Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Medical Astrology

Medical Astrology Astrological diagnoses and other health issues are discussed here. Given that there are so many outer and inner influences on one's health (alimentation, sports, medication, past medical antecedents, state of mind, etc.), an astrological diagnosis is only one of many things to consider when determining your healthiness.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 12-18-2013, 10:07 AM
MissScorpio MissScorpio is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 696
Is the sixth house really about disease?

I was reading about the sixth house today and came across this, which is rather depressing:

Ancient astrologers considered the 6th a malefic house—not a happy place for a planet to be. John Frawley, a contemporary practitioner of traditional principles, writes about the 6th: “This is the house of the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune: of all the things that the harsh, cruel world and that odd bunch of people who inhabit it conspire to inflict upon us.”1 Planets in this house are weakened and can harm the other houses that they rule. This is not the house of health, Frawley contends, but the house of illness. The 1st house indicates one’s health or vitality; the 6th describes what undermines it. Nor is it the house of work or service, says Frawley. This is a modern invention, loosely based on the 6th ruling servants and tradespeople—those who work for us. Our own work is still described by the 10th. Contemporary interpretations of the 6th, says Frawley, are simply wrong. They derive from the happy-talk tendency of modern astrologers to whitewash any bad celestial news.

However, I read further that the disease can be mental affliction , depending on planets?
I have Sun, Mercury, Uranus in this house.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 12-18-2013, 12:27 PM
mossadrai mossadrai is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 165
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Hello, MissScorpio!

It is not only traditional astrologers, even modern ones recognize that the 6th house is about diseases, as the 8th is connected to death and the 12th to hospital, pyschiatric institutes, etc.

The main difference between modern and traditional astrologers, as I see, is the working/servant themes, indeed. Modern astrologers say the 6th house is about your routine, your daily work, your schedule. According to traditional astrology, this is not so. The 6th house is about your servants, employees and subordinates (and not you being a servant, employee or subordinate). This is a very common confusion in modern astrology, to misinterpret the house meaning with the native meaning. So, for example, the 11th house is about the native's friends, and not how friendly is the native, or how the native deals with his friends.

The same goes to the 6th. It is about people who serve the native, and not how this native serves people, nor if he is a servant for someone.
__________________
Yair Alon - Kabbalist
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,604
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossadrai View Post
Hello, MissScorpio!

It is not only traditional astrologers, even modern ones recognize that the 6th house is about diseases, as the 8th is connected to death and the 12th to hospital, pyschiatric institutes, etc.

The main difference between modern and traditional astrologers, as I see, is the working/servant themes, indeed. Modern astrologers say the 6th house is about your routine, your daily work, your schedule. According to traditional astrology, this is not so. The 6th house is about your servants, employees and subordinates (and not you being a servant, employee or subordinate). This is a very common confusion in modern astrology, to misinterpret the house meaning with the native meaning. So, for example, the 11th house is about the native's friends, and not how friendly is the native, or how the native deals with his friends.

The same goes to the 6th. It is about people who serve the native, and not how this native serves people, nor if he is a servant for someone.
This is interesting, so my lack of servants is due to my empty 6th dammits. Also I have read some pretty negative thing from 'modern astrologers' they do not even white wash well enough for my sensitive self :| Also if someone comes a lot of negative juke who would really believe it. It is about how you say things, you cant just spew hate and call it truth, even in astrology. The way each astrologer describes something is largely a reflection of their self and own opinion.
__________________
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
-Buddha
The person who reads too much and uses his brain too little will fall into lazy habits of thinking.
—Albert Einstein
Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission—to be of service to them wherever they require it.—Francis of Assisi

Last edited by Love2Know; 12-18-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:16 PM
mossadrai mossadrai is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 165
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Quite so, Love2Know. In this case, with an empty house, you should see the ruler of the cusp, and this would tell about your servants (again, not about you), and if they are loyal, trustworthy, friendly, etc.

In the case mentioned by MissScorpio, for example, she would have three kinds of servants relating to her: Sun, Mercury and Uranus (if you want to consider this) type... So, famous, brilliant and important servants (Sun), witty and clever ones, maybe a little treacherous (Mercury) and the unusual and "out of trend" ones (Uranus).
__________________
Yair Alon - Kabbalist
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,604
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossadrai View Post
Quite so, Love2Know. In this case, with an empty house, you should see the ruler of the cusp, and this would tell about your servants (again, not about you), and if they are loyal, trustworthy, friendly, etc.

In the case mentioned by MissScorpio, for example, she would have three kinds of servants relating to her: Sun, Mercury and Uranus (if you want to consider this) type... So, famous, brilliant and important servants (Sun), witty and clever ones, maybe a little treacherous (Mercury) and the unusual and "out of trend" ones (Uranus).
Ok Maybe I am confused what do you mean by servants? I DO not think many middle class Canadians have servants.. my 6th is cap ... I looked it up and yeah it is kinda harsh, it was saying like you will have success then break down cuz you cant handle **** lol that is bs I break down but keep going constantly. I have continued working with almost cutting off a finger and burning my hand so bad the flesh was stuck to the oven.. The only time I missed work randomly was when on my way I passed out from the flu. So they dont even know. pfft.
__________________
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
-Buddha
The person who reads too much and uses his brain too little will fall into lazy habits of thinking.
—Albert Einstein
Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission—to be of service to them wherever they require it.—Francis of Assisi

Last edited by Love2Know; 12-18-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:25 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 54,757
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissScorpio View Post
I was reading about the sixth house today and came across this, which is rather depressing:

Ancient astrologers considered the 6th a malefic house—not a happy place for a planet to be. John Frawley, a contemporary practitioner of traditional principles, writes about the 6th: “This is the house of the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune: of all the things that the harsh, cruel world and that odd bunch of people who inhabit it conspire to inflict upon us.”1 Planets in this house are weakened and can harm the other houses that they rule. This is not the house of health, Frawley contends, but the house of illness. The 1st house indicates one’s health or vitality; the 6th describes what undermines it. Nor is it the house of work or service, says Frawley. This is a modern invention, loosely based on the 6th ruling servants and tradespeople—those who work for us. Our own work is still described by the 10th. Contemporary interpretations of the 6th, says Frawley, are simply wrong. They derive from the happy-talk tendency of modern astrologers to whitewash any bad celestial news.

However, I read further that the disease can be mental affliction , depending on planets?
I have Sun, Mercury, Uranus in this house.
Significations of 6th traditionally include

NOT ONLY

'Illness and disease, its condition and cause, whether the illness will be short or long, curable or not. All matters relating to the health industry and those who work in it: dentists, doctors, nurses....'

BUT ALSO

'Employees, tenants and servants. Lilly specifically mentions day-labourers, farmers and shepherds. Goldstein-Jacobson mentions those who live on the native's property, such as caretakers, au-pairs, lodgers, etc. Also domestic issues generally

Pets, small animals and lesser cattle (ie., hogs, sheep, goats, rabbits) and any profit or loss attached to the sale of such cattle. The 6th house also has a connection with farming and crops generally.

Sorrow. Generally this is regarded as a house of weakness and affliction. As a cadent house it represents alien or unhelpful conditions....'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
This is interesting, so my lack of servants is due to my empty 6th dammits.
Many have an empty 6th
NEVERTHELESS
the 6th has a ruling Sign
and the ruling Sign of the 6th has a Sign Ruler
So
even with an empty 6th
the house and sign location of the ruler of 6th
is influential in relation to the 6th house

For discussion on 12TH/6TH HOUSE AXIS AND SLAVERY themes
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...306#post384306
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperBomber328 View Post
Aside from that, if you think about it, we all are enslaved by others one way or another.

Just as everyone works for money (6th and 2nd),
has beliefs (9th),
has a creative and inspirational side (5th),
has a family and neighbors (3rd and 4th),
relationships (7th),
aspirations (11th)
and a personality (1st).

As Benjamin Franklin put it - "Nothing in life is certain, but death and taxes." What does this quote regard in astrological house matters? The 8th house.

Only the 10th is what some achieve. Though everyone has a status (respection level) or honor they want to uphold.

The point I'm trying to get to is that everyone has a bit of every house in their own chart. It's just that those with planets in a certain house, taps the power of that house and shows prominence in greater spoonfuls for every single individual.

