Saturn in the 8th house

Nightfire

This is a spin off to summer92's thread. How does this affect one in his/her daily life. Im curious 2 know because i have this in my chart and was wondering how it affects me.

rahul_rastogy

Saturn in 8th house [FONT=&quot]would carry a sincere and serious approach towards life and would be quiet inflexible and firm in their approach as specially with their finances and relationships. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Saturn in 8th house would bring a blend of both adverse as well as pleasant impacts upon the native’s life.

retinoid

Usually you want control over your own finances as well as possibly being stuck with controlling others finances (could even have a job in this area).

Usually sex will not feel liberating or free, you may have some hang up in this regard and are definitely not someone who can have hook ups. Celibacy for long periods of time is a marker for this placement.

Usually Saturn here will bring obstacles and challenges to push you toward spirituality (8th house is a very spiritual house). But the road will not be easy. Also to attain spiritual advances, it has to come largely from you.

There is definitely a major theme of a need to control your own resources and possibly being tied in some manner to someone else or you may not feel like you have the support you needed in order to stand on your own. There is a struggle with being totally 'free'.

Depending on aspect death will usually be later in life and you will not succumb to illnesses quickly but could suffer for very long...again depending on aspect.

Nightfire

What aspects depict early death? I have saturn in aquarius and venus in pisces in this house, does this strenghten or weaken this placement?

retinoid

What aspects depict early death? I have saturn in aquarius and venus in pisces in this house, does this strenghten or weaken this placement?

I use whole sign so venus and saturn wouldn't be together in this case. However, venus would strengthen longevity if in the 8th house.

Nightfire

Usually sex will not feel liberating or free, you may have some hang up in this regard and are definitely not someone who can have hook ups. Celibacy for long periods of time is a marker for this placement.

Does venus in this house affect this at all since it deals with love ect...

retinoid

Does venus in this house affect this at all since it deals with love ect...

Usually any planet here deals with intimacy of self and resources. So Saturn here will feel restrictive (may have issues with giving totally of oneself or finding what you are looking for) while venus requires relationships that are very deep as opposed to say a venus in the fifth!

Claire19

We cant say unless we have the whole chart and the aspects that Saturn makes elsewhere. It can manifest in all sorts of ways and is always a karmic issue from the past and where we have the lessons to learn to progress and mature.

Claire19

The 8th house is much more than the passing over. It is a question that no ethical astrologer would address. Again it depends on the aspects made and the transits but without a chart, it is all mere speculation. The danger is in having too limited a view and little knowledge of astrology.

tsmall

Premium Member
Usually you want control over your own finances as well as possibly being stuck with controlling others finances (could even have a job in this area).

Usually Saturn here will bring obstacles and challenges to push you toward spirituality (8th house is a very spiritual house). But the road will not be easy. Also to attain spiritual advances, it has to come largely from you.

There is definitely a major theme of a need to control your own resources and possibly being tied in some manner to someone else or you may not feel like you have the support you needed in order to stand on your own. There is a struggle with being totally 'free'.

Depending on aspect death will usually be later in life and you will not succumb to illnesses quickly but could suffer for very long...again depending on aspect.

Sorry retinoid, but I have to disagree with some of this. Saturn in the 8th will not have anything to do with "hooking up" or sex, that would be more likely seen with Saturn in the 5th, since the 5th represents pleasure, including physical pleasure. Saturn in the 12th is more apt to show long periods of celibacy, especially by choice, say the hermit or the monk.

To follow a little on the idea you started, Saturn in the 8th, depending on other chart factors as noted here also, could indicate things like credit card debt, or debt that comes from partnerships, be they business or personal. Remember, the 8th is the second to the 7th, so absolutely a theme of not getting what you want or need out of relationships, be that monetary issues in marriage, or even not having an inheritance. Saturn here can indicate a long life, but we would look to his dignity and sect as well as to his aspects, and a host of other considerations, before we judge if the native will suffer long with an illness (shown again by the 12th for a lingering illness, or the 6th for a quick one.)

BTW, I have Saturn in the 8th.

Nightfire

We cant say unless we have the whole chart and the aspects that Saturn makes elsewhere. It can manifest in all sorts of ways and is always a karmic issue from the past and where we have the lessons to learn to progress and mature.

Will this help:

Attachments

• J.B chart 2.gif
    J.B chart 2.gif
    53.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Caro

A know of someone with saturn in cancer in 8th. they have financial obligations to their family. (debts due to helping out with medical bills)
however pretty shrewd with money despite not earning much and being a bit of a 'spendy pants' sag planets. has been on their own for long periods but definitely some secret liaisons.

another saturn in virgo - has lived off proceeds of writing(mer in gemini) and also had some inheritance. jupiter and sun in gemini. again pretty careful with the money not an overly generous person. again has spent years alone but in her youth that was a different matter!.

Nightfire

I cee

Very interesting links Mj82 and Blackempress.
Saturn in the 8th has always been a mystery to me, but these links have echoed what I always thought about my taurus saturn rx,8th.
I found when young that there was control issues definatley, but I put it down to my pluto, but it does seem now to be saturn, I was the one controlled and often attract people that want to control me.
Also due to health problems, sex was not possible and this would drive me insane, its horrible not being able to make love to one that you love, a lot everything else went because of this, a confusing time, I learnt a lot about power and control.
Also saturn in the 8th describes my parents relationship perfectly and my father to a 'T'.
Haha, inheritance, that won't be happening as I don't talk to either of my parents!
Earning my own money seems to be an issue for me too. Funny as well that I have always wanted to leave something tangible behind when I leave this world, if I had some money I would buy acres of land and plant a woodland and also want to create a "natural burial site", where people can "go" a diiferent way.
This feels very saturn 8th!

Nightfire

My father has a lot of debts, thus causing the family to struggle and worry about money excessively. Im guessing saturn in the 8th plays a role here.

I cee

My father has a lot of debts, thus causing the family to struggle and worry about money excessively. Im guessing saturn in the 8th plays a role here.
Its possible Nightfire!
Do you have any sun/saturn aspects?
My sun is in the 4 th conjunct ic and trines saturn.

Nightfire

No, just jupiter trine saturn, more can be seen above in my chart. I have a lot of neptune and uranus aspects in my chart though, dont know if these coincide :unsure: