Is saturn squre venus = doom relationship?

tsmall

Premium Member
Here is a really good post about Venus square Saturn that indicates the need for reception in order to overcome the "doom" of this aspect.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=304428&postcount=5\

That bad thing is that one of the Ascendant Rulers squares the Ascendant Ruler of the other. The other bad thing is that it's Virgo Venus in square to a Nocturnal Retrograde Saturn. It's a Day Chart so actually Saturn would be the Air Triplicity Ruler.

The early degrees of Gemini are Mercury and Jupiter and Mercury and Venus in Virgo, so this square is without any Reception, and that would cause the relationship to eventually die, and in nearly the manner you described, as cold-hearted Saturn isn't all that affectionate.

MaeMae

Banned
i think the above reference is true only if the two parties, or one of the parties refuses to yield to the constraints of venus-saturn. if you're not "All In", then you're not "All In." Reception lends understanding of other's interest and expectations, but any aspect btwn these two will provide a structure that will BENEFIT the relationship and add longevity if rules, behaviors and efforts are in line. The biggestproblem any venus-saturn aspect encounters is apathy ~ lack of desire to make something tangible and of value. When individuals are on wrong ends of the continnum of valuing the relationship and setting up camp in it can be a matter of free will.
Think rulers of venus (taurus) and saturn (cap). they are trined with material outcomes desired. They both find in the other the common need to create something tangible and unwavering ~ something that is as solid and satisfying as a comfortable oak rocker. Venus wants comfort and saturn wants longevity. The square indicates the work needed to create lasting value.

Last edited:
Here is a really good post about Venus square Saturn that indicates the need for reception in order to overcome the "doom" of this aspect.

Looking at this, our square makes a lot of practical sense...venus in libra square saturn in cancer...our family dynamic is creating friction with our romantic dynamic, not so terrible, just the usual diffulculty having time together away from kids...I'll have to keep an eye on how that one plays out...our ascendant rulers are tightly sextile eachother...sorry, not trying to hijack thread, just maybe my observations are in line with op's topic...i hope!

JUPITERASC

Looking at this, our square makes a lot of practical sense...venus in libra square saturn in cancer...our family dynamic is creating friction with our romantic dynamic, not so terrible, just the usual diffulculty having time together away from kids...I'll have to keep an eye on how that one plays out...our ascendant rulers are tightly sextile eachother...sorry, not trying to hijack thread, just maybe my observations are in line with op's topic...i hope!

Deborah Houlding comments that people with Venus Saturn square experience difficulties in relationships and so Mutual Reception or any form of reception could ameliorate the apparent "doom" of the experience! For instance, in the above example Venus in Libra is in Saturn's Exaltation so if Saturn's degree in that particular chart were 20[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º[/FONT]-27[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º[/FONT]Cancer (Terms of Venus) then that could be a mixed reception

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/venusaspects.html
says: The square formed between Venus and Saturn shows difficulties in relationships. Because of this, you can be left out of the mainstream of social life sometimes. You have a melancholy disposition resulting in a shyness, or a formal and stiff manner of presenting yourself. You find it hard to meet people half way, perhaps because you fear rejection. A defensive attitude must be overcome. You have such a high degree of tension and anxiety that is hard for you to relax. :smile:

Well. Composite saturn 27 degrees cancer with us, mixed reception...
Thank you, Jupiterasc!

Yeah, I just couldn't buy it that our relationship is doomed...we are happy :love:

Kenoshamaensa

I find the reception idea intriguing.

With my ex, we had a Venus-Saturn square, my Saturn in Aquarius at the 29th degree, which is the decan ruled by Venus, square his Venus in Scorpio at the last decan, ruled by the moon. My Venus is trine his natal moon, with his natal moon at the Sun decan of Aries, and my Venus in Leo. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to help. We lasted 20 years, but the marriage didn't last, and I tend to see the Venus-Saturn square as a BIG part of why.

With the current fellow, it's my same Saturn in Aquarius, Venus's degree, squaring his Venus in Sagittarius, first decan, ruled by Jupiter. My Jupiter doesn't aspect his chart, but his Jupiter is trine my sun, which is in Venus's decan of Libra, but his Jupiter is in the Uranian decan of Aquarius. So I'm not see as much reception there. Then again, I'm not actually in a relationship with the current fellow (aside from good friendship). ;p

But I thought I'd throw the comparison out here.

I find the reception idea intriguing.

With my ex, we had a Venus-Saturn square, my Saturn in Aquarius at the 29th degree, which is the decan ruled by Venus, square his Venus in Scorpio at the last decan, ruled by the moon. My Venus is trine his natal moon, with his natal moon at the Sun decan of Aries, and my Venus in Leo. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to help. We lasted 20 years, but the marriage didn't last, and I tend to see the Venus-Saturn square as a BIG part of why.

With the current fellow, it's my same Saturn in Aquarius, Venus's degree, squaring his Venus in Sagittarius, first decan, ruled by Jupiter. My Jupiter doesn't aspect his chart, but his Jupiter is trine my sun, which is in Venus's decan of Libra, but his Jupiter is in the Uranian decan of Aquarius. So I'm not see as much reception there. Then again, I'm not actually in a relationship with the current fellow (aside from good friendship). ;p

But I thought I'd throw the comparison out here.

20 years is a long time! We should be so lucky (although I remember you wrote it wasn't very happy the last 10).

Last edited: