anxiety disorder/ career

cryan

Hi:) does my chart show any social anxiety related problems? Is there any problems with my moon? Secondly, what type of career is good for me? ( Can fine art be a career choice) thank you

Last edited:

waybread

It is a courtesy on this forum to post your chart. You can also link it through something like imgur.com . Just make sure it is legible! There is a good free chart service at Astrodienst at www.astro.com .

waybread

You can't do it directly from Astrodienst. Save it to your computer, and then upload it as a clickable thumbnail. Or use a service like imgur.com and send the link. Just make sure the chart is legible-- we need to be able to read the degrees.

waybread

Cryan, you've got a kind of chart formation called a "bucket," with all of your planets in less than half the chart, except for your Mars retrograde in Cancer, which is opposite, forming the "handle" on the bucket.

When a personal planet is retrograde its energy seems to get directed inward. This means that the natural aggression and assertiveness of Mars gets directed inwards. You are probably very hard on yourself! This doesn't mean that anything is objectively wrong with you, just that you tend to beat yourself up if something unexpected upsets you, or you feel a lack of respect from other people.

This tendency is heightened by your very sensitive moon in Pisces. You're kind of a psychic sponge, so if people are being negative, you pick up on it even if they're trying to pretend everything is normal. You then tend to absorb their negativity.

With Pluto square moon, I wonder if Mom is or was troubled, or if you've had a difficult relationship with her.

Being sensitive is good-- up to a point. If you can avoid spending much time with negative people, that would be a big help. We Aquarians need our space, and we need to be ourselves. We're not meant to be conformists, simply to fit in with other people's norms and expectations.

Which of the fine arts intests you?

watcherofthesouth

Aquarius means very fast - and with your Mercury (mind) sitting in that house, it can make you very hyper. Jupiter (significant other, mentor, religion or just profession) will make you feel less anxious. 6th house matters (work/health) could be a remedy. Your Sun is highlighting the anxiety even more and magnifying the issue.

Do you get nervous when you speak to men? Uranus (another culprit for anxiety) is opposite Mars (men) in 3rd (communication).

You were meant for a Fine Arts career (2 degrees is the "Best") just be careful of taking money (Scorpio) from powerful people (Pluto) to fund your pursuits or it may result in having to sacrifice your creativity or full potential.

mahaira

I'll try not to repeat what has already been said. Here's what I noticed first:
The ruler of your 12th house (subconsciousness, for one) is Neptune and it is forming a stressful aspect (opposition) with your Mars and Uranus (conjuction) which is further amplified by a square coming from Jupiter in the 6th. That can be somewhat challenging and it is very important that you find a way to bring to light things that may be bothering you. You could benefit from therapy, yoga, meditation.
Your Mars is in the 3rd house which can give a restless mind. Your third house is in Cancer, maybe you could try to learn to find some distance when it comes to your emotions, they are only reflecting what you're thinking about. If you have negative thoughts you may experience unpleasant emotions.
You are NOT your thoughts and emotions. Learn to observe them (meditation).

With these placements it is essential that you always know what is happening with you, around you, inside you. It's always better to face reality than push it deeper. It always surfaces as anxiety, phobias, depression.

Concerning your job, there is artistic potential, but there's also potential for changing careers, having multiple jobs at the same time...

About your mom, well, it's actually "mother figure" we talk about when we look at the natal chart. So it depends a lot on your family dynamics. So if in your family you have traditional roles, than I'd look, as others have at the Moon's placement and aspects. With Pluto's aspecting it, your mother could be controlling and/or manipulating. There are so many possibilities this could play out and open aggression is only one of them. There's always good old passive-aggression, playing the victim... but with Pluto, there's always question of control over others.

Children with such mothers can grow into people who have emotional issues and are prone to obsessive pasterns of thinking, compulsive behaviors.

In conclusion, I'll copy-paste what I've mentioned above:

You could benefit from therapy, yoga, meditation.

cryan

I don't get nervous when talking to men. I dont spend too much time with them. But I had a difficult relationship with my father who passed away in 2006.
I don't know much about astrology but I have read 2° of any sign is powerful. Venus is at 22° of Pisces along with the moon. How does it work out? Isn't 22° a dangerous degree?

cryan

Cryan, you've got a kind of chart formation called a "bucket," with all of your planets in less than half the chart, except for your Mars retrograde in Cancer, which is opposite, forming the "handle" on the bucket.

Is bucket formation a bad destiny?
I used astro.com for the chart. Other sites like astrocodex give different results.

Last edited:

waybread

I don't believe in the concept of "bad destiny," so I'm not the one to ask. Some things we are given in life, but we have control over many aspects of our lives. If you think you have (or have been diagnosed with) a social anxiety disorder, for example, there is professional help for this.

A bucket formation is not inherently problematic. But in your case, it puts a lot of focus on your Mars retrograde.

Even if you don't think of yourself as athletic, it might be helpful to take up some kind of sport that requires you to focus on your inner game. Mars rules athletes, and the retrograde motion of a personal planet tends to turn it inward. If you can start to build up your courage, one step at a time. that should be some help.

I once looked at the charts of famous painters and didn't see any strong astrological signature. I suspect the chart shows what sort of painter someone might be, not whether or not he will become a painter.

We can look at transits but it would be helpful if you posted your natal chart with transits for the date you left school.

Sometimes young men who feel like they are floundering in life find this book to make a difference in their lives: Jordan Peterson, 12 Rules for Life.

What sort of different results? I've not had a problem with Astrodienst's accuracy, and I have found their charts to be the most legible.

cryan

https://i.imgur.com/5AZXM2U.png

Astrocodex online software interpretation says I have Jupiter in 7th whereas astrodeinst shows Jupiter in 6th. Also the degrees of the house cusps are different.

Last edited:

watcherofthesouth

22 degrees is mainly important with Sun/Moon and Asc signs. It can be dangerous but can manifest different ways. I have 22 degrees/Uranus and I have had a pretty good life so far.

waybread

https://i.imgur.com/5AZXM2U.png

Astrocodex online software interpretation says I have Jupiter in 7th whereas astrodeinst shows Jupiter in 6th. Also the degrees of the house cusps are different.

Check to see if they're using the same house system. Placidus is the default house system at Astrodienst.