Random Thoughts, strictly Text

moonkat235

Yeah I don't think its inauthentic necessarily to play these roles but its easy to become attached to them and believe they are real. Maybe you naturally realize this lesson by being a Neptune chameleon and so you have no attachment to these roles. The role I grew up in in my environment was damaging to my soul so it eventually led to a complete disconnect and need to hid, find myself and exist as much outwith my community as possible. Now Ive built up a sense of inner strength and have spent about 4/5 years being disconnected, I actually strive to have a mask to wear and a role to play, as if to give myself a break from being too connected to things which cant be seen. The roles we play will actually serve as a type of anchor and grounding mechanism for me now, which sounds like they do with you too. It's like you naturally know this lesson because you naturally play so many roles, so youre not attached to either, whereas other people might naturally be attached to their roles. But yes, I've been currently working towards creating a public persona, except it wont be at the expense of my inner self but rather a balancing of both, which has already started to show itself as pure confidence in real-life ever since I have a strong inner self, but Im still working towards a strong outer self, which is my next goal.

Yeah I can feel that.

The word 'real' has so many connotations. Thinking about it too much generally just makes me throw my hands up and go 'nothing's real, it's all illusion, I don't give a ****kkkk' and then I go back to my day. lol

moonkat235

in 12/12, Sun in Aries is the Sense of Purpose Sun-sign.

You've mentioned that before. I have two Sense of Purpose placements (I think the other is Moon in Pisces??). I wonder if they compete with each other or are at odds. My Aries Sun is square Cap AC-Neptune-Uranus (although the orb for Uranus is kinda far). Otherwise, my Aries Sun doesn't aspect anything else I think.

Does that influence the Sense of Purpose more? How do you see the 12/12 placements playing out with the whole chart and planetary aspects? Like what I mean is that the placement indicates an overarching sense of purpose for the native (do you mean by the native or for the native btw?), but is the nature of that purpose articulated by the way that planetary placement interacts and aspects the rest of the chart?

The Aries Sun kinda confused petosiris when he looked at it from his astro perspective with no outer planets. lol Wish that dude would come back! Miss my friend :sad:

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Should be a kindly, influential humanitarian. Instead, he's a sneering, nihilistic schemer. What would you have predicted in a cold reading, not knowing whose Chart it was? Maybe there's something I missed.

Hard to, since it's already tainted by the fact that the chart owner has solidified his chart through living the majority of his life.

If I were to cold read, I'd notice that this was a Virgo Rising with Regulus conj the ascendant. I'd also notice that Algol is exactly on the MC (losing one's head, pile of dead bodies). What I wouldn't heed though is the fact that he has another fixed star right on the descendant, that being of Fomalhaut. It is to noted that the cusp of the 7th is respectively "love and war" and "death" since it symbolizes the setting of the Sun and hence the darkening of life force. It's also to be noted that his partner was a powerful person in her own right.

With two of the royal fixed stars on his angles as well as the most "evil" star Algol culminating, this chart is immensely powerful and eminent, with the potential to impact the world.

I also note that he has the epoch defining Jupiter-Saturn conjunction, which I personally see as a minor eminence indicator as a result of the importance it seems to have in the governance systems of the world. It seems to be prominent in the charts of history making figures. I think it's a decently hard conjunction because I think there is a nuance to it that isn't easily summed up, and this thread over at Solunars does a good job of exploring this aspect in a bit more detail. https://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2209#p15870. It's a powerful aspect but I think unglamorous so doesn't get as much attention among a certain demographic of the astrology crowd. People who are more interested in mundane and traditional techniques will be well familiar with it, though.

There is something interesting about the placement of the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction in Cheney's chart. Reading the chart from the lot of fortune is most attributed to Valens, and the 11th sign from the lot of fortune is referred to as the "place of acquisition" which shows the likely avenues of how a person would earn and gain fortune in their lives.

