Potential Coffee Grinder Purchase - Will It Be Worth It?

Arian Maverick

Hello, everyone! :happy:

I feel somewhat guilty for popping in here at random intervals to ask a horary question without participating more deeply in other forum discussions, but many areas of my life have been progressing full-speed ahead, so my astrological studies have become a lesser priority. Nevertheless, I still utilize astrology; I think I always will. I have the members of this forum to thank for that.

This is not an especially important matter, but it is time-sensitive, so I'd like to post the chart before racing off to an appointment. I have developed slightly more sophisticated taste in coffee than Folgers; I recently purchased a small French press, and I am considering purchasing a relatively-cheap burr mill to grind coffee beans as I use them to preserve freshness. I found what appears to be a great model with many four- and five-star reviews online for 50% list price, and I have a 30% discount coupon I must use by tomorrow (Tuesday). I have drank a 6 oz. glass of coffee every morning for months, so I don't think this is a passing interest. I feel relatively safe and confident with this purchase, BUT I also have become intensely interested in health matters, so I am researching the effects of caffeine and the chemical composition of coffee and how it may affect my biochemistry. I really enjoy coffee, and I don't drink much of it, so I think I am safe...but I don't want to make this purchase and then discover something a week later that will make me hesitant to drink any coffee. Therefore, I ask "Should I buy this coffee grinder? Will I use for a long time in the future, or will I give up coffee?" Does this horary chart so such a discovery and cessation of coffee drinking? If so, obviously I will not invest money on this coffee grinder.

I am running late, so I apologize that I cannot consult my horary astrology books or offer much in-depth interpretation for my chart at this time. I admit I am slightly confused about which planet signifies the coffee grinder; it is the ruler of the house which designates small moveable objects? Or is the coffee grinder itself not the important factor at all, but rather, my significator since I essentially am inquiring about my future habits? My significator is Mercury in Aries which is appropriate given the emphasis upon the sign of Aries in my natal chart; I know we do not use outer planets in horary, but I chuckled when I saw Mercury also was conjunct Uranus. The lack of aspects of traditional planets to traditional planets also has me uncertain how to proceed with interpretation. I am certain exalted Moon in Taurus, possibly void-of-course (I need to check my definitions of void-of-course, since I seem to remember that the Moon is not void in certain signs). Venus exactly conjunct Ascendant also may be significant.

Perhaps the simplest way to interpret this chart would be to look at the Moon? It's moving from exaltation to what may be peregrine (I don't have time to consult Ptolemy's Chart of Essential Dignities to confirm this at the moment. Again, I apologize.)

I thank you in advance for any insight you may be able to offer me on this chart.

Arian Maverick

Attachments

• Coffee Grinder Horary.jpg
    Coffee Grinder Horary.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 50

StillOne

Omg, it's so cool to see a member come back that I've read so many posts from! I know I wasn't here when you were posting but I just wanted to say thanks for being so prolific here! Being busy is a good thing, no need to apologize for your absence and it's good to see you're still using astrology!

dr. farr

Since the SN is in the ascending sign, I consider the indications in this chart to be unreliable for delineation, however, if I did delineate the chart I would say:
-2nd house = quesited
-Moon lord of 2nd house, flows toward the POF (+), and is exaltation (+) but in the 12th house (-)
-querent Mercury is in the 11th house of gains and advantages (+) and flows toward the POF (+) but Moon flows away from Mercury (-)
...so, +4 and -2 would = net +2, so I would have said "yes it will be worth it"; however, with the SN on the ascendant, I certainly cannot say with any certainty whether that delineation would turn out valid, or rather quite the reverse!!

Arian Maverick

Omg, it's so cool to see a member come back that I've read so many posts from! I know I wasn't here when you were posting but I just wanted to say thanks for being so prolific here! Being busy is a good thing, no need to apologize for your absence and it's good to see you're still using astrology!

You flatter me, StillOne. It's strange to think people still find and read my old posts, but I am glad you seem to have enjoyed them.

Think about it this way; if you don't buy it, you'll never give up coffee.

I haven't consulted the chart again since I posted it, but during the intervening time I convinced myself not to buy the coffee grinder because I know that if I purchase an item, I tend to use it heavily to justify the purchase to myself. I feared, perhaps irrationally, that if I invested in the item, I would buy and drink more coffee. I am curious which factors in the chart made you conclude the opposite.

Since the SN is in the ascending sign, I consider the indications in this chart to be unreliable for delineation, however, if I did delineate the chart I would say:
-2nd house = quesited
-Moon lord of 2nd house, flows toward the POF (+), and is exaltation (+) but in the 12th house (-)
-querent Mercury is in the 11th house of gains and advantages (+) and flows toward the POF (+) but Moon flows away from Mercury (-)
...so, +4 and -2 would = net +2, so I would have said "yes it will be worth it"; however, with the SN on the ascendant, I certainly cannot say with any certainty whether that delineation would turn out valid, or rather quite the reverse!!

This is good to know. I am curious if this chart indicates my ultimate decision to wait to purchase this grinder until I am more certain about my dietary needs and caffeine tolerance. I experienced a "crash" yesterday caused by many days' lack of sleep and over-reliance upon caffeine; this naturally affected my decision.

Thank you both for responding.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Humanitarian

You flatter me, StillOne. It's strange to think people still find and read my old posts, but I am glad you seem to have enjoyed them.

I haven't consulted the chart again since I posted it, but during the intervening time I convinced myself not to buy the coffee grinder because I know that if I purchase an item, I tend to use it heavily to justify the purchase to myself. I feared, perhaps irrationally, that if I invested in the item, I would buy and drink more coffee. I am curious which factors in the chart made you conclude the opposite.

This is good to know. I am curious if this chart indicates my ultimate decision to wait to purchase this grinder until I am more certain about my dietary needs and caffeine tolerance. I experienced a "crash" yesterday caused by many days' lack of sleep and over-reliance upon caffeine; this naturally affected my decision.

Thank you both for responding.

Arian Maverick
Hello Aquarian Maverick, we're in 2023 now and still read your old posts!