Why im not losing weight

Abby83

Also, my calorie intake is 1300 a day. According to my size and weight, this is how much I'm supposed to be eating to lose half kilo a week. But I'm losing nothing.

aquarius7000

...Astrologically, what exactly are you saying. I know those are my aspects but does Jupiter in first mean I'm going to inflate even if I eat well or does it mean I have a tendency to overindulge without knowing eg I think I'm eating well when I'm really eating s lot. What does the Jupiter square Mars mean? I mean I know it causes weight gain but is it cod of overindulgence? And lastly do I have a lymphatic condition I may have to get help with? Or do you think I'm normal?
Abby, if you are in doubt about having a lymphatic condition, please get yourself checked.

Whilst Jupiter is considered the planet of health, healing and growth, it is also the planet of opulence and indulgence. It does give a problem with over indulgence and a struggle to maintain a constant weight. In combination with the Moon, it could also be causing unnecessary retention of bodily fluids. On the positive side, Jupiter in the first house does give far better healing and recuperative powers, and a positive humour (psychology) than Saturn.

The only way to really lose weight is to eat to a deficit if you are not very physical, if you are physical, eat good foods, lift weights, because when you lose weight you also drop muscle mass if you do not work out in the process.

For a male especially this is possibly a lot more important, but i believe both genders should be strong and live strong.

What you eat does not matter too much, balanced diet will drop fat content if all you usually eat is sugary foods and pure carbs.

You still need carbs in your diet if you are VERY active or participate in sports, or work a physical job every day.

Just remember to keep that balance, muscle / fat.

Abby83

Abby, if you are in doubt about having a lymphatic condition, please get yourself checked.

Whilst Jupiter is considered the planet of health, healing and growth, it is also the planet of opulence and indulgence. It does give a problem with over indulgence and a struggle to maintain a constant weight. In combination with the Moon, it could also be causing unnecessary retention of bodily fluids. On the positive side, Jupiter in the first house does give far better healing and recuperative powers, and a positive humour (psychology) than Saturn.

Thank you. That makes sense to me now.

I agree that the house makes all the difference. Being angular gives a faster metabolism and faster mover than being cadent.

Cancer evolve - thank you very much.

Last edited:

keywine89

Ok so ive decided to look at natal chart for this question -

why im currently not losing weight.

I do understand that I have moon conjunct Jupiter in the 1st. Yes I tend to overindulge at times. Currently im sticking to a plan where I have precise calories and activity levels and it has to be low carb for my diabetes. I just don't understand why the weight is not dropping off.

In progressed chart the moon is trining Saturn. I am definitely well disciplined but im sick of eating less than other ppl. Cos of diabetes I cant eat the usual carbohydrates like breads and cereals or sugar otherwise I gain weight rapidly and that's what happened.

My diabetes was triggered when progressed venus squared moon.

Do you think im not losing weight because im subconsciously eating more than I think?

Jupiter or sagittarius in the 1st house is a very bad placement. Jupiter = extra pounds and the 1st house is your outer appearance. Any additional weight gain throughout the years would be because of your Solar return ascendant in sagittarius or jupiter. This goes for anyone. Also at a lesser degree, sagittarius or jupiter in the 6th house. For weight loss, you want to look at your solar return throughout the years. Leo(attention)/mars(action)/aries(action) in the 1st house (outer appearance) making an aspect to uranus (sudden)/neptune(loss)/pisces(loss) in the 8th house(changes)/pluto(changes) is a big indicator for weight loss. Reverse the planets in different houses and it will mean the same. Oh and your probably not losing weight because your SR chart does not bring attention to changes in your outer appearance.

Abby83

Jupiter or sagittarius in the 1st house is a very bad placement. Jupiter = extra pounds and the 1st house is your outer appearance. Any additional weight gain throughout the years would be because of your Solar return ascendant in sagittarius or jupiter. This goes for anyone. Also at a lesser degree, sagittarius or jupiter in the 6th house. For weight loss, you want to look at your solar return throughout the years. Leo(attention)/mars(action)/aries(action) in the 1st house (outer appearance) making an aspect to uranus (sudden)/neptune(loss)/pisces(loss) in the 8th house(changes)/pluto(changes) is a big indicator for weight loss. Reverse the planets in different houses and it will mean the same. Oh and your probably not losing weight because your SR chart does not bring attention to changes in your outer appearance.

That is very true about solar return asc and Jupiter and weight gain. Good point. In fact solar return asc was in sag when I was pregnant/had twins. So this is a good example. I can't believe how much weight I put on in that year and that's when the weight difficult started. A fluid retention diet got rid of it combined with frequent exercise. It's amazing cos the year before I was pregnant with one child, had gestational diabetes, and the weight fell off immediately. It's so weird how with the twin pregnancy I inflated so much even the acupuncturist couldn't believe it. And I was barely eating. I actually think that it was all the vomiting for so many months and not getting proper food down that caused my body to protect itself by inflating. Either that or it was hormonal. I noticed around menopause time I'll have the sag asc solar chart again.

Is there anything you would recommend to remedy the Jupiter 1st house or those years where solar asc is sag? I agree that other solar years can be good for weight loss but during the sag/Jupiter influence I would really like to find a way to stop inflating. It was so crazy. My face was so big that I had a severe out of control blocked sinus infection for 4 months of my pregnancy due to fluid.

Abby83

Oh I forgot to mention that I lost 2 kilos this week after 3 weeks of eating better. Yay. The foods that reduce fluid retention are working.

AppLeo

Your body can end up storing water if you don't drink consistently. Storing water = more weight.

Drinking water consistently helps reduce weight because your body won't worry about storing water because it will be used to getting water in the near future to replace water that was recently expelled.

Just a thought.

Abby83

Your body can end up storing water if you don't drink consistently. Storing water = more weight.

Drinking water consistently helps reduce weight because your body won't worry about storing water because it will be used to getting water in the near future to replace water that was recently expelled.

Just a thought.

Great to know, thanks. I didn't think of this.

Coincidentally I couldn't drink any water for the whole 9 months of the pregnancies. If I tried the water would be vomited immediately. I managed to drink one small glass of soda water a day for half the pregnancy. If it weren't for the bubbles, I wud have had nothing. But my body created so much saliva during pregnancy that I had to spit large amounts every single second throughout the day. My body created its own water. It's amazing. No other woman in my family had this. So yeah, this may be the reason. Definitely in the genes. Not sure what can be done about it. The midwives told me not to worry.

Great to know, thanks. I didn't think of this.

Coincidentally I couldn't drink any water for the whole 9 months of the pregnancies. If I tried the water would be vomited immediately. I managed to drink one small glass of soda water a day for half the pregnancy. If it weren't for the bubbles, I wud have had nothing. But my body created so much saliva during pregnancy that I had to spit large amounts every single second throughout the day. My body created its own water. It's amazing. No other woman in my family had this. So yeah, this may be the reason. Definitely in the genes. Not sure what can be done about it. The midwives told me not to worry.

Not only does lack of water do that, it also stops muscle functionality since muscle is mostly water.

Slow down digestion and increase other problems.

Water retention is obvious, most people will hold a bulging belly with little to no excess mass everywhere else on their body. But it can spread across all the body.

Last edited:

Abby83

Not only does lack of water do that, it also stops muscle functionality since muscle is mostly water.

Slow down digestion and increase other problems.

Water retention is obvious, most people will hold a bulging belly with little to no excess mass everywhere else on their body. But it can spread across all the body.

Yes. And this explains why after my twin pregnancy, for two years I had long term chronic injuries that took a year to heal and was caused from having too much water in the muscles 1) intercostal strain , lasted one year. 2) quad strain, twice, for one year each. 3) ovarian cyst.

It's a good thing I'm not having any more kids but I don't understand why my genes have to be so difficult during pregnancy. It's really not healthy.

Yes. And this explains why after my twin pregnancy, for two years I had long term chronic injuries that took a year to heal and was caused from having too much water in the muscles 1) intercostal strain , lasted one year. 2) quad strain, twice, for one year each.

It's a good thing I'm not having any more kids but I don't understand why my genes have to be so difficult during pregnancy. It's really not healthy.

Perhaps more consciousness of what you are doing, for some it's much easier.. they don't have to try, i put fat on myself.. though i know if i work hard or work out i can change that into fitness and strength.

For you it may require a keener eye and watching what you do and what you eat, try to find the balance in it.

I don't think listening to those who say oh just go on this or that diet will work.

