Pluto in the 8th House?

sworm09

Hi, I have my natal Pluto in Sagittarius sitting stationary in the 8th house, at a critical degree, trine my Moon, sextile my Venus and parallel to my Sun/Saturn conjunction, yet I don't really feel the effects of it, or rather, I'm not really aware of the effects of it. I was told that Pluto is often so subtle that the native won't notice it, but everyone else will. How could this be true for such a powerful planet? Can someone explain? Thanks!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_anonymous.63912.59867.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_anonymous.63912.59867.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 47

tautomer

I think part of the reason you don't really notice or "feel" pluto in your chart is because it is not much of a major player.

Surface inspection reveals that neptune is the chart ruler, since you are a Pisces rising.. Further your sun is in Pisces, in the 12th house. Neptune does not have too many strong aspects to it though. Something else in your chart stands out with significantly higher prominance.

If we look closer though, we see that Jupiter is double pleased because it's in its ruling sign of sagittarius, it's in its home 9th house. This is a powerful and huge influence. Jupiter is the Traditional ruler of Pisces (before Neptune was discovered), so it brings this to even further prominence. Jupiter also has many strong aspects to it, including being part of a grand trine* (whether this grand trine would be seen as valid depends on other factors, as there is a 10orb trine). Jupiter squares the sun as well as saturn.

There is not only a significant placement energy for Jupiter, but it it has important aspects to it as well. Because of this I would say Jupiter is definitely one of the most major players in your chart.

As far as Pluto goes, it's far down on the depositer chain. It will have an influence on you yes. There are other things in your chart though that simply have a much stronger influence over you. That is likely why you don't "feel" it much. As an example, uranus plays a very minor roll in my chart, so I don't really feel it's influence much, compared to other themes in my own chart.

You're also young and have many more years to go. It took until the last year or so for some major themes in my own chart to appear in my own persona.

Last edited:

sworm09

I think part of the reason you don't really notice or "feel" pluto in your chart is because it is not much of a major player.

Surface inspection reveals that neptune is the chart ruler, since you are a Pisces rising.. Further your sun is in Pisces, in the 12th house. Neptune does not have too many strong aspects to it though. Something else in your chart stands out with significantly higher prominance.

If we look closer though, we see that Jupiter is double pleased because it's in its ruling sign of sagittarius, it's in its home 9th house. This is a powerful and huge influence. Jupiter is the Traditional ruler of Pisces (before Neptune was discovered), so it brings this to even further prominence. Jupiter also has many strong aspects to it, including being part of a grand trine* (whether this grand trine would be seen as valid depends on other factors, as there is a 10orb trine). Jupiter squares the sun as well as saturn.

There is not only a significant placement energy for Jupiter, but it it has important aspects to it as well. Because of this I would say Jupiter is definitely one of the most major players in your chart.

As far as Pluto goes, it's far down on the depositer chain. It will have an influence on you yes. There are other things in your chart though that simply have a much stronger influence over you. That is likely why you don't "feel" it much. As an example, uranus plays a very minor roll in my chart, so I don't really feel it's influence much, compared to other themes in my own chart.

You're also young and have many more years to go. It took until the last year or so for some major themes in my own chart to appear in my own persona.

Thanks for the response. I would agree, Jupiter is the most prominent part of my chart, along with Saturn and of course my angular Moon. After doing a bit of research, I noticed that I have "felt" Pluto consistently for a while, but I wasn't aware of it. It is extremely subtle, but there. As you said, other placements are taking center stage and I still have years to experience with my planets.

I think the largest play Pluto has had was during my childhood. I was extremely paranoid when I was a small child. My fears were mostly based around me and everyone I knew dying. I was especially afraid that we would be murdered. I've had a few near death experiences in my short life and even now I am painfully aware that death can strike at any moment. The Moon-Pluto Trine shows my somewhat adverse relationship with my mother. Thankfully the easy aspect reflects the smoothing over that takes place. It's nothing violent. The Venus-Pluto sextile shows my need to control my friends and my distrust of them. Also, I've always had a fascination with occult subjects. I was near obsessed with psychics when I was a kid, and spent hours on hours trying to develop psychic powers (It didn't work out too well haha). It's interesting that my fascination with the occult would eventually lead me to astrology at such a young age. Now that I've begun thinking about it, Pluto has had an amazing amount of influence on my development as a person. Through my interests, obsessions, and attractions, I would say that Pluto has a bit of "a say" as to what goes on in my chart. I could go on an on talking about all kinds of things that I shouldn't be talking about publicly, but they are all things that reflect my natal Pluto. Most of the reason I don't notice Pluto is probably due to my ignoring him. With the more powerful Jupiter's morality and Saturn's guilt, I try not to think of the darker aspects that are so clearly there.

Last edited:

astralrabbit

Account Closed
Pluto in the 8th. I have pluto there. For me it manifest itself in a variety of ways, however the 8th is where my final depositor lies.

Attachments

• astro_25gw_02_ja_3_2012127.1271.60377.jpg
    astro_25gw_02_ja_3_2012127.1271.60377.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 22

MJ82

It can be difficult to separate out the influences of planets and placements in a chart sometimes. I think Pluto in the 8th is extra subliminal (with the capacity for profound psychological insight and also for transformation of self and psyche) but aspects count a lot here too. I have Pluto in the 8th as part of a stellium, and a few aspects, but for me pluto is very psychological and control-related. Then again one of my most exact aspects is mercury trine pluto, so I'm very aware of it psychologically (and pluto and the 8th - among other things - are deeply psychological).

I think the more you sit with your chart and learn about it, the more certain things will click into place in terms of your understanding.

astralrabbit

Account Closed
I do agree with you Aj82; I feel that I must point out as well that Carl Jung most notably stated often that the sub-conscious was a most ardent player with manifesting events and people externally that mirrored the subliminal. I find this to be such a true statement.
I have had many people open up to me with-in hours of first meeting and tell me very personal events that they have experienced through-out their lives since childhood. I contribute these happenings to my pluto-venus conj. in the 8th. I have felt this presence with in my most intimate relationships as well.
Sex, love, and life in general. It is, to me, the most important house in my natal chart. Recent events have only shed more of an inner light onto this even greater awakening. It has me questioning career choice, and reflecting on how to let go of the past more so in effort to express the positive energy of this planet. Obsessiveness has been one of the traits that I have had to learn the hard way in how it was being expressed. The conscious mind of one who expresses this usually does not see obsessiveness, but interprets there actions or words in a different manner. I have realized this through my own experience, and am learning how to let go once the healing of the other person is complete. Change is inevitable, and when those of us who have this placement express it in a postive manner for humanity then we really start to serve this great experience.