Baby birth

waybread

Was the 31st an option? This was my next-best choice.

But look, your little angel will be super no matter what you do. With the moon in Aries, perhaps a feisty little angel!

And please let us know the birth time and how everything went for you!

miquar

Hi. Given that the angles are moving too quickly to choose, the main consideration is that the Moon is involved with the Jupiter Uranus Pluto T square from quite early in the morning of the 3rd until the early hours of the 4th.

Apart from this, the Moon doesn't seem to making any major aspects to any of the planets normally used during the 3rd or 4th of Feb, except for the opposition to Mars in Libra which is exact at about 17:30 (your time) on the 4th. There is the sextile to the Sun earlier on the 4th, but this is exact in the middle of the night between these two days.

So its Moon in the T square on the 3rd, or Moon opposite Mars on the 4th. Its going to be in Aries whatever, like its sibling's Sun. I'd probably choose the 4th, and leave Venus to take care of the T square! Moon in Aries can hold its own against Mars in Libra - its not like its Moon in Cancer getting pummelled by Mars in Capricorn.

At around 3pm on the 4th, Neptune is conjunct the Sun/Moon midpoint, which echoes the family Pisces theme.

There's at least one personal planet in each element on both these days, which I think is to be welcomed.

But don't worry if you have to go for the 3rd - the Moon is very adaptable when raised in a loving environment.

Best of luck

miquar

Having just read Waybread's post, I looked at the 31st. Moon in Aquarius, probably trine Mars and square Saturn. Fine, but no personal planets in fire, and I my eye keeps drifting back to Sun conjunct the Chiron/Pluto midpoint, which could also be fine. The Sun doesn't seem to making any major aspects throughout this whole period, apart from the New Moon on the 30th and the sextile to Uranus which is getting wide by the 31st (if you count that as a major aspect).

I'd personally choose the 4th. I think I'm swayed by the fact that while Moon in fire is restless, it is probably happier in fire than in air.

I think your gut feeling will lead you in the end, largely because rational choices need full data, and who's to know where each of these possible charts will lead. I always think these kinds of things are predestined anyway. Both my kids were induced with no use of astrology to elect a time, and their charts are incredibly similar to their mothers' charts.

Also, if you go for the 4th and the baby is supposed to be born earlier, it has the opportunity to do a bit of re-scheduling off its own bat. There's a new Moon in Aquarius sextile Uranus on the 30th - just the ingredients for a surprise entrance!

vk1

Thanks so much again, Miquar and waybread.
I went with 4th, given you both seem to agree on it. In this scenario, baby would be born mid day to evening time frame is the guess.

Will keep you posted once the baby is born.

Thanks and God Bless,

vk1

...... that would also be a very good combination with the natal Sun and also the last days -up to the 4th- with the Moon in Aries that would imply a kind of a spiritual communication with the sibling... BUT in these last days a very challenging aspect occurs between the Sun and the Saturn which entails many difficulties during the first years of someone's life (and also many rewards later but, again, this is something you need to know).

Hi All,

Just FYI no baby yet! Looks like the 4th now, though I am nervous. I feel like I am never ready! keep you posted..

btw, I looked at Billsim's post(copy paste from his message above). What is the sun/saturn issue he mentions on the 4th? thank you

miquar

Hi. I think it must be a mistake. There is a Moon Saturn quincunx during the afternoon, but as with the likely Moon Mars opposition, I think that the inherent self-sufficiency of Moon in Aries will thrive off the energy of this aspect rather than the Moon becoming a source of suffering. Will be a wilful critter though, especially with the Aquarius Sun and the Grand Cross.

vk1

Thank you, Miquar!
Doctor seems to be ok with even the 5th feb. But we are going on the 4th based on your help. much appreciated again/

Hi. I think it must be a mistake. There is a Moon Saturn quincunx during the afternoon, but as with the likely Moon Mars opposition, I think that the inherent self-sufficiency of Moon in Aries will thrive off the energy of this aspect rather than the Moon becoming a source of suffering. Will be a wilful critter though, especially with the Aquarius Sun and the Grand Cross.

billsim92

What i said about the Sun-Saturn aspect (square) is not a mistake... Perhaps I didn't put it correctly or I didn't make myself clear. This doesn't refer only to the 4th (actually it is an aspect that becomes "perfect" some days later -at 10th or 11th I think- but starts to be evident as the Sun moves in the sign of Aquarius). Saturn is in about the 23rd degree of Scorpio which means that forms a square aspect with the Sun in Aquarius. Of course it won't be that strong at the 4th but it will still be there and if we also consider the progressions it will influence the life of the baby during its first years with a Saturnian "flavour". I never said that this is something to make you worry about -it makes a very strong disciplined and wise person and maybe capable of greater things than an average person but it also entails delays in the first years of life as well as a low self-esteem that gradually grows. We could say generally that the second half of life will be better and more relaxed and somehow compensates the hardness that may occur in the first half. For more Information about this aspect visit the following link. I think it offers a good description of what this aspect means and in which ways it could manifest.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/sunsaturnaspects.html

billsim92

I totally agree with you waybread! Everything happens for a reason -there are no bad aspects at all, maybe some easier and some more difficult. Besides that is what I said to vk1 already from my first post.

greybeard

A horoscopic chart is composed of aspects.

