Do you have a stellium?

poyi

Premium Member
I have five in Capricorn, including Sun. It's...odd, since I don't really identify with Capricorn much. Once I figure out my houses ill have more to say.

That would be the Sign of Saturn and where Saturn is will give out more importance. But Saturn expresses itself through these five planets in the house they are at.

greybeard

MJ82...you misunderstood.

I was distinguishing 4 in one sign from 4 in one house but not same sign.

The reason 4 in one sign is powerful is because the same element and mode is emphasized, an emphasis on the essential rather than circumstantial. Circumstances can be changed, while the essence of a thing (person) does not change.

And of course, if 4 planets are found in both one sign and one house, the stellium's power is enhanced.

Erulastiel: I really don't think it's a matter of personal preference. The definition of stellium that I offered is old; the "three planets within 5 degrees" is a modernist's re-definition of the stellium. Also, the planets in a stellium do not have to be in actual within-orb conjunction. A planet at 1 degree and a planet at 29 degrees with 2 more in between at any degrees of the sign constitute a stellium.

The reason a grouping of planets is called a "stellium" (or satellitium) -- which is a "formation" -- is due to its incredibly enhanced power, the power of concentration.
The stellium is a concentration both of Element and Quality (Mode). Three planets are not sufficient to produce this heavy imbalance of power.

It is the same idea as with Preponderance, of which there are many types: Element, Quality, House Triad, Cross, Retrogradation..... All of these preponderances require a majority of planets to qualify as a preponderance. A stellium is an exceptional preponderance, focalized in one place.

I submit that the authors who say three planets form a stellium are in error. Just because someone wrote a book does not mean they may not be mistaken. And then what happens, if indeed they are in error, is that students and followers come behind them and propagate the error.

A stellium is composed of 4 or more planets, at least 2 of which are not Sun, Mercury or Venus.

Last edited:

anjelik

MJ82...you misunderstood.

I was distinguishing 4 in one sign from 4 in one house but not same sign.

The reason 4 in one sign is powerful is because the same element and mode is emphasized, an emphasis on the essential rather than circumstantial. Circumstances can be changed, while the essence of a thing (person) does not change.

And of course, if 4 planets are found in both one sign and one house, the stellium's power is enhanced.

Erulastiel: I really don't think it's a matter of personal preference. The definition of stellium that I offered is old; the "three planets within 5 degrees" is a modernist's re-definition of the stellium. Also, the planets in a stellium do not have to be in actual within-orb conjunction. A planet at 1 degree and a planet at 29 degrees with 2 more in between at any degrees of the sign constitute a stellium.

The reason a grouping of planets is called a "stellium" (or satellitium) -- which is a "formation" -- is due to its incredibly enhanced power, the power of concentration.
The stellium is a concentration both of Element and Quality (Mode). Three planets are not sufficient to produce this heavy imbalance of power.

It is the same idea as with Preponderance, of which there are many types: Element, Quality, House Triad, Cross, Retrogradation..... All of these preponderances require a majority of planets to qualify as a preponderance. A stellium is an exceptional preponderance, focalized in one place.

I submit that the authors who say three planets form a stellium are in error. Just because someone wrote a book does not mean they may not be mistaken. And then what happens, if indeed they are in error, is that students and followers come behind them and propagate the error.

A stellium is composed of 4 or more planets, at least 2 of which are not Sun, Mercury or Venus.

I've seen you mention before that a stellium is four planets, but most things I've read have said three. Could you clarify why three is not a stellium?

Also, that is interesting about Sun, Venus and Mercury. My boyfriend has those three planets together in his 12th house in Pisces. I always thought the reason I did not FEEL or even notice that energy was because it was Pisces. I guess it is just because it is not that powerful and not actually a stellium. I am going to read more about that. Thank you.

vitas

I've seen you mention before that a stellium is four planets, but most things I've read have said three. Could you clarify why three is not a stellium?

Also, that is interesting about Sun, Venus and Mercury. My boyfriend has those three planets together in his 12th house in Pisces. I always thought the reason I did not FEEL or even notice that energy was because it was Pisces. I guess it is just because it is not that powerful and not actually a stellium. I am going to read more about that. Thank you.

Stelliums are 3 planets conjuncting one sign I have venus moon and pluto conjunct in scorpio in sixth house plus mercury in virgo in sixth house, trust me when I say a stellium consist of 3 planets not 4, 3 planets in the same sign and house placement as for I know what it's like to have such intense tensions & burdens...

dioskouris

Account Closed
Would the Lunar Nodes contribute to a stellium? How about Chiron? since some astrologers treat it as a legitimate planet.

Also, the ASC and MC? perhaps vaguely a quasi-stellium effect?

