12th House Lord in 2nd House=Financial Doom?

moonsong7

Hello all! I'm just a newbie to astrology, but already quite fascinated with it and how past transits align with certain events and natal aspects are in tune with my personality. Constantly learning. But learning with others is more fun.

I also posted this in the Read my Chart portion of the forum. But I have a more specific question concerning my chart.

I keep on seeing that 12th house is the house of hidden enemies, self-undoing, etc etc, basically not a good house to have planets in. I don't have any planets in there, but 12th house ruler (moon) is in 2nd house. Yikes. What does this mean for me financially? Especially considering that the moon has a bunch of squares. Am I just tearing myself apart here? :andy:

Also, jupiter's my almuten figuris and has oppositions as well. How might all this manifest?

I'm a sag sun (barely made the escape from scorpio), so I like to remain optimistic. Maybe the gods of finance will shine down on me yet? :wink: What do y'all think?

Attachments

• natalchart_astro.gif
    natalchart_astro.gif
    55.5 KB · Views: 32

Kalyxa

The twelfth house really gets a bad rep, but it's not necessarily a bad place to have planets. It's just misunderstood because it represents the unknown, unconscious parts of our psyche. Activity in the twelfth house leads to our 'undoing' only if we allow it to by not consciously recognizing and dealing with the energies there. I wouldn't worry too much about the ruler of your twelfth house being in the second house. What does really stick out about your chart though is the T-square aspect with Jupiter opposing Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune, with all those planets squaring your Moon in centre. T-squares can be a challenging aspect to deal with but they also present a lot of opportunity for personal growth if you are able to recognize and work with the energy in a positive way. The second house represents your sense of security and what you value. Finances are a part of this but it also extends to personal, non-tangible values as well. With the moon there being affected by all those squares, you are likely to face continual challenges in your personal life that affect your sense of security (both material and non-material), and possibly your sense of self-worth. This will be more noticeable when transiting planets, especially the outer planets, are aspecting any of the planets involved in the T-square, or if they are passing through Aries, in which case they will form a temporary grand cross with your natal chart.

moonsong7

Thank you for that insight! That was very helpful.

Life would be convenient without any struggles, but boring. Guess my goal is to challenge my sense/idea of self-worth, financial and otherwise, with continuous ups and downs. Just need to put my game face on and endure eh?

JUPITERASC

Hello all! I'm just a newbie to astrology, but already quite fascinated with it and how past transits align with certain events and natal aspects are in tune with my personality. Constantly learning. But learning with others is more fun.

I also posted this in the Read my Chart portion of the forum. But I have a more specific question concerning my chart.

I keep on seeing that 12th house is the house of hidden enemies, self-undoing, etc etc, basically not a good house to have planets in. I don't have any planets in there, but 12th house ruler (moon) is in 2nd house. Yikes. What does this mean for me financially? Especially considering that the moon has a bunch of squares. Am I just tearing myself apart here? :andy:

Also, jupiter's my almuten figuris and has oppositions as well. How might all this manifest?

I'm a sag sun (barely made the escape from scorpio), so I like to remain optimistic. Maybe the gods of finance will shine down on me yet? :wink: What do y'all think?
Moon is the fastest movng planet and so is a significator for change :smile:
your financial state may fluctuate/be changeable dependent on many factors including your own choices

HOUSES OF WEALTH a thread started by poyi is a good read http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49941

Oddity

I haven't looked at your chart a great deal, but with Moon in 2 and ruling 12, you could find that money comes to you through hospitals, prisons, or by secrets, or other 12th house matters. With moon's sextile to Mercury in 4, it could mean that you write about such things. Or those planets might tie together in a different way, but they will tie together. The Jupiter square isn't completely malevolent since it's exalted in Cancer, which the moon rules - there's good reception there. It may mean that you'll have to work at things a little, though.

Just off the cuff. It doesn't necessarily mean financial disaster. Looking at your triplicity rulers, the worst part of your life overall financially appears to be past or nearly so (Mercury in Sag, in detriment). The other two rulers are Saturn and Jupiter, both of which are highly dignified and placed pretty well in the chart, albeit opposed.

Trip rulers are a rough guide to the material conditions of life.

I do have to add that moon in 2, especially in aspect to Jupiter, can lead to overspending and not holding onto money. Given the 12th house connotation of self-undoing, that's something you might want to watch out for/cure yourself of if it's a problem.

Last edited: