Moon 8th house

fantasmo

Account Closed
Hello,

just a little general question:
Could somebody with moon in 8th house be afraid of becoming overwhelmed by his own feelings (...being afraid of doing something crazy then)? Or does that sound rather untypical for this placement?

At least it stands for intense feelings, doesn't it (ok, and something more, I know)?! So I was wondering are these feelings handled in a controlled way or migth they get out uncontrolled? (I mean, no matter which feelings...could be the impulse to hit somebody or hug somebody).

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hello,

Could somebody with moon in 8th house be afraid of becoming overwhelmed by his own feelings (...being afraid of doing something crazy then)? Or does that sound rather untypical for this placement?

At least it stands for intense feelings, doesn't it (ok, and something more, I know)?! So I was wondering are these feelings handled in a controlled way or migth they get out uncontrolled? (I mean, no matter which feelings...could be the impulse to hit somebody or hug somebody).
Hello fantasmo, it's important to consider also the Moon Sign as well as the house and sign location of the planet that rules the Moon Sign and whether or not that planet is in aspect with the natal Moon, so your question is too general :smile:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Hello,

Depends on the chart.

GalacticEgg

I would say an individual with their moon in the eighth house is very aware of their emotionality and how powerful (and influential) it can be. Both Bill and Hillary Clinton had moon in the eighth house (his in Taurus, hers in Pisces; I bet they had awesome sex), as do the charts of Johnny Cash, Charlie Sheen, Sigmund Freud, Hugh Grant, and Paris Hilton...notice that all these people, in one way or another, have been involved in sex scandals that have made them notorious but also strangely more famous...just an observation, but it seems that, aspects, sign/house placement depending of course, moon in 8 has a funny tendency to let the bedroom slip out into public, often at the expense of the trust of the native's loved ones or even their marriages and/or relationships.

If you're having 8th house issues or know someone who is, check yo'self before you wreck yo'self

fantasmo

Account Closed
Thank you for your replies.
Mh, let's say gemini moon 8th house...mh and cancer sun.

Ok, but only saying "moon 8th house" acts this and that way is not possible? So it's not necessarily somebody who's afraid of his possible emotions/reactions?

check yo'self
What should I check? Wether I have some strange secrets and can handle being involved in a sex scandal? :lol:

JUPITERASC

Thank you for your replies.

Ok, but only saying "moon 8th house" acts this and that way is not possible? So it's not necessarily somebody who's afraid of his possible emotions/reactions?
Exactly. A natal chart requires synthesis of many considerations - not just one planetary placement
What should I check? Whether I have some strange secrets and can handle being involved in a sex scandal? :lol:
Wonder how many people have NOT got 'secrets' of one variety or another... and as for 'sex-scandals' - those are not unusual and not solely attributable to an 8th house natal moon :smile:

fantasmo

Account Closed
Ok. But they have talent for occult things, are psychic, having second sight?! Only the way they finally ACT ("self-confident psychic guru" oder "a bit fearful") depends much more on the whole chart?!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Ok. But they have talent for occult things, are psychic, having second sight?! Only the way they finally ACT ("self-confident psychic guru" oder "a bit fearful") depends much more on the whole chart?!
A person with an Eighth House natal moon does not necessarily have 'a talent for occult things' - there are those with an Eighth House natal moon who have no 'talent for occult things'/'second sight'

Conversely there are those whose natal moon is NOT in Eighth House, yet the person has 'a talent for occult things'
:smile:

ashriia

Aspects to your moon need to be considered here.

and fantasmo is a very 8th house username. funny :devil::wink:

fantasmo

Account Closed
Aspects to your moon need to be considered here.
and fantasmo is a very 8th house username. funny :devil::wink:
No I'm not the one with the 8th house moon...mine is 5th house, almost 6th.

@jupiterasc
I can definitely not make you offer me (or maybe my virgo mercury) an exact clean checklist for this topic?!:biggrin:

JUPITERASC

No I'm not the one with the 8th house moon...mine is 5th house, almost 6th.

