Referral to popular tech company

kalinka

In vedic astrology 10th and 6th are the houses for jobs. I think modern western astrologers established it. I know that traditional astrologers(like Frawley) won't use the 6th for jobs but in my experience it has always proven itself.

kalinka

Mercury rules Venus. Perhaps you think that means Venus likes Mercury? I can understand; it's John Frawley's way. I personally would say it means Mercury likes Venus.

Then it's Lilly's way when u think Mercury is receiving Venus but after all these years of horary researching I can say that Lilly's reception theory makes no sense.

kalinka

Mercury rules Venus. Perhaps you think that means Venus likes Mercury? I can understand; it's John Frawley's way. I personally would say it means Mercury likes Venus, receiving Venus into its territory and offers its protection.

Edit to add: I didn't mean Venus doesn't like Mercury. I think I will stick to Lilly's rule that the swifter planet being the more keen one. Reception determines how easy the aspect will perfect (or even whether it will, in some cases) but I find it limiting in determining motivation / feelings between the parties. Deb Houlding says aspects show motivation and incentive to come into contact, not reception.

It's not only Houlding, also Frawley pursued a whole chapter for receptions. And he explained it very well. Receptions show intentions to act, aspects show chances to act.

ameliaastrology

Yea I'm familiar with Frawley's theory and his books are the first horary books that I read. In the now-defunct Apprentice, he even said that reception sometimes is enough to perfect things without an aspect. (He quoted a chart of a woman asking if she'd sleep with a taken guy.)

Just saying I am aware of the theory. It doesn't sit right with me because neither Bonatti nor Lilly intended reception to solely reflect motivations and intentions. Their reception always operated within an aspect. Having said this, I'm quite sure you're much more experienced than I am. It's lovely to learn your views.

kalinka

just think about receptions by houses. An asc ruler in the first house means, he is dealing with his own business. Asc ruler in the 7th house leaves his comfort zone and is RULED by the Dsc. In relationship questions it shows, that asc ruler is interested in the 7th. For sports astrology it means, that the Dsc rules over Asc. Dsc has the upper hand. Same thing with signs. Venus in Aries is ruled by Mars. Venus is weak because she leaves her comfort zone. Mars' domicile does not doing her good. If that would mean that Mars loves Venus, he would strengthen her,not makes her weak.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Actually, I don't normally rely only on receptions.
If there is an aspect with reception it hastens the conclusion.
If there is no reception, the aspect will work all the same.
But, if there is only reception, not so sure about that.

kalinka

I did not see any chart yet, where only mutual receptions (but without aspect) brought the desire result. Trine and conjunctions rarely need great receptions to give fruitful outcomes but a square will rather bring the result with good receptions than without or bad receptions.

ElenaJ

Good point, in a square, or even opposition aspect the reception would bring them together.
In easy aspects it isn't necessary.

kalinka

But in this chart...let's assume Venus is an opponent and it would be not a tol, then Mercury will nonetheless overcome the aspect with Venus and opt for Mars at the end because Mercury wants Mars more than Venus.So here the reception would be important.

Last edited:

WisdomJoy

Mercury ruling the rest of house 7 where Venus is in doesn't look too good to me, either. It almost looks like the company houses your competitor. I hope I am wrong. Good luck, WJ!

Amelia

If it's housing my competition- I wonder if they are interviewing internal employees to start, even thought role was posted externally.

WisdomJoy

But in this chart...let's assume Venus is an opponent and it would be not a tol, then Mercury will nonetheless overcome the aspect with Venus and opt for Mars at the end because Mercury wants Mars more than Venus.So here the reception would be important.

I think Venus might either be an internal employee application, an employee with a formal referral (mine is informal but still good) or even the first/ second round of interviews, because i applied for the role when it was already up for some time.

When I was applying at my last company the same thing happened, I was actually in the final round of interviews, there was another 4 rounds before me.

WisdomJoy

Hi Team, just wanted to update you and let you know that my internal contact has gone radio silent on me. I'm going to reach out to him again likely over the next two weeks and apologize for being a bother but follow up as well.

I remember Kalinka you said around June things might happen so I don't want to push it too much.

WisdomJoy

Hi Team, just a quick note that my internal contact actually ended up reaching out to me on Sunday evening and apologizing for the lack of communication. He asked if a recruiter reached out to me yet. I told him nope, and once he connects back- I'll update.

Appreciate all of your help so far.

I don't know if these updates are helpful for horary timing analysis, but incase they are I'm including them.

WisdomJoy

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know I was declined from the position earlier today.

Thank you for help though! I think that Venus interference caused trouble in the end.

WJ

ameliaastrology

As said in one of my replies, I didn't agree House 6 was the job. Venus being Lord 6 and 7 waylaying Lord 10 Mercury seemed to be a classic case of prohibition. But later I (not wholeheartedly I must confess) conceded that House 10=contact and House6=job might be a possibility.

If this forum has taught me anything, that is there are always more than one way to come to the right judgment, but house rulership seems to explain why in this case the job didn't come through.

Amelia

Last edited: