Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Mundane Astrology

Mundane Astrology Discuss the astrology of towns, cities, states, provinces, countries, empires, and the world in general.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 10-15-2021, 10:34 PM
chay chay is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 1,254
Ingress Charts & Covid

I'm hoping this thread could help me learn about Ingress Charts
I haven't cast one myself before but I believe they are taken from the moment of 0deg into a Cardinal Sign?
Please correct me if wrong.
Would location make a huge difference to a chart? Given that in New Zealand we're a day ahead of US etc.
Would you use a location of power or your own current location?
Are houses a factor in an Ingress chart?
Are any aspects to 0 deg to the Cardinals the prominent ones?
Or do you look to the MC & Asc?
Would you look at it the same way you look at a natal?
Its morning here and I have a busy day, I will not have time to post a chart myself until this evening.
I know Martha Lang- Westcott has done an Ingress chart using a Uranian Dial & including Asteroids, I will try & do a similar one on Astrodienst & share here if there is interest.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chay For This Useful Post:
leomoon (10-23-2021)
  #2  
Unread 10-15-2021, 11:25 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 73,435
Re: Ingress Charts & Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chay View Post

I'm hoping this thread could help me learn about Ingress Charts
I haven't cast one myself before

but I believe they are taken from the moment of 0deg into a Cardinal Sign?
Please correct me if wrong.
Would location make a huge difference to a chart?

Given that in New Zealand we're a day ahead of US etc.
Would you use a location of power or your own current location?
Relocate the chart(s) to your country
in this case New Zealand
and
for maximum accuracy, use the "...foundation point..."
eg: Romania = Alba Iulia, not Bucharesti
Japan = Kyoto, not Tokyo
Spain = Toledo, not Madrid
and so on


keep in mind that traditionally

Mundane astrology is Hierarchical

and
Starting with the Grand Conjunction
any Natal Chart is 7th in the pecking order
Horary is below any Natal Chart
and is lowest on the Mundane Hierarchy



MUNDANE ASTROLOGY HIERARCHY
Grand Conjunction 1702
21 May 1702

Great Mutation (Earth) 1802
17 Jul 1802


Great Conjunction 2021
December 2021


Great Malefic 2004
25 May 2004

....is currently the operating Malefic Chart
and then the following will become operative....
Great Malefic 2034
26 Jun 2034


2021 Aries Ingress
March 2021



INSERT YOUR NATAL CHART HERE
That is where your place is in the hierarchy of charts.
INSERT HORARY CHART HERE
That is where horary charts are in the hierarchy of charts


Quote:
Originally Posted by chay View Post

Are houses a factor in an Ingress chart?
Are any aspects to 0 deg to the Cardinals the prominent ones?
Or do you look to the MC & Asc?
Would you look at it the same way you look at a natal?
Its morning here and I have a busy day, I will not have time to post a chart myself until this evening.
I know Martha Lang- Westcott has done an Ingress chart using a Uranian Dial & including Asteroids
I will try & do a similar one on Astrodienst & share here
if there is interest.

The word ingress from Latin ingressus, to '...go in...' or '...enter...'.
The chart of the Aries ingress is drawn
for the moment that the Sun enters the very first minute of that sign
which is the beginning of a new cycle for the Sun.

in traditional astrology
if the ascendant of the ingress chart is in a moveable sign
the chart remains valid for three months only
and it is necessary to draw further charts
for the Sun's entry into Cancer, Libra and Capricorn.
If the ascendant is in a common sign
the chart remains valid for six months, and the Sun's ingress into Libra
should be used for the remaining half of the year.
If the ascendant is in a fixed sign, however, the chart remains valid for the whole year.


As in all mundane work, the meanings of the planets and houses need to be adapted to
the circumstances of a nation rather than an individual.
The following offers an introductory guide.

https://www.skyscript.co.uk/ingresses.html




In ancient times Jupiter and Saturn were
the outermost known planets
and were called by astrologers of old the "...Great Chronocrators...".
For millennia
the alignment of these two planets
has been regarded
as a significator of great social
economic
and
political watersheds - historic turning points, if you will.
hence
referred to as
"...The Great Conjunction.."
clearly then
Juiter Saturn conjunctions have been charted for millenia
by MUNDANE ASTROLOGERS


Jupiter's alignment with Saturn
occurs at intervals of just under 20 years
The aspect is occasionally repeated due to a retrograde
of one or both planets.
Each successive conjunction
not counting retrograde repeats
occurs at a mean advance of
approximately 243 degrees relative to its predecessor
although from one alignment to the next
this arc can vary considerably.

Every third conjunction
i.e.
once every 60 years
brings the alignment back
to its starting place, plus around 9 degrees:
this 60 year cycle is termed
FIRST ORDER RECURRENCE of the conjunction.

Every 40th conjunction - roughly once every 800 years -
brings the alignment back to within about 1 degree of its starting place:
this approximate 800 year cycle is termed SECOND ORDER RECURRENCE
aka GREAT MUTATION CYCLE


.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
leomoon (10-23-2021)
  #3  
Unread 10-16-2021, 05:50 AM
chay chay is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 1,254
Re: Ingress Charts & Covid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Relocate the chart(s) to your country
in this case New Zealand
and
for maximum accuracy, use the "...foundation point..."
eg: Romania = Alba Iulia, not Bucharesti
Japan = Kyoto, not Tokyo
Spain = Toledo, not Madrid
and so on


keep in mind that traditionally

Mundane astrology is Hierarchical

and
Starting with the Grand Conjunction
any Natal Chart is 7th in the pecking order
Horary is below any Natal Chart
and is lowest on the Mundane Hierarchy



MUNDANE ASTROLOGY HIERARCHY
Grand Conjunction 1702
21 May 1702

Great Mutation (Earth) 1802
17 Jul 1802


Great Conjunction 2021
December 2021


Great Malefic 2004
25 May 2004

....is currently the operating Malefic Chart
and then the following will become operative....
Great Malefic 2034
26 Jun 2034


2021 Aries Ingress
March 2021



INSERT YOUR NATAL CHART HERE
That is where your place is in the hierarchy of charts.
INSERT HORARY CHART HERE
That is where horary charts are in the hierarchy of charts



The word ingress from Latin ingressus, to '...go in...' or '...enter...'.
The chart of the Aries ingress is drawn
for the moment that the Sun enters the very first minute of that sign
which is the beginning of a new cycle for the Sun.

in traditional astrology
if the ascendant of the ingress chart is in a moveable sign
the chart remains valid for three months only
and it is necessary to draw further charts
for the Sun's entry into Cancer, Libra and Capricorn.
If the ascendant is in a common sign
the chart remains valid for six months, and the Sun's ingress into Libra
should be used for the remaining half of the year.
If the ascendant is in a fixed sign, however, the chart remains valid for the whole year.


As in all mundane work, the meanings of the planets and houses need to be adapted to
the circumstances of a nation rather than an individual.
The following offers an introductory guide.

https://www.skyscript.co.uk/ingresses.html




In ancient times Jupiter and Saturn were
the outermost known planets
and were called by astrologers of old the "...Great Chronocrators...".
For millennia
the alignment of these two planets
has been regarded
as a significator of great social
economic
and
political watersheds - historic turning points, if you will.
hence
referred to as
"...The Great Conjunction.."
clearly then
Juiter Saturn conjunctions have been charted for millenia
by MUNDANE ASTROLOGERS


Jupiter's alignment with Saturn
occurs at intervals of just under 20 years
The aspect is occasionally repeated due to a retrograde
of one or both planets.
Each successive conjunction
not counting retrograde repeats
occurs at a mean advance of
approximately 243 degrees relative to its predecessor
although from one alignment to the next
this arc can vary considerably.

Every third conjunction
i.e.
once every 60 years
brings the alignment back
to its starting place, plus around 9 degrees:
this 60 year cycle is termed
FIRST ORDER RECURRENCE of the conjunction.

Every 40th conjunction - roughly once every 800 years -
brings the alignment back to within about 1 degree of its starting place:
this approximate 800 year cycle is termed SECOND ORDER RECURRENCE
aka GREAT MUTATION CYCLE


.
Thank you so much for this. Very informative, maybe a little over my head, but I will have a look and see how I see it all. Also thanks for the link, a great website. Thanks very much.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chay For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (10-16-2021)
Reply

Tags
charts, covid, ingress

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.