@jupiterasc
I can definitely not make you offer me (or maybe my virgo mercury) an exact clean checklist for this topic?!
:biggrin:
'An exact clean check list?' Begin by delineating the natal chart - some examples as well as detailed advice at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=377493#post377493 :smile:

Here I want to open a discussion (alongside with practical examination) for delineating natal charts. I think this is the most important thing in Astrology delineation sessions because the predictions only give that which is promised in the natal chart.
I will use Alcabitius house system but will add to the delineation sporadically whole signs.
I intent to gave different examples of different themes or subject in different people's charts.
For example, we will use examination of 11th house for delineating native's friends or social life. 7th house for native's marriage and partnership. 9th house for native's religion, faith, journeys and etc..

Lets start with example.

9rpnk4.png

This is a chart of a woman who is about 39 of age.
Lets call her Woman 39.
Her love life is awful. She is almolst 40 and still single. She had some relationships in the past but nothing worked out and as she said to me: "I've accepted the fact that I will maybe be single for the whole of my life".

Lets examine her 7th house.
It falls in Leo.
First we look to find a planets there, because the dominion by placement is much more immediate and powerful then dominion by rulership.
There are no planets in the 7th house.
Second, we look at the Domicile ruler of the house cusp, that is the Sun.
Third we look at the Almuten of the House, in this case Sun again because it is Domicile ruler and one of the Triplicity rulers (5+3).
Fourth, we look at all the minor dignity rulers.
Domicile: Sun
Exaltation: None
Triplicity: Sun, Jupiter, Saturn
Term: Jupiter
Decan: Saturn
Fifth, according to Abu Ali we need to consider the Arabic Parts related to the matters of the house we delineate. In this case that would be Part of Marriage. I use the Part of Marriage according to Paulus: ASC + SA - VE for Women, reversed for Man.
Her Part of Marriage falls again in 7th in Leo15, again in the terms and decan of Saturn/Jupiter.

"All the good or bad for the house emanates from its ruler", this is one of the rules for delineating.

In this case, great ruler of the 7th house is the Sun. It is in 9th with the Moon. (I think that I read in Cardanus, but I'm not sure if it was Cardanus, that the person with Moon combust would probably not be married).

We need to mention here the 4 most common afflictions cited by Bonatti (he actually gives 10, but 4 of them according to Zoller are most in use):
1. Retrogradation
2. Combustion
3. Cadent
4. Conjuntion, Square or Opposition by Malefic

So, having this in mind lets examine all the rulers of the 7th.
Sun is in 9th (cadent) making opposition to Mars in 3rd Retrograde. (Two rules of affliction are present: cadent and opposition with malefic).
Jupiter (2nd Triplicity ruler) is in tide square to the same Mars.
Saturn is cadent in 6th, Retrograde and in conjunction to the Cauda Draconis (decreasing all which conjunct).

It seems out that that Mars retrogarde, in detriment, and cadent in 3rd is the source of many troubles in her life.

I'd check out William F. Lilly's Christian Astrology Volume 1, Table of Contents, '.... the houses.....', for many die hard Trads don't see that Lilly gives correlation to houses and the signs, which many if not all Modernes associate signs with the natural chart.

Lin

Fantasmo,
I have the Moon in Gemini (27 degrees) straddling my 8th house cusp.
It sextiles my MC very closely, and my Merc.
It makes a wide sextile to my Mars.

Yes, I have BIG, Plutonian feelings. But feelings are not facts.

However, they CAN be impulses...and this is the part you need to examine. Are you in control of your emotions or are they in control of you?
Gemini is a sign of "thinking" and "communicating" ...therefore a big part of the "solution" (if there is a problem inherent in this) is to study, think, communicate with others about not only your feelings, but the entire subject of feelings.

Once you become a bit more objective, you take yourself away a bit from the impulse of the moment.

Of course, if your feelings are overwhelming and negative, you might need to speak to a totally objective person about them.
Depending upon what the feelings are, how based in objective reality they are and whether or not you have been taught to balance and control your emotions and use them and not have them use you, you may be able to deal with them yourself; or you might need professional help.

I began to really understand my emotions and later, the feelings of "others" through the study of astrology. It made me see myself and others in a very different way.

