Nursing/psychology ?

Chrysalis

Would nursing and psychology both be ruled by the 6th house ? or would psychology be 12th or even 3rd ?

Last edited:

moonwitch

Hi Chrysalis:

For psychology I'd use 9th. If you're talking about learning nursing I'd use 9th as well, otherwise for someone working as a nurse I'd use 6th.

Cheers.

Aquarius358

Would nursing and psychology both be ruled by the 6th house ? or would psychology be 12th or even 3rd ?

Hi,
In Lee Lehman's book "The Book of Rulerships" shows NURSES : Moon, AB249; GA972; LI081. This book is an excellent resource and is the result of her extensive research into sources for using planets to signify certain things.

The prefix AB indicates al Biruni. GA indicates Gadbury while LI indicates Lilly.

What you use I think would depend on the question.

6 ruler is the signifier for a querent's ill health (mental included) or someone who works really hard at a job, or colleagues at work who are not close like friends with the querent - and those in the caring professions. So, if you were asking "Can I trust my mother's nurse to do a good job?" well, yes, 6th from the 10th could be used as the person caring for my mother.

If the question was something like "Should I take up nursing as a career?" then the 6th House ruler could possibly be involved in a positive way if it turned up in the 10th of the horary and was well dignified. But it wouldn't have to be in the 10th. If 9 ruler was well dignified and connected to the querent, that would be a positive indicator that was really significant.

If you're asking about PSYCHOLOGY as a subject to study, it would of course be 9 ruler - but so would any subject of higher learning, like the law.

Lehman's Book of Rulerships shows "Mental Disorders" signified by MOON in 6th House, GA054 and also SUN in 6th House GA053. So, again, 6th House is important.

An excellent memory, Lehman lists, is Mercury in the 4th House (GA050) and a good memory is shown by Mercury - even poor memory is shown by Mercury! Interestingly, Saturn shows "Deep Memory" (DA018.) (DA being Dariot.) So, if you were looking at a signifier for, say, dementia, Mercury would be a good place to start.

A few thoughts... hope they're of some help. ______