Another name for the sign of "Cancer"

petosiris

Banned
Its name is ''4'' or code 4, or #4, the place following the summer solstice. Cancer is a constellation. Tropical signs are disconnected from the constellations.

david starling

I'm sticking with "Mer". although I do connect it to the #4.
I don't use it here, because no one knows what's meant, so I have to include the :cancer: glyph anyway. I had the the same problem with Ouranos for :uranus:, but "Uranos" is close enough and recognizable.

JUPITERASC

Grouchy old guy, aren't you?! :lol:
Mirrors reflect :smile:

I deliberately specified "in your opinion", by which I meant from your own point of view
as advisor to the king, and unraveler of mysteries.
As a kid, I wanted to be back in North America before the European invasion.

Of course, I envisioned myself as young, strong, and healthy! :biggrin:
61yBQ0VPVLL._SY550_.jpg

jac

None as he is his own constellation. However he has an entire group of constellations in his name. These are-
"The Hercules Family is a group of 19 constellations composed of Hercules, Sagitta, Aquila, Lyra, Cygnus, Vulpecula, Hydra, Sextans, Crater, Corvus, Ophiuchus, Serpens, Scutum, Centaurus, Lupus, Corona Australis, Ara, Triangulum Australe, and Crux. It is the largest constellation family, spanning from +60° down to –70°, mostly in the western hemisphere."

So if you ask me the most obvious choice of Hercules archetype in a sign is in sidereal sag. The picture of the Centuar with a human and dog head, wings, a giant cock and a scorpion tail tells a story so similar to Hercules. It's about turning from an animal/bestial-primal creature, into a strong fair and just man(and posibly becoming more than a man).

Sag is one of the weirdest placed constellations btw. It's shoved between a scorpion, a dude being chocked by a snake and a horny wild goat fish. It is considered slightly more civil and yet is shoved between constellations that are wild, vulgar,and down right nasty. Also doesn't this sound a bit like Hercules too?

Have you picked up the book 'The 22 Lost Signs of the Zodiac'? Nice little volume and I think most, if not all you mentioned are in there.