One Planet in Two Houses.

♥O.o

I've been trying to find more information on this and I seem to be having trouble.
I have a bucket chart with Jupiter as my handle/singleton planet (A concept I'm still trying to understand).

On Astro - It says my Jupiter is on the cusp of the 8th and 9th house in Gemini (8th) and Cancer (9th). What does that exactly mean? Is it really possible for one planet to be in two houses and how should I go about looking/interpreting that?

Thanks!

Pallas-trine-Mars

When using one particular house system, no. Maybe if you compared two different ones you might find that the cusp calculated is at a different point though.

Seriously, they've always calculated the position of a planet incredibly specifically, to any decimal point you want. Some might say that if a planet is ahead of a house but within orb and about to enter it it's can be interpreted as being in the next house - that's what they do on Astrotheme.

piscesascendant

What you're describing is what a professional astrologer I've gone to calls a "blend"--a combination of house activities. When I talked to her about it, we both agreed on the term (not that the term is set in stone, it's just a description). Example, I have at least two "blends"--Saturn on the 5th house cusp, but technically within the 4th house. The 5th house being the house of hobbies, etc., my "at home" entertainment tends to be along the more serious side (what some might call more sophisticated movies, trips to the local theatre--stage, etc., books along the drier side (not fluff)). My other blend is my Venus in Pisces on the cusp of the 1st, but technically in my 12th. Now, since the 1syt is the house of appearance, I'm not really sure how I come across to others all the time. With that 12th house influence, though, I think it adds an element of mystery, complexity, etc., since that's what I been told (that I am "deep in thought" even if I'm just daydreaming, although sometimes I am deep in thought, lol).

Bottom line, you could call it a "blend", and frankly, it can make interpretation that much more interesting. Hope this helps!

♥O.o

Thanks for the insight you guys. I'll check out the different house systems a bit more and research the term blend when applied to astrology.

Thank you! :eek: