Will I get a concert ticket?

la dona

Best friends planned weekend road trip and on one of the 2 days, we're to attend a jazzfest. I didn't realize how huge this concert/festival was/is. I totally procrastinated & now the concert which is 2 days is sold out for Sunday, July 22nd, which is the day we're attend. All other arrangements have been made.

I haven't told them yet, and am nervous of their wrath. I've scoured online to purchase tickets and their pretty much triple the price. I really, truly can't afford that.

Any hope I'll get a ticket to go at cost or maybe by not that much more, if at all?

I'm Mars in 11h? and tickets are a 5h issue? Pisces? They aspect, so is that a yes? and if so, how? What will I need to do?

I'm in a pickle. There are worse situations, I know...but curious nonetheless. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_84_ticket_hr.80686.21165.jpg
    astro_2gw_84_ticket_hr.80686.21165.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 39

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

-querent = 1st houss = Scorpio = Mars
-quesited (tickets) = 2nd house = Sagittarius = Jupiter
-lucky strike NN is in 2nd house = + testimony
-2nd house significator Jupiter is in detriment in Gemini, in 8th whole sign house and conjunct the SN = - testimony
-querent (Mars) flows away from Jupiter (tickets) = - testimony (Mars is also in the 12th whole sign house of disappointments, and Mars is in its detriment in Libra)
-querent co-significator Moon is exalted in Taurus (+) but is in a pitted degree (blocked degree) of that sign (-) = net neutral testimony

...looks like the indications are (net -1 testimony) that you probably won't be able to obtain the tickets for a reasonable price (hope I am wrong!!)-MAYBE the lucky NN in the tickets house (2nd house) might yield a sudden stroke of luck (let's hope so!!)

la dona

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

-querent = 1st houss = Scorpio = Mars
-quesited (tickets) = 2nd house = Sagittarius = Jupiter
-lucky strike NN is in 2nd house = + testimony
-2nd house significator Jupiter is in detriment in Gemini, in 8th whole sign house and conjunct the SN = - testimony
-querent (Mars) flows away from Jupiter (tickets) = - testimony (Mars is also in the 12th whole sign house of disappointments, and Mars is in its detriment in Libra)
-querent co-significator Moon is exalted in Taurus (+) but is in a pitted degree (blocked degree) of that sign (-) = net neutral testimony

...looks like the indications are (net -1 testimony) that you probably won't be able to obtain the tickets for a reasonable price (hope I am wrong!!)-MAYBE the lucky NN in the tickets house (2nd house) might yield a sudden stroke of luck (let's hope so!!)

Dr. Farr, I'm honored that you have responded to my horary. I follow your posts trying to learn astro on various threads but usually don't post. I'm a total Dr. Farr fan =).

Thanks so much for the analysis. I'm going to read, and re-read this analysis so I can better understand your hypothesis.

Maybe I'll win some tickets or those "famous" LA connections from my college heyday will come into play and someone will take pity on a ditzy girl, lol. Heck, I'm so desperate, I twittered about the situation so maybe someone will read my tweets & take favor.

Read on another website that they release very minimal same day- general admission tickets on the morning of, but lines are usually longer than the availability. I thought Coachella was the famous festival but I guess it's not the only one.

NN means luck? I thought Rahu swallows everything + up. I'll take all the luck I can get but I've never won the lotto and I sure am not skinny enough or young & brazen to sneak in. Le Sigh.

I'll definitely update with the outcome. I'm just debating whether to wait it out or grab the stubhub ticket. :whistling::crying::sad::wink::innocent::devil::rightful:

dr. farr

Re the North Node (Rahu in Vedic)
-in Western astrological tradition (especially among Modernist authors) the NN is a benefic, of the nature of Jupiter+Venus (this view originated around the time of Gerard of Cremona,c 13th century AD)
-in Vedic astrological tradition, the NN is considered by most to be a natural malefic (which can become a functional benefic under certain circumstances) A relatively small minority consider Rahu to be a natural benefic.

My view regarding the essential nature of the Dragon's Head agrees with the Western outlook, and with the minority opinion in Vedic astrology, ie, that the NN is essentially a benefic and "lucky strike" Cosmic influence (which CAN be rendered malefic under certain circumstances, but which is usually benefic)

la dona

So, because of NN being interpreted as a potential lucky strike I've gone back and am re-analyzing another horary chart that I've done & decided to post in another horary section (hint, hint Dr. Farr =))

I've read in vedic that Rahu in 2nd is beneficial but being in Sco it was viewed as not so helpful but now I will try to view it as more positive than negative in light of your explanation.

Thank you so much for expounding on this principle & viewpoints. It's truly appreciated.

XO-La Dona

Anachiel

I'm curious how this turns out for you. Traditionally, the Moon is void here which is not a positive indication of getting any tickets. However, in Taurus she can function somewhat but, we still want to see if the main signficators come together. As the Moon co-signifes you, there you are in the house of the seller (of the tickets), the 7th but making no connections (the Moon is void).

The seller is signfied by Venus, which has left a trine with you, Mars. It appears, to me, that you may not be able to get a ticket.

Mars does go to a trine Jupiter but, Jupiter is really not well placed so, I do not think it will help much here. I could be wrong...

It seems to me, in this chart, that if anyone was able to get a ticket it would be a friend of yours because Mercury and Venus come together; Mercury rules the tickets and your friend and Venus, the seller. So, they can come together and possibly make this happen. That's the best I can pull out of this for you.

la dona

I got a ticket via Facebook on the concert/festival's page via a post I placed on it. I ended up having to pay $100.00 for a $55.00 ticket- so still double but less than stubhub. I could of possibly gotten something cheaper if I waited longer but I didn't want to take the risk.
I feel really stupid for waiting so long. I should've just bought the ticket when everyone else did. I hope it's not a fake or anything but it seem legit. The girl who sold her ticket was going to come from Hawaii but when a performer she was excited to see wasn't added she decided it wasn't worth the price of coming from so far.
Will update after the weekend to let y'all now it really was a legitimate ticket. I'm still nervous about it. :)

Anachiel

I'm sure it is fine. Mars and Jupiter trine did work out. Jupiter rules the 5th of entertainment. It wasn't well placed so I wasn't sure about how well it would perfect this particular matter. I'm glad to see it did (and can).

Enjoy! and thanks for the update :)

dr. farr

Thanks too, for the update; I was pretty sure from the chart that you would not obtain the ticket for its regular cost, although perhaps a $45 premium might still be fairly reasonable: perhaps this was the effect of the Lucky Strike North Node, keeping the price lower than it would have been otherwise!

la dona

The ticket was legitimate and I had no problems entering at the gate. I had a great time on my road trip with my friends and the festival was fun. I guess it all ended well.

Thanks for the horary analysis Dr. Farr & Anachiel. I enjoyed the thread immensely. :biggrin:

Best,

La Dona

dr. farr

The ticket was legitimate and I had no problems entering at the gate. I had a great time on my road trip with my friends and the festival was fun. I guess it all ended well.

Thanks for the horary analysis Dr. Farr & Anachiel. I enjoyed the thread immensely. :biggrin:

Best,

La Dona

Good news!! Glad you had a great time:biggrin:!