Ascendant Sign Descriptions

Kannon

:sun: Asc virgo

the personality stuff is much closer to me than the appearance description and compering to other virgo risings i know they are far from this description too.

Doesn't mars and venus play any part to appearance too?

The only time Venus' or Mars' sign plays a role in appearance is when one of those planets is the RULER of the correct Asc, or when making a close conjunction to another planet. For example, I have a client who has Pisces rising, but he does not have a typical Pisces appearance because he has Venus 18AQU40 and Saturn 18AQU55. So his appearance is darker, and he tans more easily than a typical Pisces rising person.

Remember, Venus stays in a sign an avg of 1 month, Mars 2 months. There isn't much influence to be attributed to individuals by it. In fact the Moon sign has more individualized connection to appearance, especially showing in the eyes, skin, and revealing fluidity or vulnerability in particular areas of the body.

Kannon

:sun: Asc virgo

the personality stuff is much closer to me than the appearance description and compering to other virgo risings i know they are far from this description too.

Around half of the people who are supposed to be Virgo rising are not. That is why many of the ones you know will be far from that description. Most of those are actually Leo rising. The faces will be broader, bodies sturdier or blockier, or more statuesque and the personalities will be more outwardly confident, not introverted.

The description I gave is fitting for True Virgo Asc people and can be used generally as a check for someone's chart. Some charts have to be adjusted to Leo, even Cancer for the Asc.

Saturnian

I don't know if someone already pointed it out,but I thought Barack Obama had Aquarius rising.

As for myself,I fit somewhat in the descrption but I have many planets in the first and I they do affect my appearance,or at least expression a lot.

robots

This thread is awesome.

Would you say I look more like a Leo or Cancer ASC?

faaace.png
face-1.jpg

Kannon

robots, your face looks more rounded than rectangular, so I'd say Cancer Asc, depending on what your Sun sign is.

robots

I'm a Capricorn Sun. Does that change anything?

According to Astro.com, I'm a Leo Asc but some other websites have told me that I'm a Cancer Asc. I've always thought of myself as more of a Leo Asc. Most people consider me to be egotistical rather than sensitive. Haha.

Zoffie

What asc. would you give this man?
Rammstein's singer, jan 4th 1963, leipzig, germany

till_lindemann.jpg
200px-Till_lindemann.jpg

I have my own guess, but would like to hear yours.

Thank you

Arian Maverick

If we're going to post pictures on this thread, can we please apply the guidelines Kannon describes? We have many Ascendant-guessing threads on the forums--ones for specific members and celebrities, as well as more general threads such as Ascendant Physical Traits and Ascendant and Appearance.

As far as this individual is concerned, his face appears somewhat squarish, but long. Perhaps this may indicate some fixed-mutable combination...? :unsure:

Scorpio or Pisces???

I doubt Pisces is viable; if this man had a Pisces Ascendant, he likely would have Jupiter hovering around his Ascendant. Although his face has a bit of the characteristic mutable v-shape, I imagine his features would be softer if he had a Pisces Ascendant with Jupiter conjunct the Ascendant.

Scorpio is possible, due to the squarish forehead, but we must keep in mind that a Scorpio Ascendant would place Neptune and Venus in his first house, possibly conjunct the Ascendant.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Zoffie

If we're going to post pictures on this thread, can we please apply the guidelines Kannon describes? We have many Ascendant-guessing threads on the forums--ones for specific members and celebrities, as well as more general threads such as Ascendant Physical Traits and Ascendant and Appearance.

As far as this individual is concerned, his face appears somewhat squarish, but long. Perhaps this may indicate some fixed-mutable combination...? :unsure:

I doubt Pisces is viable; if this man had a Pisces Ascendant, he likely would have Jupiter hovering around his Ascendant. Although his face has a bit of the characteristic mutable v-shape, I imagine his features would be softer if he had a Pisces Ascendant with Jupiter conjunct the Ascendant.

Scorpio is possible, due to the squarish forehead, but we must keep in mind that a Scorpio Ascendant would place Neptune and Venus in his first house, possibly conjunct the Ascendant.

Arian Maverick

Soooooooooorrrrry :sad:

And thanks

Some other people also told me scorpio, especially knowing about the guy and his band.

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

As I mentioned earlier, Scorpio is a definite possibility, but we must keep in mind that this man has an emphasis upon fixed signs--Mercury in Aquarius, Venus in Scorpio, Mars in Leo, as well as the generational Saturn in Aquarius and Neptune in Scorpio. Additionally, he may have the Moon in Taurus if he was born later than 8:34 AM. (Yes, I checked! :whistling:) This may account for his squarish features.

I'm unskilled yet at applying Kannon's principles, but as an exercise, I'm going to read through the descriptions and see which physical characteristics may fit. Please tell me if you interpret a word or phrase differently, as I am learning the vocabularly of physiognomy.

Aries:

"Bony or chiseled ovate head that in men can have a skeletal suggestion"

Personally, I wouldn't characterize his head as ovate, but it certainly appears "bony" or "chiseled."

"The jawline can be narrow, but most often will be stronger than the other cardinal signs, and the neck is slimmer than normal."

His jawline appears strong, but his neck looks rather thick in the second picture.

"The eyes are active and can have a sharpness or brightness to them and there is a demeanor of energy."

He's not looking directly into the camera, so it's hard to judge this. They appears to be a sharpness to his gaze, but I don't detect the "brightness" I associate with Aries.

"They eyebrows may be bushier or thicker than normal."

His eyebrows are slightly bushy, but I don't think this is a prominent trait.

"The men can be rugged with a jutting or bony chin..."

I'd describe his chin differently than this.

"...and both sexes can be fair and ruddy, regardless of hair color (Caucasians)."

The picture quality isn't the best, so I can't judge this.

Taurus:

"Taurus rising has a head and face that is more softly rectangular, and eyes to match: often brown, rounded, full, heavily lidded with long lashes and with a more steady gaze than Aries types."

He certainly has a squarish forehead, but as I observe more closely, his face does not appear softly rectangular; it's too long.

He appears to have heavy eyelids, however.

"The nose tends to be broad or rounded at the tip."

Broad nose--check! :biggrin:

"The neck or throat is thicker than normal."

Thick neck--check! :biggrin:

Gemini:

"Gemini has a narrower head that is often longer than normal. Sometimes it is normal in length, but tapers to a narrow chin."

Longer head than normal--check!

"There is often a high forehead..."

I think I'd say he has a high forehead.

"...and the eyes can be wider apart than average."

No, his eyes do not appear to be wideset.

Cancer:

"Cancer has a rounded or oval shaped face."

Again, his face seems too longish.

"The mouth tends to be wide and there is a generally a feeling, sympathetic look to the face."

If anything, I'd say he has a narrow mouth, and I'm not sensing a particularly sympathic look.

"The skin is usually soft and the eyes will reflect this softness rather than a sharpness or intensity."

I don't know if he has soft skin, but his eyes seem sharper.

Leo:

"Leo rising has a rectangular or squarish head that is rarely small."

I've mentioned the squarish features repeatedly, but the overall face shape is more longish than rectangular.

"The eyes are usually large, even bulging, and can be especially attractive and magnetic. These eyes are more often widely-spaced than with any other sign."

His eyes aren't particularly large or widely-spaced, but they may be magnetic.

Virgo:

"Virgo rising has a tapering head that is sometimes clearly v-shaped."

This may apply.

"The cranium is large, if only at the occipital area, and the forehead may be higher than normal, but the head narrows to a small mouth with modest lips."

I didn't peg this man as a Virgo type, but this description seems accurate enough.

"The chin may look chopped off short of a full triangle."

His chin does appear to be chopped off! :biggrin:

"The nose generally has a pinched bridge and is often straight and down-pointing."

The bridge of his nose appears to be wide, and I woudn't describe it as down-pointing.

"The eyes are closer together and smaller than most any Leo rising."

This I may agree with.

Libra:

"Libra rising produces a rounded, ovate head that is normally smallish unless altered by planets."

No, his head definitely is not smallish!

"Even the chin tends to be rounded and with a dimple or cleft."

No, his chin clearly is not rounded.

"The eyes and mouth are generally well-shaped and attractive, even if they are not models or beauty queens. The eyes are generally light, and in Caucasians can be of mixed color (blue-green). The skin is normally smooth, soft and complexion good."

I'm getting increasingly lazy, so I haven't separated these sentences. His eyes appear to be light, but it's difficult to ascertain is skin texture or complexion.

I've run out of energy, so I'm going to stop here. I know I haven't analyzed the traits of Scorpio Ascendant, yet, but I still get this "vibe" from him.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Zoffie

His jawline appears strong, but his neck looks rather thick in the second picture.

"The eyes are active and can have a sharpness or brightness to them and there is a demeanor of energy."

He's not looking directly into the camera, so it's hard to judge this. They appears to be a sharpness to his gaze, but I don't detect the "brightness" I associate with Aries.

Taurus:

"Taurus rising has a head and face that is more softly rectangular, and eyes to match: often brown, rounded, full, heavily lidded with long lashes and with a more steady gaze than Aries types."

He certainly has a squarish forehead, but as I observe more closely, his face does not appear softly rectangular; it's too long.

I've run out of energy, so I'm going to stop here. I know I haven't analyzed the traits of Scorpio Ascendant, yet, but I still get this "vibe" from him.

Arian Maverick

Yes we don't really see it on these picture but he really has thick neck.

And I noticed that it is the fact in most pictures that he doesn't look straight at the camera.

When his hair is shaved his face becomes a lot more oval, but qwith hair I see it kind of square...

My personal guess was taurus...that makes a lot of earth.

Let's not forget he has pluto trine his since very thightly, so may be that makes him look very scorpio like...

This could help the interested http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1DI9IdEEk8
By the way, he looks a lot differently on stage when he performs.

Since I don't want to mess with the original subject of this thread, I'll start a different thread...
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=223041#post223041
Thank you for taking the time to answer like this. I hope with can continue this discussion on the new thread.

Kannon

Till Lindemann has a mutable or fixed Asc sign, almost certainly. Not enough roundedness to his face for a double fixed sign (Capricorn sun) [EDIT: error! double cardinal sign - not fixed]. His height - 6'3" or 4" - and his substantial build nearly completely eliminate the mutable signs, unless, as Arian mentioned, Jupiter at a Pisces Asc. But almost certainly a fixed sign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Till_Lindemann

He seems to be soft spoken and shy when not performing. Not a city person, prefers the country and natural scenery. Asc in Water is most likely.

This image is most strikingly similar to a friend of mine (born in '66) who is also a Cap (Jan 12) and has Scorpio rising. Her face is broader and more obviously rectangular, but the color of the eyes and appearance around them is very similar.
till_lindemann.jpg

If I had to bet I'd say Scorpio with Neptune conjunct or parallel Asc.

picture.php

Last edited:

Zoffie

Thanks

And scorpio rising puts uranus in 9th...could explain why he is attracted to Iceland and the Amazon that are unusual trip destinations.

I have uranus in 9th and Iceland is the next trip I want to make and I am very attracted to the amazon, I just hate insects :wink:

Saturnian

Thanks

And scorpio rising puts uranus in 9th...could explain why he is attracted to Iceland and the Amazon that are unusual trip destinations.

I have uranus in 9th and Iceland is the next trip I want to make and I am very attracted to the amazon, I just hate insects :wink:
Didn't know that the 9th house could be interpreted this way too.

Kannon

Actually for Till Lindemann I think this chart is more likely...

picture.php

The Pisces Asc with Jupiter in 1st plus interceptions of signs in 1st-7th. His face and personality suggest a shy, but creative sign. But his physique suggests something stronger. Jupiter increases size and height.That thick neck is really something. Maybe a Taurus Asc with Mars parallel. Any given day contains so many astrological possibilities it really helps to have a verified birth time to start with. This is not in-depth here, just speculation based on general principles.

Last edited: