scorpio stereotypes

Therese

hi Horus,

thanks for the correction. I picked Rommel because he was the only person I found in power at the time who was a scorpio. But you are right, he was actually a good person living in evil times.

Apart from Charles Manson, I did not really manage to find anyone who was a scorpio and a terrible danger to others, but I admit I spent only a few days on it. By the way, why does Manson seem to get more attention than some other, and probably more horrible serial killers, like Jeffrey Dahmer, Albert Fish or Ted Bundy? Just wondering.

It's interesting that you feel more like a sagittarius :) personally, I could not really pick a sign that I can identify with. My stellium is in the 5th house, in Scorpio, and I am pretty obsessive about writing. Until I met my husband, and we started to discover the world together and then have our daughter, I could not even imagine there was anything else worth living for than writing, lol. Big kudos to them! :D

The Sun is the ego and essential purpose and Scorpio's basic function is to process the Shadow -- "digging deep" (it is an emotionally deep sign) into the nether regions of the subconscious mind, the so-called 'dark side', and such may manifest as an inclination or fascination with dark things.
Yes, this is something I can relate to, during my first twenty years I used most of my energies to establish a constructive relation to the shadow - my own, and that of important others (family). I find it true what I read about Pluto, that its great lesson is letting go. But a lot of people think that "letting go" means simply turning our back on it. Maybe it works for some people, just leaving things where they are and turning their back on it or locking it up in the wardrobe and get on with their lives. It's not a workable approach for me. Personally, in order to let something go, I have to experience it as fully as I can, then reflect on it, and when I feel that I learnt from this experience, it is no longer "mine". It is sort of an experience shared by all humankind, I do not own it, and it does not own me. It's a part of reality, like the rain, the sun or the dust.

T.

Horus

Apart from Charles Manson, I did not really manage to find anyone who was a scorpio and a terrible danger to others, but I admit I spent only a few days on it. By the way, why does Manson seem to get more attention than some other, and probably more horrible serial killers, like Jeffrey Dahmer, Albert Fish or Ted Bundy? Just wondering.

Because he's responsible for the murder of a popular celebrity at the time, actress Sharon Tate, the pregnant wife of director Roman Polanski, so there's was a heck of lot of press just around that! He was also not operating alone, but controlling a cult, and his 'Helter Skelter' apocalyptic philosophy and music also impacted other musicians like Marilyn Manson. All of this distinguishes him from the others.

It's interesting that you feel more like a sagittarius :) personally, I could not really pick a sign that I can identify with.

I probably should have elaborated more on my choice for the word "feel". I only meant that in the context of the Moon being the emotional center of feelings. I identify with five signs in my chart, in different ways, to different degrees. Sag. definitely is one of the strongest within me, not just because of my Moon and ASC but I also have a stellium in the 9th house which magnifies typical Sagittarian interests in archaeology, history, metaphysics, foreign language and culture, travel, etc.

My stellium is in the 5th house, in Scorpio, and I am pretty obsessive about writing. Until I met my husband, and we started to discover the world together and then have our daughter, I could not even imagine there was anything else worth living for than writing, lol. Big kudos to them! :D

Yes, I see that! Five planets in the 5th -wow! And Jupiter in Leo in the 1st -I would say that Leo is one of your prominent signs, well its creative aspect for sure! That's so great -lucky you!

I'm an artist with Saturn in the 5th -now that's not so great...:pinched:

Yes, this is something I can relate to, during my first twenty years I used most of my energies to establish a constructive relation to the shadow - my own, and that of important others (family). I find it true what I read about Pluto, that its great lesson is letting go. But a lot of people think that "letting go" means simply turning our back on it. Maybe it works for some people, just leaving things where they are and turning their back on it or locking it up in the wardrobe and get on with their lives. It's not a workable approach for me. Personally, in order to let something go, I have to experience it as fully as I can, then reflect on it, and when I feel that I learnt from this experience, it is no longer "mine". It is sort of an experience shared by all humankind, I do not own it, and it does not own me. It's a part of reality, like the rain, the sun or the dust.

Yes I agree about the Plutonic release of letting go -it usually pertains to stagnant things, which have already been experienced, "used up", and are no longer vital or serving growth. Quite a different motive from abandonment or escape!

