Click "Horoscope Drawings and Calculations", then "Chart Drawing, Ascendant"....Voila. Enter your data.

Also available on astro.com is their astodata section, containing thousands of charts of well-known people with each chart graded for reliabiity of birth data. Very good place to mine horoscopes for study.

Your chart seems to feature the Scorpio stellium intercepted in the 12th. Seven planets in Water, including a grand trine. The pattern is a Seesaw type with the Moon-Mars conjunction set off against the other 8 planets, West to East. The partile Moon-Uranus opposition is a key to the chart. Mars is lord of Scorpio and in his fall while coupled with his dispositor Moon, essentialy dignified.

There is also a partile conjunction of Venus and Jupiter. Jupiter seems to be lord of the horoscope (Sagittarius rising).

Sun is elevated (he "stands above all else"). But he is without major aspect, beholding only the inconjunction (quincunx) to Saturn. Pluto is rising and closely conjunct the Ascendant.

Six planets are in moksha (4th angle triad) houses, a preponderance.
The chart is devoid of squares, a negative preponderance.
Five planets are in Cardinal signs, including the critical Moon-Uranus opposition, both Lights and the lord of the critical stellium. This is a preponderance by Quality (Mode).

Last edited:

kimbermoon

It seems likely that your heavy water energies likely overwhelm all the other energies and this results in internal confusion, creating an imbalance that results in conflicts, or confusion in your outer experiences and relationships with others. As such you are highly sensitive and receptive, but dominated by you emotions, and this may well need correction in order to attain a proper balance.
Air=socializing, the intellect and Mind, communications; a lack of this element can denote difficulty or awkwardness in social situations; it could also relate to learning difficulties making early education problematic. In your communications with others you can cause confusion or misunderstanding. Lack of fire can make you lazy in developing your mind since Fire provides the impetus and motivation to act. You also lack the inspiration to step outside of your personal boundaries. Overall, the weakness of these energies [also Earth] causes imbalance within, as the energies compete for expression; your emotions may block access to putting these energies into action and in turn this will create imbalance in your external social and mental connections. The dominance of water and earth in your chart shows you are likely shy and inhibited, more of an introvert by nature. Do you suffer from social anxiety?

ScorpioLibraCancer

Kimbermoon: Well, I do hate being in crowded places, at the mall, etc. But I wouldn't say that I suffer that much from social anxiety.

The thing about people misunderstanding me is quite right, haha.

JUPITERASC

Just a caveat....
Blacking out your birth data does not hide it.

A particular horoscope fits only one time and place.
That's exactly why 'Celebrity Mystery Charts' are no mystery :smile:

however

since one is unlikely to have been the only newborn at any particular time and place/city
then obscuring birth data does have the distinct advantage of keeping name and surname private

I know that, greybeard. I'm just paranoid about people (that I know in real life) finding out who I am.
You are far from 'paranoid' ScorpioLibraCancer,
you are simply practical
- after all the forum rules
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/faq.php highlight the fact that:

Astrological data are highly sensitive. We therefore ask you to take the protection of personal data of third persons very seriously. If you wish to post the chart of a person known to you, you must have their permission to do so or anonymize the name and all birth / personal data. If this is not the case, please refrain from posting this chart.

Please know that you should take your own risks if you decide to trust someone else with their astrological services, as this forum does not undertake any responsibility for any astrological services, especially those offered against a fee, via this forum in any form: through public forums or chat, private messages or emails.

Also remember that this is a public forum,
indexed by search engines
(Google, for instance),
so basically everything you post here
is not only viewable by any other person,
but it also can be retrieved by a simple internet search