Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Technique

Horary Technique This sub-board is the placeholder for all threads concerning theoretical and technical issues in horary astrology.

Unread 02-06-2018, 11:42 PM

Duplicate Signficator & Planets in the Houses

When you ask to Horary, who is more trusty between two people? And if one is in Taurus house, and the other Libra, then both ruler / siginificator is Venus?

What does that imply? = are they both same? Are they accomplice = working together?

But when these houses have other planet such as Mars or Mercury in them, which one is more significant for significator? The rulers = Venus? Or the planets in the house?

Unread 02-07-2018, 01:49 AM

Re: Duplicate Signficator & Planets in the Houses

Please post the chart. This isn't enough information to go on.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 02-07-2018, 11:04 AM

The forum rule says, Do not post Horary questions or chart in this forum.
Could moderators confirm that if it is OK or not? Thanks
Unread 02-07-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senecar View Post
When you ask to Horary, who is more trusty between two people? And if one is in Taurus house, and the other Libra, then both ruler / siginificator is Venus?

What does that imply? = are they both same? Are they accomplice = working together?

But when these houses have other planet such as Mars or Mercury in them, which one is more significant for significator? The rulers = Venus? Or the planets in the house?
Dear,
it is good to upload the map as waybread says, not to analyze it but to see exactly what are you asking. It is helpful.
Quote:
i dont know the question and the matter (It has an important role), anyway i will try. If there is another planet inside the house you must check what is doing. these planets describe a situation or even the same person. Also you can check the Almouten of the house and the moon. Where is she and what is she doing???? Also if we have the same planets we can use the natural planet.

Quote:
When you ask to Horary, who is more trusty between two people?
also you looking for the essential dignity to this

it is not so simple - some chart and questions are complicate and not easy
Unread 02-07-2018, 02:21 PM

Thank you for your feedback Sunrise.

Unfortunately I couldn't locate the chart, which generated this OP.

I will come back with a chart, if it comes out with this issue in the future. cheers.
Unread 02-07-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
If you've got two different planets/significators, both ruled by the same planet/venus as in your example being in taurus/libra...they will still have different dignity's in each sign regardless of both their dispositors being the same, for trustworthy you'd look at dignity of the planet and the house they are in.
Quote:

Don't understand what your asking here ?
Senecar (02-07-2018)
Unread 02-07-2018, 07:27 PM

Just got another chart, which looks similar.

See the 1st house and 10th house both their ruler is Mercury? What does that imply? Are they working together / helping each other? Are they accomplice? Are they competing?

And also in 4th House Scorpio, the ruler is Mars, which is in the house, but there is also Moon in 4th house? Which one is stronger?

And you see 8th House Aries, the ruler is Mars, but Uranus is placed in there. In that case Uranus is more significant than Mars? Or Mars?
Unread 02-07-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:

Just got another chart, which looks similar.

See the 1st house and 10th house both their ruler is Mercury? [/What does that imply? Are they working together / helping each other? Are they accomplice? Are they competing?
1st and 10th house rulers are sun/venus how you getting mercury ?
Quote:
And also in 4th House Scorpio, the ruler is Mars, which is in the house, but there is also Moon in 4th house? Which one is stronger?
Which planet has the most dignity in the sign/s they are in ?
Quote:
And you see 8th House Aries, the ruler is Mars, but Uranus is placed in there. In that case Uranus is more significant than Mars? Or Mars?
Ruler of 8th house is jupiter, and uranus is in the 9th house.
Unread 02-07-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
1st and 10th house rulers are sun/venus how you getting mercury ?Which planet has the most dignity in the sign/s they are in ?

Ruler of 8th house is jupiter, and uranus is in the 9th house.
OMG, I was confused with the cusps. I read the Cusp after ASC as 1st House cusp and so on.

OK, do it again. Looking at the 10th house and 3rd house both of their ruler is Venus, correct? Are they helping each other? Communicating? Are they same = one doesn't exist, and one is playing out the other?
Unread 02-21-2018, 12:01 PM

This is a question about Venus being ruler of both 3rd and 10th House.
Unread 03-04-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Looking at the 10th house and 3rd house both of their ruler is Venus, correct? Are they helping each other? Communicating?
I've used this idea occasionally because it seemed to fit the situation but only with the 3rd and 10th house for some reason, ie: public communications OR mother and sister. So I was linking the two ideas but wouldn't necessarily suggest they were working together.

I have no idea whether this is correct practice or not; it just seemed to fit the situation at the time. (These were my own charts)

Generally when you are looking at two houses with the same ruler like the 1st and 10th you would consider the ruler and its condition (essential dignity, fortitude, debility, aspects, fixed stars, etc) to describe the condition of that house.

So if you have Virgo on the ASC and Gemini on the MC and Mercury is in Virgo (domicile plus exaltation) in the first you would say that the first house is in good condition (the querent is in good shape) and the 10th house (career) is in good shape. If the question was "should I take this job offer" and the condition of the 10th is good, then the answer is yes.

Conversely, if Mercury were in Pisces (detriment and fall) in the 6th and the question was the same you would consider the querent to be in not very good shape nor the proposed job. So the answer to whether you should take the job would probably be: "only if you have to, to keep body and soul together" ie: you need the money badly.

Hope this helps.

"What was supposed to be so special about a full moon? It was only a big circle of light. And the dark of the moon was only darkness. But halfway between the two, when the moon was between the worlds of light and dark, when even the moon lived on the edge...maybe then a witch could believe in the moon." Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad
The Following User Says Thank You to moonwitch For This Useful Post:
Senecar (03-04-2018)
Unread 03-04-2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
I've used this idea occasionally because it seemed to fit the situation but only with the 3rd and 10th house for some reason, ie: public communications OR mother and sister. So I was linking the two ideas but wouldn't necessarily suggest they were working together.

I have no idea whether this is correct practice or not; it just seemed to fit the situation at the time. (These were my own charts)

Generally when you are looking at two houses with the same ruler like the 1st and 10th you would consider the ruler and its condition (essential dignity, fortitude, debility, aspects, fixed stars, etc) to describe the condition of that house.

So if you have Virgo on the ASC and Gemini on the MC and Mercury is in Virgo (domicile plus exaltation) in the first you would say that the first house is in good condition (the querent is in good shape) and the 10th house (career) is in good shape. If the question was "should I take this job offer" and the condition of the 10th is good, then the answer is yes.

Conversely, if Mercury were in Pisces (detriment and fall) in the 6th and the question was the same you would consider the querent to be in not very good shape nor the proposed job. So the answer to whether you should take the job would probably be: "only if you have to, to keep body and soul together" ie: you need the money badly.

Hope this helps.

Great post MW. Thank you for your feedback and advice

Tags
duplicate, houses, planets, signficator