You need one made for you specifically, a personal trainer will come in handy, but they cost.

keywine89

That is very true about solar return asc and Jupiter and weight gain. Good point. In fact solar return asc was in sag when I was pregnant/had twins. So this is a good example. I can't believe how much weight I put on in that year and that's when the weight difficult started. A fluid retention diet got rid of it combined with frequent exercise. It's amazing cos the year before I was pregnant with one child, had gestational diabetes, and the weight fell off immediately. It's so weird how with the twin pregnancy I inflated so much even the acupuncturist couldn't believe it. And I was barely eating. I actually think that it was all the vomiting for so many months and not getting proper food down that caused my body to protect itself by inflating. Either that or it was hormonal. I noticed around menopause time I'll have the sag asc solar chart again.

Is there anything you would recommend to remedy the Jupiter 1st house or those years where solar asc is sag? I agree that other solar years can be good for weight loss but during the sag/Jupiter influence I would really like to find a way to stop inflating. It was so crazy. My face was so big that I had a severe out of control blocked sinus infection for 4 months of my pregnancy due to fluid.

Sorry to hear that. I natally have sagittarius on the cusp of my 6th house so I've been pretty hefty for most of my life. I also have diabetic problems but I keep it under control by taking caffeine pills. Prolab or Applied Nutriceuticals work the best. It helps rid retaining water in the body and gives enough energy without feeling crazy. Also, you may want to try a tea cleanse. Laci Le Beau is the best. Works best when you drink it before you go to sleep. This is what I take every day for 5 years and have kept the weight off. I had SR sagittarius ascendant squaring jupiter virgo in the 9th house last year. The most I gained was 2 pant sizes. I was able to take off the weight at the beginning of 2017 when the 2016 chart was nomore.

Abby83

Perhaps more consciousness of what you are doing, for some it's much easier.. they don't have to try, i put fat on myself.. though i know if i work hard or work out i can change that into fitness and strength.

For you it may require a keener eye and watching what you do and what you eat, try to find the balance in it.

I don't think listening to those who say oh just go on this or that diet will work.

You need one made for you specifically, a personal trainer will come in handy, but they cost.

Yes controlling it and having s plan works best for me. It's when I'm surrounded by freely eating ppl who socially influence group dietary structure/ or should I say lack of structure, that I dnd up losing it. I just need to try my best to be focused on it and to never be distracted. All it takes is one bite of a cake and my sugar levels could trigger a one year binge!

Abby83

Sorry to hear that. I natally have sagittarius on the cusp of my 6th house so I've been pretty hefty for most of my life. I also have diabetic problems but I keep it under control by taking caffeine pills. Prolab or Applied Nutriceuticals work the best. It helps rid retaining water in the body and gives enough energy without feeling crazy. Also, you may want to try a tea cleanse. Laci Le Beau is the best. Works best when you drink it before you go to sleep. This is what I take every day for 5 years and have kept the weight off. I had SR sagittarius ascendant squaring jupiter virgo in the 9th house last year. The most I gained was 2 pant sizes. I was able to take off the weight at the beginning of 2017 when the 2016 chart was nomore.

I can see you can relate with your sag knowledge. We are very similar. With that solar return Jupiter in Virgo square asc you may have gone through similar events as me cos my natal is similar with the conflicting Virgo and sag. Thankfully I have Saturn keeping structure in sometimes. It's all or nothing though. Can't do anything in between.

Andrea_

It takes a while for the body to change over. When you eat the typical Western government food-pyramid diet (lots of carbs) your body is actually in storage/war mode, thinking that at some point the good times will end. So everything goes to fat. It can take weeks, even a few months, before it starts burning your fat instead of storing it. That's why the cheat days are important, to keep the body from going back to storage mode. I tried the regular Atkins in the past and while I lost weight, sticking to it was very difficult and the body went into storage mode very quickly. With the cheat days, that doesn't happen any more. You may not lose weight as quickly, but it will stay off permanently without relapse. The hardest part is getting past the first month or two when you still have cravings.

This.

If a person has alternated their dietary habits a lot during their lifetime (a period of having food followed by less eating, a period of healthy food followed by an intake of less healthy or less diverse food) their body starts accumulating to prepare for those periods.
You have to give yourself time.

Also, if you don't exercise, it's hard to control your body weight. Would have been impossible for me at least. Mars in Cappy in the 1st House on the Ascendant after all, Venus and Moon also in the 1st House. All aspected by Midheaven-ish Pluto.

