How do I know when my YODs are activated?

Hi Everyone,

Recently someone on here spoke about "Activating her YOD", and I went on to search the forum for knowing when Yods are activated by transits .

My Yods have been complicated , but I know there are beautiful meanings behind the challenges I go through my YODs. (and when I mean Beautiful I mean more in a spiritual level)

How do I know when my Yods ( 2) have been activated? Or what transits do I need to look out for when my Yods are being activated?

I am still learning about astrology and would love any feedback about Yods too.

Thank you all.

Last edited:

katydid

When planets transit from within 26 Taurus to 2 Gemini or from 26 scorpio to 2 sag, they will be triggering the double you in your chart.

Keep track of Mars and Jupiter as they move through Scorpio...:ninja:

IleneK

Premium Member
My understanding is that a yod configuration is comprised of aspects between three planets: two inconjuncts [also called quincunxes] which are connected by a sextile.

Or alternately the yod is described as when two planets are sextile (60° aspect) to each other, and both are then quincunx (150° aspect) to a third.

I do not see a yod in your chart. I see a single separating inconjunct from Moon to Sun. The orb to qualify as a quincunx is pretty tight, say three degrees, so I would not include Chiron which is greater than 5 degrees and also happens to oppose Moon by sign rather than being 5 signs apart.

So how might you know when your Sun Moon aspect is triggered?
Inconjuncts are actually non-aspects in traditional astrology. Modern astrology picks up the thread of that meaning by indicating that inconjunct planets are not able to integrate their energies in this aspect.

So I suppose what you might note within yourself when it is being triggered could be a heightened sense of confusion or disconnect between your Sun, your identity and your Moon, your feeling life. That is, how you see yourself and how you feel are not in accord. Then depending upon the size, speed and influence of the transiting or progressing planet that triggers it, you might find this quandry/confusion heightening in yourself when the triggering planet is within a few degrees, then stronger when exact, and then trailing off as the contacting planet moves away. The transiting planet may trigger your Sun or Moon by conjunction, square or opposition to either of them.

I hope this may offer you some thoughts to consider.

katydid

Although the planets involved, do not fit strictly into the definition of a yod, I do think the Moon /Pluto sextile is inconjucting the Sun/Chiron conjunction. So by midpoint that is a yod configuration.

And I think that planetary group will be working much like, if not exactly like, a yod does.

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi Illene
Thank you very much for the information. I have heard from other members on here, that what is on my chart isn't considered a Yod , while others do. I learned the way some read astrology is different for each . I am definitely taking your information and trying to understand your perspective of not having a Yod. I feel that all information that members post on here is valuable to me, as I am learning. ...

But a lot of things in my life didn't make sense and I couldn't understand why things happen to me...That is Until I read about Yods. I am not sure if My Sun and Moon alone had any much to do with it, but it is more the challenges that I did not have any control of. Like for instance, when I was 6 and half I was hit by a drunk driver ( was in a comma), At nine years old I caught a bad case of Lyme disease and so on . I wondered where all these challenges came from, and what harm did I do to deserve it ?. Or why is that many things I start , are always going through some "critical changes ", in which I am the one that gets affected by it? This can be in jobs, relationships, or even a simple class at school. The changes seem to fall on me the hardest. When I was told I had Yods, a few months ago , I have been reading about on how to work with my Yods. I am still not sure how to activate them , but I am feeling a bit better in understanding why so many things happen to me that is not under my control. Even though I am recovering from a dark time in my life, I no longer ask "Why me", but instead ask , What can I do to help all these situations I have no control of? And I know the answer lies in understanding my yods completely. , even if its is in a spiritual way.

And please do not think I am rejecting your comment. On the contrary . I am taking all the information and jotting it down. I love understanding peoples point of views and learning .
Thank you once again.
:biggrin:

I respect very much what you and Katydid are saying. I will tell you that I had the same experience when I was beginning to try to find some answers about myself through my natal chart. I have a Sun Moon square. And it was not until I discovered the asteroids, in particular, Chiron in difficult Scorpio, that I saw I had a t-square configuration, with Chiron opposite Sun and exactly square my Moon. It told me reams about my psychological profile and orientation!! It was major.

Many disregarded the asteroids then and now. In fact, I do not put much weight on them, including Chiron, now. Mine and hopefully all our thinking evolves, grows, changes. But the recognition of this configuration for me was highly illuminating and clarifying.

So I suppose I am on both [if not more :smile:] sides of this issue that you presented and we have discussed.
And I think both you and Katydid are making excellent arguments and analysis. I am glad if I have contributed a bit to the discussion.
Best to you both.

Last edited:

1nluv

I agree that these aren't yods, even by a loose definition. Your troubles might have more to do with your Mars/Sun and Saturn/Chiron oppositions.