As Cheney's fortune is in Cancer, the place of acquisition would be Taurus. The sign Taurus happens to be the 9th house/sign in Cheney's chart - which means that the realm of foreign affairs and the international would be where he would have a good chance of gaining. Saturn-Jupiter conjunction makes for politics, finance, all the "systems" that keeps society and civilization functioning. The combination would suggest that Cheney gains from Geopolitical engagement, international financing & law and even profiteering in general that moves beyond borders (being the CEO of an oil company being one such example). The sign of Taurus is an interesting and important component, since one could make a good argument that it is the most conservative and money/resource driven sign of the whole zodiac. In 12/12 I think you have Jupiter in Taurus as a sense of purpose because of its drive to expand it's material resources.

He was a power behind the throne, and a colourless but not toothless schemer and mastermind. His Sun in 6th shows the "servility" (Vice president - in theory political office is one of being a servant of the people - 6th house is a house that is oriented to the lowest common denominator as it is a house of toil, drudgery and slavery). Sun - Pluto opposition is telling and contributes to the power drive - he is heavily responsible for crafting an "enemy" to which the American people could channel their anger and hatred toward after the events of 9/11. His Sun placement is also telling of his weak heart - which can be taken poetically if one desires.

It's a deceptively simplistic looking chart imo, not unlike the man it represents.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Yeah I can feel that.

The word 'real' has so many connotations. Thinking about it too much generally just makes me throw my hands up and go 'nothing's real, it's all illusion, I don't give a ****kkkk' and then I go back to my day. lol

Yeah it will naturally disgust you all talk of real because you're aware none of it is!

Plus, I bet Hkk has come to a spiritual forum because she's fed up of always playing her banking persona, when she feels there is more to life.

Ukpoohbear

No I don’t generally think ppl are disgusting. I went on the site and there were slot of pervy comments and some were sick. I went on a while ago and it was the same. U don’t wish to discuss what suck things but any normal decent human would agree. Anyway I don’t wana discuss it anymore. My situation is just upsetting. I’m just gonna stay as an ‘i’

I agree the people you find on these sites are generally disgusting or unhealthy. Sex for men there is something they feed off or need, there will be players, liars, users, people who only care about themselves. Of course, some nice, lost people will be there too but they wont be capable of forming a true, love relationship because they haven't found themselves yet.

moonkat235

Yeah it will naturally disgust you all talk of real because you're aware none of it is!

Plus, I bet Hkk has come to a spiritual forum because she's fed up of always playing her banking persona, when she feels there is more to life.

No no I don't mean it's disgusting, more convoluted or just there's so much to explore that I feel like I can't keep following my own thoughts. I mean, I think the term 'real' is more subjective than people give credit for, but I do think there are universal themes and points of connection that might be better described under the umbrella term of 'real'.

Just because there are contradictions that maybe point out holes in people's conceptions of the term 'real', doesn't mean it's less valid or should be 'corrected' as if there is something 'wrong'. Idk how to say what I mean, but what you just said isn't how I want to be interpreted.

Ukpoohbear

No no I don't mean it's disgusting, more convoluted or just there's so much to explore that I feel like I can't keep following my own thoughts.

Do you mean like you cant keep a sense of self because there's so much going on that you're trying to take in? If that's what you meant I can understand that. I would sit in college class and just have to cope with extreme overload of people to take in so much I couldn't enjoy the class. I still haven't managed to do both but I understand the cause being that I was at least a little psychic, which would be the same for you. 'Information overload.'

I mean, I think the term 'real' is more subjective than people give credit for, but I do think there are universal themes and points of connection that might be better described under the umbrella term of 'real'.

Just because there are contradictions that maybe point out holes in people's conceptions of the term 'real', doesn't mean it's less valid or should be 'corrected' as if there is something 'wrong'. Idk how to say what I mean, but what you just said isn't how I want to be interpreted.

Yes I agree there are multiple levels of perception. One person could be aware of something somebody else isn't because they haven't been touched by it. An example I can think of is feeling harassed by somebody like when I felt I was being harassed on this forum but nobody else could see it, although I also got paranoid about it too. Like when I asked if you were a troll lol nope, she's just a very nice, socialable girl.

moonkat235

Do you mean like you cant keep a sense of self because there's so much going on that you're trying to take in? If that's what you meant I can understand that. I would sit in college class and just have to cope with extreme overload of people to take in so much I couldn't enjoy the class. I still haven't managed to do both but I understand the cause being that I was at least a little psychic, which would be the same for you. 'Information overload.'

Yes I agree there are multiple levels of perception. One person could be aware of something somebody else isn't because they haven't been touched by it. An example I can think of is feeling harassed by somebody like when I felt I was being harassed on this forum but nobody else could see it, although I also got paranoid about it too. Like when I asked if you were a troll lol nope, she's just a very nice, socialable girl.

I wasn't thinking in terms of losing my sense of self when thinking about these things. I was more attempting to engage with the topic of reality and whether it was as universal as I believed it was as a young kid. There's just a lot to explore with the term 'reality' and all the connotations it holds.

Your example has a very social/interpersonal aspect to it and also the term 'levels' implying a hierarchical set-up, which I've also found detrimental when I evaluate myself. I don't want to think in linear hierarchical terms when exploring the concept/web/weave that is, in my mind, 'reality' or 'spirituality'. I don't think we're all aspiring to the same goal or understanding and I'm trying to disentangle my own competitive perceptions of 'evolving' or 'becoming more spiritual'.

It all seems silly to me. I'm trying very hard not to look at people as 'less evolved' (on a lower level) or 'more evolved' (on a higher level), because that hasn't served me whatsoever, and kinda hurt me and my relationships with other people. It's not what I'm trying to value, but it's very human and disentangling is kinda hard af.

Ukpoohbear

I wasn't thinking in terms of losing my sense of self when thinking about these things. I was more attempting to engage with the topic of reality and whether it was as universal as I believed it was as a young kid. There's just a lot to explore with the term 'reality' and all the connotations it holds.

Your example has a very social/interpersonal aspect to it and also the term 'levels' implying a hierarchical set-up, which I've also found detrimental when I evaluate myself. I don't want to think in linear hierarchical terms when exploring the concept/web/weave that is, in my mind, 'reality' or 'spirituality'. I don't think we're all aspiring to the same goal or understanding and I'm trying to disentangle my own competitive perceptions of 'evolving' or 'becoming more spiritual'.

It all seems silly to me. I'm trying very hard not to look at people as 'less evolved' (on a lower level) or 'more evolved' (on a higher level), because that hasn't served me whatsoever, and kinda hurt me and my relationships with other people. It's not what I'm trying to value, but it's very human and disentangling is kinda hard af.

Levels wasn't meant as hierarchal because there can be practical reasons why some haven't perceived something but somebody else has. Levels was meant more as a variety existing all at once. For example, somebody could be playing a game with somebody and secretly winding somebody up but people in the same room may be oblivious to it, or somevody can notice something about somebody but another person doesn't, and that could be related to how different energies mesh together, rather than the expertise of the person who notices it.

There's no black and white infinitive answer for perception from a human. I remember learning at university that your perception of how enjoyable a movie is can be down to whether or not you were feeling positive or negative yourself beforehand.

moonkat235

I think we're talking about different things a bit, but I appreciate the effort anyway. Different energies, different life experiences, different perceptions definitely shape the angles from which you approach life. Agreed on that

conspiracy theorist

thanks! Trying not to get too distracted haha ::sigh::

conspiracy theorist, you might like this concept encountered during today's study.
https://www.ted.com/talks/benoit_mandelbrot_fractals_the_art_of_roughness?language=en

I wonder how one could potentially articulate Benoit Manedelbot's ideas outlined in this lecture, Taleb's antifragility and similar sort of ideas and create an ethic that one could communicate on a mass level. It seems like a remedy for the many people who are plagued by perfectionism and paralysis by analysis.

conspiracy theorist

You might see me, but such a project should be accessible enough for a wide array of people. Accessible yet still of quality and elegance, like the philosophy outlined by the ethical skeptic.

Hkk

Account Closed
I agree the people you find on these sites are generally disgusting or unhealthy. Sex for men there is something they feed off or need, there will be players, liars, users, people who only care about themselves. Of course, some nice, lost people will be there too but they wont be capable of forming a true, love relationship because they haven't found themselves yet.

🙏 Thank you 😍😍

Ukpoohbear

There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious -Carl Jung

Hkk

Account Closed
There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious -Carl Jung

Very interesting