Scorpio's highest state is as a healer/transformer (which is what my 10th house Sun does as a hypnotherapist), which may involve this kind of release, and if one clings, then destruction! Volcanoes are associated with Scorpio/Pluto because they "destroy"-- clear the land around them, but in doing so, they make room for the new. Look at the devastation around Mt St Helens when it blew in 1980, yet afterwards, in all of that mineral-rich ash and pyroclastic material deposited in the surrounding landscape, life has taken root and flourishes in the wilderness there once again! :smile:

Therese

Hi Horus,

fifth house stellium or not, obsession and talent do not necessarily go hand in hand... being obsessed with writing does not mean that I have ever created anything of value, or that I ever will... and I even wonder whether anybody reads poetry anymore.... :( .

In any case, I wrote this with our discussion in mind:

Poem

a handful of rhymes
along the road -
the curve defines
a spirit-boat
without a sea...
stray Odyssey.

T.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,

When we talk of Scorpions (people), we are talking of people with their Sun in Scorpio. The Sun is the core or centre of the being. That is like the very basic fabric of the being. So, as a solar Aquarian, I am blessed with the basic fabric (which will always stay in me - being my core) of eccentricity (more than other sun signs) and independence a poor or distant emotional expression of the self. This is my inherent core.

In the same vein, if I were a Scorpio Sun, I, for sure have the basic inherent qualities (more than other signs) of fierce determination, depth, but also manipulation and vengeance. This would be the basic fabric or core of every Scorpio Sun. This means that the basic fabric, which imbibes the basic qualities (both the goods and the bads) that are associated with the 12 signs form the core of the human being.

The question is how much of a Scorpionism or Aquarianism one really lets out. Now that really depends on the rest of the chart, and the transits plus progressions at a given point in time. This is also the reason why not all Scorpions are not murderers or all Aquarians lunatics roaming around with multicoloured hairs and pierced eyelids.

:)AQ7

Horus

Hi,

When we talk of Scorpions (people), we are talking of people with their Sun in Scorpio. The Sun is the core or centre of the being. That is like the very basic fabric of the being. So, as a solar Aquarian, I am blessed with the basic fabric (which will always stay in me - being my core) of eccentricity (more than other sun signs) and independence a poor or distant emotional expression of the self. This is my inherent core.

In the same vein, if I were a Scorpio Sun, I, for sure have the basic inherent qualities (more than other signs) of fierce determination, depth, but also manipulation and vengeance. This would be the basic fabric or core of every Scorpio Sun. This means that the basic fabric, which imbibes the basic qualities (both the goods and the bads) that are associated with the 12 signs form the core of the human being.

The question is how much of a Scorpionism or Aquarianism one really lets out. Now that really depends on the rest of the chart, and the transits plus progressions at a given point in time. This is also the reason why not all Scorpions are not murderers or all Aquarians lunatics roaming around with multicoloured hairs and pierced eyelids.

I couldn't disagree more! This is erroneous Sunsign astrology, it continues the stereotyping denounced by the OP at the outset, and effectively insults every Scorpio on the planet as a base manipulator, whether they act out or not! :mad: That is NOT an essential Scorpio trait, any more than dishonesty is so for Gemini, or violence for Aries! Such may be present or it may not, depending on lots of other factors.

As for the Sun representing the "basic fabric of being", the Moon is just as important if not more so than the Sun. The Sun is the ego, will, and essential purpose, while the Moon is the soul and all-powerful subconscious mind which is the seat of emotions and memory bank -including those of past-lives(the south Lunar node being the karmic marker for the last one). When a person dies, their ego dies with the body, but some aspect of the Moon will continue on. When a person makes a decision, such as quitting smoking as a New Year's resolution, they utilize their Sun. Then when they find themselves smoking again despite their Solar decision, they come see me for Lunar reprogramming since it is that which holds the trump card! So its a gross error to discount the importance of the other luminary, and the rest of the chart for that matter. I dated an Aquarius whose Sun and Venus squared Pluto and she was more jealous and manipulative than any Scorpio I've known!

aquarius7000

Hi,

Horus, I am glad my post helped you vent your past bottled-up frustration and bitterness against your ex girlfriend. I hope you feel a little better now, a little more love for yourself.

The way the post has been attacked also is a good practical example of either a strong Mars or Pluto (in terms of aspects to personal planets), if the Sun or Moon is not in Scorpio. Such energy will not be played out by all with such constellations, although the proclivity is there, but some others will lash out when they feel (indirectly) addressed. Also, every sign is ruled by a planet and every planet has good and bad traits. Eccentricity is not a vice of the Taurean or Virgo or Sco energy, but it certainly has its place in the Aquarian energy, and that is the point I was trying to make. This does not mean that 1/12th of the world's population is eccentric in equal measure, but the proclivity is there more in an Aquarian (Sun and Moon).

Last edited:

Horus

Horus, I am glad my post helped you vent your past bottled-up frustration and bitterness against your ex girlfriend. I hope you feel a little better now, a little more love for yourself.

:) Now, now, no projection allowed! Your (insincere and scornful) "happiness" is misplaced, AQ7, for no venting occurred. I merely cited her -in one rather unemotional sentence- as an example of how one Sun can take on traits and attitudes stereotypically assigned of another sign through aspects and thus showing how Sunsign generalizations lead to erroneous conclusions and false perceptions.

And by the way, I have good friends who are Aquarians, I have no axe to grind on your sign and take people on a case-by-case basis.

The way the post has been attacked also is a good practical example of either a strong Mars or Pluto (in terms of aspects to personal planets), if the Sun or Moon is not in Scorpio. Such energy will not be played out by all with such constellations, although the proclivity is there, but some others will lash out when they feel (indirectly) addressed. Also, every sign is ruled by a planet and every planet has good and bad traits. Eccentricity is not a vice of the Taurean or Virgo or Sco energy, but it certainly has its place in the Aquarian energy, and that is the point I was trying to make. This does not mean that 1/12th of the world's population is eccentric in equal measure, but the proclivity is there more in an Aquarian (Sun and Moon).

I would agree with the latter point, to a certain degree. The matter of which traits bear such proclivity is where we are at odds, and truly -your post contained the slight, mine the defense -let's get the facts straight. If you had stepped into a thread about any other sign with such negative generalizations and effrontery, you would have been met with the same response -which doesn't necessitate Mars, Pluto or Scorpio placements. You slapped Scorpios in the face in a Scorpio thread, and a Scorpio is responding -there's no surprise about that nor great insight here about the "indirectly addressed" "lashing out" as you insinuate. Going into a biker bar and loudly insulting bikers will yield something similar! lol But speaking of attacks and examples, your post serves as a good example of how someone under the illusions and pitfalls of Sunsign astrology will attempt to pigeonhole and polarize the sunsigns square to their own.

Therese

hi all,

I was wondering a bit about the importance of the sun and the moon. After all, why is it that we apply stereotypes on each other based on our sun sign, and not, let's say, the moon sign, the ascendant or chart pattern, etc. Is it only because it is the giver of life on earth? Or is it also because it blinds us when we look into it, so much so that for a while we cannot see anything else? Most of life needs light to exist, but as far as I know, none can exist without water (ruled by the Moon). It is less visible, and yet, it permeates everything.

In Chinese mythology, for example, there were ten suns, and they had a ten-day week, so each day was ruled by a different sun. However, one day they decided to rise together at the same time, and the heat became so bad that all life started to die, but the suns refused to go back to the routine. Then came Houyi, the god of archery, the husband of the Moon, and killed nine out of ten. Houyi became the hero of humankind and saviour of life, but he also earned the anger of the gods for killing nine of their own.

As for (stereotypical aquarian) eccentricity, I have no planet in Aquarius, and yet, everybody who knows me tells me that I am an "odd one out". My mother used to say that I am "the pliers among the hammers". It is not so much about conscious rebelliousness, my sun is scorpio, my moon is virgo, my asc is cancer, none of them likes to attract too much attention, so in social situations i like to keep to myself what I think / feel / see, and I usually dress to mingle. And yet, most of the time I just cannot avoid being noticed. If one day everybody woke up wearing blue, you bet I would be accidentaly wearing green, lol :D

Uranus is quintile my moon, conjunct my mercury and venus, square jupiter, sextile with saturn, inconjunct neptune and pluto, opposite chiron, trine my asc and sesquisquare my mc. It is probably the most active planet in my chart, though it is true it looks like a busy marketplace, if I count well, none of my planets has less than five "interactions".

