Semi-sextile & Semisquare: how do these work?

UraSatVen1029

Especially if its pretty tight. These are minor aspects, I'm aware, but do they still have an effect? How do these work? There's not much info on the internet about these two...

dr. farr

Generally speaking a semi-sextile has a mild positive indication, and a semisquare a mild to moderate negative indication; I have often considered semi-sextiles in my delineations, although never giving them much importance in the totality of indications; I have not tested semisquares in practice, so I cannot say whether or not these have an actual influence in delineation (I think they do, but cannot speak from experience)

Last edited:

katydid

There is one type of situation, where semi-textiles and semi-squares seem very powerful and important.

When a planet is the midpoint of a sextile between 2 planets, and thus it semi-textiles each one, it is impactful.

I have Sun @ 1 Scorpio and it sextiles my Moon @ 3 Capricorn.

My Venus is @ 2 Sag, the midpoint of that sextile.

Venus= Sun/Moon

So the Sun semi-sextile the Venus, and the Moon semi-sextile the Venus, has a greater impact than the usual semisextile would.

EXAMPLE===when my S/A Sun progressed to my 7th house Venus, at age 31, I married my Husband. That was 35 years ago.

The same can be said about a planet that is at the midpoint of a square between two other planets. In that case it would be semi-squaring each of them.

I have a cousin that has her Mars in Cancer square her Venus in Libra.

Her Moon is at the midpoint, so it semi-squares both Mars and Venus. [Moon=Venus/Mars]

Her Moon is in Leo, in the 2nd. She is very distracted and affected by her relationship issues. :love:

Less so now that we are older. But she still gets irritated and annoyed by her boyfriends when she is dating or the lack of boyfriends if not. And it so strongly affects her self worth and her self esteem.

She works so hard to try and please potential partners and it almost consumes her at times.

She has also had a lot of 'work done' over the years to keep herself looking young and sexy...:kissing:

Last edited:

UraSatVen1029

There is one type of situation, where semi-textiles and semi-squares seem very powerful and important.

When a planet is the midpoint of a sextile between 2 planets, and thus it semi-textiles each one, it is impactful.

I have Sun @ 1 Scorpio and it sextiles my Moon @ 3 Capricorn.

My Venus is @ 2 Sag, the midpoint of that sextile.

Venus= Sun/Moon

So the Sun semi-sextile the Venus, and the Moon semi-sextile the Venus, has a greater impact than the usual semisextile would.

EXAMPLE===when my S/A Sun progressed to my 7th house Venus, at age 31, I married my Husband. That was 35 years ago.

The same can be said about a planet that is at the midpoint of a square between two other planets. In that case it would be semi-squaring each of them.

I have a cousin that has her Mars in Cancer square her Venus in Libra.

Her Moon is at the midpoint, so it semi-squares both Mars and Venus. [Moon=Venus/Mars]

Her Moon is in Leo, in the 2nd. She is very distracted and affected by her relationship issues. :love:

Less so now that we are older. But she still gets irritated and annoyed by her boyfriends when she is dating or the lack of boyfriends if not. And it so strongly affects her self worth and her self esteem.

She works so hard to try and please potential partners and it almost consumes her at times.

She has also had a lot of 'work done' over the years to keep herself looking young and sexy...:kissing:

I see.
I have Sun and Venus semi-sextile my Pluto and the very same Pluto is semi-square my Midheaven exact.

How do you find these midpoints? I wanna see if these semi-sextiles are actually important and have an effect on my Sun and Venus.

UraSatVen1029

Generally speaking a semi-sextile has a mild positive indication, and a semisquare a mild to moderate negative indication; I have often considered semi-sextiles in my elineations, although never giving them much importance in the totality of indications; I have not tested semisquares in practice, so I cannot say whether or not these have an actual influence in delineation (I think they do, but cannot speak from experience)

What do you mean by elineations?

I have Pluto semi sextile my Sun and Venus. It is also semi-square my midheaven EXACT. Do you know any possible manifestations with any of these?

dr. farr

What do you mean by elineations?

I have Pluto semi sextile my Sun and Venus. It is also semi-square my midheaven EXACT. Do you know any possible manifestations with any of these?

A mistype:innocent: Should be "delineations":happy:!

My opinion: Pluto receives somewhat benefic influences from Sun & Venus; Pluto has somewhat negative influence upon the MC (and all that the MC symbolizes-see various textbooks for the meanings connected with the MC)