So what does this say? No one should look to a house as a single matter, but rather take a chart as a whole.
Taking the chart as a whole, one would consider the houses ruled by any planets in the 6th
AS WELL AS
the house and sign location of sign ruler of 6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
Ok Maybe I am confused what do you mean by servants?

I DO not think many middle class Canadians have servants.. my 6th is cap ... I looked it up and yeah it is kinda harsh, it was saying like you will have success then break down cuz you cant handle **** lol that is bs I break down but keep going constantly. I have continued working with almost cutting off a finger and burning my hand so bad the flesh was stuck to the oven.. The only time I missed work randomly was when on my way I passed out from the flu. So they dont even know. pfft
.
Deborah Houlding states:

'6th house has some relevance to domestic appliances that are purchased to ease day to day chores and laborious tasks.'

Your 'slaves' then may be mechanical, in the form of a washing machine

or spin drier

and so on
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:26 PM
mossadrai mossadrai is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 165
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

By servants I mean the modern term, of course... If you are a boss, oh, yes, you have many servants. If you have a housemaid, she is a servant. In some cases, children are your little servants. Maybe your husband. This is all indicated in the 6th house.
__________________
Yair Alon - Kabbalist
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,604
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Significations of 6th traditionally include

NOT ONLY

'Illness and disease, its condition and cause, whether the illness will be short or long, curable or not. All matters relating to the health industry and those who work in it: dentists, doctors, nurses....'

BUT ALSO

'Employees, tenants and servants. Lilly specifically mentions day-labourers, farmers and shepherds. Goldstein-Jacobson mentions those who live on the native's property, such as caretakers, au-pairs, lodgers, etc. Also domestic issues generally

Pets, small animals and lesser cattle (ie., hogs, sheep, goats, rabbits) and any profit or loss attached to the sale of such cattle. The 6th house also has a connection with farming and crops generally.

Sorrow. Generally this is regarded as a house of weakness and affliction. As a cadent house it represents alien or unhelpful conditions....'


Many have an empty 6th
NEVERTHELESS
the 6th has a ruling Sign
and the ruling Sign of the 6th has a Sign Ruler
So
even with an empty 6th
the house and sign location of the ruler of 6th
is influential in relation to the 6th house

For discussion on 12TH/6TH HOUSE AXIS AND SLAVERY themes
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...306#post384306

Taking the chart as a whole, one would consider the houses ruled by any planets in the 6th
AS WELL AS
the house and sign location of sign ruler of 6t


Deborah Houlding states:

'6th house has some relevance to domestic appliances that are purchased to ease day to day chores and laborious tasks.'

Your 'slaves' then may be mechanical, in the form of a washing machine

or spin drier

and so on
Interesting, or when my parents and husband and friends jokingly tell me I treat them like servants does that count?
__________________
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
-Buddha
The person who reads too much and uses his brain too little will fall into lazy habits of thinking.
—Albert Einstein
Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission—to be of service to them wherever they require it.—Francis of Assisi
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:35 PM
mossadrai mossadrai is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 165
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
Interesting, or when my parents and husband and friends jokingly tell me I treat them like servants does that count?
It surely counts... If you have ruler of the 4th and 10th in the 6th, for example (this is not your case, I know), this can mean that your parents are like servants to you... you can be a spoiled child/person.

Just the opposite is also true. If the ruler of 5th is in the 6th, maybe your child are your servants, and you are a little too rough and "miltar" with them.

And even if you have an empty house, Jupiterasc said it all:

"Many have an empty 6th
NEVERTHELESS
the 6th has a ruling Sign
and the ruling Sign of the 6th has a Sign Ruler
So
even with an empty 6th
the house and sign location of the ruler of 6th
is influential in relation to the 6th house"
__________________
Yair Alon - Kabbalist
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:38 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 54,757
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
Interesting, or when my parents and husband and friends jokingly tell me I treat them like servants does that count?
That definitely 'counts'
and is reminiscent of the common parental wail: 'You treat this place as if it was a hotel'

Which clearly implies that their child assumes that cooking, cleaning, chores in general
are the province of the parents entirely


Consider whether your parents husband and friends may or may not be joking
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
mossadrai (12-18-2013)
  #11  
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:45 PM
mossadrai mossadrai is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 165
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
[COLOR=Navy][B]
Consider whether your parents husband and friends may or may not be joking
Exactly my thoughts, Jupiterasc, lol.
__________________
Yair Alon - Kabbalist
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:49 PM
poyi's Avatar
poyi poyi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,015
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Slavery continues in modern terms.

All profession in Service to customers or clients. All of us being employed by somebody else above us. We are all slave to Bank, credit card, modern economy, university debt, mortgage interestingly 8th is the 3rd of 6th house.

It is us that serving the pets (cleaning up their poos, fill their food/water bowls) even we would like to think ourselves as the masters of our pets, but not, they never clean your poos.

We are all slaves to our physical body (6th) we must work to fill our belly (the abdomen is signified by 6th house the home of Virgo). The traditional term of 6th house never had changed.
__________________
“I believe there is something of the divine mystery in everything that exists. We can see it sparkle in a sunflower or a poppy. We sense more of the unfathomable mystery in a butterfly that flutters from a twig--or in a goldfish swimming in a bowl. But we are closest to God in our own soul. Only there can we become one with the greatest mystery of life. In truth, at very rare moments we can experience that we ourselves are that divine mystery.” --Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,604
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossadrai View Post
Exactly my thoughts, Jupiterasc, lol.
I think they mean I can get bossy but never as bossy as my mother. I need to check her 6th omg, she does so much physically but will emotionally destroy people who do not compliment and agree with her. I am used to being disagreed with and made fun of I hardly bat an eye to it. I have lots of practice. My husband I dunno I cook for him. My friends are generally to spacey to be good servants I guess it is aqua 7th gemini 11th issues mixed in.

Hmm poyi interesting I FIND I get in trouble for being a terrible servant so is that a reflection of me or other people's charts I come into contact with? WHEN I tried to be a housekeeper and all I DID WAS complain and hide and eat sandwiches. It hurt my back and knees too much to do that work, mainly making beds. It was depressing, once my crazy *** co-worker broke down crying and locked herself in a closet because she said my attitude was too nonchalant lol. she was so insane.. that actually happened.
__________________
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
-Buddha
The person who reads too much and uses his brain too little will fall into lazy habits of thinking.
—Albert Einstein
Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission—to be of service to them wherever they require it.—Francis of Assisi

Last edited by Love2Know; 12-18-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:54 PM
mossadrai mossadrai is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 165
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poyi View Post
All profession in Service to customers or clients. All of us being employed by somebody else above us. We are all slave to Bank, credit card, modern economy, university debt, mortgage interestingly 8th is the 3rd of 6th house.

It is us that serving the pets (cleaning up their poos, fill their food/water bowls) even we would like to think ourselves as the masters of our pets, but not, they never clean your poos.

We are all slaves to our physical body (6th) we must work to fill our belly (the abdomen is signified by 6th house the home of Virgo). The traditional term of 6th house never had changed.
This is one of the points of discussion, I guess, poyi. In my view of things, the 6th is not about where you are a servant (although I totally agree with you in all maters quoted above. We are pretty much servants); but rather how your servants are towards you.

Maybe I'm wrong in seeing things this way... I would like to know your oppinion.
__________________
Yair Alon - Kabbalist
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,604
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossadrai View Post
This is one of the points of discussion, I guess, poyi. In my view of things, the 6th is not about where you are a servant (although I totally agree with you in all maters quoted above. We are pretty much servants); but rather how your servants are towards you.

Maybe I'm wrong in seeing things this way... I would like to know your oppinion.
Or like when you go to the hair dresser and get your nails and hair done and such?
__________________
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
-Buddha
The person who reads too much and uses his brain too little will fall into lazy habits of thinking.
—Albert Einstein
Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission—to be of service to them wherever they require it.—Francis of Assisi
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:58 PM
mossadrai mossadrai is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 165
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
Or like when you go to the hair dresser and get your nails and hair done and such?
Precisely so! The man/woman that cuts your hair and polishes your nail is represented in the 6th house.
__________________
Yair Alon - Kabbalist
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:00 PM
MissScorpio MissScorpio is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 696
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

My life is ruled by little routines, looking after my little cat and taking care of household things to the point of obsession.. My daily rituals are very important to me , including a very firm grip on exercise and fitness (which is very Virgo) My Sun being in sixth house.