T.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,
.... was wondering a bit about the importance of the sun and the moon. After all, why is it that we apply stereotypes on each other based on our sun sign, and not, let's say, the moon sign, the ascendent or chart pattern, etc. Is it only because it is the giver of life on earth? ....
Certainly the Sun is considered the giver of life and is a very important element, just like the Moon. Astrologically speaking, they are two poles (literally day and night) where life and the astro-story of each native begins. Consider the two the foetus' heart and soul. The rest of the baby begins to take shape more and more only later (through other planets, astrologically speaking).

In Western Astrology, the Sun is the focus, hence Sun sign astrology has come into being, to put this very plainly and in simple terms. The mistake that we make is putting all solar or lunar or those with more of a typical energy in one basket and saying all Aquarians (using the description I gave in the previous sentence.. so not just solar Aquarians)are cold, detached and eccentric. That being said, these are traits for sure present in all those natives that have more pronounced Aquarian energy (again either through the luminaries or other planetary stelliums in Aquarius), but it may:

a) be more dormant in some, whilst more integrated and active in others

b) and, it may come out at different stages/ages/circumstances in life.. often the reason being that that underlying, basic Aquarian fabric (natal constellations as explained) gets triggered/activated by certain transits and progressions. The timing of that and circumstances surrounding one are seldom identical for any two pronounced-Aquarian-energy indiviudals (not just solar or even lunar Aquas)

c) even if point b) above for two individuals were more or less identical, still two individuals will not be equally Aquarian, since other constellations in the chart will not be identical in both their natal charts. Person 1) with Sun and Moon in Aqua may have, just to name one constellation, Nep opp their Aqua Sun (which will dissolve that Aqua energy to quite an extent). Person 2) also with Sun and Moon in Aqua may have Mars opposing their Sun, which will aggravagate that Aquarian energy, hence it will come out more readily.. I could go on, but I think the point is made..

..As for (stereotypical aquarian) eccentricity, I have no planet in Aquarius, and yet, everybody who knows me tells me that I am an "odd one out"...
Reason 1) for the above in quotes can be taken from point c) in my explanation above

Reason 2) for the above in quotes has been given by the poster herself:
"Uranus is quintile my moon, conjunct my mercury and venus, square jupiter, sextile with saturn, inconjunct neptune and pluto, opposite chiron, trine my asc and sesquisquare my mc. It is probably the most active planet in my chart...."

Even if in the chart Uranus were not that active, and Therese, in any case, says that she is without any planetary placements in Aquarius, still, if Mars were quite active, that too could come close to Aquarian energy and ways, as it makes one bold and brazen, and a do-my-own-thing, and have-my-own-way individual.

One mistake that we make, as I said at the beginning of this post, is putting all those with pronounce Aquarian energy in one basket

and

the second mistake we (some) make (and this is going to frustrate some now) is too readily identifying ourselves with the negative that has been said about a particular sign. To make this clear, I have some Aquarian energy, I know that I often dance to a different tune compared to the others at my workplace (my Aquarian planets are in the 6th house). I do know that I have the potential, why even do, emotionally pull myself away and too much one-to-one display of emotions make me quite uncomfortable. In certain situations, and at certain times, I have even simply withdrawn myself.. or generalised things too much. FACT is the Aquarian coin (and that energy is in me - my basic fabric) has detachment, emotional coolness, and eccentricity, if you so will, as one side of the coin. Or, in other words, these (less-positive) traits are assigned to the sign of Aquarius; just like the more positive traits of independence, friendliness, etc make up the positive side of the sign of Aquarius. Why fight the negatives then? They are certainly there. And, I happen to possess the energy of that sign = I possess both the negative and positive traits that energy brings along with itself. Same goes for the sign and energy of Scorpio (positives: depth, loyalty; less-positve: manipulation.. ). However, not every Aquarius-energy bearing person is equally eccentric or even lives out actively their need for emotional space; or every Scorpio-energy bearing person equally manipulative or vengeant. With some you will hardly notice it. But the second mistake is that we fight the moment we hear the negatives because we (feel we) identify ourselves with it. Again, why howl everytimes the negatives of the sign of Scorpio or Aquarius are mentioned. The negative energy is certainly also there. We are describing that particular type of energy, not me as (one in a billion) indivudual. I am much more than just the Aquarian energy I possess. I could again go on, but I think the point is made (or so I really hope).

Blackbird

One stereotype from my own experience is that scorpios are very deep communicators always reaching out for deep, meaningful relationships and that hate gossip. Not at all true with my particular experience. I've got a neighbour (female near her 40s). I know her for like 14 years and she used to (and still does) spent quite a lot time with my mum when she's home. The thing is, I rarely dislike someone wholeheartedly, but this woman I hate hate hate... Her tongue is like razor-blades and she is a real word b**ch - the nastiest, sneakiest gossiper I've ever met in my life which even seems to take pride in her dirty talk... Since my early teenage years she used to call me anorexic and even dystrophic (and it's weird, because this disease has nothing to do with being skinny) for no particular reason. And that hurt me quite a lot, because I wasn't THAT skinny, I was just a normal little girl, a bit taller than my average peer. I've been attacked nearly everytime I approached her. Maybe in this nasty and unmature way she tried to compansate the guilt that she felt for her daugher (and my friend), which has always been a bit overweight... Don't know. But wheter the case, it doesn't give you the right to talk nasty things about the people you envy.

To conclude - take care of yourself and stay away from toxic gossipers (scorpio or not)!

Last edited:

Therese

Hi aquarius7000,

I would not equate "different" with "bold and brazen". I spent most of my childhood in a (socialist) country where individuality and eccentricity was definitely not encouraged. It was something they wanted you to feel ashamed of, not proud of.*

Why is it impossible to be "eccentric" and empathic, to be independent and at the same time feel with others? I am not sure I would equate avoidance with independence, either. Someone who avoids emotional involvement will certainly seem independent, but I don't think you have to lack empathy or intimate emotional involvement with others to be an autonomous human being.

I consider vengeance and manipulation mostly a learnt behaviour, like alcoholism or physical abuse. In countries where vendetta is an accepted social behaviour, I am pretty sure not only Scorpios engage in it, otherwise these countries must have a very specific population.

btw, I am not sure how manipulation comes into the picture, I thought that stereotype was about Libras...

T.

-----

* However, the situation was not very bad, definitely not as bad as in East Germany - I was quite shocked when I read this the other day, for example:
After the Allies liberated Nazi concentration camps, the Soviets reopened them. Sachsenhausen was renamed Special Camp Number 7; Buchenwald became Special Camp Number 2. East German camps held children for crimes like having made faces during a lecture on Stalin.
http://theamericanscholar.org/totalitarianism-in-practice/#.UYY_u0pYAaU

aquarius7000

Hi,
Hi aquarius7000,

I would not equate "different" with "bold and brazen". I spent most of my childhood in a (socialist) country where individuality and eccentricity was definitely not encouraged. It was something they wanted you to feel ashamed of, not proud of.*
Hi Therese, I agree with you that different is not = bold and brazen. However, it often takes a certain amount of boldness to be different. Mars lends that. Mars in that respect is similar to Uranus, and that is the point I was trying to make. I do not know you personally. I only have my interpretation of what you wrote and my own astrological knowledge. I tried to equate the two and share what I know in that long post (apologies for its length).

Why is it impossible to be "eccentric" and empathic, to be independent and at the same time feel with others? I am not sure I would equate avoidance with independence, either.
Again, I agree with you: it is certainly not impossible to eccentric and empathic. However, though empathy always involves emotions, emotions may not always involve empathy.

I have always been a very independent person. However, now this sounds foolish and self-praise, I would say I have an above-average level of empathy. This is again the point I was trying to make.. and I think I did mention in my previous post.. I find one-to-one close display of emotions a bit difficult to handle at times. Of course, I would never walk away from someone

I consider vengeance and manipulation mostly a learnt behaviour, like alcoholism or physical abuse. In countries where vendetta is an accepted social behaviour, I am pretty sure not only Scorpios engage in it, otherwise these countries must have a very specific population.
And that is how we all have different views. I do not consider manipulation (always) and vengeance (certainly not) a learnt behaviour. Once again, not ALL Scorpios (better said people with Sco energy, as Scorpios in Western Astro is often understood as Sco Suns) equally live out that manipulation or vengeance. The inherent traits of that energy however are most certainly there, as they are part and parcel of the Sco energy on the downside. Exactly same logic with Aqua or any other sign.

The key, as said earlier to in that elaborate post, is to understand that we are talking about a sign and its energy, NOT about a human being that may just have two planets in that sign. A LOT more makes up a native: 12 signs, 12 planets, 12 houses, and then the combo/interaction/aspects of them all. Not to mention the transits and progs one undergoes. No wonder that one does not always encounter a solar Sco (or a lunar one, etc) as a vengeant human being, or not everyone thinks of me as eccentric. I have other controlling factors.

M

may28gemini

I don't believe that scorpios attract more stereotypes than any of the other signs.

In general it seems, scorpios, pisces, cancers, and geminis receive about equal measure of stereotyping. especially in the negative sense. i think scorpios gain attention because of sex factors. so if say, you are researching compatability between signs and so on... most people are going to be drawn to the all the sex talk having to do with scorpio astrology.

really depends what you are looking into and/or researching.

and stalin and hilter were both taureans

It's strange but common that Gemini gets a really bad but undeserving reputation getting thrown in with water signs. Whenever I meet people who don't know much about astrology and I tell them I'm a Gemini, they automatically ask, "Is that a water sign?" ughhhh... :pinched: Then people ask if I'm bisexual and flakey :annoyed:

I think the reputation of Cancer being clingy/ needy is deserving because that's just how they are. As for Pisces being detached from reality and have substance dependency issues, that's also very true. They're usually super cool when they're sober. But as for Scorpios being serial killers and rapists... hardly the case. I've met more Scorpios who are strict with sex stuff than any other sign. They mislabeled as being evil sex fiend because its connection to a darker side of Mars and more recently, tied to Pluto (god of the underworld).

meeki

The only "bad" things I hear about Scorpios are their tendencies to be secretive and highly sexualized. Personally, I think those qualities can also be strengths in certain situations like when you need to confide in someone or are actively looking for or prioritizing sexuality.

Most Scorpios I meet are highly sexually experienced (at least, according to their personal claims and in other instances, testimonials from others) but I'm starting to find that's kind of characteristic for the water signs on the whole. I found that water signs are famous for being "intense" and ethereal in the bedroom; they're supposed to give you something you've never had in contrast to the other elements which could be seen as more physical than psychological or metaphysical...but this is all my reading and others I've talked to's interpretation from all the astrology we've read up on and the people we've met.

Scorpios are sometimes stereotyped as players too...but again, that's also another description attached to the water signs.

Cancers might be clingy but they're also known to flirt; the clinginess isn't specific to anyone, it just applies to everyone since they'd like to get some assurance and dependence from whomever they're with.

Pisces people are just kind of apathetic or don't really realize the impact of their actions when it comes to relationships since they tend to be generous, passive and submissive to everyone which takes its toll since that involves a lot of sacrifices and compromises to what they actually want and feel to oblige others; so their flirtiness and flings also manifests from a need for assurance and wanting, and it's also an ego boost.

Scorpios are seen to be the "whatever" NSA players because they're generally more assertive and apathetic altogether since they're consciously aware of the insignificance or casualty of their sexual encounters (with someone they don't love). This is probably why people dislike them or they get a bad rep here since they don't dance around the issue or overtly attempt to spare your feelings if they sense you're starting to crave commitment or monogamy... And, I can't blame them too much either. If someone tells you they're not looking for a relationship, why would expect to develop one if they didn't say otherwise?

They also wouldn't cling like the Cancer since they've got more confidence and are generally more self-aware. This confidence and awareness is largely due to their secrecy since they reserve their confidences and personal info thus have the security of an "anonymity" with which their partner isn't privileged with knowing their whole story. But since people tend to share info so freely, they can use it to their advantage to either incorporate some subtle reverse psychology to turn you off or toy with your emotions if you've wronged them.

...I guess those opinions kind of are stereotypes, aren't they? lol

Well, that's just what I've heard, read and seen myself anyway. My ex was a water sign who floated towards other signs in his element and they've played out these descriptions to a T :p

Therese

Hi may28gemini,

given the stereotypes of water signs meeki mentions, maybe this is the new trend in Hollywood, instead of saying "do you know that 80% of women are wearing the wrong bra size, I am a certified bra fitter, can I advise you free of charge?" they say "hi, are you a water sign?" and if you are interested, you can say "no, but my moon is in pisces". and if you are not, you can always introduce them to Pluto in your chart :D

T.

M

may28gemini

LOLOLOLOLOL too late... my Pluto is in the 1st house. Whether or not anyone wants to get introduced to that side of me, well, they'll have to deal with it upon first meeting/clashing with me!

M

may28gemini

Scorpios are seen to be the "whatever" NSA players because they're generally more assertive and apathetic altogether since they're consciously aware of the insignificance or casualty of their sexual encounters (with someone they don't love). This is probably why people dislike them or they get a bad rep here since they don't dance around the issue or overtly attempt to spare your feelings if they sense you're starting to crave commitment or monogamy... And, I can't blame them too much either. If someone tells you they're not looking for a relationship, why would expect to develop one if they didn't say otherwise?

They also wouldn't cling like the Cancer since they've got more confidence and are generally more self-aware. This confidence and awareness is largely due to their secrecy since they reserve their confidences and personal info thus have the security of an "anonymity" with which their partner isn't privileged with knowing their whole story. But since people tend to share info so freely, they can use it to their advantage to either incorporate some subtle reverse psychology to turn you off or toy with your emotions if you've wronged them.

I've observed the same thing about water signs and the variants of it... not just in Sun signs, but moon signs and esp. Mars. I have to admit, what you say about Scorpios is so very true. I've been raised by an uber Scorpio father, been friends with many Scorpios, mentored by Scorpios, was married to a Scorpio Moon (emotional intensity and warfare eek!), and I have to say, very astute psychological analysis! I haven't seen someone write such a clear and entertaining piece on anything astrological on this site in a very long time (granted I go through phases of popping in and out). But still, you're bang on!

I haven't encountered the Scorpio players... all the Scorpios I've had in my life have been quite disciplined and controlled, but I know plenty do exist and I've seen them in action (some have tried their "game" on me).

That's the funny thing about Scorpio, they're very controlled and aware of what they're doing- even if they mistreat someone... it's always with a purpose behind it (usually power/dominance). I know this very well, I was raised by one, and he's top notch in psychological warfare. It's only been very recently that I owned up to being guilty of doing the same stuff (psychological toying of people who wrong me)... and yet, I like it. I suppose you can call it the dark side of Martian energy (I have Mars in 8th house oppose Scorpio Uranus).

Therese

hi,

Personally, I have no idea how "casual sexual encounters" feel, I just don't really get the concept itself. In my "world", letting someone enter into the inside of my body and letting them enter into the "inside" of my soul are not separated.

I don't consider my body as a "thing" that I just "own", like, I don't know, a car, that I can just let somebody use. I am not sure where this concept of the body is coming from, but surely Christianity did its best to give it a good PR, "if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away." What bothers you, chop it off and throw it away. They do not belong to the "real you", anyway. But how much of yourself can you chop off or change and still be who you are? I guess a lot of people today are on a quest to find that out.

It is ironic how we consider our culture to be "materialistic", when, in fact, we despise and devalue "matter" itself. We actually have no idea what "matter" is. The deeper into its investigation scientists get, the more perplexed they become. Where are we now? Particle physics? What's the latest? the quark?

"as above, so below". Infinity is not only out there. You just trashed some of it when you cut your fingernails :)

T.

meeki

Well, despite the stereotypes, I'd want to be a Scorpio if I had to be a water sign :p I don't know why, I just find more weakness associated with the others since they tend to be less inclined in their ambitions. The water signs incorporate an element of dependence and an external validation through either obliging (Pisces), clinging to (Cancer) or dominating others (Scorpio).

Fire signs pursue active and aggressive interpretives in discovering and maintaining their self-concepts and air signs assume a more intellectual and unnerving approach. The fire burns its distinction while the air is known to alternate appearances, beliefs and words (they're known to be bad with secrets and gossip).

Ironically, I don't know much about the earth signs (even though I am one).

I'm not sure I know much at all because I can only speak to what I've read, heard and seen. I don't consider myself a reliable or officially versed source at all :p

Last edited: