Declinations and Sports Astrology

Dear Astrologers,
Does anyone use Declinations effectively in sports astrology? If so, kindly guide through an example. It interests me a lot but unable to find a clue.
Thanks and Regards,
Intuitive_Divnator

Agriias

Yes. I have been using them and putting alot of study into sports lately.

Your only dealing with parralels(P) and Contra Parralels(CP). The orb for these is small. Magi astrology, who makes extensive use of declinations uses an orb of 1.20 degrees. However, If there are multiple planets connecting you can extend the orb a little bit, because they have a cumulative effect. Even then, I personally like to go no higher than 2degrees. Another consideration is that declinations function like a swing. They spend more time at higher degrees and move quickly through the lower degrees. So you can use a wider orb for the lower degrees. I havent put enough research into how much you can extend that, but I wont even consider normal longitude aspects above 3degrees.

You need to look for aspects to MARS and PLUTO. Mars for the obvious reason that is represents the athlete, energy and general athleticism. Pluto represents competition, hunger, and in general strong motivations to succeed. Pluto aspects are pretty much importan to high level success at anything competitive.

Here is how I like to interpret different aspect combos, I am always evolving my ideas to pinpoint but here is where I am at.

Mars-sun= extra energy, strength, heart(metaphorical and bodily)

Mars-moon= natural instinct, natural ability, kinesthetic sense.

mars-mercury= hand eye coordination, reflexes, speed, insight into technique, skill, good tactics and smart. Respitory capacity(lungs) A.K.A, wind.

mars-venus=love of sports(more important than you would think) athletic grace, goodlooking physical body(Think boxing, individuals have more selling potential when they look the part)

Mars-jupiter=Luck in sports, extra energy, boosts overall athleticism

Mars-saturn=focus, stamina, muscular endurance, effeciency, proper use of energy as in not tomuch or not to little.

Mars-uranus=coordination, adaptibility and improvise on the fly(creativity) reflex(overlap with mecury) agility, balance, dexterity(overlap with mercury, I tend to interpret uranus as more intuitive and sudden improvement out of nowhere as opposed to the conscious learning processs that takes place with mercury)

mars-neptune=Durability, health, recovery, longevity. Note- The ability to recover is often one of the most important factors to becoming a high level athlete. The quicker you recover, the more often you train, the more progress you make both in skill and physical qualities. Hence the reason people abuse steroids, they increase testosterone which dramatically ups protein synthesis and causes healing.

mars-pluto=tons of energy, very competitive, love of sport and competition, power/explosiveness, power=speed x strength thus both are increased by this placement. determination, will to win.

mars-chiron=performance.

These are my general interps and they are open to discussion and infact I welcome it, because not many people are into sports and astrology accept as a predictive measure to make money.

You want to look for P and CP in the declinations, and Trines and conjunction in the longitudes. All aspects have an effect, but if you dont have a good number of these, or atleast tight conjunctions of the more powerful combos, then an athlete wont go far.

Super sports aspects are
Mars and any other planet

Super sports champion aspects are
Mars/pluto
mars/venus
pluto/sun

Other important aspects that give someone to be successful in general are
venus/pluto
jupiter/pluto
jupiter/uranus
uranus/pluto

As an example, Mike Tyson(Dont have birth time, so we must ignore moon and houses) June 30, 1966, Brooklyn NY.

Mike only has one useful aspect in his entire longitude chart. If you take a look he doesnt even have one useful or close aspect to his mars. However, he does have one extremely powerful conjunction of pluto/uranus seperated by 0.01 degrees. This alone however, is not enough to bring someone to the level of fame and success that he had in his career, especially when unaspected to everything else.

Now, when we look at the declinations we get a much different story. Iron Mike has Sun/mars/jupiter all within 0.28 degrees of each other. The jupiter and mars are 0.15degrees seperated. This is a powerful synchronization of 3 planets. (Btw, In magi astro, P and CP are equivilant, I dunno why but it has shown itself to be true, unless saturn is involve in the CP)

Mike also has venus/pluto within 0.44 degrees of each other.

Saturn/chiron 0.06 degree orb. Focused, disciplined performer. (Before Tysons downfall with don king, prison, that crazy wife he had, and he was with the coaches who got him to the top, he was an amazingly disciplined and technical fighter.

His mercury is also part of the venus/pluto combo and increasing it to a synchronization. Not sure how I would interpret its addition. Venus/pluto= love of compeition and success. Drive is so important in anything competitive.

I've used him as an example to illustrate that you dont always have to look for quantity of aspects, but the quality is very important. And also, declination are extremely important in assessing athletic potential. If we ignored declinations, there would be nothing to suggest athletic ability in his chart as he has no quality aspects to his mars in the longitudes.

Mike has one badass conjunction, an amazing planetary synchronization involving mars, and the super aspect venus/pluto.

Also note that, mike lacked any neptune enhancements to his sun/mars/pluto. He reached the top quick and fell out of his prime even faster.

In conclusion, Declinations ignoring declinations is ignoring half of astrology and they are very important. Mars aspects are must for an athlete, and pluto isnt far behind. Use small orbs, and look for synchronization and trines, conjunctions and eclipses(when two planets are conjunct in longitudes and P in declinations.

Anyways hope this helps.

Agriias

They are looking at charts of great athletes retrospectively. So it is easy for them to say that the houses dont matter as they arent predicting potential.

The houses are very important and if there isnt any connection to 1st, 5th,9th, 10th(most importantly) by one of the planets in contact with mars then I highly doubt the person will be into athletics.

1st house= 12 and under athletes
5th house=highschool 13-18/19
9th house= college age.
10th house=career athletes.

Now, this is speculation as I dont have the exact birth time of any pro athletes, but I think its a pretty strong argument and coincides with what I have found in my own chart. I'm a career athlete and have mars in the 10th house.

In my progressed chart I have a boomerang formation. It is contained all within the 4th, 9th,10th, and 11th house. I dont really do much in terms of what is representied by the other planets nor do I have any inclination. My days and what I like to do involve, being at home ALOT(4th house)sun, venus, merc, chiron, studying philosophy( my college major) and religion, metaphysics(9th house), pursing my athletic aspirations, and then compeition days which is 11th house as it is public and infront of alot of people.

asfar as the otherhouses go, nothing much happens in my life in those regards. 5th house, I dont hang out with my friends much or part or do anything entertaining exciting outside of sport, nor do I have any inclination. 6th house, I dont work, nor do I care to, I just pursue my career even if it leaves me temporarily poor, I do work sometimes out of neccesity to faciliate my goals. 7th house, In in a relationship, but its from college(9th house) and we dont see each other much anymore because of distance, and I dont have much inclination to get serious as it would hinder my goals and im just not that into relationships at this point(tomuch responsibilty). ect ect ect

so it is confirmed in my own life. I am going to put more study into it but I think I have a pretty strong argument for the importance of houses

Agriias

Yeah, I really only do astrology in how it relates to individuals abilities primarily and my second interest is psychologically. I really havent studied event based astrology which definetly has some different rules. I have also studied some synastry.

I really have no opinion on their philosophy on event based astrology. I'd imagine that their might be different rules to it though.

Agriias said:
Mars-jupiter=Luck in sports, extra energy, boosts overall athleticism

Mars-uranus=coordination, adaptibility and improvise on the fly(creativity) reflex(overlap with mecury) agility, balance, dexterity(overlap with mercury, I tend to interpret uranus as more intuitive and sudden improvement out of nowhere as opposed to the conscious learning processs that takes place with mercury)

mars-neptune=Durability, health, recovery, longevity. Note- The ability to recover is often one of the most important factors to becoming a high level athlete. The quicker you recover, the more often you train, the more progress you make both in skill and physical qualities. Hence the reason people abuse steroids, they increase testosterone which dramatically ups protein synthesis and causes healing.

The Mars-Neptune aspect is really good noticed. When i hurt my self in someway, i allways recover fast.

Interesting tread

Agriias

Mars trine the MC would increase the likelihood of you recieving credit for your actions within whatever realm you take part in.

In this case it would be sports. So it just means you would stand out more than other people participating in the same endeavor.

Bulletbobb

I assume you have been working with the charts of the athletes themselves?

Have you ever worked with the chart for a team, either one of the birth charts or perhaps the first win chart?

Would be interesting to know if your findings would apply to a collective entity like a team.

Bon

Dear Agriis, Jenna, Bulletbobb and Coffee,
Thanks to all of you for highly enthusiastic participation to this thread. Agriis I have noted the points you have mentioned. Moreover, when Mars is in the Ascendant (except in Aries - being cardinal) there are more chances of HomeTeam (or favourite player) winning. Mars is Aries generally provokes the player to play rash game leading to defeat (observed in most cases). I also find Magi Astrology Interesting as you have rightly suggested however like Cosmobiology (Cosmogram) doesn't use houses, I feel a bit uncomfortable.

I will continue with a new post soon.

Regards,
Intuitive Divinator

theV

I have an angular mars. Mars conjunct IC

Mars square neptune Uranus Conjunction capricorn
Mars Opp MC
Mars Conjunct north node
Mars semi sextile Pluto
Mars Bi saturn
and south node aries