The horoscopic chart portrays a life.

Some lives can be seen as "good", while others would be called "bad" by most folks.

I would find it difficult to characterize the life of Charles Manson, or his innocent victims, as "good". It's really hard for me to see the life of a little 9 year old girl sold into prostitution in some South Asian slum as "good".

Life is not an abstract philosophical question when you're down in the trenches. And the aspects are what make a life what it is.

UNOIT

Regarding the planning of a birth time - I think that you will find that you cannot alter what is meant to happen. It may appear that you have a choice - but the way things work - the doctors schedule - the availability of staff and procedures, any change in your condition, etc - is beyond anyone's control. If you believe in karma - then your baby will born born at the precise time that she/he is 'supposed' to be born. Perhaps the way to go is to ask the doctor what is the most convenient time for her. Best wishes to you and your family

waybread

I don't know what the men's experiences of hospital surgeries and childbirth has been, but you really can't plan a baby's birth down to the moment-- Unless somehow you got the obstetrician to agree to a C-section for a "designer baby."

And this would become a form of eugenics.

An induced labour can go fast or slow. Vk1 can show up on time at the hospital for her "appointment" only to have to wait if it's a busy day at the hospital, notably for moms going into labour through normal means. Maybe the doctor has had to prioritize an emergency.

Nobody is saying that a mass murder or child prostitution is somehow "good."

We are reassuring an expectant mom that even if her little sweetheart is born with a moon in Aries or what-have-you, it will turn out just fine. Because the most important gift one can give one's child is unconditional love, not a paint-by-numbers horoscope.

vk1

Regarding the planning of a birth time - I think that you will find that you cannot alter what is meant to happen. It may appear that you have a choice - but the way things work - the doctors schedule - the availability of staff and procedures, any change in your condition, etc - is beyond anyone's control. If you believe in karma - then your baby will born born at the precise time that she/he is 'supposed' to be born. Perhaps the way to go is to ask the doctor what is the most convenient time for her. Best wishes to you and your family

Thanks, UNOIT!
I have thought about this and even talked to a Hindu friend, who strongly believes in Karma! If whatever happens, is what is supposed to happen then - is there no free will? I know there's no answer to this question scientifically, but may be some of you well versed in astrology just 'know'. thanks again,

waybread

vk1, I think that a horoscope will express itself in some fashion. But that we do have choices as to what that expression looks like.

Consider that any planet or sensitive point in a chart has a positive or negative expression. Mars in Aries is going to behave like Mars in Aries, not like Mars in Libra. But the Aries Mars person has some choice about whether simply to be a more assertive, aggressive personality; a competitive athlete; or a soldier. Each of these 3 outcomes would be a manifestation of a strong Mars in a horoscope.

I've been practicing choice-centered astrology in my own life now, for some years.

The analogy I would draw is that I was born female, into an American middle-class urban 2-parent family, with parents who valued education (to a fault, I might add!) I have blue eyes and white skin. I was born in a given year, which makes me a certain age now. These are things I cannot change. (Even if I were to renounce that citizenship or have a gender-reassignment, I cannot change growing up with my birth circumstance experiences, or turn back the clock.)

I have a lot of choice, however, in terms of how I express being female, American, and so on.

I think astrology works much the same way. It is fatalistic only to people who strongly believe in fatalism. Then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

vk1

Thanks for explaining, waybread!

..very practical use of astrology. I can certainly live with this and can hope to make the best of what I have. Not having any control and leaving it to destiny seems harder for me.

as I write this, my bags are ready and appointment scheduled at 12:15 AM tonight for the baby to be induced.

vk1, I think that a horoscope will express itself in some fashion. But that we do have choices as to what that expression looks like.

Consider that any planet or sensitive point in a chart has a positive or negative expression. Mars in Aries is going to behave like Mars in Aries, not like Mars in Libra. But the Aries Mars person has some choice about whether simply to be a more assertive, aggressive personality; a competitive athlete; or a soldier. Each of these 3 outcomes would be a manifestation of a strong Mars in a horoscope.

I've been practicing choice-centered astrology in my own life now, for some years.

The analogy I would draw is that I was born female, into an American middle-class urban 2-parent family, with parents who valued education (to a fault, I might add!) I have blue eyes and white skin. I was born in a given year, which makes me a certain age now. These are things I cannot change. (Even if I were to renounce that citizenship or have a gender-reassignment, I cannot change growing up with my birth circumstance experiences, or turn back the clock.)

I have a lot of choice, however, in terms of how I express being female, American, and so on.

I think astrology works much the same way. It is fatalistic only to people who strongly believe in fatalism. Then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Thanks, UNOIT!
I have thought about this and even talked to a Hindu friend, who strongly believes in Karma! ...

The word karma = action

actions have consequences
:smile:

....If whatever happens, is what is supposed to happen then - is there no free will? I know there's no answer to this question scientifically, but may be some of you well versed in astrology just 'know'. thanks agai
karma/action is ultimately based on an individual's choices

Everyone has a choice regarding their actions

'actions' have 'consequences'

consulting an astrologer is an action

Karma = consequence
People make choices
Those choices necessarily have consequences

It's not possible to predict all the consequences of an action
There are billions of human beings
Trillions of Trillions of actions
and uncountable Trillions of consequences
and combinations of consequences
keep in mind also that actions
also known as karmas
may have unpredictable/unforeseeable consequences
due to interaction with the actions of others

Karma is neither 'reward' nor 'punishment' but simply A CONSEQUENCE of an action.

Our allegedly 'powerless situation' is inherited from past actions
those past actions caused by ourselves

"I am the owner of my karma .
I inherit my karma.
I am born of my karma.
I am related to my karma.
I live supported by my karma....
Whatever karma I create,

whether good or evil,

that I shall inherit."

The Buddha

Anguttara Nikaya V.57 - Upajjhatthana Sutta

1465381_472420296200552_1108331275_n.jpg

miquar

CONGRATULATIONS!

Neptune would need to be in that part of a fixed sign rather than a mutable to be significantly aspected to the Sun/Moon midpoint - I was using a 30 degree graphic ephemeris and must have got confused about the signs. But some people really struggle with that contact.

One thing that occurs to me about the synchronicity around this birth is that I didn't see the post in which you first mention the possibility of the 5th of Feb until you had already posted to say you were off to the hospital. I would have suggested that you consider going for the 5th of Feb because the Moon moves into Taurus and sextiles the Mercury Neptune conjunction. Its not that the 5th Feb aspects are better than those for the 4th. One advantage of the 5th is the excellent element balance, which is very rare. On the 5th there was a lack of fire, which could be noticeable given that the Sun is in Aquarius and making only wide aspects, Saturn is in the 5th house, and Mars is in Libra.

Its a very dynamic chart. Because all of the trines are very wide, one of the strongest themes is the predominance of dynamic aspects compared to flowing aspects. Perhaps this is one of the most important things to consider as you nurture your son into adulthood. Dynamic charts show ability to achieve much in terms of personal growth and worldly success, but conscious effort is needed to get all of the energies working together. Since so much projection occurs in early life, you can model positive ways of integrating the functions which are in dynamic aspect to one another.

Jupiter rising in Cancer is a lovely placement to have, and it puts the other t square planets in angular houses too. This is good, because it helps the energies of the t square to be expressed in the dynamic way that suits this type of configuration. Try to get him to embrace his Venus Pluto energy, and to find increasingly rewarding ways to live it. This will help him to get more out of relationships as he gets older.

As Billsim92 noticed, the Sun had arrived within a wide square to Saturn by the 4th. Interestingly, this aspect will be exact by secondary progression around the age of 7. This is always a significant time in a child's life, and if you want to read more about this then Rudolph Steiner and Bruno Bettelheim are both very insightful. It is always a significant age because transiting Saturn squares its natal position, and the progressed Moon squares its natal position also. In your son's case, the progressed Sun will also square natal Saturn, and transiting Saturn will conjunct the progressed Sun. So a very important time ripe with the potential to get him in touch with that widely aspected 8th house Aquarian Sun. Around this time, transiting Uranus may also be in semisquare and sesquiquadrate aspects to the t square planets.

With regard to the Sun, you could reflect on the strength of yours and the father's sense of identity - perhaps especially the father. By allowing yourselves to shine as individuals, you act as role models for your son's own ability to shine his unique light into the world.

He will also need to feel safe to express emotions as they arise, though of course he'll need the usual guidance and boundaries.

There may be lots of questions about spirituality and religion at some point. This will probably be an important feature in his life in one way or another due to the 9th house emphasis which involves Pisces and Neptune. His mind will be drawn to the bigger picture always, and he will tend to organise his thoughts in terms of some spiritual perspective. Although it doesn't show up on the chart, Chiron offers a flowing channel for the release of the tension inherent in Jupiter opposite Venus Pluto. There is a sense that he will be keen to use his dynamic energy to help others in accord with some kind of religious/spiritual belief, especially since the trine is to the first house Jupiter. Jupiter and asc are both ruled by Moon in Aries, which instinctively seeks a cause to fight for.

All in all, he has the markings of a very creative individual who will make a big difference to the lives of many of the people he comes into contact with.