Both significators in their fall, each other's domicile

lunaluna

I was practicing horary by trying to read a chart for a friend. It was related to her relationship.

Her bf was signified by the Moon, the 7th house cusp was Cancer. Although the question itself wasn't related to her bf cheating, I thought there might be someone else, because Mars was in the 7th house and separated from a trine with Moon, which was in her 11th, his turned 5th house.

I did not mention this to my friend. I don't have enough experience to put an idea like that in someone's head.

The thing that intrigued me though, was the reception.
Both Mars and Moon were in each other's domicile, but also their own fall. I did not know how to interpret this. Any ideas???

waybread

Can you show the chart? And give us the specific question? I'm not clear on how Mars separates from the moon, which is the faster-moving planet.

I haven't heard that Mars in the 7th indicates cheating. I would view it as a co-significator of the BF.

The 5th house rules a number of things, notably one's children (if any,) and one's recreation or leisure activities. Back when horary astrology developed, casual sexual flings were seen as amusements, vs. marriage as a 7th house matter.

Last edited:

lunaluna

Can you show the chart? And give us the specific question? I'm not clear on how Mars separates from the moon, which is the faster-moving planet.

I haven't heard that Mars in the 7th indicates cheating. I would view it as a co-significator of the BF.

The 5th house rules a number of things, notably one's children (if any,) and one's recreation or leisure activities. Back when horary astrology developed, casual sexual flings were seen as amusements, vs. marriage as a 7th house matter.

I am a beginner so my use of terminology was skewed. So then Moon separates from a trine with Mars? That's what I meant to say, anyway.

My logic was, her bf being in the 5th house, as you said, house of casual sexual flings, separating from a trine with Mars, which is in his 1st house, maybe indicating that Mars is not a co-significator for the quesited but another person, especially since they aspect.

I am still curious about what it means when we have two planets that are in each other's domicile, but both in their own fall? Unrelated to this specific chart

tikana

I utterly DO NOT like seeing significator in fall or detriment. that is clear cut lying
plus notice moon is in water sign = silent
mars its dispositor is in fall as well = ill intention.

lunaluna

I utterly DO NOT like seeing significator in fall or detriment. that is clear cut lying
plus notice moon is in water sign = silent
mars its dispositor is in fall as well = ill intention.

Thanks for going straight to the point. A question, for learning purposes: him being in his 5th of casual flings could indicate that he is being silent about having a fling or that he’s cheating? Or that’s not how horary works?

waybread

The moon is in its fall, but it is also void-of-the course. That usually means that there isn't enough energy in the system to effect a change. The present situation--however your friend interprets that-- is likely to continue.

An early degree rising means "It's too soon to tell." At 3 degrees of Capricorn, the ascendant is just at the point of being beyond that early stage. But possibly more events have to happen before his truthfulness can be determined.

Generally I stick with the traditional planets. Mars also makes no aspect to any other planet until it or another planet changes sign.

I don't think he's cheating on her. (Maybe he'd like to, with that turned 5th house moon, but I don't see this as a strong testimony.) Sometimes a person is done with a relationship because of its internal problems, not because there is somebody else.

Mercury rules liars. Possibly its location in the BF's turned 12th house (radix 6th house) suggests that he's lying, but I wouldn't view this as a strong testimony, either.

With Saturn ruling the second house and domiciled in the second house, it would seem that money is the bigger issue.

I think, more to the point, the relationship does not seem to be in strong shape. With both the moon and Mars past their last aspect with Saturn (her,) I think the BF is ready to move on.

tikana

Thanks for going straight to the point. A question, for learning purposes: him being in his 5th of casual flings could indicate that he is being silent about having a fling or that he’s cheating? Or that’s not how horary works?

nope he is not 5th house
he is 7th

lunaluna

The moon is in its fall, but it is also void-of-the course. That usually means that there isn't enough energy in the system to effect a change. The present situation--however your friend interprets that-- is likely to continue.

An early degree rising means "It's too soon to tell." At 3 degrees of Capricorn, the ascendant is just at the point of being beyond that early stage. But possibly more events have to happen before his truthfulness can be determined.

Generally I stick with the traditional planets. Mars also makes no aspect to any other planet until it or another planet changes sign.

I don't think he's cheating on her. (Maybe he'd like to, with that turned 5th house moon, but I don't see this as a strong testimony.) Sometimes a person is done with a relationship because of its internal problems, not because there is somebody else.

Mercury rules liars. Possibly its location in the BF's turned 12th house (radix 6th house) suggests that he's lying, but I wouldn't view this as a strong testimony, either.

With Saturn ruling the second house and domiciled in the second house, it would seem that money is the bigger issue.

I think, more to the point, the relationship does not seem to be in strong shape. With both the moon and Mars past their last aspect with Saturn (her,) I think the BF is ready to move on.

Could it be some other second house theme, because money being the issue doesn't make sense here, or my friend hasn't shared that part with me, I don't know. Anyway, I guess you are right with everything else you said. Maybe he's not straight out lying but he's not being entirely open with her, he's kind of closed off, and that is also lying, in a way. Thank you for your interpretation! It was really insightful and helpful!

waybread

Other meanings of the 2nd house would be one's belongings in addition to money; anything valuable, but also, in modern astrology a sense of one's values. Possibly they do not share the same set of values.

The 2nd house is also the turned 8th house for the BF (7th house.) This would include things that they have together, or acquired during their relationship.

tikana

I got that, he's represented by L7 and not L5. But L7 is in his turned 5th (her 11th) and the lord of his turned 5th in his turned 1st. I hope I am not being too confusing.

ahh i c what you are saying

well. tech speaking yes Mars is the other. There is MR and separating trine. it might not be always the case. Sometimes the other is Saturn or Venus.But it's usually dispositor or exalt of Lord of 7th house
The other thing is if L7 is void and out of the orbs applying or separating - he is alone If it is within the orb but separating (what we are seeing here, it basically means he is with someone or separating).