If you can start exercising regularly, you'll find that it will help you get rid of the excess fat much faster and solve other issues as well. For me, physical activity is a let out for many things. Replace cravings with natural alternatives. Fruit juices/delicious smoothies (but not out of hugeass green apples that you can leave for 3 weeks on a platter and they'll look exactly the same)/honey (not the yucky one in little plastic bags or recipients)/biscuits (bio/digestive) for sweet cravings. I also feel the need to eat seafood/fish/roe periodically and different types of seeds (sunflower, almond, pistachio, or add sesame/flax seeds, poppy less). Eat greens/vegetables (salads, cabbage, radish, beetroot, horseradish/celery roots, green onion, chickpeas, get some dill/parsley in your food, and i personally love adding fresh ginger and and garlic in many dishes for the aroma). These are all examples.

I really like diary products, but here in my country/area they are actually locally produced and tasty, from milk to different types of cheese, because the farmers don't have enough money to actually tehnologize the process of making them or feeding their cows/sheep/goats/etc expensive supplements.

I know in the USA there are a lot of issues, and a lot of intolerances/allergies because of all the chemicals that go into food, same with England and other developed countries. Not to mention GM foods. But, there still are alternatives and options, and I don't know about the situation in Australia ^^.

And yes, the generally well-known and very important rules: drink water, minimize the salt/sugar/oil intake, don't get toast/sweet tasting bread, try rye/leaven bread instead for example. Though what you said about water is not exactly usual. What kind of water was that? Do you filter it/ buy it from a good source? I'm sure you've probably tried all alternatives, but just to strike those off.

Last edited:

Alzander

Dairy isn't designed for human consumption. The milk of an animal is for feeding its offspring, nothing more and nothing less. Hence why you have to artificially impregnate cows in farming and take their calves away from them as soon as they're born....which leads to the mother losing her maternal instinct....they become extremely depressed during these periods and most likely for the rest of their lives....the way I look at it is you consume energy....death and suffering leaves a sour taste in my mouth and I don't put money into such industries....I'd sooner go without puss-ridden milk that isn't designed for me, same goes for meat. Eating protein rich grains and pulses etc is much cheaper than buying those products anyway so it's a no-brainier for me but each to their own. A wholefoods vegan diet and plenty of exercise will shed weight off in no time....as others here have mentioned...drink plenty of water...stay away from sugary drinks...it's all very self explanatory tbh but we're fed lies and misinformed through consumerism and media....I guarantee you'll feel much better about yourself and look a lot better if you remove meat and dairy from your diet....it does wonders and is hard to realise until you actually do it. I quit dairy long before meat because I'm lactose intolerant and it gave me terrible acne...then I noticed eating lots of meat made me feel down for some reason...I played around with veganism for a while on and off then stuck to it and I've never looked back, better skin, better smelling breath (although the change of farts takes a while to get used to) lol, better mind.....you really do become more vibrant and feel cleaner...your skin changes to a beautiful darker olive colour and it's almost like you've caught a tan lol....I noticed when you have a lot of dairy you're very pale and patchy and feel sick a lot...that applies for milk, cheese, meat....etc etc...I hope this doesn't come across like some angry lecture but it's my honest opinion and experience on the matter where I feel I can shed some light and advice for you.....and being vegan doesn't mean you're always eating fruit and vegetables and everything is 100% healthy because that's not true...I have my treats from time to time....there's never been so many alternatives and it's never been easier....vegan milks, cheeses, meats....the list is endless and not as expensive as you'd think...stocking up on the more affordable almond milks...rices...beans...lentils..chick peas etc is very cost effective and cheaper than buying meat and dairy.

Peace.

Abby83

This.

If a person has alternated their dietary habits a lot during their lifetime (a period of having food followed by less eating, a period of healthy food followed by an intake of less healthy or less diverse food) their body starts accumulating to prepare for those periods.
You have to give yourself time.

Also, if you don't exercise, it's hard to control your body weight. Would have been impossible for me at least. Mars in Cappy in the 1st House on the Ascendant after all, Venus and Moon also in the 1st House. All aspected by Midheaven-ish Pluto.

If you can start exercising regularly, you'll find that it will help you get rid of the excess fat much faster and solve other issues as well. For me, physical activity is a let out for many things. Replace cravings with natural alternatives. Fruit juices/delicious smoothies (but not out of hugeass green apples that you can leave for 3 weeks on a platter and they'll look exactly the same)/honey (not the yucky one in little plastic bags or recipients)/biscuits (bio/digestive) for sweet cravings. I also feel the need to eat seafood/fish/roe periodically and different types of seeds (sunflower, almond, pistachio, or add sesame/flax seeds, poppy less). Eat greens/vegetables (salads, cabbage, radish, beetroot, horseradish/celery roots, green onion, chickpeas, get some dill/parsley in your food, and i personally love adding fresh ginger and and garlic in many dishes for the aroma). These are all examples.

I really like diary products, but here in my country/area they are actually locally produced and tasty, from milk to different types of cheese, because the farmers don't have enough money to actually tehnologize the process of making them or feeding their cows/sheep/goats/etc expensive supplements.

I know in the USA there are a lot of issues, and a lot of intolerances/allergies because of all the chemicals that go into food, same with England and other developed countries. Not to mention GM foods. But, there still are alternatives and options, and I don't know about the situation in Australia ^^.

And yes, the generally well-known and very important rules: drink water, minimize the salt/sugar/oil intake, don't get toast/sweet tasting bread, try rye/leaven bread instead for example. Though what you said about water is not exactly usual. What kind of water was that? Do you filter it/ buy it from a good source? I'm sure you've probably tried all alternatives, but just to strike those off.

Thanks. Yeah I think you may be right when you say the body tries to adjust when you keep changing how you eat. Like I was fine all the years I went to school because it had structure and the same went for times I studied after that. I need set times. After I finished school my eating was all over the place. Started when I started working and the hours and break times were unreasonable and too far apart. Stuffed me up.

I agree that here in Australia too there are just too many chemicals in a lot of food and is making me and a lot of other ppl inflamed with weight gain. When myself and other relative go overseas to Europe like Czech republic and Italy we can eat whatever we want, feel full, and stay slim.

Exercise is a tricky one cos I no longer want to do as much as a did and be dependent and addicted to it. I'm happy with doing one walk a day combined with house chores and grocery shopping. So I move around a fair bit.

Andrea_

Exercise is a tricky one cos I no longer want to do as much as a did and be dependent and addicted to it. I'm happy with doing one walk a day combined with house chores and grocery shopping. So I move around a fair bit.

I know it is hard when you have other responsibilities, and I won't insist on this, of course. Looking at your chart, though, I felt the need to mention that sport doesn't always have to be running and sweating. Might as well be dancing, yoga, swimming, horse-riding, archery, or any kind of interesting activity that appeals to you, or that could be done inside as well. Being no doctor, I do not know what kind of condition you have that gives you the issues you've had. Release yourself somehow if you have pent-up energy, act like a fool when you're by yourself and no one's watching ;P.

Long walks ease the body, yes, it is good you try to do them.

Did you use to eat fast? Did you resort to food when you felt nervous, tensed, or pain, physical or emotional?

Personally, for change and transformation, I believe Pluto/Saturn transits play a great role, as with many other things (what manifests outside stems from our deepest thoughts and emotions). Pluto more transformational, Saturn crystallizes lessons. Specifically for weight loss I read about Jupiter. Uranus for experiencing new options (foods, diets, etc).

Last edited:

Abby83

I know it is hard when you have other responsibilities, and I won't insist on this, of course. Looking at your chart, though, I felt the need to mention that sport doesn't always have to be running and sweating. Might as well be dancing, yoga, swimming, horse-riding, archery, or any kind of interesting activity that appeals to you, or that could be done inside as well. Being no doctor, I do not know what kind of condition you have that gives you the issues you've had. Release yourself somehow if you have pent-up energy, act like a fool when you're by yourself and no one's watching ;P.

Long walks ease the body, yes, it is good you try to do them.

Did you use to eat fast? Did you resort to food when you felt nervous, tensed, or pain, physical or emotional?

Personally, for change and transformation, I believe Pluto/Saturn transits play a great role, as with many other things (what manifests outside stems from our deepest thoughts and emotions), but for weight loss I read about Jupiter as well. Uranus for experiencing new options (foods, diets, etc).

Well it's interesting you talk about exercise being essential for release. I've always used exercise and couldn't sit still before pregnancy. But my diet was terrible. My major setback was all those situations that are incredibly sedentary, like family stuff, but I'm moving away from that so it should be easier. I take it you're saying I need lots of exercise cos of Mars and Jupiter being strongest planets in my chart.

Yes if I ever did overeat junk it was cos of those things you mentioned. A big two reasons can be out of boredom and wanting to 'pleasure myself' with food. But only when I'm in that phase. I'm all or nothing. Now I'm in the nothing phase psychologically (translation - no junk).

Yes Pluto in my first made me very skinny. Now Pluto is in my 3rd.