Fated aspects in synastry and composites

anjelik

I am curious about fated aspects in synastry and composites. My husband and I both have our nodes in cardinal signs. Mine are at 21 degrees Cancer and Capricorn and his are 5 degrees Aries and Libra. I don't know much about nodes, but have had astrologers here mention in the past that my husband and I were linked in another life. I find that interesting as my husband's Capricorn Juno in the 10th is exactly conjunct my SN in the 12th. My Venus also widely conjuncts his Juno at 29 degrees Capricorn (may be too wide to consider). His Mars is conjunct my NN by 1 degree in Cancer. Do conjunctions only matter in terms of SN/NN? I only ask because my Uranus (Sag) and Moon (Gemini) sextile his SN (Aries) by 1 degree. How would a sextile affect the nodes? Or do they not at all? I can’t seem to find much on anything unless it’s a conjunction.

Also, his natal chart seems to be impacted by our composite nodes more so than mine. Does that mean that this relationship is more fated or impactful for him than me? Our composite NN/SN is at 28 degrees Leo/Aqua. Our composite Venus is at 28 degrees Aqua (exact conjunction/opposition). This would signify that we were past life lovers – which makes sense because there was a fated familiarity (at least for me) when we first began to speak. His natal Saturn is at 25 degrees Leo and Moon at 22 degrees Aqua (so a little wider of an orb).

I guess the two most striking things that have stood out to me in terms of our synastry is my SN conjunct his Juno exact and his Saturn conjunct my Vertex with a 4 degree orb. I feel the Saturn between us often and I am not sure if that is because of my Saturn squaring his Mars or if it’s his Saturn anchoring onto my Vertex.

It’s interesting to me because while we have been together 3 years, we have only been living together for 6 months… but it hasn’t felt unnatural and it was a really easy transition to get into a routine with each other. I sometimes feel like I am here to teach him how things, but I am not sure what that is… it’s just this weird feeling I get sometimes. Is he supposed to teach me something too? Our composite is full of oppositions and I feel us learning to balance that energy and it amazes me when I look at some of the changes we have naturally made to accommodate that energy. He doesn’t believe in astrology, but he has acknowledged the shifts in himself and with me as well.

haidee

I think, if you have a strong feeling that you're here to teach him something, that would be your personal planets conjuncting his North Node (or the opposite?) in order to pay back the karmic debt of the South Node. So in a composite chart, the planets aspecting the North Node would be the goals for this lifetime's relationship.
In a synastry chart that would be how you interact with each other. :)

Kannon

Nodal contacts can happen in declination as well as in longitude. So I don't interpret them in a one-sided fashion or as if the energies were in any way lopsided based on descriptions of only the longitude positions. ALL nodal contacts matter, including the ones you aren't seeing in declination. And they all indicate a sense of direction past/future.

The use of the term 'fate' or 'fated' is superstitious and outmoded.

You could look at your synastry and see such aspects you deem to have this quality, but if you were to look at the total number of persons you share those aspects with you can easily see that you are not 'fated' to be with them all.

It is easy for astrologers to say two people are linked from past lives because they are already in a relationship, and because the synastry further shows bonds/compatibility. But such aspects do not make your relationship 'fated.' Rather, it would be your past life associations that serve as a platform for the relationship in this one. Stars alone cannot do that.

If your relationship is natural, as you say, and works well, you don't need affirmation from astrology. In fact, the capacity for a natural fit with someone with a smooth transition to cohabitating speaks more of you and your development as a positive, cooperative person than it does to the astrological factors.

Enjoy it. Celebrate it by having a good life together.

Flapjacks

Nodal contacts can happen in declination as well as in longitude. So I don't interpret them in a one-sided fashion or as if the energies were in any way lopsided based on descriptions of only the longitude positions. ALL nodal contacts matter, including the ones you aren't seeing in declination. And they all indicate a sense of direction past/future.

The use of the term 'fate' or 'fated' is superstitious and outmoded.

You could look at your synastry and see such aspects you deem to have this quality, but if you were to look at the total number of persons you share those aspects with you can easily see that you are not 'fated' to be with them all.

It is easy for astrologers to say two people are linked from past lives because they are already in a relationship, and because the synastry further shows bonds/compatibility. But such aspects do not make your relationship 'fated.' Rather, it would be your past life associations that serve as a platform for the relationship in this one. Stars alone cannot do that.

If your relationship is natural, as you say, and works well, you don't need affirmation from astrology. In fact, the capacity for a natural fit with someone with a smooth transition to cohabitating speaks more of you and your development as a positive, cooperative person than it does to the astrological factors.

Enjoy it. Celebrate it by having a good life together.

I am curious about the feeling of fatedness, and how it relates to synastry contacts. Dis she feel it is fated before anyone said so?

I had one romantic relationship where it felt fated or karmic. It ended when the 'business' was done. I don't know how valid the feeling was, but I suddenly had this strong, otherworldly notion that I knew him from some other life. Our relationship dynamic had occurred before, and it was never resolved, but this time around it would be. This time around I was meant to release him from whatever bondage I held him in. He told me he felt that way, too... That something happened before, some kind of Deja vu, he knew me longer than he knew me... and he needed my forgiveness desperately.

I knew it when I looked at him one evening, and I understood everything. I said, almost out of the blue, that I forgave him, and it was like peace washed over him. That is when we told each other we felt fated. It was one of the most emotionally complex conversations I ever had with a man. Then we parted ways. There was nothing left to be said to one another.

I am two months older than him, so our placements are the same from Mars out to Pluto. We have the same ascendant sign nine degrees apart. I haven't found any compelling aspects to explain this phenomenon. Some of the aspects he has natally make the same aspects to my planets/points at a closer orb, including an Asc-Chiron conjunction, moon-SN conjunction, Venus-Pluto-Vertex conjunction.

Last edited:

anjelik

I am curious about the feeling of fatedness, and how it relates to synastry contacts. Dis she feel it is fated before anyone said so?

I had one romantic relationship where it felt fated or karmic. It ended when the 'business' was done. I don't know how valid the feeling was, but I suddenly had this strong, otherworldly notion that I knew him from some other life. Our relationship dynamic had occurred before, and it was never resolved, but this time around it would be. This time around I was meant to release him from whatever bondage I held him in. He told me he felt that way, too... That something happened before, some kind of Deja vu, he knew me longer than he knew me... and he needed my forgiveness desperately.

I knew it when I looked at him one evening, and I understood everything. I said, almost out of the blue, that I forgave him, and it was like peace washed over him. That is when we told each other we felt fated. It was one of the most emotionally complex conversations I ever had with a man. Then we parted ways. There was nothing left to be said to one another.

I am two months older than him, so our placements are the same from Mars out to Pluto. We have the same ascendant sign nine degrees apart. I haven't found any compelling aspects to explain this phenomenon. Some of the aspects he has natally make the same aspects to my planets/points at a closer orb, including an Asc-Chiron conjunction, moon-SN conjunction, Venus-Pluto-Vertex conjunction.

That is a good question and I can answer that for you! I made a post back in November or December 2012 before I actually met my husband in person (we were set up on a kind of blindish date situation by his cousin) and I recall saying I felt like I knew him already and this was only through texting.

rahu

Banned
Isabel hickey in astrology the cosmic science wrote that any aspect that is exact is a sign of destiny.
I assume to the degree is exact but I like to see the aspect formed to a few arc minutes .
rahu