Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

Have you observed differences between north node and south node eclipses yet?
Eclipses have been significant in my life a few times but not able to parse a pattern as yet.
I’m curious about this one as have Sag rising this SR.

I've never particularly trained my attention toward the effects of eclipses so I don't have any personal insight to share. This upcoming period would be a good learning opportunity, though.

conspiracy theorist

Depends on what you're looking for. I've seen people extoll his Book 4 as a good text, and then I've already introduced you to Magic Without Tears. You could do some investigation into the Thelemites, and have a look at what they say about him and how to approach his texts.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
You notice eclipses more when s*it goes down. I remember the fallout from one eclipse in particular, August 2017, but have no insight on why it hit me intensely and not others. It was a big one that people traveled to see.

Do you live in the zone where it was total?

Eclipses hit you strongest if they're fully visible where you live.

Did it happen on a sensitive point in your chart? That's the other factor in eclipses particularly affecting you. If the others who weren't hit so strongly (as far as you know) don't have any placements in the last 3 degrees of a fixed sign or first 3 degrees of a mutable sign, and you do, then of course you would be the one affected.

Another possible factor is your profections at that time. If your Leo house was profected, or if you had Sun or Moon as your time lord--or Mars, that being the closest planet to that eclipse--then it would've hit you even stronger.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Osamenor, my residence wasn’t in the 100% visibility path - 75% - but I’d traveled to a place that was like 90+% visibility.
It shouldn’t have been a sensitive point, not even exactly conjunct a house cusp, no natal planet there, and only supportive angles to natal planets and positions. No progressed planet there either and the closest aspect was an inconjunct to progressed Sun-Mars. Progressed moon was conjunct natal Saturn for several months around then, but it was a solar eclipse?

A solar eclipse is a new moon on steroids. Double spotlight on wherever it lands in your chart, moon and sun both emphasized. And whenever there's a solar eclipse, the full moon of that cycle is a lunar eclipse, which is a full moon on steroids. You don't see the lunar eclipse if it happens during daylight hours where you live, but it's still happening.

Do you know what your profected sign and your time lord right then were?

conspiracy theorist

You notice eclipses more when s*it goes down. I remember the fallout from one eclipse in particular, August 2017, but have no insight on why it hit me intensely and not others. It was a big one that people traveled to see.

Intense. I could do some astro legerdemain to figure out what was going on, but I assume you don't want that level of prying for something that you've probably come to terms with already. Was the eclipse an exact hit on the planet that I'm thinking about?

conspiracy theorist

I just checked the actual degree of the eclipse - 3° from ASC and 2° from ASC ruler and final dispositor of the chart. Actually, I'm thinking I know what that indicates... hopefully I hit the target.