M

may28gemini

Would the Lunar Nodes contribute to a stellium? How about Chiron? since some astrologers treat it as a legitimate planet.

Also, the ASC and MC? perhaps vaguely a quasi-stellium effect?

No, stellium is just planets. Lunar Nodes are theoretical. Chiron is an asteroid. AC and MC are angles.

Amnesia

I have two stelliums - three planets in Sagittarius (Sun by itself and Mercury conjunct Uranus) and three in Scorpio (Pluto by itself and Moon conjunct Saturn) although the orb is 5 degrees on Moon + Saturn.

I often think of myself as alternating between two very different opposites at times. Sometimes I'm very intense, serious and in the past angry (Scorpio Moon is squaring Mars slightly in Aquarius!) or I'm enthusiastic, happy and optimistic with three planets in Sagittarius.

I have found the Moon conjunct Saturn in Scorpio squaring Mars in Aquarius very emotionally trying at times in the past but I rarely get angry now. Especially when I was very young I used to have the most amazing tantrums! Also with this combination it has been very hard to forgive people for past hurts as well but luckily these days I rarely let things get to me and find it much easier to control my emotions before they flare up, which they can do very quickly if unchecked!

All in all I think these stelliums make me a bit black and white at times with an all-or-nothing kind of attitude.

The worst thing about my chart though I feel is that I have Neptune (chart ruler) conjunct Sun in the 10th House and while I'd say that my main talents are inclined to the study of religion and spirituality (Mercury + Uranus in 9th House and Moon + Saturn in 8th House) it's not really a field I can expect to make a living from. Even deciding on a career path is like trying to look through thick fog for me and with the Saturn return I'm becoming more and more conscious of the fact that I haven't found my all-round niche yet (I work in I.T. at the moment).

I have seriously contemplated writing professionally however and documenting my discoveries in the areas of religion and spiritual sciences even if it's just so that I can hopefully leave something of use behind for others when I'm gone!

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
I am listening to The Planet an Aspect Lecture Series by Darrelyn Gunzburg and Bernadette Brady. The Strict rule of Stellium should be 4 Planets or More, within 9 Degrees conjunctions to have all 4 to be able to affect each other within the effective range of orbs. Or you can have a very wide orbs of Stellium but not all 4 can interact with each other. The intensity is not as significant. However, this will bring in the interesting conjunctions in tighter orbs occurring in Progression but not naturally in natal.

When in different sign, that is just out of sign conjunctions.

omega

Yeah I have one too in 12th and 2nd house. Astrology seems true so far for me. Saturn transit in my 12th house stellium is so painful based from my experience right now and it's affecting my finance and career.
12th-sun,mercury,pluto,mars
2nd-uranus,venus,saturn,neptune
These are very true to my nature so far and situation.
:lol: Dunno if you guys have the same experience.

Last edited:

sleepy_cat

my sis has 7 planets in sixth house...but they are not all in the same sign...however, most of them are interrelated by conjunction: Jupiter with Saturn, Sun and Pluto; Sun conj Jup and Sat and Venus conj Uranus...if they all share one house do they count as stellium?

actio

I know someone with a scorpio stellium: Moon-Mars-Saturn all within 2 degrees. He also has Pluto in the same sign but it's more than 10 degrees removed, and sun in Pisces. Creative destruction personified. He has two aspects of his personality - the one that is intensely magnetic and attracts people to him (he literally has a group of followers), and the other side that is chilling and frightening. Different people hone in to different sides of his personality. Some become atuned to the frightening, chilling, repulsive side and keep their distance. Others become atuned to the magnetic, creative side and become his fans and followers. Ultimately he is very ego-centric and not above using people while putting a smile on his face.

poyi

Premium Member
I know someone with a scorpio stellium: Moon-Mars-Saturn all within 2 degrees. He also has Pluto in the same sign but it's more than 10 degrees removed, and sun in Pisces. Creative destruction personified. He has two aspects of his personality - the one that is intensely magnetic and attracts people to him (he literally has a group of followers), and the other side that is chilling and frightening. Different people hone in to different sides of his personality. Some become atuned to the frightening, chilling, repulsive side and keep their distance. Others become atuned to the magnetic, creative side and become his fans and followers. Ultimately he is very ego-centric and not above using people while putting a smile on his face.

Sounds like a lower form Scorpion energy as Serpent. Would be mixed with the negative form of Pisces as well.

actio

Sounds like a lower form Scorpion energy as Serpent. Would be mixed with the negative form of Pisces as well.
Yeah he's an interesting fella. The other dominating influence in his chart is Aquarius (mercury and venus), so with a Pisces sun, heavy Scorpio influence, and a touch of Aquarius he makes for an interesting and magnetic personality that attracts followers yet he is committed to no one himself. But he seems to be in process of degradation and he feeds off the energy of those he draws in.