The Effects of Badly Positioned Mars

First of all, I would love to hear your opinion on whether we are doomed to live with astrological placements we don't like or do our actions matter. And if they do, are extremely bad positions an exeption?

In my chart Mars is in detriment at 25°57 of Libra and it's in the 4th house (Which is not bad, but not really good, since 4th house is the house of Cancer, the sign of Mars' fall. Right?). It's retrograde and intercepted. Aspects are:
-Mars inconjunct Sun, 2°53 orb;
-Mars inconjunct Mercury, 3°42 orb;
-Mars opposite Jupiter, 3°26 orb;
-Mars square ASC/DSC, 5°43 orb;
-Mars inconjunct MC, 1°36 orb.
It's the apex planet of boomerang configuration that involves Jupiter, Sun and MC. The Mars-Jupiter opposition is square to the ASC/DSC axis, so I guess that's some kind of grand cross involving angles.

Then I tried to find something to compensate for weak Mars, but I can't find anything. I only have one planet in Aries, Jupiter, and it's intercepted in the 10th house. Intercepted Aries only adds to the problem. I read (http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Intercepted_signs.htm) that one method of solving the intercepted planet is looking at the ruling planet of the sign it is in, and if that planet is also intercepted, than it won't work. So, with intercepted Jupiter ruled by intercepted Mars, Mars has no outlet. It probably doesn't help I'm a Taurus with a Cancer ascendant, since those signs don't go well with Mars' energy.

So, my question is -- how can I access the energy of Mars? It's tied to my emotional health (4th house) and my career (key to intercepted Aries in 10th house). And I'm very ambitious when it comes to my career. I'd hate to mess up because of a lack of motivation or assertion. I'd love if someone could tell me at least one good thing about Mars in my chart, because that would be a way out of this situation.

I attached a natal chart and tables with planetary positions and aspects. I didn't like the orb they use for inconjunction and some other aspects, so I added some to the table.

NC awz.png
NC pp and a.PNG

And I definitely can see "symptoms" of these placements in my life. I always think before I act, and sometimes overthink and then don't act at all. And I can't act under pressure. I have strong opinions, but lack the initiative to do something about it. People think I can't stand up for myself, which I hate, but I see where it's coming from. I stay away from fights because I become overwhelmed by emotions and it bothers me even when other people are having a fight. And many more examples... All in all, I feel that my inside doesn't match the outside. And I can't express myself. It seems to me that I taught myself to repress Mars energy because of its rather animalistic nature, and now I want to bring it back so I could live a more balanced life, but I don't know how.

I'm really sorry for all this rambling...

And if anyone has similar experience, I'd love to hear it. That would be really comforting.

Thank you!

Whoam1

Mars isn't your issue. It's ok if it's not strong. Your chart has some major underlying possible challanges in it though.

1) Moon Neptune. On top of that your moon is dignifed by your Sun it's also in the cancer constellation (the actual thing not the sign) this also dignifes the Moon.

Overly sensitive, worries too much, high Eq, possible link to psychic ablites, drawn to the marcabe. Seeks and lives in an alternate state than everyone else. Very deep people. May be obsessed with their own doom/damination and may also play the victim card. Highly odd, highly creative, highly passive. [If you know Harry potter think Luna lovegood].

This is your most important aspect in your entire chart.

If you add Saturn in to that mix [it's very loosely added actualy] it links these traits to your survival and autonomy needs. You have your own world to be free and to survive.

However you do have a strong jupiter as well [juputer is strong in Aries but it's also exalted bc it's techniquely in the Pisces constellation].

This makes you active, idealistic,and compassionate. You can be passionate and an optimist. You see the world through world through rose colored glasses. Most importantly you want to be somebody, you want to be important. This makes you hyper aware of your role in society or in whomever you want to be important to's life.

See Mars would function appropriately enough if your dominant planets weren't Moon-Neptune-Jupiter.

The plus side is that Jupiter is ambitious, more so than Mars, however less impulsive and it's more concerned about others than Mars. You just have to train yourself to be ruthless (which I'm sure by your chart may be difficult).

In my chart Moon-Venus-Neptune-Uranus energy are almost completely lacking. My too teir planets are Pluto-Sun-Mercury, followed closely by Saturn-Mars-Jupiter

(I'm closer to Pluto-Saturn than alk the others however).

My chart is built for raunch and ruthlessness, I'm the exact opposite of your chart I can be insensitive and socialy apathetic. However if you need help being a little more pushy then find someone with Saturn-Mars-Sun energy and they probably can help.

A planet in detriment sounds a lot more overtly negative than it actually is. It just means that the energy of that planet isn't as prominent in your personality. On the plus side, Mars in Libra primarily neutralizes the "me first" attitude associated with both Mars and Aries. It means you're more likely driven by the needs of others (likely the family you create because of the 4th house, but potentially your family of origin), or the bigger picture than you are driven by success for personal gain. Libra is also a peaceful sign, while Mars is the God of War. You don't like conflict, but luckily your version of problem solving is likely more along the lines of peaceful diplomacy, so you have the ability to overcome obstacles without the need of force or intimidation if you choose to access it.

Mars is all about ambition, desire, and personal goals, the things you are motivated by, but if you're looking for your ability to actually achieve these goals, it's better to look to Saturn. Saturn in Taurus is very stable, hardworking, and has a sense of quiet determination. Since Saturn has a wide orb and shares the 11th house with the Sun and Mercury, you can consider it to be conjunct your Sun and Mercury, adding even more persistence and endurance to the already striving Taurus energy, and that 11th house energy will keep you from developing tunnel vision and keep you focused on the bigger picture, which will work nicely with your Libra Mars. Saturn is also quite "happy" in the 11th house being the traditional ruler of Aquarius.

The biggest obstacles I can see in your chart have very little to do with Mars energy. In fact you'd be more likely to run into the pitfalls of Mars if you had too much Mars energy.

Based on your chart, and the way you presented yourself, I'd say that your obstacles are more likely to be caused by your Cancer Ascendant, Moon in the 1st house, Aquarius Uranus in 8th, and Pisces Midheaven. All placements have a purpose and a lot of the time "bad" placements simply mean the areas that you will struggle with that you are meant to overcome. That being said, none of these are particularly "bad" placements.

Cancer Ascendant's primary negative trait comes from self-doubt. You have a naturally calm demeanor but your assertive side comes out when you're feeling protective of others. Moon in 1st adds extra lunar energy, but this is not a bad thing. Lunar people are intuitive, perceptive, persuasive, empathetic, romantic, and resilient. When applied correctly, this will help you with your ambitions since being well-liked is certainly a strength if you accept it rather than suppress it.

Pisces Midheaven suggests that you may have trouble recognizing your own success, and may struggle to accept (often well deserved) credit for your efforts. You're an idealist, and you would have an easy time in the helping professions, or anything psychological or metaphysical. You may also be gifted in sales or politics given your ability to appeal to many different people that will manifest strongly in your career. However, do not feel bound to this. Pisces energy is highly versatile (the most out of any sign) and can be applied to any career you feel passionate about.

Aquarius Uranus in 8th square Mercury. This combined with your prominent 11th house suggests that you have a lot of (potentially untapped) Aquarius energy, but you have trouble expressing this coherently. You likely feel misunderstood. You feel trapped. You need to be detached and uninhibited, but you are held back by something you cannot recognize, likely with emotional roots, or even trauma. To remedy this, all of that 11th house energy is basically your toolbox to overcome this, but it is meant to be difficult, and designed to test you. I think the importance you place on Mars/Aries energy is intended to hold you back by making you focus on areas that you have difficulty accessing and stems from insecurity. Any goal that you can achieve using Aries or Mars energy, you can achieve with your own natural energy. If it's the masculinity aspect that you feel you lack, that is likely a problem of your own creation. Even though the Sun is in a Venus ruled sign and in it's opposition house, it is strengthened by sharing the house with Saturn. Everyone has both masculine and feminine energy and your masculine energy is very fatherly, strong, and stable opposed to the brash, aggressive archetype of Mars. It's like after Mars grows up a bit and stops being a total douche.

