Can horary tell outcome of a situation years ahead?

sunnyali

well basically I wanted to know for example, there's a girl and I have given all the details about us and our feelings and I wanted to know if she'd be with me after 4-5 years, so will it be possible to find that out using a horary chart? or is that questions too early or cannot be answered?
thanks

Last edited:

Kannon

Generally, no, horary doesn't extend past about 6 months the way most astrologers attempt interpretation. You have to allow for the choices of human free will - yours and hers.

periquitostock

yes, horary can tell an outcome of a situation years ahead.

Generally, no, horary doesn't extend past about 6 months the way most astrologers attempt interpretation. You have to allow for the choices of human free will - yours and hers.
Lilly asked an "ever" question in his book.

scorpittarian

All this while, I believed Horary astrology could give you an insight into the distant future if you specified a time frame. :confused:
eg: Will I marry within the next 5 years?

scorpittarian

yes, horary can tell an outcome of a situation years ahead.

Lilly asked an "ever" question in his book.

I subscribe to your opinion. Horary astrology can answer "ever" questions. However, astrologers advise against asking such questions.
I personally believe that the natal chart is there to answer "will I ever marry? or will I ever become famous?" type of questions.

Anachiel

well basically I wanted to know for example, there's a girl and I have given all the details about us and our feelings and I wanted to know if she'd be with me after 4-5 years, so will it be possible to find that out using a horary chart? or is that questions too early or cannot be answered?
thanks

An oracle wouldn't be much good if it couldn't "see" into the future. However, understand that people are more fluid than the future and can modify it or even completely change it, especially given many years of time to do it.

I think what you really want to know is if you will "live happily ever after". What you really need to understand is that all things change. If you can be accepting to change, you will have a happier future than trying to rely on one static, unchanging answer you've saved up for 5 years.

Every moment is a gift. Live in that.

sunnyali

thanks for the replies everybody. so my question is answerable then right? well my real question that I posted last month on this forum was 'girl related' and the question was 'If I will marry the girl or not' now I got a 'No, I wont' but what I was always confused about is if I'm asking the question too soon, I mean in 21 and the chances are I'd get married like 5-6 years later, so i always had doubts that If I asked the question too earlier and maybe I'd get a different answer later?

dr. farr

Anything over a year or two is definitely stretching horary, given the special nature of horary as a delineative technique: however, certainly it can be done, and has been done, but looking at such a lengthy period of time (several years), predictive astrology (natal profection, natal progression, firdaria/dasa periods, etc) will generally be more reliable (in my opinion)...

Anachiel

thanks for the replies everybody. so my question is answerable then right? ....?

Yes. Whether you like the answer is another story. Whether what you hear pertains to reality is another matter as well.

Also, there are situations that we can change, and some that we do not have any direct control over. Ideally, people ask things of oracles in order to understand a situation and realize whether they need to change something about themselves or let go of trying to control things around them that cannot be changed or to take appropriate and/or neccessary action in a situation.

In short, clarity is the ultimate, hoped for, outcome.

sunnyali

Anything over a year or two is definitely stretching horary, given the special nature of horary as a delineative technique: however, certainly it can be done, and has been done, but looking at such a lengthy period of time (several years), predictive astrology (natal profection, natal progression, firdaria/dasa periods, etc) will generally be more reliable (in my opinion)...

this is what I posted last month
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48660
so do you think I can get different results from natal?

Anachiel

this is what I posted last month
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48660
so do you think I can get different results from natal?

You already have your answer. You were told "no" and you want to find a "yes". So, just go with the yes and press on.

Keep in mind that if you only ask a "yes" or "no" type question, you are limiting the option for a 'real' answer. Yes and no questions can't tell you much. Might as well flip a quarter and call it heads or tails. Think bigger.

Last edited:

sunnyali

You already have your answer. You were told "no" and you want to find a "yes". So, just go with the yes and press on.

Keep in mind that if you only ask a "yes" or "no" type question, you are limiting the option for a 'real' answer. Yes and no questions can't tell you much. Might as well flip a quarter and call it heads or tails. Think bigger.

well yeah I was told 'no' but I've always been curious If I asked the question too early. I can move on with a 'No' It's not a big deal, but I just want to be 100% sure, that is it :)

dr. farr

By making a composite chart between you and the girl, using both natals, you could get an idea of likelihood of marriage.

Your natal would show timing for marriage possibilities, even the likely type of woman you would be ideally married to, but would not answer a SPECIFIC question about a SPECIFIC woman.

Horary would answer as to a specific woman for marriage; however, that answer would largely be time-limited, and to obtain a clear answer you should ask "will x and I be married within y period of time": now this y period of time, could be projected out perhaps to a couple of years, but beyond that, well, life situations are so changeable that we are better off (accuracy-wise) to limit our time-frame to a shorter period...