Is Sidereal Astrology more accurate than Tropical?

Shanti

I mean the zodiac shown in the Lahiri chart is not what was actually seen on the sky where and when Hitler was born. Why do people call sidereal a chart that doesn't show the actual location of the constellations at the given time and place? So, whether or not you had called Hitler's Lahiri chart a sidereal one, you shouldn't use it as an example in this thread.

For me astrology is a symbolic language with deep deep meanings.
I believe it can be meaningful in many ways, including tropical and sidereal.
These are symbols. The planets symbolise certain meanings. The astrological signs and constellations are symbols. The Zodiac is symbolic measured Relevant or not, it's in the users mind. With my mystical bend the ancient teachings of astrology are coming from higher sources, not science.

The whole universe is in a sense a symbol, and in many sense an illusion that we as individuals are experience our karma's in time/space continuom that are present simultaneously. The human mind interprets this as experiencies in a time/space timeline, that according to sages and seers living now and since ancient times, said the same thing.

In astrology we are free to choose the astrological set of symbols and settings that appeals to us...sidereal or tropical.
May they serve us well...

Astrology have had it's role in this drama since thousands of years as a symbolic language of the stars, that mirrors our experience.
It may be weakness, but I am not so interested in the rational mind with it's limitations, reflected in arguments going on and on in circles, like in these kind of threads....
Einstein with his Sidereal pisces (aries tropical) Mercury did say...

""I never came upon any of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking."

""All great achievements of science must start from intuitive knowledge. I believe in intuition and inspiration.... At times I feel certain I am right while not knowing the reason."

"Imagination is better than knowledge"

Last edited:

BlackLioness87

For me astrology is a symbolic language with deep deep meanings.
I believe it can be meaningful in many ways, including tropical and sidereal.
These are symbols. The planets symbolise certain meanings. The astrological signs and constellations are symbols. The Zodiac is symbolic measured Relevant or not, it's in the users mind. With my mystical bend the ancient teachings of astrology are coming from higher sources, not science.

The whole universe is in a sense a symbol, and in many sense an illusion that we as individuals are experience our karma's in time/space continuom that are present simultaneously. The human mind interprets this as experiencies in a time/space timeline, that according to sages and seers living now and since ancient times, said the same thing.

In astrology we are free to choose the astrological set of symbols and settings that appeals to us...sidereal or tropical.
May they serve us well...

Astrology have had it's role in this drama since thousands of years as a symbolic language of the stars, that mirrors our experience.
It may be weakness, but I am not so interested in the rational mind with it's limitations, reflected in arguments going on and on in circles, like in these kind of threads....
Einstein with his Sidereal pisces (aries tropical) Mercury did say...

""I never came upon any of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking."

""All great achievements of science must start from intuitive knowledge. I believe in intuition and inspiration.... At times I feel certain I am right while not knowing the reason."

"Imagination is better than knowledge"

I agree with all you have said Master Shanti.

In my case my intuition had made me experiment with jyotish using tropical zodiac. As you said, we all are free to choose the zodiac and settings that appeal to us.

I just wanted to remark the inconsistency of the reasoning some siderealists use to sustain why sidereal should be a superior choice. In my rationale thinking (though the only air planets in my natal chart would be my "Sidereal" Libra Moon), it would be a good idea to discuss which ayanamsa is more accurate: tropical, lahiri, fagan/bradley, aldebaran 15, etc. Or which astrology methods are worth trying. Sidereal astrology is so heterogeneous that it shouldn't be, in my opinion, regarded as one when we are to discuss accuracy

Namaste.

BlackLioness87

These are 1 minute apart. Lahiri is 53 minutes away from them. It's really not that much unless you are fond of divisions.
Ok, 53' make no big difference. There's no possibility of getting a different ASC, etc, etc. If you erect the charts of the same person, using different sidereal approaches and then read them accordingly, accuracy level would be pretty uniform among them.

petosiris

Banned
Ok, 53' make no big difference. There's no possibility of getting a different ASC, etc, etc. If you erect the charts of the same person, using different sidereal approaches and then read them accordingly, accuracy level would be pretty uniform among them.

I think so yeah. Few hundred years ago that was the average computation error of a chart and people did not seem to have been paralyzed but rather went through it.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Excuse me, King Petosiris, so what you're trying to said is lahir are quite different than fagan/bradley?

There are different sidereal zodiacs based on where exactly you put the start of the twelfth-parts, and on which ''fudicial star'' you exactly use. Lahiri is based on a statement in the Surya Siddhanta that Spica marks the beginning of Libra. Fagan and Bradley is based on the Babylonian zodiac which had many stars as marker, one of which was the Aldebaran - Antares axis in the middle of Taurus and Scorpio. I am not fond of Lahiri for few reasons, but one of the more important one is the awkward placement of Zeta Tauri in Gemini. The constellations had different boundaries according to different people.