The Same Degree

freedomlover

I have been wondering this for some time now....

Is there any significance to a degree number being repetitive in a chart? I've had this happen several time, and it just seemed to have some significance to it. For instance, the chart I was looking at today had objects at the 24th degree six times in one chart. Granted, that is using asteroids, but still.... It just feels like that should be significant, I just don't have any technical explanation for it.

Does anyone have any experience with this or any technical knowledge to share?
I have read very, very little in technical astrological stuff - there is so much I don't know. That's on my "to-do" list for this year.........

Thanks for any and all insights.

Frisiangal

It does happen a lot, doesn't it? Or planets in 'clusters' of following numbers.
I don't have any technical knowledge to share but it seems that some people have everything happening during particularly strong phases of life, the cluster configuration of aspects, then nothing for years, whilst others have lots of things happening over shorter periods of time, the salt and pepper type of chart. The theme or reasoning behind such does seem to be shown in the chart and I guess the explanation would be found when a person becomes more consciously philosophical about their life as a journey rather than just a willy-nilly sequence of events with no ulterior motive or meaning.

F.

freedomlover

Very well put, Frisiangal!

I was wondering, too, if there was a way to tie all the "same degrees" together - if there was any established way to connect them and add meaning to them.

flea

Hi Freedomlover,

I am going right out there and say something in the grandmothers sucking eggs style.

I suppose that is what aspects do.

Ok now hit me if you want to.....

I do have lots happening around the 18-20 deg, in Virgo, Scorpio, Sag, Capricorn, Pisces. Squares sextiles and trines are hitting commonly within 2 deg orbs. Oh and also aquarius if you count lilith and pholus on my MC.

I haven't tied it to a pattern of timing tho. Yet I do see my chart as giving me clues to unfold my learning here. It has helped me to see the reasons why I had to go through some very tough stuff.

I suppose extra emphasis should be placed on the planets hitting those degrees, as the energy of the aspects will be particularly strong. My sun pluto chiron T-sqaure hits 18 in each case and is the biggest effect on my life.

Hope it helps and I haven't offended!
Love and Light
Flea

freedomlover

Flea,

No, my dear, you did not offend. But I think you did misunderstand the question. Maybe I did not phrase it clearly. In my example of the chart that had the 24th degree emphasized 6 times, I was asking if there was some special significance associated with the 24th degree - a meaning to it. I know sometime on this forum I have come across bits and pieces of information about things being associated with a certain degree of signs. I just don't remember where it was. Or if it was the 6th degree - is there something associated with the 6th degree of signs?

C'mon, people! I know I'm not making this up. Maybe not making it clear, but not making it up. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Themis

the special degrees that i've heard is firstly used in tradistional astrology but it's not concerned with recurrent same degrees in natal. then i know that some people are rather fascinated by degrees isssus like 'astrologer's' degress, Anareteric (critical) degrees, and in medical, certain corelations between degrees and deseases, it seems 19° of each sign is also interesting etc..i've not known by far what it means in a natal chart for 24° except agreeing with Frisiagal that it certainly has kind of bundle effects during transits. if you find 24 degrees significative for you, why don't try the Sabian Synbols to start off? i find it most interesting. i can't say further but this is an interesting thread:)

freedomlover

Themis,

Yes, I think you know which tree I'm barking up! :rolleyes:

The majority of the charts that this is happening with are not natal, but the "snapshot" charts that I refer to when I get an idea suddenly hits me - they would be a horary chart if I knew horary. :p

I had a chart yesterday that the 19th degree was coming up in. What is it with that degree?

I will check into the Sabian Symbols. They are great - I just always forget to use them.

Thanks!