Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 10-17-2015, 11:30 PM

Re: Why do I want to be obese?

Eh, I'm sitting down all day at my new job, the hard part is my parents and the fact I work at a hospital. For the most part, I know what I want my body look like, and once I reach that point, I'd lose weight to a healthier, though still obese, range. Really, I'm not sure the goal is five hundred (I'm pretty strong in the legs, I can walk a lot) so I don't think I'll have too much trouble moving around. I have a pretty good plan, though most people wouldn't see it that way . . .

Unread 10-18-2015, 01:11 AM

I'm wondering if you like being the center of attention, even if it's negative attention.
Unread 10-18-2015, 01:48 AM

Not really. Maybe I'm in denial. I'm okay with attention, but I also prefer to be in the background. Sort of like a puppet master, but with good intentions. And no, negative attention is never good for me, I tend to seclude myself when I become angry or depressed. Also, I don't do emotions well. I don't experience my emotions very often, but when I do, it hits hard.
Unread 10-20-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by practicalmischief View Post

Not really. Maybe I'm in denial. I'm okay with attention, but I also prefer to be in the background.
Sort of like a puppet master, but with good intentions.
And no, negative attention is never good for me,
I tend to seclude myself when I become angry or depressed.
Also, I don't do emotions well. I don't experience my emotions very often, but when I do, it hits hard
It seems then that denial, anger, depression and other negative emotions
are some of the reasons you "want to be obese"
however
consider the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
Dangers of excess body weight
http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/heal...pics/obe/risks

*Coronary heart disease
*Stroke
*Type 2 diabetes
*Cancer
*Osteoarthritis

These are some of the big ones.

2/3rds of Americans are overweight and is one of the top 10 fattest countries in the world. The leading cause of death in the U.S.A is heart disease.

Quote:
Americans at Risk for Heart Disease

High blood pressure, high cholesterol, and smoking are key risk factors for heart disease. About half of Americans (47%) have at least one of these three risk factors.7

Several other medical conditions and lifestyle choices can also put people at a higher risk for heart disease, including:

Diabetes
Overweight and obesity
Poor diet
Physical inactivity
Excessive alcohol use

http://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 10-21-2015, 02:32 AM

Many obese people use their fat as a suit of armor. I know a woman who deliberately gained fifty pounds after her divorce and said she did it so she wouldn't be attractive to men.
Unread 10-21-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by practicalmischief View Post
I don't have issues with my mother, she's just not at home very often because of work, but now we work at the same hospital, same schedule right now. I feel like I have a better relationship with my mom than my dad, but I feel distant from both (not from rejection, just I don't think I can say much about myself around them). The codependency of Neptune conjunct sun meaning "rescuing" I guess could be another aspect. I don't know much about his things work, like filing taxes and creating accounts with banks and whatnot. I don't think the food would come from my mom, more so my dad then? He stays at home because its cheaper than hiring a babysitter and my mom has 23+ years of experience in her field. He cooks more. I know that aspects can be different per person, and manifest as different things (such as Pluto square ascendant manifests as either a magnetic charm or a deceitful personality, though not always both). So,maybe my chart was read differently than another person's?
You're right, everybody's chart reads differently. Each planet/aspect can manifest slightly differently.

You have capricorn sun conjunct neptune in the 11th. Those are placements that don't like to express themselves. Capricorn is a sign that constantly worries about what everybody else thinks of it. Neptune doesn't know what it thinks of itself so will go with what everybody else thinks. 11th house is impersonal, it fights on behalf of the group and struggles to express itself.

So again these are all placements that go towards wanting to hide the inner self away from the world. Someone said about fat being like a suit of armour; and as I wrote previously if you were really overweight you'd likely have to just stay at home (notably as your dad does).

Anyway ... let's try turning the fat thing around ... why do you think being extremely fat would be attractive to a woman? What would she find desirable in it?
Unread 10-21-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Out Orange View Post
why do you think being extremely fat would be attractive to a woman? What would she find desirable in it?
Plenty of insecure women out there. She wouldn't have to worry about him leaving her. I knew someone like that years ago. Every time the man would go on a diet, recommended by his doctor because this guy was morbidly obese, she'd sabotage him by bringing all sorts of candy and pastries to his office "for the staff". Of course he couldn't resist. This man also happened to be very rich and she didn't want to lose the goose who laid the golden eggs!
Unread 10-22-2015, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeNow View Post
Plenty of insecure women out there. She wouldn't have to worry about him leaving her. I knew someone like that years ago. Every time the man would go on a diet, recommended by his doctor because this guy was morbidly obese, she'd sabotage him by bringing all sorts of candy and pastries to his office "for the staff". Of course he couldn't resist. This man also happened to be very rich and she didn't want to lose the goose who laid the golden eggs!
MaybeNow - thank-you for your comment although I wasn't looking for general answers or explanations.

I was trying to help PracticalMischief to get some understanding of his drives and what he thinks he will gain from such a situation.

In doing that he can then begin to understand what he believes he lacks and therefore has to find in a partner, but actually has to build up or find within himself.

But yes, your comments are certainly one way it plays out. I wrote earlier that these types of relationships are usually one of co-dependency which is all about needing each other and no threat of one partner leaving the other.
The Following User Says Thank You to Inside Out Orange For This Useful Post:
ashriia (10-22-2015)
Unread 10-22-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeNow View Post
Many obese people use their fat as a suit of armor. I know a woman who deliberately gained fifty pounds after her divorce and said she did it so she wouldn't be attractive to men.
I don't think many people who become obese are deliberate about it, not like the OP here, or in your example.

I personally think that it mostly works at a very subconscious level, due to poor boundaries. Sometimes those boundaries have been stolen as in the case of early sexual assault, or there more related to the obese person not being able to draw a line in the said, stand up for themselves. etc. So the fat becomes like a physical boundary to protect the self. It's usually a Neptune issue. Just think of all the emotional eaters seeking comfort in their food. On the surface it's just seems like eating to feel good, just like with sex addicts and sex...but there is often so much more going on on a deeply subconscious level.

Tags
obese