So many things to do, only 24 hours

Larxene

I have got so many things that I want to achieve this year, but so little time. There's a considerable number of major projects, but to make things worse, there's also a laundry list of one-time things to do, and new things keep showing up on that list.

How do you guys prioritise?

Larxene Xenohart

JUPITERASC

I have got so many things that I want to achieve this year, but so little time.
There's a considerable number of major projects, but to make things worse,
there's also a laundry list of one-time things to do, and new things keep showing up on that list.

How do you guys prioritise?

Larxene Xenohart
(a) Complete the project that has the most imminent deadline

(b) Complete the simplest project and cross it off the list

(c) Complete the easiest of the one-time things to do and cross that off the list as well

(d) multitask and do partial work on all the projects simultaneously

(e) make a new list and complete the project that has the most imminent deadline on the new list

and so on ad infinitum :smile:

Larxene

Sounds easy enough, but option D is especially challenging for me :p I find it easiest to mono-task; multi-tasking is not my forte.

There's also the situation where competing desires makes it hard to decide which actions to take first. The other thing that complicates matters is that each project has several sub-tasks, so not only do I have to decide which major project to focus on, I also need to break down the project into its sub-tasks and decide in what order to complete them, and whether some of these sub-tasks are necessary at all. Then I'd want to decide if I can complete all the tasks within the time-line or before the required deadlines.

Without a guiding principle of living, I get lost in the forest, looking at trees.

Sigh. The wonders of a Saturnine mind.

Larxene Xenohart

JUPITERASC

Sounds easy enough, but option D is especially challenging for me :p

I find it easiest to mono-task; multi-tasking is not my forte.
Good opportunity to practice multi-tasking then :smile:
Just kidding - if you prefer mono-task then it is important to make a DECISION
as to WHICH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT TASK
and then mono-task until that particular task is completed

There's also the situation where competing desires makes it hard to decide which actions to take first. The other thing that complicates matters is that each project has several sub-tasks, so not only do I have to decide which major project to focus on, I also need to break down the project into its sub-tasks and decide in what order to complete them, and whether some of these sub-tasks are necessary at all. Then I'd want to decide if I can complete all the tasks within the time-line or before the required deadlines.

Without a guiding principle of living, I get lost in the forest, looking at trees.

Sigh. The wonders of a Saturnine mind.
Larxene Xenohart

Set Saturnian goals
i.e.
for example
determine to spend a specific number of hours per day on the most important project
then focus
until that project is completed
then mono-task onwards to the next project