Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

"Strength" is too vague a term. Jeremy does say that a stronger placement isn't necessarily a better one.
I've already determined that Mars in Taurus, for example, is an extremely noticeable influence. In Trad, it's in detriment by essential Dignity, since it's Domiciled in the opposite Sign, Scorpio. In 12/12, it's the opposite of Exalted, since Mars is Exalted in Scorpio.
I also notice that I made a mistake when I said Pluto should be stronger in its Domicile-sign than in a Sign which shares neither Modality nor Element with Fixed-Water; in this case, Sagittarius. Because, that's exactly the situation with all of the Exalted placements in 12/12: Pluto is Exalted in Gemini, different Element and Modality than its Domicile-sign, Scorpio. Which means it's what Trad calls, "in its Fall" in Sagittarius, just as Mars in Taurus is "in its Fall" (if I were to use that terminology) in 12/12.
Here's a thought--maybe an afflicted placement has to compensate with an increase in strength, to make its influence felt. Same thing might apply to affliction due to accidental debilities.
"Noticeable" influence might be a better description than "strong". Pluto in Scorpio is a match, and blends in nicely, whereas Pluto in Sagittarius is a mismatch, and stands out for that reason.

Similar to the kind of noises machinery make when they are malfunctioning.

david starling

Can you elaborate on that? About the process?

State resident is first, regarding tuition. For acceptance, SAT score and high school grade average, then I.Q. For a scholarship, you needed to be from a very low income family, and/or be really good at a sport. Not sure about foreign students. They may have been from wealthy families, because the tuition was much higher for non-State residents.

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

State resident is first, regarding tuition. For acceptance, SAT score and high school grade average, then I.Q. For a scholarship, you needed to be from a very low income family, and/or be really good at a sport. Not sure about foreign students. They may have been from wealthy families, because the tuition was much higher for non-State residents.

And then, you passed all of this JUST to pleased your father? Haha, I think your early adulthood was very colourful.

conspiracy theorist

A "Renaissance man", perhaps. Proficient in more than one field.

Edit: That would be an out-of-Sign conjunction.

I ask because you made a statement that two sense of purpose placements can work at cross purposes. Which I can see in the case of Pisces Moon vs. Sagittarius Mars (square) or Jupiter in Taurus vs. Sagittarius Mars (quincunx) but then when the issue of out of sign conjunctions and trines become a factor, things would get a little more nuanced if out-of-sign aspects are factored into the system. Then such a straightforward statement would not necessarily apply.

david starling

Domicled tropical Moon conj NN is in both a T-square, opposite Domicled Saturn in Capricorn and square Mars in Libra, AND a Grand-trine with Mercury in Scorpio and Domicled Nep in Pisces.

david starling

I ask because you made a statement that two sense of purpose placements can work at cross purposes. Which I can see in the case of Pisces Moon vs. Sagittarius Mars (square) or Jupiter in Taurus vs. Sagittarius Mars (quincunx) but then when the issue of out of sign conjunctions and trines become a factor, things would get a little more nuanced if out-of-sign aspects are factored into the system. Then such a straightforward statement would not necessarily apply.

I found this interesting, in regard to Sign-blending at the cusps: According to AJ, "Some ancient astrologers didn't believe a planet had strength until it reached 5 degrees of a sign...."
Sounds like some ancients were cognizant of Sign-blending, and interpreted that as the mix of Sign-qualities destabilizing the planet's influence. But, it would would be efficacious for the example you mention, with the 2 Sense of Purpose placements Conjunct in two different Signs with a mix of each other's qualities, making them more compatible. In fact, it might actually evoke the need to somehow make them symbiotic.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

David, I can across a post you had written about the purpose of this forum that was so succinctly beautiful that I tried to find it to bump it and comment on it but now I can’t find it.

Also, you should write a 12/12 post so people can refer to it. I expect it to be completed by the 12th of December at 12pm, terms and conditions apply.