I rebelled against service as a child and still do. I never wanted to work 9-5 in an office and worked every inch of my blood, sweat, tears to become self employed and serve humanity (Sun conjunct Uranus in sixth) this is exactly what I do, but I do it how I want to do it without any rules or regulations as I can not deal with rules or regulations.. It would seem that I have been given much freedom in my routine, service and work as the Sun/Uranus in my chart is pretty potent , but being as it is in the sixth , I have to abide and dedicate myself to my own routine.

I have always been happy to serve but only in my own way. . That pretty much sums up my Sun conjunction Uranus in the sixth house in Scorpio!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:00 PM
poyi's Avatar
poyi poyi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,015
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

One thing to remember, always read both sides of the axis, 6th and 12th, the energy swing between being enslaved, or enslave others, as well as we being forced into sufferings, or we induced our own suffering for better or worse such as sacrificing yourself for greater goods or the external situation/self undoing internal situation you have in yourself leading to situation of physical and spiritual/mental imprisonment. Virgo is the practical world, physical body; Pisces is the other reality, the out of physical side of the body.

They are the signs for these two houses for good reasons, should think about it and study their natures, elements, their rulership over practical side of life such as working in services, being served or to serve, being the patient in hospital or being the practitioner that serves the patients in hospital, in medical astrology, as well as what part of the body do they rules and think about the symbolism. Interesting thing is Pisces ruled the feet, the lowest part of the body, so you either lower yourself to be humble to sacrifice to surrender or to be the lowest in suffering, metaphysically speaking.
__________________
“I believe there is something of the divine mystery in everything that exists. We can see it sparkle in a sunflower or a poppy. We sense more of the unfathomable mystery in a butterfly that flutters from a twig--or in a goldfish swimming in a bowl. But we are closest to God in our own soul. Only there can we become one with the greatest mystery of life. In truth, at very rare moments we can experience that we ourselves are that divine mystery.” --Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World

Last edited by poyi; 12-18-2013 at 02:06 PM. Reason: gramma, spelling
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,604
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossadrai View Post
Precisely so! The man/woman that cuts your hair and polishes your nail is represented in the 6th house.
So how would someone with a 6th leo getting a haircut differ from someone with 6th cap reciving a haircut as well? Would this then reflect on the relationship and or interaction of the process? Or more so how the native treats the 'servant' in a manner which elicits a similar response to others they encounter and receive services from?
__________________
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
-Buddha
The person who reads too much and uses his brain too little will fall into lazy habits of thinking.
—Albert Einstein
Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission—to be of service to them wherever they require it.—Francis of Assisi
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:03 PM
mossadrai mossadrai is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 165
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

I see... So the 6th would be both, when you are a servant and when you are the one being "served".
__________________
Yair Alon - Kabbalist
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,604
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissScorpio View Post
My life is ruled by little routines, looking after my little cat and taking care of household things to the point of obsession.. My daily rituals are very important to me , including a very firm grip on exercise and fitness (which is very Virgo) My Sun being in sixth house.

I rebelled against service as a child and still do. I never wanted to work 9-5 in an office and worked every inch of my blood, sweat, tears to become self employed and serve humanity (Sun conjunct Uranus in sixth) this is exactly what I do, but I do it how I want to do it without any rules or regulations as I can not deal with rules or regulations.. It would seem that I have been given much freedom in my routine, service and work as the Sun/Uranus in my chart is pretty potent , but being as it is in the sixth , I have to abide and dedicate myself to my own routine.

I have always been happy to serve but only in my own way. . That pretty much sums up my Sun conjunction Uranus in the sixth house in Scorpio!
This seems a little similar to myself <3 but I am less ambitious. At least forwardly so. I like how you put this it makes sense.
I have sun quincunx uranus )
__________________
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
-Buddha
The person who reads too much and uses his brain too little will fall into lazy habits of thinking.
—Albert Einstein
Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission—to be of service to them wherever they require it.—Francis of Assisi
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Love2Know For This Useful Post:
MissScorpio (12-18-2013)
  #22  
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:04 PM
poyi's Avatar
poyi poyi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,015
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossadrai View Post
This is one of the points of discussion, I guess, poyi. In my view of things, the 6th is not about where you are a servant (although I totally agree with you in all maters quoted above. We are pretty much servants); but rather how your servants are towards you.

Maybe I'm wrong in seeing things this way... I would like to know your oppinion.
As I said the energies of 6th and 12th swing as all other axises, you can't just look at one house and ignore the other. We serve and look after our animals, in a way they also serving us by giving us comfort and in farming we providing them shelter and foods/water, health care, we worked as servants to them in a way, then they produced various products to feed our bellies. Our employers demand us to work hard, they gave us income we serving them in order to survive, YET the employer relaying on us to function to gain profits so we also support their living as well. This bond is interrelated and can not be broken.
__________________
“I believe there is something of the divine mystery in everything that exists. We can see it sparkle in a sunflower or a poppy. We sense more of the unfathomable mystery in a butterfly that flutters from a twig--or in a goldfish swimming in a bowl. But we are closest to God in our own soul. Only there can we become one with the greatest mystery of life. In truth, at very rare moments we can experience that we ourselves are that divine mystery.” --Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World

Last edited by poyi; 12-18-2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: gramma
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,604
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poyi View Post
As I said the energies of 6th and 12th swing as all other axis, you can't just look at one house and ignore the other. We serve and look after our animals, in a way they also serving us by giving us comfort and in farming we providing them shelter and foods/water, health care, we worked as servants to them in a way, then they produce various products to feed our belly. Our employers demand us to work hard, they gave us income we serve in order to survive, YET the employer relaying on us to function to gain profits so we also support their living as well. This bond is interrelated and can not be broken.
YES I AGREE 100% perfect aha I was complaining about my mom then read 12th can in relationship to this. She never abandoned my family though. She just used to work a lot and complains a lot about me.
__________________
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
-Buddha
The person who reads too much and uses his brain too little will fall into lazy habits of thinking.
—Albert Einstein
Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission—to be of service to them wherever they require it.—Francis of Assisi

Last edited by Love2Know; 12-18-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Zarathu Zarathu is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,501
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

You should pick up a copy of Rex Bills' THE RULERSHIP BOOK.

A very thorough description of everything hiouses rule, and an alphabetical description of things that are ruled by Houses, sign, and planets.

No one should be without it.

Bill's is not really an astrologer. It was a giant researched labor of love for his wife who was. Altho I think the labor was not fruitful since I believe they later got divorced anyhow. But its a labor of love for the rest of us who have no relationship to Bills. Or at least this is what Kt Boehrer told me, and Katie knew everybody and had stories about everything.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:25 PM
poyi's Avatar
poyi poyi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,015
Re: Is the sixth house really about disease?

Through reading various books, I think all the houses that we studying should be in pair, in polarisation; the one in the bottom 1st to 6th are personal experiences in conscious level 7th to 12th houses Through Other people that are not close to our childhood or family/personal/familiar level of experiences, 10th is the distance parent (3rd, 4th, 5th are relevant to family members more that we familiar of) so 7th to 12th are in more unconscious level. Although 4th house is deeply rooted personal self, in private and in secret we have awareness of the energy, unlike the other two water houses 8th and 12th they are more out of our control and in Collective level. 12th is the final task, pretty much the most difficult of all, but yet can lead to the highest enlightenment. Using 3rd and 9th polarisation you can also see their similar natures yet you can see the 3rd is the foundation of the 9th but 9th in a more abstract and advance level. Primary school/daily common reasoning/communication/all fundamental skills of Mercury to University/Advance study/Religion/Dreams interpretation all advanced skills of Jupiter etc. If you think further, the upper 7th to 12th are somehow external and foreign to us things we have to learn based on the foundations of the 1st to 6th, somehow outside of our comfort zones, toward others, and must work with others; these forces are external toward our personal zones. Yet the ball bounce in between the two zones so events and growth, or frictions occur.
__________________
“I believe there is something of the divine mystery in everything that exists. We can see it sparkle in a sunflower or a poppy. We sense more of the unfathomable mystery in a butterfly that flutters from a twig--or in a goldfish swimming in a bowl. But we are closest to God in our own soul. Only there can we become one with the greatest mystery of life. In truth, at very rare moments we can experience that we ourselves are that divine mystery.” --Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
disease, house, sixth

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.