Chat Thread

AquarianRising

Happy New Year from Boston!

Resolution: Moderate my drinking habits... maybe.

Cheers!

That's one reason I don't drink: the snowball effect. :pinched:

Well, that and alcohol smells and tastes like shoe-leather from a Detroit garbage dump. (Not that I know what that would smell like; just using my imagination.)

AquarianRising

No......

I think highly of other people. Not everyone, of course.

:annoyed:

I think you hold certain criteria for conduct and those who don't operate within the parameters of that criteria you consider to be worthless and stupid. I believe Liberals, particularly in the far-left, could stand to educate themselves, but I don't buy for a second that they are without worth. And I've already explained my stance on the homeless. (Many of whom, by the by, are mentally disordered. Schizophrenia, bipolar, PTSD, etc. That's not something they can help, dude. They deserve as much basic consideration as any other person you don't know. That said, I won't be volunteering at a soup kitchen anytime soon, and you aren't obligated to, either. There are plenty of folks already doing that.)

Ukpoohbear

Homeless people are worthless or stupid lol that comment was funny because politicians or billionaires are all clever then?

Rich and successful people can be stupid because they only have successful jobs because of their lifestyle. I believe it is called Nespoticism.

The good thing about capitalism is you can get the odd person that can build their way up to success but even that is luck and there will be a background story of having a parent who sacrificed everything for the next generation to have the opportunity to become successful, or the 1 in a million person who is ambitious and smart enough to become successful in business.

Apart from that small chance of moving social class then worth and intelligence is not determined by being homeless.

My first ever deep meditation I had when younger was of me walking along the street in a city somewhere with a briefcase being very proud and successful and I saw a homeless me sitting on the ground by herself and I wanted to be the homeless person. The successful me looked over and wanted to be the homeless me!

What was it telling me? Your guess is as good as mine but maybe something to do with self esteem being connected to inner worth and not by what you have.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

Not having valuable skills is not the same thing as not having skills that others value. And as I was homeless for about a month, I can say with certainty that not all homeless are unintelligent. Sometimes life just throws you a loop. You deal with it as best you can, and sometimes the options aren't great. Couldn't find anyplace where I was at that would let me rent at a price-range I could afford and also let me keep Bella. I wasn't getting rid of Bella, however. That was never an option. Some folk may not appreciate dogs for what and who they are, but Bella's my baby. Probably the only I'll ever have. And she appreciated me through periods no human did, so that earns her my loyalty, in my book. Tail or no tail. (Kinda f*cked when dogs are often more humane than most humans.)

As to being unpleasant, many would say you are, too, so careful where you aim that dogma.

Perfectly said, and this guy here has great skills https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAx9D3ae5ME im learning to play the same song, and im no where near as talented as he his.

And this guy has 3 degrees....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eNPAH46oI8

All dogs are very loyal :love:

Last edited:

AppLeo

I think you hold certain criteria for conduct and those who don't operate within the parameters of that criteria you consider to be worthless and stupid.

Yeah, it's called having standards.

I believe Liberals, particularly in the far-left, could stand to educate themselves, but I don't buy for a second that they are without worth.

They're worthwhile people when it comes to helping their family and fulfilling jobs in the economy. Their philosophy isn't though. It's because of what they believe everyone's lives aren't as good as they should be.

And I've already explained my stance on the homeless. (Many of whom, by the by, are mentally disordered. Schizophrenia, bipolar, PTSD, etc. That's not something they can help, dude.

People who have disorders are a burden on their society and families. They aren't even worthless; they're destructive.

It doesn't matter if you can help it or not. lol

They deserve as much basic consideration as any other person you don't know. That said, I won't be volunteering at a soup kitchen anytime soon, and you aren't obligated to, either. There are plenty of folks already doing that.)

More like, it's a waste of your time to serve soup to homeless people and you have better things to do with your life.

AppLeo

Homeless people are worthless or stupid lol that comment was funny because politicians or billionaires are all clever then?.

It's not about being intelligent. And usually, billionaires are more intelligent than the average person because they do things no one else can do. If everyone could be a billionaire, everyone would be a billionaire. Can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want a lot of money.

Billionaires have way more worth than anyone on the planet because they've given more value to world than anybody else. No one is rich because they're lucky :lol:

To grow, keep, and maintain an insanely large amount of wealth is a skill that only 1% of people have... or like the top 10%. Money is a direct indicator of how valuable someone is.

Homeless people have nothing because they have nothing to give. They just sit on the street and do nothing. How does that make someone worthwhile?? It makes them worthless.

Ukpoohbear

It's not about being intelligent. And usually, billionaires are more intelligent than the average person because they do things no one else can do. If everyone could be a billionaire, everyone would be a billionaire. Can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want a lot of money.

Billionaires have way more worth than anyone on the planet because they've given more value to world than anybody else. No one is rich because they're lucky :lol:

To grow, keep, and maintain an insanely large amount of wealth is a skill that only 1% of people have... or like the top 10%. Money is a direct indicator of how valuable someone is.

Homeless people have nothing because they have nothing to give. They just sit on the street and do nothing. How does that make someone worthwhile?? It makes them worthless.

In terms of the economy they are a burden yes but the nature of business means people will have to lose so everyone is connected. No one wants to be poor and there is no cut off point to be rich so you can never be rich enough. So the poor will get poorer. It is a cycle.

Person A - Born into a wealthy family he has the names of the right school on his C.V and he will have access to becoming as successful as his lineage. He chose to squander the opportunity. Once he has tired of the playboy lifestyle he finally decides to go to rehab and settle down in a £100k job.

Person B- Born into a poor family with access to education. Person B squanders his opportunity and ends up in a cycle of drug addiction and in prison for the rest of his life. He might eventually get a job serving fast food when he gets out.

Same people but with ambition -

Person A is born with the same drive his Father was and succeeds in becoming a billionaire thanks to the opportunity he was born with but also his talent.

Person B is born with drive and wants to better himself. He studies hard and is the first person to go to university. He is a success and earns £30K a year.

As you can see from the example, the poor person will never earn as much as the rich person so wealth does not determine worth.

Now wealth is not determined by worth lets go back to homeless people and for this I use the example of a Utopian society where everything you need you get and if you order something it is delivered on time. There is never any rubbish or any crime.

How is that even possible? Because you hide the ugly side of society in order for Utopia to exist. But that does not mean the rubbish is not stored somewhere else. The rich need the poor.

Last edited:

AppLeo

In capitalism, there are only win-win situations.

Everyone can only gain.

Besides, America and our economy has way more opportunities than any other country. You can’t complain if person A does better than person B.

Ukpoohbear

In capitalism, there are only win-win situations.

Everyone can only gain.

Besides, America and our economy has way more opportunities than any other country. You can’t complain if person A does better than person B.

I can complain when worth is determined by money and the example of the person born into wealth but who squanders it still will earn more than the poor person who was sensible with ambition?

In capitalism, people at the top of the food chain win because they have the control of how much to sell the products for that the poor need.

The poor are trapped because they do not have the same opportunity.

I wont complain if the rich person is successful the same as I wont complain if the poor person is successful but I will complain if wealth determines worth because it determines opportunity not worth. Therefore homeless people are not worthless, although some will be. Some rich people are worthless, some are not.

Btw I don't believe rich people should feel guilty either that's the same as wanting poor people to feel worthless.

AppLeo

The poor aren’t trapped. It’s just harder for them to be “successful.”

As time passes, more and more opportunities will arise for everyone.