And of course, everything depends upon the rest of your psychic makeup (birth chart) and how the moon is positioned and what transits may be affecting it NOW or at any particular time.
LIN

fantasmo

Account Closed
Hello Lin, thank you for your reply.
The person with the 8th house gemini moon is not me, it's somebody else...and this somebody is cancer... we know each other only for a little while so we are not very close(but I think we are quite friendly)...and to me it seemed like this person is afraid about his reaction to me when I am around...(would take to much time to explain how and why, etc...but to me it seemed that way)...now I was thinking a little bit, also considering that cancer sun, this might indeed be true... a very emotional nature, but since we are not "good friends" we would not talk about it, and so there are maybe some tensions......

Not easy to describe since I'm not an english speaker. But this was a little experience with somebody with moon 8th house...and I don't know... I just had this "fear of own emotions/reactions"-impression... something like "curiosity, intensity, fear, avoidance, and curiosity again"...

EDIT: Of course everything is also based on the whole chart, but in this case I looked at the moon, because to me it felt like a "moon-thing".

Last edited:

Lin

Well, of course the entire chart would have to be read to answer deeply your original question and to ascertain if your chart and his would be compatible we'd need to see your's too.
But I will say this: A person cannot change how they feel. People who feel very deeply will always do so.
What IS possible is that as time goes on, and as the person grows up and matures, either the Moon becomes in "perspective" or not....
and if not, the person will still be a sort of victim to his feelings.

However: what may change is his ACTING on those feelings.
He might become less forthcoming...he might not "let on" what he feels...he might hide a lot of what he feels, EVEN TO HIMSELF.

If he is hurt enough times, he might withdraw his feelings and redirect them to other pursuits, telling himself that he "can't win" with allowing his emotional impulses to govern him. He might become more detached and intellectual, or just more distant.

Through time, this can get better....if he has some good feedback and good relationships... or it can get worse...putting up a WALL so that he can't feel as vulnerable the next time.

So these are some of the "might be" situations.
LIN

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member

What should I check? Wether I have some strange secrets and can handle being involved in a sex scandal? :lol:

I only skimmed the thread, and it takes a whole chart which I believe several members have already stated. It isn't the Cancer Sun you want to look at. Is the ASC in Scorpio? Is the Moon in the 8th sign or just the 8th house?

Two things to consider. The Moon doesn't particularly like being in Gemini, because it is her own 12th house (Gemini is 12th from Moon's domicile in Cancer.) So we can consider this to be a bit of a debility for the Moon. That said, of all the planets, the Moon is the one that is able to bear best being in the 8th, which cannont see the ascendant and is also considered one of the worst places in the chart, right after the 12th and the 6th.

Saturn is the planet that will show your fears, not the Moon. In this case, Moon is above the horizon in a day chart (Sun is in Cancer and Moon is in 8th) in a masculine sign but feminine quadrant. She is unconfigured to the ASC, and in aversion to the house she rules by domicile, in her own 12th. She is also in aversion to Taurus, which if the ASC is in Scorpio is the 7th house and which she rules by exaltation. Moon is pretty well out of sect.

If you are interested in understanding why a certain person reacts to you a certain way, then a snyastry chart is the better method to use. Because this person with Sun in Cancer in the 9th? and Moon in aversion in Gemini in the 8th? could react very differently to you than to other people, based on your own chart placements.

tsmall

Premium Member
Wonder how many people have NOT got 'secrets' of one variety or another... and as for 'sex-scandals' - those are not unusual and not solely attributable to an 8th house natal moon :smile:

We all have secrets, do we not? :wink:

It makes one wonder...how many people have had "sex scandals" and yet had no 8th house placements?

For a "sex scandal" I'd be more inclined to see out of sect plantes in Earth signs. And to make it a true scandal I'd be more inclined to see out of sect planets in Earth signs ruling the MC. Because it isn't realy a "scandal" until it affects one's reputation.

greybeard

You are trying to make a single indicator, and a very general one, say what you want it to say.

It would be much better to let the chart speak to you, rather than trying to put words in its mouth.

Sex Scandal: Bill Clinton.
Mars conjunct Neptune at the Ascendant. Moon in Taurus in 8th, square Sun and Leo stellium....

Horoscopes, like sex scandals, depend on what you mean by "Is". Nothing exists in isolation. Context, context, context.