kshantaram

Premium Member
mars libra 4th retro, good for property matters, delayed results;
mars libra prone to stormy anger when provoked;
mar retro towards virgo 3rd, critical thinking-attitude;
mars 3rd good for initiative-progress but delayed being retro;

mars aspect own aries 10th, protective of career,
while may not be good for healthy relationship with boss/superiors;

jup 10th good for conceptual leadership; impulsive though;
jup-mars opp, probably good for project management skills;
jup lord 9th for luck, trine leo 2nd for family-finances,
trine own sag 6th for health-employment,
while as lord 6th may call for extra efforts;
may wear yellow sapphire over pendant touching heart;

sun-mer-sat taurus 11th, aptitude for
hotel management, banking, dentistry, sculpture, govt, corporates, etc,
taurus inimical-malefic for cancer asc, stress-delays in
income-gains-friendships-relationship; delayed results under stress;

moon-rahu NNode leo, high self-pride, rise-fall in life,
prayers for ancestral welfare,
observe fast No-moon evenings taking milk-fruits;
rahu 2nd earnings through foreign sources probably;
may wear brown hessonite over pendant;

hope inputs enable pick-integrate, do share ground feedbakcs
how true-false-insightful-prospective, traits-talents etc etc

wishing well, kshantaram

Thank you all for these answers.

I do strongly identify with your interpretations. Especially those concerning Moon. I am aware of strong Moon influence, but I made peace with that. I like that about myself. Even those traits that would be considered negative. The only thing I hate about it is that I am really passive. So, naturally, I turned to Mars and Aries for a solution and got discouraged. And training myself to do anything can be very hard. Sometimes I just daydream and think whole day and end up doing nothing.

I never thought about Jupiter and Neptune as being so strong in my chart. That's very interesting. I have to think about that more.

I do feel trapped... But I didn't think it had anything to do with Aquarius energy. Aquarius seemed liberating to me. I thought I lacked strength to "break free", but maybe that's too much for my more steady personalty. It's hard for me to identify with that strong 11th house, but maybe that's about to unfold. And I didn't even consider 11th house as being a solution. This is also very interesting.

It's not just about masculinity, but it is a big part of it. I don't think I'm insecure about that. I've always been more attached to women (first in family; I only have female friends; I don't have male role-models). I thought that was a consequence of Mars in my chart. And I wouldn't want to be aggressive and insensitive. I meant more positive traits of Mars. And I just think I lack those Sun-Mars-Saturn people in my life.

So influences over my career are not that bad after all? That's very comforting. There are those delays coming from retrogrades, though, but that's not so bad. And I am prone to intensive anger. For me, it's like having an out-of-body experience, I just loose control. But it takes a lot of stress to get me there. I'm generally peaceful.

Again, thank you all. Your answers gave me a whole new perspective on this problem.

It makes sense that you’re drawn to women in multiple senses because your moon and Venus are both close to the ascendant, and Venus in Cancer can be interpreted as being drawn towards feminine energy as well. If this is about what you can do to access Mars energy, based on your chart I would say your “version” of Lunar energy is probably a good way to access Mars energy. Your moon is in a fire sign in the first house, and the first house/ascendant is also Mars energy. That combined with a Cancer rising suggests that your Lunar qualities can bring you personal power. Go beyond accepting it and completely embrace it.

One way to look at the ascendant is that it’s the person you grow to be in response to the world. Cancer, like Aries, is a Cardinal sign, active, initiatory, leaders, but is much more accessible to a Taurus Sun than Aries which is in many ways Taurus’ opposite. If you’re into predictive astrology, this is a good thing as it suggests you will naturally move towards the area in your life that can bring you the most personal power, all you have to do is let it. While being a water sign and inherently “feminine”, Cancer is a quietly active sign. All cardinal signs are initiators, but Cancer ascendants method of getting the ball rolling is in their networking skills. They are quite good at seeing usefulness in others and applying each person to a mutually beneficial arrangement, well suited to their goals.

Another plus about that Cancer ascendant is that it squares your mars (with a loose orb but a cardinal square is pretty powerful), which means you can use that to “jumpstart” your mars energy. In a more aggressive or opinionated sign, a cardinal square to mars would be very challenging, however with that Libra Mars, the square adds tension and power.

Aquarius Uranus and Neptune with a strong 11th house is so much raw Aquarian energy, the need for freedom may be overwhelming at times, however Uranus is in the 8th house, which is a challenging position for the planet. The 8th house is ruled by Scorpio, a square sign to Aquarius. Aquarius is naturally expansive and infinitely transcendant, whereas 8th house/Scorpio energy is perhaps equally as infinitely receding, reaching for the depths rather than the heights. You have a lot of Aquarius energy, but the strongest single source of it is stuck somewhere that they have to do the thing Aquarius fears most, embrace emotions and pain, in order to “break free”. Since Uranus squares Saturn in 11th, it looks that your best bet to break free is ironically the planet of restrictions. It seems like the general theme of your chart is do the opposite of what you expect, and you’ll get where you want to go.

My Mars 21° in Libra 6th.
I always failed to express my Anger in positive ways.

Exactly! It might be just a coincidence, but maybe Mars in Libra comes with that kind of peacefulness that's only external, while on the inside anger is building up, until you explode. Surely, other factors in the chart contribute to this. It's not just Libra, but I feel like Libra represses impulses from Mars and that can't be good. You don't want to act on every impulse, but you at least want to acknowledge them. That would be much healthier.

It makes sense that you’re drawn to women in multiple senses because your moon and Venus are both close to the ascendant, and Venus in Cancer can be interpreted as being drawn towards feminine energy as well. If this is about what you can do to access Mars energy, based on your chart I would say your “version” of Lunar energy is probably a good way to access Mars energy. Your moon is in a fire sign in the first house, and the first house/ascendant is also Mars energy. That combined with a Cancer rising suggests that your Lunar qualities can bring you personal power. Go beyond accepting it and completely embrace it.

One way to look at the ascendant is that it’s the person you grow to be in response to the world. Cancer, like Aries, is a Cardinal sign, active, initiatory, leaders, but is much more accessible to a Taurus Sun than Aries which is in many ways Taurus’ opposite. If you’re into predictive astrology, this is a good thing as it suggests you will naturally move towards the area in your life that can bring you the most personal power, all you have to do is let it. While being a water sign and inherently “feminine”, Cancer is a quietly active sign. All cardinal signs are initiators, but Cancer ascendants method of getting the ball rolling is in their networking skills. They are quite good at seeing usefulness in others and applying each person to a mutually beneficial arrangement, well suited to their goals.

Another plus about that Cancer ascendant is that it squares your mars (with a loose orb but a cardinal square is pretty powerful), which means you can use that to “jumpstart” your mars energy. In a more aggressive or opinionated sign, a cardinal square to mars would be very challenging, however with that Libra Mars, the square adds tension and power.

Aquarius Uranus and Neptune with a strong 11th house is so much raw Aquarian energy, the need for freedom may be overwhelming at times, however Uranus is in the 8th house, which is a challenging position for the planet. The 8th house is ruled by Scorpio, a square sign to Aquarius. Aquarius is naturally expansive and infinitely transcendant, whereas 8th house/Scorpio energy is perhaps equally as infinitely receding, reaching for the depths rather than the heights. You have a lot of Aquarius energy, but the strongest single source of it is stuck somewhere that they have to do the thing Aquarius fears most, embrace emotions and pain, in order to “break free”. Since Uranus squares Saturn in 11th, it looks that your best bet to break free is ironically the planet of restrictions. It seems like the general theme of your chart is do the opposite of what you expect, and you’ll get where you want to go.

I could see how that would help. Now that I think about it, lately my initial response to any problem is to emotionally distance myself. It makes sense that immersing myself in Cancer energy would help.

Progressed Sun will enter Cancer somewhere in my thirties. I guess that's going to be an interesting period of my life. I don't know a lot about predictive astrology (I still have many things to learn in natal astrology), but it seems that this is a perfect time to work with that Saturn energy. Pluto opposing my ascendant from Capricorn, bring changes to identity among other things, and solar return for this year has Capricorn ascendant conjuncting Saturn. So many things referring to Saturn. I guess that these energies so opposite to my nature prompted me to wonder about something so foreign to me.

Thank you so much!!! This was very insightful.

Somna7H

Banned
@venus as a boy

Suppressing Anger inside can be harmful for native. It's my negative feature.
I have Saturn, Mars and Pluto Conjunction in Libra 6th.
Mars Trine Venus and Moon.
Mars Trine Vesta and MC.
Mars Conjunct Jupiter with wider aspetc.

http://imgur.com/m0qQlLl

Thank you.

Last edited: