Chart ruler aspects.

Where is your chart ruler aspecting?

Mine being Jupiter, it aspects Sun.

Conjunct Sun.

CHART RULER/S IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE SUN
This aspect gives good health, physical strength, energy, and vitality. This is usually a fortunate placement, tending toward a long life and physical strength even in old age. The recuperative powers are very strong. Depending on the sign, this placement gives an optimistic disposition and offsets aspects of low self-esteem. The chart ruler in conjunction to the Sun helps to offset negative aspects. This placement also gives a sense of charisma and makes one well liked by others. The affairs of the house with Leo on the cusp are likely to be of importance and focus in the life.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/RULER.html

JUPITERASC

Astrological opinions differ regarding which planet is "the chart ruler" :smile:
Almutem Figuris
is an old doctrine
where one planet according to certain calculations applied
receives the honors to be the Ruler
or
Lord of the Chart.

The word Almutes is an Arabian word which means 'Winner'.
Because, the planet is the Winner of all the 'life giving' places. Or the places which are most sensible and important in the natal figure.

The method which we'll use here I call Ezra/Zoller method.
Arabian Astrologer Ibn Ezra (1089 — 1164) was the first (as far as we at this moment are aware) to explicitely wrote about calculating the Almutem Figuris.

Zoller says about the Almutem Figuris that it
".....is equally as powerful as all the other planets taken together....."

Benjamin Dykes (great student of Zoller) says about Almutem Figuris:

"......Almutem Figuris, a powerful planet in the natal figure
whose spirit or angel acts as the native's special link to the Divine. The Almutem Figuris is a spiritual astrological delineation
similar to but not the same as Lilly's the "Lord of the Geniture."
But like Lilly (and Plato)
the Almutem Figuris was taken to affect the native's thoughts, beliefs and character.
Spiritual enlightenment can demand that we open our eyes to this particular planet
and use it to access the Divine.
Significantly, this is a function that many modern astrologers now attribute to the sun sign........"

(In his article on Happiness).

The method of calculation

1. Find the Essential Dignities (the 5 dignities, apply 3 points to all 3 triplicity rulers), in the Degree of the:
- Sun
- Moon
- Ascendant
- Part of Fortune
- Syzygy (the prenatal lunation, the one that came last, i.e. after which the birth follows - New or Full Moon).

2. Add 7 points for the Day ruler and 6 points to the Hour ruler.

3. Add accidental dignities scores.

For the planet in 1st house you add 12 points.
10th house = 11 points
7th house = 10
4th house = 9
11th = 8
5th = 7
2nd = 6
9th = 5
8th = 4
3rd = 3
12th = 2
6th = 1

The planet which has most points in the aforesaid places is the Almutem Figuris of the chart!

Don't forget to apply the 5 degrees ruler for the planet near the cusp of the houses. For example, if Saturn is at 15 Scorpio in 4th, but the 5th house cusp is at 19 Scorpio, you will calculate that Saturn already in the 5th, and you will give him 7 points instead of 9 as he would took if he was in 4th house. This can make big difference.

Free traditional astrology software - Morinus
https://sites.google.com/site/tradmorinus/morinus
calcualtes the Almutem Figuris.
You can find this option by typing F3.

But the best way and more enjoyable is to calculate it with your own hand. You will be familiar with the chart more deeply if you do this calculations with your own hand as the older astrologers did.
And if you must use the Morinus software than subtract the phases scores and you will get the Almutem Figuris right. All else is the same calculation as the Ezra/Zoller method.

Zoller gives short discriptions for every planet being Almutem Figuris:

Sun:
"If the Almuten figuris is the Sun, the native will want to lead, express his creative power and be recognized."

Moon:
"If the Moon, s/he will want to care for, be cared for, eat and make love, dream"

Mercury:
"If it is Mercury, s/he will be diligent in the sciences, business and communications"

Venus:
"Id it is Venus s/he will be a lover of beauty, of music, of men and women etc."

Mars:
"If it is Mars, s/he will fight in order to dominate"

Jupiter:
"If it is Jupiter, s/he will philosophize and teach"

Saturn:
"If it is Saturn he will retire from society, investigate hidden things and suffer adversity.""

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49000

Conjunct Sun.

This aspect gives good health, physical strength, energy, and vitality. This is usually a fortunate placement, tending toward a long life and physical strength even in old age. The recuperative powers are very strong. Depending on the sign, this placement gives an optimistic disposition and offsets aspects of low self-esteem. The chart ruler in conjunction to the Sun helps to offset negative aspects. This placement also gives a sense of charisma and makes one well liked by others. The affairs of the house with Leo on the cusp are likely to be of importance and focus in the life.

Astrological opinions differ regarding which planet is "the chart ruler" :smile:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49000

Well if i use Pullen astro i get Moon as my ruling planet.

So Moon conjunct Mars. Exactly 10 degrees.

CHART RULER/S IN CONJUNCTION WITH MARS
This aspect makes for an outgoing, hot headed, energetic, and combative nature. It is good for heath, energy, and vitality, but can make one rude, crude, coarse, and ill mannered. These people are generally impatient and like to get straight too the point. Details bore them. Mars in conjunction with the ruler gives competitiveness, athletic and martial ability, along with a fearless pioneering spirit. People with this placement are often born leaders. Many military leaders such as officers, generals and those who have important and lifelong careers in the military have this conjunction. The affairs of the house with Aries on the cusp are likely to be of importance and focus in the life.

I have been in the Military.

10th house = 11 points
7th house = 10
4th house = 9
11th = 8
5th = 7
2nd = 6
9th = 5
8th = 4
3rd = 3
12th = 2
6th = 1

Last edited:
Orb factor of 125% shows the Moon-Mars.

astro_2gw_c_e.54045.65158.gif

obsidianmineral

Conjunct Sun.

I know a few people with Sun conjunct Jupiter. I've seen that it can be either pretty good or bad, depending on other aspects. If in a difficult aspect with an ill-planet, the native is overly selfish, of poor judgment, someone who seeks honor but yet is not honorable themselves; someone who is driven by excesses and optimism, someone who abuses of others, however thinks of themselves as greater and more noble. It is of individuals with the capability to lead, but without the humility, pureness or even competence. Sometimes, it could also make people robbers and people who break the law to get whatever they want. This is also emphasized in cases where Jupiter is either not cazimi and in its sign of detriment or fall.

However, in cases where the conjunction is free from affliction, in the dignities of any of the significators (preferably Jupiter and in rulership/exaltation), the individual is humble, honest, of great heart, of great judgment, willing to speak their mind, full of excitement, of wonderous health, of luck, etc.. However, even so, these people may or may not act on these qualities depending on external factors in the chart, which may alter the meaning of the conjunction. If the Moon affects the conjunction with a trine/sextile, the conjunction becomes even more noble, more caring and loving. If the conjunction is in the 10th, the individual is ambitious, optimistic and lucky in his profession; if in the 3rd, the individual is focused on preaching and speaking their mind out, as their perception of abundance and honesty is through communication.

The Sun-Jupiter conjunction pretty much describes that the way the native perceives being noble is expressed through abundance and being generous. The way they were taught to do good in this world was by sharing any kind of wealth (knowledge or money), by inspiring, etc.

dr. farr

I calculate the chart ruler in the following way.

First I look at the dispositor of the ascending sign:

-if that planet is not in fall or detriment, or within 5 degrees of the Sun (combust), or in a pitted degree, or conjunct the South Node, then I assign that planet rulership of the chart.

-if the dispositor of the ascending sign does NOT pass the above criteria, then I look at the planet closest in longitude to the ascending degree; I subject that planet to the same criteria mentioned above: if it passes, then I consider it to be the ruler of the chart; if it fails then I take the dispositor of the sign holding the MC and check it against the above criteria.

-if the MC dispositor fails the test, then I look at the planet nearest in longtitude to the MC degree

-if that planet fails, then I look at the dispositor of the Part of Fortune

-finally, if that planet fails I look at the dispositor of the Sun sign; if that too fails then I look at the planet nearest the Sun (but not within 5 degrees of the Sun)

Nearly every chart will have a ruler that meets all of the criteria.

IBJJzrF.gif

I don't hide away my Jupiter tendencies, though my ego is practically non existent and then sometimes it can come out like a sledge hammer with a force to be reckoned with, not exactly an easy balance the Sun.

But it's much lesser as i grow older and learn.

CapAquaPis

Still trying to learn hard the chart ruler aspects:

1. Find the Essential Dignities (the 5 dignities, apply 3 points to all 3 triplicity rulers), in the Degree of the:
- Sun ( 26' Aquarius - 326th degree)
- Moon (20' Aquarius - 320th degree)
- Ascendant (17' Cancer - 107th degree)
- Part of Fortune (11' Cancer - 101st degree)
- Syzygy (the prenatal lunation, the one that came last, i.e. after which the birth follows - New or Full Moon).
(Feb 2 & Mar 1, 1980-full moon, Feb 16, 1980-new moon, my birthdate Feb 15 at 2:20pm Pacific time).
326+3, 320+3, and 107+3. Also 101+3. and Feb 2 - 1' Aquarius (300+3).
Is the answer 1163? is the Sun the day ruler and the Moon the night ruler?

2. Add 7 points for the Day ruler and 6 points to the Hour ruler.
(Day ruler would be month Aquarius, day is Venus-being born on Friday and hour ruler-14th hour of day-under Scorpio, could be Mars).
Venus in Aries (PM or night ruler). Mars in Virgo (AM or day ruler).

3. Add accidental dignities scores.

10th house = 11 points (Venus in Aries).
7th house = 10
4th house = 9 (Pluto in Libra).
11th = 8
5th = 7 (Uranus in scorpio).
2nd = 6
9th = 5 (Mercury in pisces).
8th = 4 (Sun and Moon, 4 points each).
3rd = 3 (Mars in Virgo, also Jupiter and Saturn).
12th = 2
6th = 1 (Neptune in Sagittarius).

11+9+7+5+4+4+3+3+3+1= 50 - halfway between 0/1 - 99/100.
11+7=18 and 3+3=6. 24...huh, halfway from 0/1-49/50.

The planet which has most points in the aforesaid places is the Almutem Figuris of the chart! In my case, it has to be 11 from venus midheaven.

Don't forget to apply the 5 degrees ruler for the planet near the cusp of the houses. For example, if Saturn is at 15 Scorpio in 4th, but the 5th house cusp is at 19 Scorpio, you will calculate that Saturn already in the 5th, and you will give him 7 points instead of 9 as he would took if he was in 4th house. This can make big difference.

UH OH, my 1313th AW forum registered post. :devil: :crying: :whistling: and I thought last week's friday the 13th was scary enough. And here: the 13 signs or 13 planets talk in some versions of modern tropical western astrology.

Aries-Mars (Sun), Taurus-Venus (Mercury), Gemini-Mercury (Venus), Cancer- Moon (also Ceres?), Leo-Sun (Mars), Virgo-Mercury (Jupiter), Libra-Venus (Saturn), Scorpio-Mars & Pluto (Uranus), Ophiuchus (debated) -Lilith or Chiron, Sagittarius-Jupiter (Neptune), Capricorn - Saturn (Pluto), Aquarius - Uranus (Eris) and Pisces - Neptune (Sedna). In traditional, Saturn rules Aquarius and Jupiter rules Pisces.

dr. farr

Using the model I outlined in an earlier post regarding the way I determine the chart ruler, here's what I find in the poster's natal chart>

Ruler of the ascendant is Jupiter; but Jupiter is within 5 degrees combust the Sun, so I must look elsewhere;

No other planet is in the ascendant, so I look next at the ruler of the MC:
that planet is, again, Jupiter, and therre are no other planets in the sign of the MC, so I must go to the next potential chart ruler in order

The Part of Fortune falls @ 11 Virgo, disposited by Mercury; I check Mercury as a chart ruler candidate but find that Mercury is within 3 degrees conjunct the South Lunar Node, so I must exclude Mercury as a candidate; since there are no other planets in the sign of Virgo...

I finally look at the Sun sign and see that it is Cancer, disposited by the Moon; the Moon is exalted in Taurus, and is not excluded by any of the criteria used in the chart-ruler evaluative model.

Therefore, from my perspective, the Ruler of the Nativity (the chart ruler) here, is the MOON.

Last edited: